1. Post #1
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    Hello everyone!

I'm glad to present you a program I made, it's called "Garry's Mod Manager".
    First released 2010 (only in German) there were many Versions of this program.
    But now there is finally a english one, which I want to show you here.

First of all, a Screenshot:

BUT, what is this for?

Like its name, this program is made to install addons, update them, manage and more.
    You can also install maps, dupefiles, gamemodes and got it? Manage them :P.

It replaces Tortoise SVN, a own SVN-Client is fully integrated.

I made a Tutorial, but its not the best, because i'm german and my english sucks :):

But i hope it can help you to understand how to use it.
    (May someone could help me making a better english one?)

The Program can be directly downloaded here: http://lansoftware.org/Garrys%20Mod%...er%20Setup.exe
    (.NET Framework 4 is required and will be automatically installed.)

Greetz and have fun!

1mannlan

If you want to join it's Steam-Group, go there: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GmodManager
    Want more? Visit my Website: http://www.lansoftware.org (but there's not much content yet :P)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 21Useful Useful x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    -snip-
    Looks good.
    Already thought this would be something bad, but actually pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Half-Life: Aftermath
    August 2010
    493 Posts
    I..I love you....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Blue Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    1,031 Posts
    Looks very professional, well done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,862 Posts
    I think this is the first Addon manager that actually looks user friendly. However, people are going to bitch and moan about not having the source code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

January 2012
    57 Posts
    ...Makes me remember about Go-Mod...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    If someone really wants the Source code, he can ask me, or beeing a smartass and get it otherwise.
    But however, as long as i get credit for it, there won't be a problem for giving parts of it away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    Hot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    ABS
    August 2010
    121 Posts
    Useful tools arranged in a well organized UI. All I have to say is good job.

Actually, I have some design suggestions if you're interested and I could make icons for you, etc.
    So yeah I'd be glad to help but I understand if you don't want me to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    If you want just contact me via pm or email (in program).

11. Post #11

March 2012
    50 Posts
    I believe GMod13 makes most of those features redundant... If I ever stop playing the beta and fall back to GMod12, I will make sure to come here again though.

12. Post #12
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    I recently get some addons reported as broken, which isn't correct.
    Due a bug in the Svn Downloader it sometimes doesn't handles right, if a addon with the same name is already installed (While trying to install a NEW addon).
    If you get an error while downloading, please check first, if the addon is maybe already installed (as on svn addon or smth).

13. Post #13
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    The bug above should be fixed now, if a addon is un-downloadable, you will see an error message which describes the reason.
    Changelog:
    http://lansoftware.org/Garrys%20Mod%...angelogmgr.txt

14. Post #14

August 2009
    15 Posts
    It works, it's easy to use and it looks good. Also your english is way better than my german so the tutorial is easy to follow.

15. Post #15
    ABS
    August 2010
    121 Posts
    Thanks for implementing E2. Now it looks even better with that gradient background :)

16. Post #16
    May 2008
    822 Posts
    Workshop probably won't suit the exact needs of people. Indeed, I don't see an awful lot of gamemodes getting on there, much less content packs for servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    I just released a new Version (8.3), see changes here: http://lansoftware.org/products/garr.../changelogmgr/

I think this will be the last update before Gmod 13 arrives, then i know everything will break.

But i hope it's not the end of Garry's Mod Manager, some Addons still will need SVN because Workshop is no Option for them.

So at this point implementing Workshop would be the next logical step, but as i looked around, there is no offical api which would make this possible.
    Maybe anyone used the opensteamworks api and could help me using it (if it works) for steam workshop implementation??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2011
    396 Posts
    This is just awesome work. I could only dream of making something like this. I don't care how good your English is, I'll watch the tutorial. I might even make a better one myself.

Amazing work.

19. Post #19
    July 2012
    3 Posts
    I. Love. You.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    Dude. Yes. Thank you so much.

21. Post #21
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,270 Posts
    This right here deserves a honorable mention from garry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Found a couple of issues.

I should be capitalized.
    Spelling mistake with install.

Even though I was updated to 8.3, it asked me to update each time I launch the program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    Found a couple of issues.

I should be capitalized.
    Spelling mistake with install.

Even though I was updated to 8.3, it asked me to update each time I launch the program.
    Thx, will fix this with (9.0 ?) which will come with workshop support.
    If you have issues with update pls contact me directly via steam.

24. Post #24
    October 2008
    1,447 Posts
    That's fun, reminds me of Nexus mod manager.

25. Post #25
    March 2010
    12 Posts
    That's fun, reminds me of Nexus mod manager.
    In which case?

26. Post #26
    Just another VPS Pollutant of the Web Dev Forum
    July 2010
    240 Posts
    You sir are a fucking winner.

My hat tips to you.