1. Post #2961
    June 2011
    6,513 Posts
    ok im starting to play dota
    i play league of legends

what do i need to know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #2962
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    nothing, dota is just like lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2963
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Leshrac.

So much gold if you just pop his ult for a second then turn it off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2964
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,944 Posts
    Leshrac.
    I see your Leshrac and raise you an Earthshaker in teamfight scenario with broodlings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

5. Post #2965
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts

You are not reading that wrong.

I was involved in EVERY SINGLE KILL, INCLUDING 3 TO CREEPS/TOWERS.

FUCK.

EVERYTHING.

Worst part was our fucking Clinkz. He locked last after someone pointed out we were too squishy, called mid, and then blamed me for "feeding" when i was 2-4-3 and he was 0-1-0.

And never fucking called miss on tinker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #2966
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Leshrac.
    sand king

Edited:

I see your Leshrac and raise you an Earthshaker in teamfight scenario with broodlings.
    tbh if brood is bringing hundreds of spiders into a teamfight against earthshaker something has gone really wrong in his head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #2967
    December 2009
    1,411 Posts
    New blog post

http://blog.dota2.com/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2968
    April 2011
    471 Posts
    i got excited for a second :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2969
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    "new" as in "almost 2 days old" ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2970
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Hmm, if this game ran a little better I would play the shit out of it. As of now, I hover between 6-13 FPS with max low settings.

Oh well. Also last-hitting is a bitch. Last-hitting in LoL is like having a bath in ambrosia compared to this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #2971
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,938 Posts
    Phantom Lancer looks like a guy from Avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #2972
    moo
    November 2006
    4,788 Posts
    Meepo confirmed next hero!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2973
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,593 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2974
    July 2010
    3,754 Posts
    So, i suck at lol, how is this game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

15. Post #2975
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,593 Posts
    If you suck at LoL then you're not going to do very well in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2976
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    nothing, dota is just like lol
    Dota did rip off of LoL after all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #2977
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,938 Posts
    Dota did rip off of LoL after all
    oh boy here we go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

18. Post #2978
    oh boy here we go
    you must be severely autistic if you didnt realize that was a joke.

19. Post #2979
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,694 Posts
    much easier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2980
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    Is invoker supposed to go mid?
    I've been doing that for the past few days and it's gone pretty well, but I don't know what would happen if I went in other lanes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2981
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,678 Posts
    I've been doing that for the past few days and it's gone pretty well, but I don't know what would happen if I went in other lanes.
    Very level dependant, so should always solo lane. Generally mid, because everyone solos mid these days.

22. Post #2982
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    yes

23. Post #2983
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Meepo confirmed next hero!
    I want Meepo so damn bad, he sounds so fun to play.

Also, I was just thinking that it could be possible that they release Chaos Knight and Phantom Lancer in the same patch, because I thought it would be a good themed update for them since they can both make illusions of themselves. Anyone agree?

24. Post #2984
    June 2011
    1,212 Posts
    man, invoker with desolator looks amazing (yes it was a practice game, not a normal one)

25. Post #2985

September 2011
    131 Posts
    So I've played about 50ish bot games now. I am too scared to play a real game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2986
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I went 4/0 just recently in 5 minutes when I sidelaned with him against WR and Bara. But if you can handle mid go for it.

27. Post #2987
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,944 Posts
    I want Meepo so damn bad, he sounds so fun to play.

Also, I was just thinking that it could be possible that they release Chaos Knight and Phantom Lancer in the same patch, because I thought it would be a good themed update for them since they can both make illusions of themselves. Anyone agree?

Meepo fun ?

1 of your clones dies, all die. Sure, you can kite people going after weaker Meepoes, but imagine teamfight scenario with at least 1 AoE initiator (think Sand King, Tide, Shaker, Enigma). Hell, imagine Pudge pulling 1 Meepo you were not microing at the moment into his team, pretty much forcing you to either all in with Poof! or die.

He is great for any scenario, other than teamfight / bigger skirmish. I was once scared to play Chen because I thought that many units are a bit too much in such intense game as Dota. I see Meepo as Chen, except that I can't even let my other units die.

Edited:

man, invoker with desolator looks amazing (yes it was a practice game, not a normal one)
    I don't see Voker with Deso as being bad. Sure, there are better items, but give yourself Alacrity and 3x Exort and it's quite effective. Not to mention you can stack that ontop of your little -armor golems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

28. Post #2988
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Meepo fun ?

1 of your clones dies, all die. Sure, you can kite people going after weaker Meepoes, but imagine teamfight scenario with at least 1 AoE initiator (think Sand King, Tide, Shaker, Enigma). Hell, imagine Pudge pulling 1 Meepo you were not microing at the moment into his team, pretty much forcing you to either all in with Poof! or die.

He is great for any scenario, other than teamfight / bigger skirmish. I was once scared to play Chen because I thought that many units are a bit too much in such intense game as Dota. I see Meepo as Chen, except that I can't even let my other units die.
    hes still fun. the solution is if you cant keep track of everyone and everything on the map dont play meepo

29. Post #2989
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    Meepo is so fun to play, but against any nuker you will suffer real fucking bad. AOE damage can be dealed with if you know how to micro your injured meepos away but when you get 1 meepo bursted from full to dead is no fun.

Hes also the best anti-blink/invis heroes in the game, with 4 meepos you can literally pin down a hero in the ground forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

30. Post #2990
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,605 Posts
    Holy shit we're back
    Again.

31. Post #2991
    October 2009
    12,674 Posts
    Morphling is so fun in pub games "Hey guys I stunned him kill him!" *I hit Morph to strength and escape a gank from 3 people.*

32. Post #2992
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,605 Posts
    Earthshaker is fun as hell when the enemy team has an Enchantress and they always stay within arms length of each other.

Until Void stays a mile away from team-fights to farm up Battlefury as his last item, and Dark Seer doesn't use his ult at all until 30 minutes in, never uses Blademail or Pipe, and runs in after the rest of the team has died.

33. Post #2993
    moo
    November 2006
    4,788 Posts
    How many more heroes are often picked up in competitive play but aren't in Dota2 yet? I'm guessing those will all be in before the next International.

34. Post #2994
    December 2009
    2,518 Posts
    Well, I've finally conquered my fears and played DOTA online with some friends.
    Won 2 out of 2 games.

For a little bit at least, I will have a 100% win ratio. I've got that going for me at least.

35. Post #2995
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    tried jungle lycan for the first time in a real match

always get absolute morons every game, better yet you always get a qop and pudge who shit talk the person carrying saying he's bad

36. Post #2996
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Woah your UI is stretched.

Oh 1080.

37. Post #2997
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,192 Posts
    Come to think of it every Pudge I've played with seems to be a mean Eastern-European-sounding person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2998
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,707 Posts
    Cuz of power outage, got my first abandon after 200 games. What happens now? A day in low priority?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #2999
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,605 Posts
    Cuz of power outage, got my first abandon after 200 games. What happens now? A day in low priority?
    Only if it happens about 19 more times, probably.

It takes way more than 1 abandon to get in low priority.

Edited:

Like, enough so that unless you have really shitty internet or your town has power outages a lot, or your relatives keep breaking their hips or something, it has to be deliberate when you leave a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3000
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,576 Posts
    When I play Lich, I constantly feel like I'm carrying my team.

Is this bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)