1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Why don't we just alter the items and make them fitting to TF2's artstyle? The Sun-on-a-Stick could easily be a fire mace.
    Is a fire mace more compatible with the original style?

Meh. I seem to be in the minority and I really don't feel like arguing. If anyone is interested in my views on the subject, here's a rant I wrote about it. If you're not interested, feel free to not read it.

The Deus Ex items fit the art style but not the theme. Larolaro did a pretty good job getting such misplaced items to work with the TF2 style.
    I'd say no. Art style is about more than just level of detail, palette and brushstrokes. It's also about design, materials, components aaaand a bunch of other stuff. Whatever. Good night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #322

April 2010
    3,458 Posts
    Does anyone have an engineer pda concept that they would let me model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #323
    December 2010
    787 Posts
    What I mean is, why would you want to put minecraft stuff in your TF2? I can see why people like the minecraft style, and I personally very much like the TF2 style, but I can't see how anyone would find it aesthetically appealing to cram those two together.
    Oh hey. Someone has a different opinion than you.
    items don't have to fit the style to get approved, but that's beside the point.
    Mods don't need to be approved.

4. Post #324
    January 2010
    3,150 Posts
    Does anyone have an engineer pda concept that they would let me model
    Sure, let me draw something up tonight and I'll have a concept up in the morning (along with other engineer item concepts too if you want)

5. Post #325
    October 2009
    9,158 Posts
    Quite a few in-game items prove that items don't have to fit the style to get approved, but that's beside the point. What I mean is, why would you want to put minecraft stuff in your TF2? I can see why people like the minecraft style, and I personally very much like the TF2 style, but I can't see how anyone would find it aesthetically appealing to cram those two together.

And the rift items and a bunch of other promos and the Grordbort weapons and a healthy chunk of the normal hats as well. I know, and it's tragic.
    wat
    The Grordbort weapons fit amazingly
    They're retro sci-fi
    Hell, that style of sci-fi is from around the same time period.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    I wish I knew someone wish a pretty sick carrot fetish.
    May 2011
    850 Posts

it's almost
    adventure time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

7. Post #327
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,082 Posts
    Who cares? Mods are mods, they don't have to be the same style if it's a mod.
    Now it's MY turn to say more people need this attitude~

Now, that's not to say people putting cocks on everything would be acceptable, but if someone wants to make something, then why not? Let them do their thing. Besides, I rather like the Minecraft stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    May 2011
    5,171 Posts

it's almost
    adventure time
    Judging by those proportions it looks more like Slendventure Time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,953 Posts
    The Reflective Perspective

Click to vote!

Release tomorrow - tell me what you want replaced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 21Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    May 2011
    850 Posts
    If only I didn't have to stretch him horribly out of proportion in order for it to fit animations :l
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

11. Post #331
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,495 Posts

it's almost
    adventure time
    CommanderVideo, is that you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #332
    May 2011
    567 Posts

Click to vote!

Summer Shades. Perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,796 Posts
    The Reflective Perspective Click to vote! Release tomorrow - tell me what you want replaced.
    Why do people only compile for one item? Do every glasses item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #334
    August 2011
    1,591 Posts
    Why do people only compile for one item? Do every glasses item.
    Because its more work.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,796 Posts
    Because its more work.
    Psh, hatzilla, and then for newer items you just need to change the qc a few times. I've done it every time I released something, and I'm lazy as shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,747 Posts
    CommanderVideo, is that you?
    haha that's totally what I saw too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #337
    May 2011
    850 Posts
    Psh, hatzilla, and then for newer items you just need to change the qc a few times. I've done it every time I released something, and I'm lazy as shit.
    CSn| Widdle~: geez is it so hard to compile something for different models
    CSn| Widdle~: it's ONE LINE in the qc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #338
    August 2011
    1,059 Posts
    A silly head replacement idea I had.

It's a hat rack, for all of your fancy hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #339

November 2011
    54 Posts

Click to vote!

Deus Specs? They're both goggles, or goggle like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,052 Posts
    It'd be even faster to edit the txt files that come with it, probably maybe, I need to update it asfdssdf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    March 2008
    795 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,316 Posts
    Jesus Christ that's creepy.

23. Post #343
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts

Make a hat rack hat too

24. Post #344
    March 2008
    795 Posts
    -hatrack-
    I would suggest doing something more interesting than balls and cylinders. Perhaps making it look more along the lines of this:

you don't have to do the curves, as I fear that would have major clipping issues, but maybe make the middle wood part more detailed and have nicer looking "arms."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    10,058 Posts
    Dammit bang, they finished the goggles already!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

26. Post #346
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    hey guys I have finally come up with a few medic concepts.

Since Robin has confirmed that the medic was at no point a nazi, I assumed he was a resistant.

Which is why I came up with a medic pack that includes a primary, secondary, hat and misc.

primary - medigewehr
    secondary - bloodslüger
    misc - undercover ubermensch
    hat - the radical resistant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts

Since Robin has confirmed that the medic was at no point a nazi, I assumed he was a resistant.

Which is why I came up with a medic pack that includes a primary, secondary, hat and misc.

primary - medigewehr
    secondary - bloodslüger
    Now that we have the names, let's get around to the items they'll be attached to, shall we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Now that we have the names, let's get around to the items they'll be attached to, shall we?
    be patient my dear. I have yet to come back from school and scan it.

I'm still questionning whether or not the medigun should have a backpack.

Meanwhile, can you guess what the weapons are going to be, judging from the names?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    566 Posts
    ok, so the ricochest will be released for mod in the next few mins.. it now animates properly and follows where it should, my solution:
    leave forearm and upperarm bones and take bip_spine2, make a whole new bone entirely (for naming i called it ricochest) right where the chest piece is meant to go.

paren't this new bone to the spine bone, make the chest pieces primary bone the newly created bone.

bam, now it wont morph, in the end it actually follows the spine as the new bone is not part of the demomans bones structure therefore just being a placeholding bone for riggins sake.

but yeah, success! i can release it =D

WARNING: this comes with the original april fools texture and meshing, i will release it in a better state once i have finished some extra needed little details and quin has the time to texture it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #350
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Would someone be so kind as to hex Link's Hat by [VADN] Sputnik for the Troublemaker's Tossle Cap? I tried myself but I just ended up crashing any time I tried to view it in game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,037 Posts
    Would someone be so kind as to hex Link's Hat by [VADN] Sputnik for the Troublemaker's Tossle Cap? I tried myself but I just ended up crashing any time I tried to view it in game.
    Here try this
    http://www.mediafire.com/?p14e76gfq9bpa45
    I also have it hexed for the baker boy
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zltixcrzknhl3cj
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #352
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    It works, but the icon replaces the Superfan. Nothing I can't fix myself though, just thought I'd let anyone who also wanted to download it know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Any good ideas for a name for this saper? its a wireless radio sapper of sorts:

If the description helps you to find a name: ‹‹put engineers buildings to "sleep" with the sweet sound of deadly electro musical waves››
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    566 Posts

If the description helps you to find a name: ‹‹put engineers buildings to "sleep" with the sweet sound of deadly electro musical waves››
    lullaby sentry
    pre-recorded destruction
    the destructive melody
    calming destruction
    musical menace
    ruining records
    tape 'n sap (because you can tape music i unno)
    record 'n ruin

dunno, my names are usually shit, these were just off the top of my head anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #355
    January 2012
    3,661 Posts

Sap Recorder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

36. Post #356
    March 2012
    1,927 Posts
    can you make it replace the elfin deal and heros tail?

37. Post #357
    January 2012
    3,661 Posts

primary - medigewehr
    secondary - bloodslüger
    Can we use that unused needle Medic has as a melee for this set?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

38. Post #358
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,898 Posts
    Q: What are the steps to making an item?
    A: Here are broad steps involved in making a 3D item:
    Concept: Come up with a good idea in words. Trust us, this is the hardest part.
    Design: Draw in 2D or 3D what it will actually look like.
    Model: Using a 3D program, create the clean polygon model that will actually be in the game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,037 Posts
    can you make it replace the elfin deal and heros tail?
    I'll get to it later I need sleep lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #360
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Can we use that unused needle Medic has as a melee for this set?
    Is it german resistance themed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events