1. Post #4441
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    took some consideration into this

edit: i think they might be styles.
    what's going on with the top part of the lenses?

Also, yeah, this looks better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4442
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,926 Posts
    Idea for Demoman.

TACTIC00L GRENADE SET!

Replaces his chest grenades with a Flashbang, Smoke grenade, frag grenade etc. Perfect for pretending that you're playing Counter-Strike or that grenades were never removed. Goes great with the Expert's Ordnance set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

3. Post #4443
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,925 Posts
    what's going on with the top part of the lenses?

Also, yeah, this looks better.
    no clue, but it looks better ingame.

4. Post #4444
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,632 Posts
    I want to make something explosive related for Demo, but I'm waiting to hear the theme for the mod comp first.

5. Post #4445
    May 2011
    567 Posts
    That is a damn nice rifle.
    Another rifle that I considered "damn nice" was The Outback rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #4446
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    The problem, in my opinion, is that there's currently an oversupply of rifle models going on in the emporium.

Actually, hell, that happens a lot in the emporium. There's always an oversupply of some item. I remember Sweater Emporium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #4447
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    The problem, in my opinion, is that there's currently an oversupply of rifle models going on in the emporium.

Actually, hell, that happens a lot in the emporium. There's always an oversupply of some item. I remember Sweater Emporium.
    Let's not forget when the attempt to clone Royzo resulted in the Emporium Emporium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4448

October 2010
    27 Posts
    (Third time) amateur tf2 modeler here (unless you count LODs are separate)

After positive feedback from my other items in the workshop, Im gonna do a knife and gun!

FINALLY at the texturing stage (though might do some minor tweaks) (Did I mention LODs are no fun?)

Question:
    What is the standard texture size for something like this? Looking at the other models they are all over the place, so I went with 512x512?

Feedback welcome! Color scheme ideas, names (gonna probably call it Big Iron or Longhorn) etc.

(BTW its modeled after a gun called the High Standard Double Nine, a western style, 9-shot .22 revolver introduced in the 60's when spaghetti westerns were the rage)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

9. Post #4449
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    963 Posts

After positive feedback from my other items in the workshop, Im gonna do a knife and gun!

FINALLY at the texturing stage (though might do some minor tweaks) (Did I mention LODs are no fun?)

Question:
    What is the standard texture size for something like this? Looking at the other models they are all over the place, so I went with 512x512?

Feedback welcome! Color scheme ideas, names (gonna probably call it Big Iron or Longhorn) etc.

(BTW its modeled after a gun called the High Standard Double Nine, a western style .22 revolver introduced in the 60's when spaghetti westerns were the rage)
    That is god damned beautiful. Bravo. I say a nice dark cold metal would be good, I'll do a paintover in a bit.

10. Post #4450
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts

Question:

(BTW its modeled after a gun called the High Standard Double Nine, a western style, 9-shot .22 revolver introduced in the 60's when spaghetti westerns were the rage)
    That is utterly fabulous. Magnificent. Fagnificent?

Yes. Of course. Fagnificent. It looks like something that would better befit the Enforcer's stats, as you know, big fucking gun and all that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #4451
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts

Question:

Everyone back to the base pardner!

Looks good man!

12. Post #4452
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,373 Posts
    So, why is Sethhack DDOSing the site? Nobody answered that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #4453
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    So, why is Sethhack DDOSing the site? Nobody answered that.
    garry banned a shit ton of users using the hacks.

14. Post #4454
    June 2010
    6,313 Posts
    what I worked on during fp's downtime
    A falconing glove for spy
    Thought about one for Medic? He's already got large gloves, might make it easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

15. Post #4455
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,227 Posts
    We should make a thread on another forum for when fp is down.
    TF2TIP Forums? vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #4456
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    and I finally finished the krieger
    I really like the concept, but the KRIEGER text looks out of place and there's some very noticeable clipping with the arm on the left example and also a tiny bit near the sleeve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #4457
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    and I finally finished the krieger
    Appart from the clipping, that looks absolutely glorious!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

18. Post #4458
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    Make the text more like on the Engineer toolbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

19. Post #4459
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts

Oh, the joice of tidy up your folder to find old unfinished stuff.
    Never finished it because UVmapping.

So yeah baholtzen, if you're still willing to texture it, it should be done soon!
    A bit late but I've got to say, that is absolutely gorgeous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #4460
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    -snip-
    You broke my automerge >:C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #4461
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,073 Posts
    Just remove the text. Iirc, Valve doesn't like items with too much text or items with their name written on them. But keep the 24.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4462
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Well, judging by the Atomizer, the demo bottles and a bunch of lunchboxes, text on items is acceptable. I think the current writing looks pretty cool, though it would look better with the kind of worn stencil font that Simski is suggesting. However, replacing it with something like a serial number or an industrial warning sign could look pretty boss, too.

And a question: Why does it have a name in German if it's an Engineer item?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #4463
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    Yeah removing the name from the arm would probably be a good idea.
    Not only because it looks out of place, but also because if Valve dislikes the name they might reject the model simply because the name is part of the texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4464
    January 2010
    920 Posts
    Yeah removing the name from the arm would probably be a good idea.
    Not only because it looks out of place, but also because if Valve dislikes the name they might reject the model simply because the name is part of the texture.
    And because Valve always changes the names of the community items :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

25. Post #4465
    July 2011
    579 Posts
    My suggestion

Might be a bit cliche though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #4466
    April 2012
    13 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events

27. Post #4467
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts

WIP
    any suggestions?
    Dropbox doesn't seem to like it.

This could be a neat special crate, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4468
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts

WIP
    any suggestions?
    My suggestion is to right-click the picture in your dropbox and then click on "copy public link" so that we can actually see the picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #4469
    July 2011
    947 Posts
    My suggestion

Might be a bit cliche though.
    If you removed the black lines and made the yellow into team coloured yellow then it'd be perfect.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

30. Post #4470
    April 2012
    13 Posts

WIP
    any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Funny Funny x 19Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #4471
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts

WIP
    any suggestions?
    I am sure you know this but weapon rigging doesn't work like that. Nice model by the way.

32. Post #4472
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Gonna start working on that Pyro misc again, but I don't think I can do the unwrapping, anyone else up for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #4473
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,320 Posts
    Hot damn thats my concept art rifle thing.
    I remember having about 25+ different versions and revisions of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #4474
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts
    The arm was based off those Krieger mech tabletop figures, I Could always get rid of the logo entirely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

35. Post #4475
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,425 Posts
    'The Wayward Pinch'

A satchel for the demoman, full of pots and containers of explosive chemicals. For the demoman on the go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #4476
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    Dropbox doesn't seem to like it.

This could be a neat special crate, though.
    Dropbox Promo

Upload your TF2 models to the official Steam Workshop Dropbox and win this crate.
    The only thing it contains is a coupon to expand your own Dropbox space!

Dropbox!
    Simplify your life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

37. Post #4477

July 2010
    224 Posts
    Soldier's stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9asKURMo5N0

Today is a good day.

*EDIT : How do you guys embed video in FP thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #4478
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Making a Diving helmet/mask for pyro that actually doesn't clip with some hats:

Agree for the lighter team coloured red, disagree for the darker operators overalls on the leather mask/hood part.
    Just basecolours at the moment so trying other colours would be easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #4479
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Ive got a serious question: If since a lot of people complain about the rocket launchers reloading nothing, and there are those cool unique rocket models, can't somebody just take the rocket models and place the rockets inside the launcher where it can't be seen, and then when you reload it come out and rig to the hand, like the grenade launcher?

40. Post #4480
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,357 Posts
    It would have to be always rigged to the hand. The way the default rocket does it is through a bodygroup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events