1. Post #1441
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts
    Apparantly when I join this server my game goes down to 5ish fps, which is too bad because it sounds fucking awesome.

Edited:

Nevermind, apparantly wathever company makes java is filled of retarded monkeys who installed me some 32-bit instead of 64-bit...

Edited:

Why the dumbs? It literally didn't ask me anything it just downloaded Java 32-bit and even when I tried to "verify" it on their website it said it was a-ok, if it wasn't for minecraft telling me 32-bit java doesn't work well with it, I never would have figured this out and it is the monkeys at Javas fault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

2. Post #1442
    April 2012
    12 Posts
    Well, I finished up the first grinder for the double blaze spawner I found. It's Etho's design, and it works really well. The XP I have in the screenshots is from about 15 minutes of use.

Some multiplayer glitch causes blazes to appear outside of the spawning chamber, but it still works fine.

Here's the link to the tutorial video, if anyone's interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1443
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    I need some advice for venturing out i keep starving to death
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #1444
    August 2009
    175 Posts
    Find nether portal
    go into nether
    pick up mushrooms
    go out far and find another portal
    exit portal
    cut down tree
    make mushroom soup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1445
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    spawn is currently under lava - I assume this is probably tradition tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1446

April 2012
    56 Posts
    walk out until first tree, usually within 2k (certainly in the +/+ direction)

Either:
    - Kill spider(s) build fishing rod -> catch fish (spider eye's can be eaten as well, gives poison though)
    - Kill zombies, eat rotten flesh
    - Kill skeletons, use bonemeal on grass (edit: grass block) -> cut grass to find wheat
    - go roughly in a circle around spawn (500/100 blocks) many have starter up stuff like wheat in this range (watch out for people in diamond gear, better keep distance)

Repeat until you have enough wheat -> build small hidden farm. If still lack of bucket, let water flow in from above lake / ocean / river into a small hidden dug in place. Remember, it keeps flowing as long as it goes down each 6 blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

7. Post #1447
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    Yep spawn is broken at the moment wish people would just fix it instead of being like f u noobs

Edited:

Anyone fancy teaming up at some point to make a base, and use TS to chat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1448
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    I managed to get out when nobody was looking, but I starved to death lost in the nether and I got caught in spawn again :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1449
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    I went to 2k2k yesterday, probably should've read the thread. Needless to say, I'm huddled in a hillside nearby, but I don't think anyone will try to raid this place again.

mother of god the lava flows
    Are you seriously considering trying to fix 2k2k because people stop by from time to time to make sure that's not going to happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1450
    pod
    Makes love to trumpets.
    August 2008
    2,560 Posts
    Anyone wanna help me build a city that floats? Because I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #1451
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    I got out again, got to about x:-2100 Y:350 or something before starving again. at least I managed to see trees, I guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #1452
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,488 Posts
    I asked someone for food and they gave me 4 pieces of bread. If it weren't for him, I would still be at spawn trying to leave.

I now have a full stack of each mushroom for stew, bread and some porkchops/steak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #1453
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    This is so difficult found 100's of brown mushrooms then starved as had no red or bowl and got lost in nether i just want to find a bed outside the spawn can anyone help me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1454
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    welp im trapped on an island in the middle of fuck all, some boats would be nice about now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1455
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    I was finally lucky enough to find an abandoned crafting table, a few trees and a row of wheat. Currently carving into the side of a hill somewhere

E:
    apparrently at about 950 from spawn. I think I might have to move on soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #1456
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Bro Tip: I always have a little stash under my "Scar wuz here" signs, so if you see one, just dig in front of it, you'll find something.
    Unless someone raided it earlier, in which case the whole thing was in vain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #1457
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    maybe you should leave lava under your signs instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

18. Post #1458
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Maybe I did?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

19. Post #1459

April 2012
    39 Posts
    maybe you should leave lava under your signs instead
    Or a BUD switch connected to the sign block which is wired to underground TNT.

Break rules and remove sign? Boom.

I actually have no idea if that would work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1460
    April 2012
    106 Posts
    Blaze grinder completed.
    Operating at 90%
    Too lazy to post pics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

21. Post #1461
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Bro Tip: I always have a little stash under my "Scar wuz here" signs, so if you see one, just dig in front of it, you'll find something.
    Unless someone raided it earlier, in which case the whole thing was in vain
    I saw those, but I left them there, as I was already wealthy enough.

I might make some bread stashes for people a little while from now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #1462
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    Or a BUD switch connected to the sign block which is wired to underground TNT.

Break rules and remove sign? Boom.

I actually have no idea if that would work.
    Don't believe you can put signs on pistons, and having it any other way would make it obvious that a BUD trap was present.

Also, shame I can't seem to find a "mute player" mod, sure I could just hit F1 but it makes it somewhat annoying not seeing what tool I'm holding and I'd just rather be able to stop seeing spam about " is the best" fill the screen. test
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1463
    yeah the spam is pretty bad :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #1464
    Don't believe you can put signs on pistons, and having it any other way would make it obvious that a BUD trap was present.

Also, shame I can't seem to find a "mute player" mod, sure I could just hit F1 but it makes it somewhat annoying not seeing what tool I'm holding and I'd just rather be able to stop seeing spam about " is the best" fill the screen.
    only reason I have nodus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #1465
    December 2009
    117 Posts
    First day playing, and did a 15K haul. Made a couple of FP hidey holes.
    Oh I almost forgot about those chests, seeing as you don't have any diamonds in your inventory you didn't find the hidden chest with some diamonds, it wasn't a lot but they were free. I'm surprised its not destroyed it's not that far out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #1466
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    A huge thanks to microbits for venturing to the old city of Putzburg and retrieving these images.
    http://imgur.com/a/tYDvr#0

Such fond memories of that place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #1467
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    I think we should get a small group together to make a under ground fortress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #1468
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,657 Posts
    Are there still some bases up and running?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #1469
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    probably going to make the move to around 5k today, I spent some time this morning setting up a few bolt-holes in case my move is compromised, but frankly it's pretty quiet around here. Also made it to 2k2k, pretty cool ruins and I managed to find a bit of wheat but I didn't stick around long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1470

August 2007
    514 Posts
    probably going to make the move to around 5k today, I spent some time this morning setting up a few bolt-holes in case my move is compromised, but frankly it's pretty quiet around here. Also made it to 2k2k, pretty cool ruins and I managed to find a bit of wheat but I didn't stick around long
    -/- quadrant barely has anyone living in there, so it's a good place to start. Honestly though, I've never just been killed while walking.

Also, if with a small group, I think settling down somewhere together would be a good idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #1471
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    I'm planning on eventually making it past 75-100k where I'll be *relatively* safe, but it'll be slow since I fundamentally distrust nether travel. Once I've got a private haven for myself I'll probably be up for joining up with groups

32. Post #1472
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,305 Posts
    i'm staying within 5k for the foreseeable future
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #1473
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,610 Posts
    Nether travel is easy, if you have enough food/pickaxes. At least for the first 3000k as there are many bridges and ways to travel already made by others.

Edited:

i'm staying within 5k for the foreseeable future
    you WILL get raided. 5k is hardly safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Panama Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1474
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    hopefully I'll be able to do about 5-6k a day walking, I plan on leaving a string of bases behind me with a few supplies left in them to give people head-starts. There's currently a base of mine with seeds, a small, functioning farm and some trees at:
    X:-1100
    Z: -435

The base proper is hidden in the cliff face, there's also a melon plantation about 200 blocks away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #1475
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    I've beedn at 8k above ground for a month, no raid yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #1476

April 2012
    39 Posts
    I'm planning on eventually making it past 75-100k where I'll be *relatively* safe, but it'll be slow since I fundamentally distrust nether travel. Once I've got a private haven for myself I'll probably be up for joining up with groups
    Are you saying you're bad at travelling in the nether and are likely to die and lose everything or something else?

I don't understand how you can distrust simply moving about in a different dimension. Normally I would provide an analogy here to illustrate my confusion at your choice of words, but since Earth doesn't have any comparable dimensions, I guess I cannot.

But it really isn't difficult to navigate the nether; there are an abundance of tunnels if you despise those 1 block bridges. Check the y18- and y120+ regions and you're sure to find something, especially along the major axes. Personally I explored out to a meager 8.5k in the nether (65k over world) last night and documented around 10 distinct nether portals, various ruins and bases and sign boards, then visited Zion (which is still completely intact and non-griefed) all within about 90 minutes and one stack of melon.

Believe in yourself; it can be done!

37. Post #1477
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    I know it can be done and all but it's just so dreary, that's pretty much my only prejudice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1478

September 2011
    213 Posts
    The base proper is hidden in the cliff face, there's also a melon plantation about 200 blocks away
    That was hardly a base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1479
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    yeah I probably did overstate it a bit.

40. Post #1480

April 2012
    39 Posts
    I know it can be done and all but it's just so dreary, that's pretty much my only prejudice
    It's true, travel via nether is really only for moving as fast as possible outwards, without regard to interesting sights or creations, since 99.99999% of everything interesting is built in the over world.

To each his own and good luck in your travels. Take lots of screenshots! :)