1. Post #5041
    April 2012
    1,106 Posts

Not sure how I like that bipod :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5042
    May 2011
    2,894 Posts

Please rate-up if you like it. Thanks for your support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Winner Winner x 13Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #5043
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    This is my first time modeling a gun (or anything that isn't a hat/misc/melee/scout drink actually). Texture is a work in progress.

Make steel a lighter color. (No Pure Colors)
    Recolor grip to wood. (ala colt 1911)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #5044
    March 2011
    1,243 Posts
    Not a bad job, lemonade1950.

Dunno how long I'll use it, but I showed the model to a friend, and I'm thinking he'll use it for a certainly longer period of time.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

5. Post #5045
    April 2011
    2,646 Posts
    Make steel a lighter color. (No Pure Colors)
    Recolor grip to wood. (ala colt 1911)
    mmm, every pistol has its style. And this one is not a M1911 Colt (I mean, the one modeled )

It wouldn´t look that good in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #5046
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts
    This is what they considered to be the best option for include-able items?

Come on valve.

If you are gonna add a billion hats, at least make sure that some of them are good.

(I am baised as so many awesome hats/misc/weapons have been passed by for lunch boxes and an apple, and a bad conquistador helmet, etc....)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

7. Post #5047
    April 2011
    3,324 Posts
    So I just had an idea.

The Traumahawk
    A melee for Pyro with a stun and bleed-inducing M2 where the Pyro hurls the axe.

Or Sniper. Sniper makes more sense given the melee-focus of Pyro and the whole thing where rendering him without one would be stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #5048
    March 2012
    82 Posts

Come on valve.

If you are gonna add a billion hats, at least make sure that some of them are good.

(I am baised as so many awesome hats/misc/weapons have been passed by for lunch boxes and an apple, and a bad conquistador helmet, etc....)
    That's not the worst part:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #5049
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    750 Posts

At least that's gonna get fixed... The hat is (unfortunately) there to stay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #5050
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts

I swing a pan like that all the time.

Especially when it is a cast iron pan that most likely weighs around 4-5 pounds.
    (If it is a good pan.)

11. Post #5051
    November 2011
    524 Posts
    Looks better than I envisioned. This is a WIP on the texture.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 24 (list)

12. Post #5052
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts

Come on valve.

Does it even have lod's?

Edit: Yeah it does. But im pretty sure that it uses the weapon_lightwarp

13. Post #5053
    April 2012
    1,106 Posts
    Sorry to tell you this after you've started texturing, boomsta, but I think that the red plate around the barrel system should be on top. It looks silly the way it is now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

14. Post #5054
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts
    Sorry to tell you this after you've started texturing, boomsta, but I think that the red plate around the barrel system should be on top. It looks silly the way it is now.
    I like it on the bottom.

Looks neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #5055
    WHOA HEY GUYS HUGE FUCKING TEXT HERE
    May 2006
    560 Posts

Come on valve.

I seriously don't see what's wrong with it.

It's simple, it fits the Sniper due to his nature of headshots. And it kinda fits the comedic style of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5056
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts

It's simple, it fits the Sniper due to his nature of headshots. And it kinda fits the comedic style of the game.
    Its not bad. Its just that there are tons of hats that are loads better than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

17. Post #5057
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts

And everyone walks around with an apple on their head.

I know that it is supposed to be cartoony and what not, but still it doesnt look good and only really goes with a weapon.
    Kinda.

I cannot imagine any misc looking great with the fruit shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #5058
    July 2011
    1,406 Posts

My biggest gripe is that it's maybe too large.
    It seems it'd fit quite well in the character's huge hands, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5059
    October 2011
    213 Posts

ingame with a crappy unwrap, uv'ing and texturing hopefully soon to come
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #5060
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,946 Posts
    The apple would actually be the greatest hat in game if it toppled around. Congratulations to it's creator all the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #5061
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts
    The apple would actually be the greatest hat in game if it toppled around. Congratulations to it's creator all the same.
    That would make it infinitely better.
    Maybe a strap or something would be a good addition as well.

22. Post #5062
    July 2011
    1,406 Posts
    I was just thinking how fun it'd look. The arrow would further enhance the motion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #5063
    April 2011
    3,324 Posts
    Looks better than I envisioned. This is a WIP on the texture.

I look at that and immediately see potential level upgrades. That is a really good sentry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #5064
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,841 Posts
    Craftable with a Huntsman + 4 refined. Oh boy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #5065
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,989 Posts
    Yeah, item creator kind of got screwed on that, I can't think of any cosmetic that's been community contributed which has been craftable with a specific recipe right when it was added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #5066
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,692 Posts

It's to big for one thing. It also has a way to perfect texture with a base red color that is to bright.

27. Post #5067
    November 2011
    524 Posts
    Informative if I should make the wires bigger. :o

I look at that and immediately see potential level upgrades. That is a really good sentry.
    I would like to try and do that since it would be quite the challenge, but I probably wouldn't have time to do. I originally was planning on making this only a level 1 sentry, since not every sentry (if it were to be added) in TF2 needs to have 3 levels, you know what I mean? Anyways thanks for the compliment. :D

I tried it being on the top, but it just looked too repetitive with the plate on the main part of it. It looks better aesthetically with it on bottom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #5068
    My waifu is the Scout.
    January 2012
    2,321 Posts
    Oh, here'a another idea. I'm pretty sure this fits in the time era since it was used by the Italian Army in WWII
    The Beretta M 1934

29. Post #5069
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,108 Posts
    look on the bright side, model-wise styles are now acceptable for cosmetics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #5070
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts
    look on the bright side, model-wise styles are now acceptable for cosmetics.
    I've been making multi model styles for everything so far.
    (But no lods as I am a fail monger.)

Now my items will surely get in!

(That's how it works. Right?)

Whoa whoa whoa.
    The fruit shot is green on blu.
    Now it is a good-ish hat.

31. Post #5071
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,971 Posts
    Yeah, item creator kind of got screwed on that, I can't think of any cosmetic that's been community contributed which has been craftable with a specific recipe right when it was added.
    Any item that was part of a set when it was released would be craftable if a weapon was part of the set
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #5072
    April 2011
    3,324 Posts
    I wish this had been finished and released.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #5073
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,609 Posts
    Now that the pan uses the allclass melee animations, would anyone like me to hex the Circular Circlesaw for it, sounds and all?

EDIT: I'll add some selfillum while I'm at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5074
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,692 Posts
    Now that the pan uses the allclass melee animations, would anyone like me to hex the Circular Circlesaw for it, sounds and all?

EDIT: I'll add some selfillum while I'm at it.
    That would be fantastic! Sorry for being an extremely slow modder but the v2 will be out 1 month to a year from now. So get excited for that, or don't. Don't is the much more intelligent choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #5075
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,018 Posts
    That would be fantastic! Sorry for being an extremely slow modder but the v2 will be out 1 month to a year from now. So get excited for that, or don't. Don't is the much more intelligent choice.
    Can we do both?

36. Post #5076
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,609 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #5077
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,692 Posts
    Can we do both?
    You could but I have no guaranty that the result will be pleasant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #5078
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    anyone here know what I would need to put in dxsupport.cfg to get my model viewer on the highest settings?
    I'm using a AMD Radeon HD 6410D card. it doesnt seem to work with any of the AMD cards in the CFG.

I've also tried manualy adding it under the "Unknown" section of dxsupport.cfg

39. Post #5079
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,599 Posts
    Any item that was part of a set when it was released would be craftable if a weapon was part of the set
    Full list:
    Bonk Boy
    Jumper's Jeepcap
    Fancy Dress Uniform
    Armored Authority
    Sultan's Ceremonial
    Desert Marauder
    Cosa Nostra Cap
    Made Man
    Buccaneer's Bicorne
    A Whiff of the Old Brimstone
    Big Elfin Deal
    Bootie Time
    Fruit Shoot
    Mann Conomy set hats didn't have a recipe until they were met with backlash. Australian Christmas 2011 hats don't have the recipe because they were not included in the sets (although they are purchasable in bundles with their respective weapons from the Mann Co. Store). Capo's Capper has 100% of the revenue going to Valve due to its stark likeness to the Fancy Fedora's mesh and texture, as such, I did not include it in the list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #5080
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts
    Capo's Capper has 100% of the revenue going to Valve due to its stark likeness to the Fancy Fedora's mesh and texture, as such, I did not include it in the list.
    Wait, really?

Edited:

isn't the creator like 12, i didn't think he was able to receive any revenue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)