1. Post #5641

Aaaand it's on the workshop.
    Reminds me of that episode from Spongebob where one of them, think it was spongebob, had two peg legs. Can't find the damn clip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

2. Post #5642
    I was just looking for that clip too, can't find it :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #5643
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    If this gets in game one day (IT MUST), I am pretty sure Valve will put it by 4th of July (I hope I am wrong, because I want this item ingame, like, right now)

These are the kind of sets that makes me love all of you people and that gives me the mood to open up a 3D program and learn to make mods.

Kudos.
    Personally, I would hope they would put it in on July 10th.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #5644
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    I was just looking for that clip too, can't find it :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1LICBAC0Gc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5645
    April 2011
    5,339 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #5646
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    Try using [media] tags.
    No, I did that on purpose, I'd rather not have a gigantic Youtube box with Spongebob in it clogging the Emporium thread.

7. Post #5647
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,118 Posts
    No, I did that on purpose, I'd rather not have a gigantic Youtube box with Spongebob in it clogging the Emporium thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #5648
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    I suppose that works.

9. Post #5649
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts

boo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny x 3Informative x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #5650
    January 2010
    3,145 Posts
    Not my concept, but I modelled it

In what ways can I claim this to be mine? Because I failed to get in contact with the artist but he said it would be for anybody to model

Second, how am I supposed to unwrap the head? never had such complex models to unwrap
    Anybody care to UV/texture this would be nice too
    I can't rig it either, still also looking for a rigger on some (all) of my other models

I feel really disabled for not knowing how to do anything but modelling/texturing (at a mediocre degree)...
    Oh this Rocket Launcher that I drew up?

I don't visit SPUF too often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #5651
    April 2011
    3,187 Posts

Aaaand it's on the workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5652
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events

13. Post #5653
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #5654
    April 2012
    13 Posts
    I'm afraid that if I submit my set for scout later, people will call me thief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5655
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts
    your set is infinitely better than that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #5656
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts

Not happy about the spy version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #5657
    November 2009
    370 Posts
    Yo Rozzy, someone's trying to take credit for your old nade launcher: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...65&searchtext=
    TBH, it looks so bad I'm not even going to worry about it.

May it rest it peace.

18. Post #5658
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts
    -snub-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

19. Post #5659
    June 2011
    576 Posts
    I was thinking. Since there has already been an AK-47 SMG skin, couldn't someone make an M16-A4 skin? Not only could it be an SMG skin, you could also submit it to Steam Workshop as a SMG replacement, but you could submit it as a replacement for Soldier's shotgun. Many people have said that Soldier could do with some kind of automatic rifle. An M16-A4 would also fit the Soldier's "US Army" fašade. I suck at modeling, so this counts as a request.

Possible stats could be (this is comparison with stock SMG):

+20% clip size (30 shots)
    +15% damage
    +10% greater accuracy
    -10% slower firing rate
    -20% reserve ammo (60 reserve shots)
    -10% longer reload time

Any suggestions would be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #5660
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    -nvm-

21. Post #5661
    Dennab
    July 2011
    712 Posts
    can someone direct me to a making weapons tutorial? I think I got hats and misc. down. But I need weapons now.

22. Post #5662
    May 2011
    916 Posts
    can someone direct me to a making weapons tutorial? I think I got hats and misc. down. But I need weapons now.
    It's the same thing mostly except higher poly and bigger textures... I think. Except for the first person view of the model. I think there are tutorials on that somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #5663
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts
    I was thinking. Since there has already been an AK-47 SMG skin, couldn't someone make an M16-A4 skin? Not only could it be an SMG skin, you could also submit it to Steam Workshop as a SMG replacement, but you could submit it as a replacement for Soldier's shotgun. Many people have said that Soldier could do with some kind of automatic rifle. An M16-A4 would also fit the Soldier's "US Army" fašade. I suck at modeling, so this counts as a request.

+15% damage
    +10% greater accuracy
    -10% slower firing rate
    -10% longer reload time

Soldier doesn't need an automatic rifle.

Also, those stats are just -x% something +y% something. That is bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

24. Post #5664
    June 2011
    576 Posts
    Soldier doesn't need an automatic rifle.

Also, those stats are just -x% something +y% something. That is bad.
    Then what does he need? He already has: 3 horn and backpack secondaries, 2 shotguns, two pairs of boots, and a laser. An auto rifle, like the laser, would be a fresh change of playstyle, and something very different and could help keep soldier fresh. As for the stats, if you have better ideas, do tell. Also, you could just reserve the idea to sniper, since he hasn't gotten any new form of automatic bullet-based secondary, and he desperately needs something that isn't a jar of something or another backpack/shield. VALV[SUP]E[/SUP] is getting very repetitive with their secondaries. Scout has 3 pistols, two drinks, and a throwable. I already mentioned soldier's secondaries. Pyro has 2 shotguns and 3 flare guns. Demoman has 3 sticky launchers and 2 shields. Heavy has 2 shotguns and 4 edibles. Engy has little repetition with his secondaries. Forget medic, I already talked about sniper, and spy is already powerful enough. Can you pick a class that could use an auto rifle and give it better stats?

I'll restate myself: an automatic AR of some kind would be a fresh, new mechanic that would allow for people to toy with their playstyles and mix it up a little.

25. Post #5665
    Dennab
    July 2011
    712 Posts
    Yeah but I cant find the Ambassador model in my files.

Edited:

and thats what I want to work off of.

26. Post #5666
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    Then what does he need? He already has: 3 horn and backpack secondaries, 2 shotguns, two pairs of boots, and a laser. An auto rifle, like the laser, would be a fresh change of playstyle, and something very different and could help keep soldier fresh. As for the stats, if you have better ideas, do tell. Also, you could just reserve the idea to sniper, since he hasn't gotten any new form of automatic bullet-based secondary, and he desperately needs something that isn't a jar of something or another backpack/shield. VALV[SUP]E[/SUP] is getting very repetitive with their secondaries. Scout has 3 pistols, two drinks, and a throwable. I already mentioned soldier's secondaries. Pyro has 2 shotguns and 3 flare guns. Demoman has 3 sticky launchers and 2 shields. Heavy has 2 shotguns and 4 edibles. Engy has little repetition with his secondaries. Forget medic, I already talked about sniper, and spy is already powerful enough. Can you pick a class that could use an auto rifle and give it better stats?

I'll restate myself: an automatic AR of some kind would be a fresh, new mechanic that would allow for people to toy with their playstyles and mix it up a little.
    AR for soldier would be something you use once then never again because rocket launchers are far more effective long range weapons. Waste of effort to make him animations and new code for something nobody actually wants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

27. Post #5667
    June 2011
    576 Posts
    AR for soldier would be something you use once then never again because rocket launchers are far more effective long range weapons. Waste of effort to make him animations and new code for something nobody actually wants
    As I just said, it could be useful for most classes. Sniper is long overdue for a new automatic secondary, and maybe Heavy, since it could be used to jostle a sniper's view, thus possibly disrupting his aim enough that he cant kill you or your medic, and do this with a longer effective range than any of his shotguns. However, if applied to heavy it probably would be an AK-47 instead of an M16-A4.

28. Post #5668
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts
    As I just said, it could be useful for most classes. Sniper is long overdue for a new automatic secondary, and maybe Heavy, since it could be used to jostle a sniper's view, thus possibly disrupting his aim enough that he cant kill you or your medic, and do this with a longer effective range than any of his shotguns. However, if applied to heavy it probably would be an AK-47 instead of an M16-A4.
    Too bad valve doesn't want assault rifles in tf2 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #5669
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    Which is a good thing, balancing assault rifles is almost impossible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #5670
    January 2012
    63 Posts

it could be for who ?

edit: it's not my 3d model
    Scout, shortstop!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #5671
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    Give it to sniper, that's fine. Iffy on heavy, he probably shouldn't get a hugely long range gun but maybe if it was significantly weak.

But, again, animation and code. That's why secondaries are repetitive. But you really shouldn't be complaining since it's good enough they gave secondaries variations at all, primaries and melees hardly ever get that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

32. Post #5672
    June 2011
    576 Posts
    Give it to sniper, that's fine. Iffy on heavy, he probably shouldn't get a hugely long range gun but maybe if it was significantly weak.
    Even if it's just for sniper, that's fine by me.

Which is a good thing, balancing assault rifles is almost impossible
    Well, they balanced the SMG. That's pretty close to balancing an AR.

33. Post #5673
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    Valve flip-flopped on so much else that I wouldn't rule it out anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #5674

December 2010
    177 Posts

+15% damage
    +10% greater accuracy
    -10% slower firing rate
    -10% longer reload time

Valve specifically designed the game without automatic weapons for a reason. They've found that automatic weapons typically have led to an overall experience that leads to less fun. This is exactly why many class secondary weapons are shotguns, rather than something automatic. Even the closest substitutes, the pistol and SMG, have don't really have the accuracy in midrange to be super-lethal.

It wouldn't ever happen.

35. Post #5675
    June 2011
    576 Posts
    Well, can anyone at least make an SMG reskin? I'd be just ducky having that. (No sarcasm intended)

36. Post #5676
    June 2009
    421 Posts

But, again, animation and code. That's why secondaries are repetitive. But you really shouldn't be complaining since it's good enough they gave secondaries variations at all, primaries and melees hardly ever get that.

And here's your problem solved. It would only need a new reload animation, it wouldn't be automatic (M14 is better fired in semi automatic anyway) and it would be something new, longer ranged for the Soldier as in not another shotgun or rawcat lawnchair. It would be essentially a shotgun that is more accurate and deals less damage to compensate for accuracy.

I would propably be able to model it but after that one hat I showed here on the Emporium some time ago I'd rather not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

37. Post #5677
    I wish I knew someone wish a pretty sick carrot fetish.
    May 2011
    850 Posts
    I made a phone allclass melee, got some critique.
    Here it is originally, starring, dergpyro;

Here it is without edge angle.

to replace the old version with the one without edge angle.
    to leave it.
    to stop fucking with it, cunthead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #5678
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    let us download it (mod emporium) and we can see what the problem even is

those screenshots are small and only show half the model, why don't you just take a shot of the model itself rather than it being held?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

39. Post #5679
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    it's more I know you'll like them, I just try to tell you what I can.
    that seems like an awful big risk

40. Post #5680
    May 2011
    566 Posts

it could be for who ?

edit: it's not my 3d model
    Spy , look like 007 Nightfire tranquilizer gun

yep its the same
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)