1. Post #1081
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,941 Posts
    well considering the survey asks about previous Dota experience, I expect them to be looking for people with previous Dota experience.
    Sometimes they let new players in as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    July 2008
    709 Posts
    Do any of you guys know Russian because my name was switched to this when I logged in:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,115 Posts
    Whats a good situation to use necronomicon?
    Honestly, any time is a good time for a Necrobook. The utility it provides is great. If they have a stealth hero then you should definitely get one. Even if they don't you can still use the true sight to ward hunt. Mana burn is an awesome tool that can screw a hero like Anti-Mage over. AS and MS aura is good for pushing. Last Will, on the melee creep, will kill someone. That's 600 Pure damage when it dies to whoever killed it.

Answer: any time.

Edited:

Do any of you guys know Russian because my name was switched to this when I logged in:
    I'd change your password.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #1084
    July 2008
    709 Posts
    Edited:

I'd change your password.
    But nothing else except the name on that spot got changed since my steam and ingame names remained the same, so I think dota 2 just glitched or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,849 Posts
    Your name means "Hey, bro" in Russian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,134 Posts
    Your name means "Hey, bro" in Russian.
    Then my english to russian translator definitively isn't working.
    A shame, oh well, at least I can pretend to be russian to english players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

7. Post #1087
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,422 Posts
    Just had a very close game. We get invoker and tiny but they have silencer. If I didn't pick tiny, then we would have possibly won it. It became a base race towards the end since I couldn't pull off my combo in teamfights with Silencers passive, Lycan just started to backdoor. Both sides all barracks down and we couldn't hold off the 3 carries. They were busy killing us at fountain so Lycan had a free bd for a while until they started attacking throne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #1088
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,849 Posts
    Then my english to russian translator definitively isn't working.
    A shame, oh well, at least I can pretend to be russian to english players.
    All translators suck. But in this case it might be because "Ei" and "bratish" aren't really words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

9. Post #1089
    July 2009
    1,076 Posts
    Does anyone else here play Dark Seer commonly? Right now he's my favorite character and he seems to be pretty under-appreciated. He can play most any role, from support to carry, solo lane easily with Ion-Sphere, and having that on your head early to mid game easily puts your DPS above any other character if you level it first. Plus he's pretty much a tank the whole game through regardless of what role you play if you get the right items. With Surge you can escape most ganks easily, especially those that depend on slows (I regularly finish with less than 3 deaths) and get around the map quickly without heavy mana use or tp scrolls. And his ult is possibly the best ult for scaling into the late game, especially against a team with multiple high DPS Heroes. In this one game that dragged out to 83 minutes, the enemy Tiny got a Rapier from our stupid Nature's Prophet. That may sound like a bad thing for most teams, but with my level 3 ult and scepter I made an illusion of him that did 140% of his damage and had his 4k health that quickly wrecked his entire team while they focused on us. Looking through the thread I've seen nothing about him other than the admittedly hilarious videos of him vacuuming people onto hills and such, not even in any of the pub-stomp pictures. So uh, any other Seers out there?

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Does anyone else here play Dark Seer commonly? Right now he's my favorite character and he seems to be pretty under-appreciated. He can play most any role, from support to carry, solo lane easily with Ion-Sphere, and having that on your head early to mid game easily puts your DPS above any other character if you level it first. Plus he's pretty much a tank the whole game through regardless of what role you play if you get the right items. With Surge you can escape most ganks easily, especially those that depend on slows (I regularly finish with less than 3 deaths) and get around the map quickly without heavy mana use or tp scrolls. And his ult is possibly the best ult for scaling into the late game, especially against a team with multiple high DPS Heroes. In this one game that dragged out to 83 minutes, the enemy Tiny got a Rapier from our stupid Nature's Prophet. That may sound like a bad thing for most teams, but with my level 3 ult and scepter I made an illusion of him that did 140% of his damage and had his 4k health that quickly wrecked his entire team while they focused on us. Looking through the thread I've seen nothing about him other than the admittedly hilarious videos of him vacuuming people onto hills and such, not even in any of the pub-stomp pictures. So uh, any other Seers out there?
    I don't play him commonly, but I have a couple times. He is a pretty versatile hero when it comes to types of damage output, and his surge is a very useful tool. I'm not so great as him, but he's fun to play.

11. Post #1091
    April 2009
    8,422 Posts
    A lot of people played dark seer in the previous thread.

12. Post #1092
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,902 Posts
    One of my favourite heroes by far. I normally play him as an aggressive support, although he can handle almost any role. Ion shell wrecks havoc into enemy melee carries who attempt to farm early game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

13. Post #1093
    The Pain Train's a-comin! Woo woo!
    August 2010
    1,092 Posts
    You people mind if I join the Facepunch lobby too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

14. Post #1094

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Not at all, shoot me a PM and I'll send you an invite.

15. Post #1095
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    Dark Seer is annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,115 Posts
    Dark Seer is at a good spot right now.

17. Post #1097
    January 2012
    54 Posts
    Hey can i join this lobby whosit, too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #1098
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,161 Posts
    Dark Seer is fucking awesome. He quickly became my favorite character. Surge + Phase boots pretty much grantee you'll escape from even the worst of situations. I can't count how many times I've gotten away from the entire enemy team with just a sliver of health. Vacuum is also a very good escape tool. One time I vacuumed 3 guys who were chasing me onto a ward spot, and got away with around 50 HP and my team ended up getting 2 kills out of it. He's very versatile, can tank, support, and do a shit ton of damage. Early game is pretty easy with him. Laning against melee heroes? Just throw on an Ion Shield and kick the shit out of them. His base damage and armor are pretty good and you can just straight up fight against melees with little worry. Laning against ranged heroes? Just pop a shield on some creeps, it will force them to either get closer or back away. Yesterday I played a game where I literally ran into 4 enemies (Natures Prophet, Morphling, Spirit breaker, and Lifestealer), threw down a shield on myself, used my orchid on Prophet, killed him in like 2 seconds, used my ult and vacuumed everyone into it, threw another shield onto one of the illusions, and killed everyone else with just 20 health left, and enough mana to surge out of there before their batrider got to me. Ever since I started playing Dark Seer, I haven't been able to stop. I just kick so much ass with him that when I play a different hero, I just end up wishing I picked Dark Seer instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    So far I like playing Sven and Omniknight, any suggestions for other heroes I should play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #1100
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    So far I like playing Sven and Omniknight, any suggestions for other heroes I should play?
    Earthshaker

always play earthshaker

he's #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    I used to jungle dark seer regularly since his jungle is massive fun. Although his sceptre got nerfed, he's still a top pick for most comp games. The only downside I have for seer in pubs is that most people can't really follow up on his vacuum -> ulti.

Edited:

Just don't build omni semi-carry/carry if you're doing bad. Just had an omni throwing the game for us by getting orb of venom daed and sny. Farmed while we were pushing and only ulted himself. Tried to solo kill when he was negative on deaths and 2 level disadvantage. Russians love to throw.

22. Post #1102
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    Wooo 360 spectators were watching me fail hard as Chen! But we managed to win, was carried hard by pro people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,111 Posts
    Dark Seer is hilarious if you can bait the enemy team into the Roshan area
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #1104
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,200 Posts
    Wooo 360 spectators were watching me fail hard as Chen! But we managed to win, was carried hard by pro people.

!!!

Also, bonus: Spectators ragging on Nelth lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    No Dagon, no go.

26. Post #1106
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    Pubstomping as axe is fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,532 Posts
    I love Axe.
    His model is just so pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    Just don't build omni semi-carry/carry if you're doing bad. Just had an omni throwing the game for us by getting orb of venom daed and sny. Farmed while we were pushing and only ulted himself. Tried to solo kill when he was negative on deaths and 2 level disadvantage. Russians love to throw.
    I always play pure support as omni. Basilius, Arcane Boots, then either vlad's or mekansm. I have 24 - 14 as omni so I wouldn't say I'm doing bad. Sven, on the other hand... eugh.

Earthshaker

always play earthshaker

he's #1
    Duly noted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,522 Posts

!!!

Also, bonus: Spectators ragging on Nelth lol
    For the record, craNich and lacek are members of SGC, whom partook in the International.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    April 2009
    8,422 Posts
    How did you get matched with them?

Edited:

279 wins makes sense. Disregard question.

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,904 Posts
    For the record, craNich and lacek are members of SGC, whom partook in the International.
    sure it's not just people using their names?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    Why do people love tri-laning radiant's bottom lane and managing to lose it?

33. Post #1113
    April 2009
    8,422 Posts
    sure it's not just people using their names?
    Nah, I watched replay and the profiles have levels and 700 wins. It seems close enough.

34. Post #1114
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Is Valve distributing beta keys to good players only? I've never played any moba games before but dota 2 looks really good. For some reason having noob stats won me a csgo key, hoping it will work for dota as well.
    They already said in the beginning they're inviting a variety of skill levels to have a diverse playerbase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,569 Posts
    Why do people love tri-laning radiant's bottom lane and managing to lose it?
    I find this funny because the first time I ever played WC3 Dota, I joined a CM game without having any idea what CM was and got stuck on Rylai with a bitchy, non-native english speaking N'aix and another support hero in the bot lane. We lost horribly because he kept tower diving, then bitching at me for not being a magical goddess that could save him from all of his stupid mistakes, then left.

36. Post #1116
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,589 Posts
    Any tips for countering Huskar? He always rapes my shit in middle lane.

37. Post #1117
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,115 Posts
    Necrolyte.

38. Post #1118
    April 2009
    8,422 Posts
    Ancient apparition.

Edited:

Whats the DC thresh hold where the game wont count as a loss? I thought it was 15 but someone on my team dc'd and we still got a loss after the rest of the team dc'd

39. Post #1119
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    viper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #1120
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,619 Posts
    some guy said riki was good and i told him riki was cheap

lmao he said 'how'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)