1. Post #601
    January 2012
    35 Posts
    Yeah, they attempted to make you float using strong rubber bands, allowing you to spring and bounce around. Numerous kids broke bones using them.

Glad I never used them.

Edited:

I've finally mustered the self-esteem to pull around some devcolored chunks in the second total overhaul of my first and only map. I refresh facepunch and find this. Fuck you.

Also, where did you get all that proppery? Did you make it yourself?

Need that Casual Medic Here, stat.

Edited:

Looks great! Can you get this to replace the Brass Beast?

.....or any other minigun for that matter...and if this ever got in game, i would immediately give you all my moneys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    502 Posts
    Irony, I just got done making a screensh-oh wait i'm still not supposed to have it NEVER MIND
    Heh, it's okay. When I did the first test of the map, I posted in the emporium offering those who just wanted a crappy unfinished version to do poses in and stuff, to go ahead and quickly grab one.

Though I should point out, things have changed since the version you have.

The hospital has better window textures and 3D brush frames. The BLU spawn was completely rebuilt and looks nothing like the old one. Even the baboon heart is different and has a pumping animation now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    Does this mean the pack is close to release?
    Yes and no. We're roughly halfway done, I'd say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,963 Posts
    Good enough icon?

I had to flip it for the rather large detail to be shown.

I'll probably make an image with a few of the other icons I did for preview/feedback purposes later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,941 Posts
    So I was thinking of making the canister (more like a fucking barrel) that Dingodile from Crash Bandicoot has as a Pyro backpack replacement.

Shouldn't be too hard for my first model, right?

I love it when people make my dreams come true without even having to ask for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,102 Posts
    I was actually gonna make that backpack and the flamethrower, but never got around to it. Oh well.

I could make some other crash item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    Swapped from my original model to one based of the rod of asclepius as someone suggested, no wings, just one snake
    Needs some touching still
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    January 2010
    3,156 Posts
    That was quick! Looking pretty damned awesome.

Edit: You can pack it up with your Maintenance Essentials pack if you want. Since the pack also seemed to not have a secondary weapon, you could also use this design if you wanted, I don't really see too many Engineer secondaries in packs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,686 Posts

this had to be made because workshop browsers are blind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,270 Posts

You forgot the Griffin's Gog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,271 Posts
    You forgot the Griffin's Gog.
    It's right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts

You forgot the Engineer's default goggles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

13. Post #613
    September 2009
    3,426 Posts
    The Griffin's Gog is reflective, though?

Edited:

Forgot that was the item's name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,686 Posts
    The Griffin's Gog is reflective, though?
    god forbid another set of goggles have reflective lenses and a completely different shape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,270 Posts
    It's right there
    Hahaha, oh wow. Firefox decided to load like a quarter of the pic so I basically could only see the comparison with the Brainiac Google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #616
    March 2012
    78 Posts
    Would anyone make a quiet/normal walking sound version of the Bootie Time's sound?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,284 Posts
    more phong!
    I wanna see that metal shine
    Fixed! Thanks for the advice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #618
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,971 Posts

what's the other half of the battle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    September 2009
    491 Posts
    Any good ideas for a name for this saper? its a wireless radio sapper of sorts:

If the description helps you to find a name: ‹‹put engineers buildings to "sleep" with the sweet sound of deadly electro musical waves››
    Saboteur's 8-Sap Player?

20. Post #620
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,971 Posts
    The Badwater-gate Scandal
    The Convenient Coverup

21. Post #621
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,172 Posts
    Reminds me Valve guy...

Edited:

The Badwater-gate Scandal
    The Convenient Coverup
    What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

22. Post #622
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts
    The smoothing needs to be fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Saboteur's 8-Sap Player?
    I think The Track Record has pretty much been decided upon already.

I still think Voltaic Handheld Saboteur would be a great name, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,284 Posts
    The smoothing needs to be fixed.
    Blender wouldn't allow me to align it right so the eye and the mouth have some tiny errors with the normals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #625
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts
    Blender wouldn't allow me to align it right so the eye and the mouth have some tiny errors with the normals.
    No I mean the smoothing groups. Add an edgesplit modifier and mark sharp edges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,989 Posts
    I've finally mustered the self-esteem to pull around some devcolored chunks in the second total overhaul of my first and only map. I refresh facepunch and find this. Fuck you.

Also, where did you get all that proppery? Did you make it yourself?
    I made the privacy screens and the Ciggy Stop vending machine for this map, while other props were contributed by various members of the modeling community, some on here even.

27. Post #627
    April 2011
    24 Posts
    today i found this ......

not the loch n load .... the animations it's for an smg that's not in the game
    i was thinking maybe it's a mod that i downloaded but i deleted every mod in my game
    and it's still there
    Yeah, I saw that when I was on a randomiser server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,686 Posts
    You're supposed to know. You can't know the other half of the battle without knowing, which is the first half of the battle. If you have knowing at your disposal then you have the other half at your disposal as well. If you don't know, then you won't know, y'know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,347 Posts
    normals? you have a normalmap? seems awefully pointless, a good phongmask is usually all you need

Edited:

i'd lower the phong exponent a bit, maybe set it to about 15?

30. Post #630
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts
    normals? you have a normalmap? seems awefully pointless, a good phongmask is usually all you need
    Normals can mean more that one thing when it comes to modeling.

Edit: nvm

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,284 Posts

Edited:

i'd lower the phong exponent a bit, maybe set it to about 15?
    Uh... So how the hell do I add phong without a normalmap?

32. Post #632
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,347 Posts
    Uh... So how the hell do I add phong without a normalmap?
    put your phongmask in the alpha channel of your base texture instead of the normal and use

"$basemapalphaphongmask" "1"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,881 Posts
    I think The Track Record has pretty much been decided upon already.

I still think Voltaic Handheld Saboteur would be a great name, though.
    Kill-o-Hertz or Killer Hertz is obviously supeior. Because hertz->radiowaves->vibrations->resonance->destroyed buildings
    Also!
    wikipedia posted:
    Band name:Low frequency
    Abbr: LF
    ITU band:5
    Frequency and wavelength in air:30–300 kHz(KiloHertz)
    10 km – 1 km
    Example uses:Navigation, time signals, AM longwave broadcasting (Europe and parts of Asia), RFID, amateur radio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,686 Posts
    Kill-o-Hertz or Killer Hertz is obviously supeior. Because hertz->radiowaves->vibrations->resonance->destroyed buildings
    Hush, you'll attract the attention of pie_tony with all this talk about Hertz!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    God damn modelling is excruciating work, I don't think I could take the time to make something that looks good. :<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Um, yes. The use of the word kilohertz is relevant to the item. So are the words in all the other name suggestions. They would be pretty shitty puns if they weren't. What's your reasoning?

Furthermore, I think Kill-o-Hertz would be a worse choice than most of the other suggestions, even some that weren't mine. Kill-o-Hertz is a decent name in itself, but it could work for any electricity-based item. The concept of a tape recorder sapper is pretty unique and opens up a lot of new pun possibilities that we probably won't have a chance to use again. It would be wasteful not to pick one of them.
    Furthermore, Kill-o-Hertz would fit better on a weapon, as the sapper isn't actually used to kill anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,284 Posts
    God damn modelling is excruciating work, I don't think I could take the time to make something that looks good. :<
    The time is really worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,958 Posts
    Not being an uncouth slack jawed yokel talking the sort nonsense attributed to a mentally handicapped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    I like "Kill-o-Hertz" name, I'll probably pick this one, though I am not very satisfied with this model, I guess its one those 1 out of 5 that don't come out good enough but I'll finish it just to get some experience with compiling sappers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

40. Post #640
    March 2012
    78 Posts
    Any good sniper(snaipah) rilfe skin out there?I really liked the clever girl but it is kinda broken(Jigglebones,mostly)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events