1. Post #4321

March 2012
    530 Posts

All the finished textures, now it only needs a name and it's onto the workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4322
    August 2011
    2,055 Posts

New Koala stuffed toy created through popular demand. Completely new model from the one on the cozy camper. 7 styles. Single texture map. Currently base colored; texturing it at the moment.
    lil' bruce
    A name with no alliteration, no gimmicks, just cute.
    I would write a description, but last time I wrote a description for an item, it was changed to something mediocre when it got in game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #4323
    July 2011
    571 Posts

Still looks like shit. :/

*EDIT* Also, keep in mind that I need to put opaque labels and stuff on the bag.
    I don't know why you even need transparency. The blood is usually deep enough in blood packs to be opaque anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #4324
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    The Cuddly Camper!

Fits with both the Cozy Camper and it being a widdle Sniper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4325
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,974 Posts
    So you'll have two koalas with the Cozy Camper and the Pocket Koala equipped? This game's turning into a zoo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4326
    August 2011
    2,055 Posts
    So you'll have two koalas with the Cozy Camper and the Pocket Koala equipped? This game's turning into a zoo!
    ........unless it's a farm!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4327
    November 2010
    2,573 Posts
    what kind of farm has koalas?

8. Post #4328
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    you should have a style where he wears widdle toothkicker booties on his arms
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4329
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,974 Posts
    Alright ned, we need to get your nose out of the schema for a bit, it's starting to affect your mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #4330
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    what kind of farm has koalas?
    an australian one

duh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4331
    March 2012
    1,927 Posts
    yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4332
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    I love the Mutton Chops and Pipe, but I never liked how it paints the pipe too, so I did a 2-minute alpha fix.

thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 4Winner x 4Agree x 2Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #4333
    May 2011
    2,885 Posts

Back on the heavy helm. Work in progress. No textures. Test base colors. Test shading values. A collaboration between me and ned_ballad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Winner Winner x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #4334
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,643 Posts
    lil' bruce
    A name with no alliteration, no gimmicks, just cute.
    I would write a description, but last time I wrote a description for an item, it was changed to something mediocre when it got in game.
    I want it to just be called Bruce. The styles would also be called "Bruce". All of them. True blue Australianness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4335
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    I thought it was time for the Home made honors to get a full redux.

Left is the new, old is the right. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking back then, why the fuck did I make all those cylinders so smooth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #4336

July 2010
    224 Posts

texture by primrose, model by gayweeddad69, unwrap/jiggles by me
    it has jigglebones.
    You should make some custom animations for those cubes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4337
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,569 Posts
    Yeah, maybe have each of them slowly rotating in a different direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

18. Post #4338
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts

tire iron, iron, random corks - just need a tire somehow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4339
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,643 Posts
    Heavy ideas to go with the Gym Rat + Toss-Proof Towel.

The Barbaric Barbells [Melee weapon]
    A pair of weights that can be used in two different styles; 50kg in each hand (fists-type reskin) or 100kg in one hand (Saxxy-type reskin).
    "Show the world that it really is muscle, not fat, by hitting them with these babies*!"

Set: Let's Get Physical
    Items: Gym Rat, Toss-Proof Towel, Barbaric Barbells
    Set Bonus: 60% Sweat increase

*Do not actually hit enemies with babies. 1 out of 4 children is seriously injured by being used as a bludgeon without proper safety equipment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

20. Post #4340
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    649 Posts
    Hey guys! Feels like forever since i posted here.

I want to simi get back into the TF2 modelling ring when i have the time. Sat down for a few hours and put this together today. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I'm thinking I might do some styles for the 3 lines on the front of it. Maybe a TF logo or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #4341
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,530 Posts
    I read that as "Furry paintable" at first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

22. Post #4342
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    950 Posts
    They already have that, and they're jiggle boned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #4343
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,195 Posts
    Hey guys! Feels like forever since i posted here.

I want to simi get back into the TF2 modelling ring when i have the time. Sat down for a few hours and put this together today. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I'm thinking I might do some styles for the 3 lines on the front of it. Maybe a TF logo or something like that.
    I think a canteen would be a cool soldier lunchbox item, using the buffbanner animations to make it look like he's taking a swig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4344
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    I think a canteen would be a cool soldier lunchbox item, using the buffbanner animations to make it look like he's taking a swig.
    There is already one banner item in the workshop that uses the trumpet animation to simulate drink-swigging. But yeah, a canteen could be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing one made.
    Fun fact: If the Soldier got a lunchbox item, he'd have four different types of secondary. Five if you count pistol (Bison) and shotgun as different things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #4345
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,195 Posts
    A canteen and one of those bigass fucking soldier backpacks would look awesome together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4346
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,169 Posts

finally an item that is not filled with jigglybones by VLEK
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...79&searchtext=
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #4347
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    the skulls on Pyro probably would have been positioned better if he did use jigglebones

28. Post #4348
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    A canteen and one of those bigass fucking soldier backpacks would look awesome together.
    That could indeed look totally radical. Canteen and backpack seems more fitting for the Soldier than whiskey bottle and liquor cabinet.

I'm currently fiddling around with designs for those phlog and manmelter replacement concepts I mentioned a while ago. Until I'm done, have this picture that inexplicably keeps turning up in every reference image search I make.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #4349
    September 2009
    839 Posts
    -Creepy ass image-
    Where on earth is the "Oh god what." rating when you need it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #4350
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,168 Posts

finally an item that is not filled with jigglybones by VLEK
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...79&searchtext=
    Paintable...seriously...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4351
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    with very very rare exceptions (like Team Captain), every cosmetic should be paintable

Edited:

be kind of interesting to see a dual class set. 3 items shared by two classes that can both have the full set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4352
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    with very very rare exceptions (like Team Captain), every cosmetic should be paintable
    ...Why?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4353
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,530 Posts
    You're illustrating bad paint colours, not bad painting.
    Browns, black or greys work just fine for those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #4354
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,319 Posts
    It physically hurts to look at that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4355
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,052 Posts

Edited:

be kind of interesting to see a dual class set. 3 items shared by two classes that can both have the full set.
    I don't really see why the Team Captain should be unpaintable. It could still have a unique base colour per class with paint enabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4356
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    You're illustrating bad paint colours, not bad painting.
    Browns, black or greys work just fine for those.
    Well, yeah, there are a handful of item/paint combinations that actually improve the item, but I barely ever see people using those.

Even the colors that in themselves are stylish and cool (Drably Olive, Gentleman's Business Pants, Similar to Slate etc.) tend to look bad when combined with most items.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #4357
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    I don't really see why the Team Captain should be unpaintable. It could still have a unique base colour per class with paint enabled.
    true, I forget you have some leeway with how much tint gets applied

38. Post #4358
    I wish I knew someone wish a pretty sick carrot fetish.
    May 2011
    850 Posts

I promise I will actually release this.
    And yes, i'm still working on the gravity gun (texture).
    Replaces the market gardener by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #4359
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,652 Posts
    It took me up to about 2 weeks ago, while showing my friends Meet the Soldier, to finally get the ending joke. "And from there on whenever a bunch of animals got together in one place, it's called a TZU!"

I felt so ashamed that it took so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb x 4Informative x 4Funny x 3Friendly x 2Late x 1Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4360
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    It took me up to about 2 weeks ago, while showing my friends Meet the Soldier, to finally get the ending joke. "And from there on whenever a bunch of animals got together in one place, it's called a TZU!"

I felt so ashamed that it took so long.
    Whoa, I never got that at all. It disappoints me a bit though, as it makes the monologue slightly more coherent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)