1. Post #3041
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    Well, that's what the Sanctuary is there for.

A lot of the people that hang around spawn and kill the new players don't realize that by doing that, they're contributing to the death of the server. If someone logs in, gets killed, respawns, starves, respawns and gets killed again, they're not going to want to keep playing long enough to explore the ruins or try to survive in the grief-infested wasteland, because they can't survive the spawn long enough to look around and set up a base. That really discourages them from playing the game, and with the frequent players being at such a low count now, that's really not a good thing. So we're trying to at least give new players or players who were griefed and killed a chance to experience the server by offering food, shelter, and some basic supplies. If they go out and get griefed, then that's their problem, but getting griefed just for logging in to the server isn't a good way to draw in a fanbase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3042
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,855 Posts
    You act like it's never been that way. People always murdered everyone at the spawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3043
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    You act like it's never been that way. People always murdered everyone at the spawn.
    I know. And I've had three different friends that have tried to play but stopped because they couldn't get out of spawn after an hour because people kept killing them repeatedly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #3044
    August 2011
    128 Posts
    smokeyjonez and i are on our way back to spawn again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3045
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,822 Posts
    If spawn wasn't so odd to get out of, and diamond guys weren't killing new guys. We could see growth in the server.

We need to advertise the server EVERYWHERE possible, even place we don't like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #3046
    April 2012
    106 Posts
    If spawn wasn't so odd to get out of, and diamond guys weren't killing new guys. We could see growth in the server.

We need to advertise the server EVERYWHERE possible, even place we don't like.
    Well then, I'm off to to reddit, wish me luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3047
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,822 Posts
    Well then, I'm off to to reddit, wish me luck.
    I already hit up /b/ and /v/.
    Seems that we got a little more traffic then usual tonight.

8. Post #3048
    November 2009
    3,892 Posts
    It seems an enderman managed his way into an area which I am going to make a farm. I hope I don't come back to my base being entirely griefed by him...

9. Post #3049
    February 2010
    2,204 Posts
    Well, that's what the Sanctuary is there for.

A lot of the people that hang around spawn and kill the new players don't realize that by doing that, they're contributing to the death of the server. If someone logs in, gets killed, respawns, starves, respawns and gets killed again, they're not going to want to keep playing long enough to explore the ruins or try to survive in the grief-infested wasteland, because they can't survive the spawn long enough to look around and set up a base. That really discourages them from playing the game, and with the frequent players being at such a low count now, that's really not a good thing. So we're trying to at least give new players or players who were griefed and killed a chance to experience the server by offering food, shelter, and some basic supplies. If they go out and get griefed, then that's their problem, but getting griefed just for logging in to the server isn't a good way to draw in a fanbase.
    And Miyuzaki doing things like that at spawn, trapping new players and what not, just stops new people from joining the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #3050

September 2011
    213 Posts
    So what if people are hanging around spawn killing people,it's always been like that,and spawn is constantly being changed,Stop moaning.There's a difference between getting people to join the server and changing fundamental parts of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #3051
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    So what if people are hanging around spawn killing people,it's always been like that,and spawn is constantly being changed,Stop moaning.There's a difference between getting people to join the server and changing fundamental parts of it.
    As I said, that's not how you get new players. There's about twenty people on at all times. When I first played, there were sixty. The server is losing players, and discouraging new players from playing isn't good for the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #3052

September 2011
    213 Posts
    As I said, that's not how you get new players. There's about twenty people on at all times. When I first played, there were sixty. The server is losing players, and discouraging new players from playing isn't good for the server.
    The server's population has always been fluctuating.There will probably be an influx in players when 1.3 is out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

13. Post #3053
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    no. the spawn deteroriates on a daily basis. it's not just a kind of difficult place to navigate anymore, it has become impossible to escape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #3054

September 2011
    213 Posts
    no. the spawn deteroriates on a daily basis. it's not just a kind of difficult place to navigate anymore, it has become impossible to escape
    It is easy to escape, and it has been worse than that before,and most people believe that spawn should be a test,and if you can't escape you don't deserve to play on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3055
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    It is easy to escape, and it has been worse than that before,and most people believe that spawn should be a test,and if you can't escape you don't deserve to play on the server.
    Once again, treating new players like this isn't a good way to get them to keep playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #3056

September 2011
    213 Posts
    Once again, treating new players like this isn't a good way to get them to keep playing.
    I don't think you understand.This is 2b2t.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #3057
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    I don't think you understand.This is 2b2t.
    I don't think you understand. There won't be a 2b2t if the number of players that play keeps declining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #3058

September 2011
    213 Posts
    I don't think you understand. There won't be a 2b2t if the number of players that play keeps declining.
    What I'm trying to say is people should stop complaining about spawn etc, it may be a factor of the player count but you have to take into consideration other things,e.g. school,timezones and updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #3059
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,016 Posts
    What I'm trying to say is people have to stop complaining about spawn etc, it may be a factor of the player count but you have to take into consideration other things,e.g. school,timezones and updates.
    I understand that, and the playercount at basically all times is 10-30. I'm just trying to say that people wandering around spawn and just killing new players for no reason is discouraging these players from sticking to it. There was one player the other day that logged in, and was repeatedly killed because he was using the default skin, and as far as I know, he hasn't been back on.

I've been playing on this server off and on for a year. I understand that some things are just part of 2b2t, as I've been griefed countless times and have seen what all happens. But I'm not blinded by "Well, that's just 2b2t" to see that there are some things players are doing that are forcing new players away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #3060
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    The donation counter on 2b2t.net isn't updating. I donated $30 two days ago and it still says $15.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #3061
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    6,791 Posts
    The donation counter on 2b2t.net isn't updating. I donated $30 two days ago and it still says $15.
    Looks like House finally heeded my advice and took the donated money and ran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #3062
    January 2009
    171 Posts
    NO it hasn't.

I escaped their last night even with Redcrew being at spawn in diamond gear killing people. I got out on maybe the 4th try in a matter of maybe 6 mins. Even after running from it out of radar range I got 1500 blocks out of spawn. And thats after being burnt from lava.

Also even if 2b2t does ever close down, who cares. I had fun so far and isn't that the whole point?

not to mention a void wouild be left in 2b2t's wake, someone else will come along and start up a new *REAL* anarchy server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #3063
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    NO it hasn't.

I escaped their last night even with Redcrew being at spawn in diamond gear killing people. I got out on maybe the 4th try in a matter of maybe 6 mins. Even after running from it out of radar range I got 1500 blocks out of spawn. And thats after being burnt from lava.

Also even if 2b2t does ever close down, who cares. I had fun so far and isn't that the whole point?

not to mention a void wouild be left in 2b2t's wake, someone else will come along and start up a new *REAL* anarchy server.
    2b2t was a real anarchy server and no other server will ever replace that feeling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3064
    February 2010
    5,351 Posts
    2b2t was a real anarchy server and no other server will ever replace that feeling.
    Actually, it wouldnt be hard to replace that feeling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #3065

April 2012
    88 Posts
    Actually, it wouldnt be hard to replace that feeling
    Nobody could replace the map. There is so much history on it. Also, for all the shit we give hause, He is probably the best minecraft host I have ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3066
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,822 Posts
    It's not an if, but a when the day comes. Someone's going to have to make a replacement for 2b2t after it's gone. Maintain Vanilla hardcore survival, added greentext plugin, /guide plugin, and we'll have to start with a brand new map. Perhaps have a few core players join and help make spawn what it used to be.

Theory is when a new player joins they expect seeing a beautiful city with signs giving instruction of what the server is, who owns it, etc.
    However on 2b2t you're thrown into a giant pit with no further instruction and no food. Added the fact that old players are in spawn killing new players; i'm sure they wouldn't stick around very long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #3067
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    6,791 Posts
    It's not an if, but a when the day comes. Someone's going to have to make a replacement for 2b2t after it's gone. Maintain Vanilla hardcore survival, added greentext plugin, /guide plugin, and we'll have to start with a brand new map. Perhaps have a few core players join with creative mode and make the spawn as it used to be.

Theory is when a new player joins they expect seeing a beautiful city with signs giving instruction of what the server is, who owns it, etc.
    However on 2b2t you're thrown into a giant pit with no further instruction and no food. Added the fact that old players are in spawn killing new players; i'm sure they wouldn't stick around very long.
    What the fuck, no. The beauty of 2b2t is that it happens naturally, over time and aging like fine wine you newfag.

Edit: Also you can't replicate 2b2t's corrupted as hell map, especially how it is near spawn with the frozen oceans and vast ruins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

28. Post #3068
    April 2012
    64 Posts
    Perhaps have a few core players join and help make spawn what it used to be.
    Yes bc if it's one thing 2b2t's members are known for, it's cooperation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #3069
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    One of the things that sets 2b2t apart from all the shitty anarchy servers is all the history it has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #3070
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,688 Posts
    Its at $85/$85 now. I donated $25 the other day.

31. Post #3071
    Gold Member

August 2010
    153 Posts
    Couldn't Hause just release the map or give it to the new owner. So there would be the same history and everything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

32. Post #3072
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,290 Posts
    Couldn't Hause just release the map or give it to the new owner. So there would be the same history and everything?
    Isn't the map file like 220gb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #3073

September 2008
    302 Posts
    Uh, why should I do this?

wait, who's the new owner. what's going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #3074
    Thunderstorm Enthusiast
    February 2009
    634 Posts
    Uh, why should I do this?

wait, who's the new owner. what's going on
    I think people are just discussing what could happen if 2b2t ever went down forever or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #3075
    November 2009
    3,892 Posts

Ah, 2b2t.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

36. Post #3076

September 2008
    302 Posts
    I think people are just discussing what could happen if 2b2t ever went down forever or something
    If it ever goes down I'm putting the world up on Ebay or something or just sell the entire server computer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #3077
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    People are theorizing that if the Great Wall of Autism stays up no new players will join and the lack of activity and donations will kill the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #3078
    March 2009
    2,617 Posts
    Sweet, I'm on a website!
    http://2b2t.tk/fags/paindoc.txt
    Oh, wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #3079
    July 2012
    6 Posts
    I was actually glad to see that the spawn in 2b2t was much different from the norm.

40. Post #3080
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    I'm relatively close to spawn again so if any fpers need shit pm me and I'll hook you up as best I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)