1. Post #5481
    March 2012
    1,503 Posts
    What does the Buff Banner taunt look like with the Bandoliero equipped?

Oh, hey, pageking. Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5482
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    ironically scout's pan isn't too bad compared to others

Beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #5483
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts

La peinture fonctionne, woohoo!
    So, yeah, I stopped working on TF2 mods right around my last ban. Just gave up after that, not because of the ban but because I don't have time to mod with work and everything, and because of that I never finished the Scout's mohawk. I just gave up on it and said screw it, I'll never be nearly as good as some of these guys like Sparkwire and Daimao.

Curious as to what was going on, I logged in to see this wonderful masterpiece. The mohawk does fit the Pyro a lot more, since it's related to the petrolpunk fiction of Mad Max and Fallout. Even Cook-Cook from Fallout: New Vegas had a mohawk. It's kind of a crazy psycho killer thing as much as it is punk.

I highly approve of this. I love the fact it works with any of the masks, and it's very well designed. A+, all the way, and I promise despite no longer playing TF2 a lot I will purchase one if it gets in simply to show my support for this item, just like I did with the Fast Learner and the Boston Boom Bringer. This is simply amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5484
    August 2009
    807 Posts
    Oh for crying out loud, write that right please! Call me a nitpicker, but that should be "Bandolero" and not "Bandoliero" haha
    It's a pun with Bandolier and Bandolero.

What does the Buff Banner taunt look like with the Bandolero equipped?
    He juggles his imagination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5485
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,175 Posts

Beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5486
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,850 Posts
    FIRMLY GRASP IT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #5487
    March 2011
    1,128 Posts
    The part where Patrick actually drives it into his hand always looked painful to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #5488
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,175 Posts
    The part where Patrick actually drives it into his hand always looked painful to me
    I looked it up again and

Holy fuck I just noticed how painful that looks, damn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #5489
    March 2012
    1,503 Posts

That's how I imagined it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #5490
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts

That's how I imagined it.

This needed to be posted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner x 32Agree x 5Optimistic x 4Useful x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #5491
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,165 Posts
    Hey, need opinions on this shotgun I'm working on.

The idea is that it'll be a reskin of the Pomson, but instead of the Engineer pulling a lever on the side, it'll look like he's loading shells in sideways (Well mostly. If Heavy didn't load shells into the Family Business, I think I can get away with doing it here, too)

I know it still needs the trigger, but other than that, it feels like the gun is missing something. Any opinions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5492
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,923 Posts
    Silly secondary/misc item idea for the Black Market Business and Man of Honor packs.

The Cement Shoes
    Why not take a long walk off a short pier with these babies on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #5493
    March 2011
    1,128 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #5494
    January 2012
    63 Posts

The idea is that it'll be a reskin of the Pomson, but instead of the Engineer pulling a lever on the side, it'll look like he's loading shells in sideways (Well mostly. If Heavy didn't load shells into the Family Business, I think I can get away with doing it here, too)

I know it still needs the trigger, but other than that, it feels like the gun is missing something. Any opinions?

Give the grip a pattern like that, and seeing as how the pomson is long ranged...Rear sights as well as a front sight?

Unless this is going to be a synthetic shotgun, that would look best.As for the rest of the gun, it looks solid, but a ring around the tube and barrel like the frontier justice would make it look like it's actually held together...

Sorry, a bit of my hunters side coming out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #5495
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    -snop-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #5496
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    You should totally release that as a mod before you upload it to the workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #5497
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    You should totally release that as a mod before you upload it to the workshop.
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #5498
    December 2011
    239 Posts

As far as I know, that's based on a SPAS-12, which has a folding stock, so some mechanism that looks like it could fold (it doesn't have to fold, just look like it could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #5499
    July 2011
    579 Posts
    Does anyone know if its possible to prevent translational jigglebones on viewmodels from bouncing up and down when the player moves back and forth? I only want it to be affected by gravity, but even when the mass is at 1000 it bounces up and down erratically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

20. Post #5500
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    464 Posts
    Does anyone know if its possible to prevent translational jigglebones on viewmodels from bouncing up and down when the player moves back and forth? I only want it to be affected by gravity, but even when the mass is at 1000 it bounces up and down erratically.
    Can you post your .qc? And also post a screencapture of your armature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #5501
    July 2011
    579 Posts
    Code:
    $cd "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\pufuwozu\team fortress 2\tf\models\weapons\c_models"
    $modelname "weapons/c_models/c_nude_pen/c_nude_pen.mdl"
    $model "c_nude_pen" "c_nude_pen/c_nude_pen.smd"
    $cdmaterials "models\weapons\c_items\"
    $texturegroup skinfamilies 
    {
    { "c_nude_pen.vmt"
    "c_nude_pen_glass.vmt" }
    { "c_nude_pen.vmt"
    "c_nude_pen_glass.vmt" }
    }
    $hboxset "default"
    $hbox 0 "weapon_bone" -2.490  1.000  -6.390  2.510  11.000  23.610
    $autocenter
    // Model uses material "models/weapons/c_items/c_nude_pen.vmt"
    // Model uses material "models/weapons/c_items/c_nude_pen_glass.vmt"
    $surfaceprop "metal"
    $illumposition 0 0 0
    $sequence idle "c_nude_pen/idle.smd" fps 30.00
    $jigglebone "tube_jiggle" {
        is_rigid {
            tip_mass 1000
            length 100
            angle_constraint 0
        }

has_base_spring {
            stiffness 1 
            damping 10 
            left_constraint 0 0
            up_constraint 0 5
            up_friction 0
            forward_constraint 0 0
        }
    }
    In game and in HLMV the jiggleboned tube rises really quickly when you move forward, and lowers really quickly when you move back. And when it hits the limits defined by "up_constraint" it jumps to the opposite limit.

And even if the pen is upside down (when you go to backstab one), the tube slowly reverts back to the initial position. But I want the gravity to keep it down.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I'll get a screenshot of it.

I didn't know exactly how to show it, but the bone is assigned to a tube inside the pen.

22. Post #5502
    April 2011
    2,657 Posts
    Code:
     "c_nude_pen"
    Hawt

Even more with jiggles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5503
    July 2011
    579 Posts
    It's one of those novelty pens (might be NSFW) but with the Scout's mom.

Obviously it doesn't really work with the current drawing, it's just a proof of concept so far. If I can't get the jigglebones to complete the job, I'll make an on-backstab animation for the Workshop submission. Though, I know how Valve just LOVES custom animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #5504
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    It's one of those novelty pens (might be NSFW) but with the Scout's mom.
    Heh, I have the one that's shown at the bottom, but in black
    Really good pen, but it's bit distracting at times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events

25. Post #5505
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    464 Posts
    I'm not sure you can use the rigid and base_spring commands concurrently like that; I've never seen it done (though admittedly haven't tried it. As an alternative, you could try making a rotational jigglebone with a very wide radius that only allows movement in the single axis you're looking for, with the rigid command.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #5506
    July 2011
    579 Posts
    I'm not sure you can use the rigid and base_spring commands concurrently like that; I've never seen it done (though admittedly haven't tried it. As an alternative, you could try making a rotational jigglebone with a very wide radius that only allows movement in the single axis you're looking for, with the rigid command.
    I'm pretty sure you can, the ValveDC article even has an example using them both together. The wide radius workaround could provide a makeshift solution, but I think that approach would be much more unfavourable than making an animation. Thanks for the help though.

27. Post #5507
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Download and workshop of the LazerGazer:

I'm not too sure whether the team basecolours work right now, as i've never done them before and my Facade is painted black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #5508
    I still think their should be a female-esq styled hairdo, y'know, so people don't rage that the pyro is a guy...
    Although there's nothing saying that girls can't have a mohawk...Maybe I'm just being dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

29. Post #5509
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,141 Posts

tubes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #5510
    March 2012
    82 Posts
    It's a pun with Bandolier and Bandolero.

My bad D=
    Sorry about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

31. Post #5511
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,846 Posts
    I still think their should be a female-esq styled hairdo, y'know, so people don't rage that the pyro is a guy...
    Although there's nothing saying that girls can't have a mohawk...Maybe I'm just being dumb
    http://••••••••KDala3

Also the original concept is based on this girl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #5512
    July 2011
    10,141 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #5513
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    the sooner people stop with this 'pyro is a girl' thing the better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #5514
    November 2010
    1,248 Posts
    and steam filled corridors?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5515
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,846 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #5516
    July 2011
    10,141 Posts
    heavy version time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

37. Post #5517
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,356 Posts
    Insisting pyro is male is just as bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #5518
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Why? I think the complete ambiguity surrounding the character is neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #5519
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    *whispers*

Harry is afraid of girls, but psshh, I'm not supposed to tell anybody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #5520
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    i just feel that it's really getting old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)