1. Post #401
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,399 Posts
    most of the early rolling stones albums were recording in a van. :)

Edited:

You rarely hear any "dirty" sounding things that are popular these days. It's a shame.
    Last "dirty" thing I heard on daytime radio was this. Great tune.

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    "only queers listen to the smiths"

fuck you you fucking lad cunt go back to calling women gammon or whatever it is you do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    My brothers' stupid girlfriend-"I like all types of music except for "record music""
    She says this while I'm listening to my records
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,828 Posts
    My brothers' stupid girlfriend-"I like all types of music except for "record music""
    Point out that if it weren't for records, music would never have taken off like it did, and that having been recorded on a record doesn't make the song any better or worse. It's still the exact same song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,686 Posts
    I'm fairly sure it would be funny to get her a modern record of one of her favourite bands. Although maybe your bro won't be too happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,536 Posts
    "Trying to convince Hannah that morissey is a true lege and one of the best britsh lyricist of all time is hard :( MORISSEY FOR PRIME MINISTER!"

His opinion is WRONG and INFALLIBLE and he deserves to be put to death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Dennab
    October 2010
    354 Posts
    I mentioned myself liking metal at air force cadets once and someone said "metal is shit, all the lyrics are like I killed you cause i love you screamed into a microphone".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

8. Post #408
    October 2011
    294 Posts
    "It takes more talent to be a hip-hop vocalist than a rock or pop vocalist"

She wasn't referring to the rhyming and actual writing process for rap/hip-hop (tons of respect for artists who are skilled and well-versed in that), she was referring to staying in key and such. Fucking. What.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #409
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,399 Posts
    Rappers don't really need to stay in key unless they're singing a hook or something really. Rapping is more or less just rhythmic talking that rhymes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,686 Posts
    Rappers don't really need to stay in key unless they're singing a hook or something really. Rapping is more or less just rhythmic talking that rhymes.
    Nobody "needs" to do anything to be more expressive. It's like how fast you rap or how great a range you have, doesn't matter if what you express isn't very good.

11. Post #411
    January 2012
    474 Posts
    Well, I just had a conversation with this person in my class, which finished with them saying, 'Breaking Benjamin is the savior of rock and roll.'

I mean I know that people have different tastes and opinions, but really, Breaking Benjamin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,448 Posts
    Alliteration automatically means you're going to be the saviour of rock n roll.

13. Post #413
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    One of my friends' acquaintances says that all music should be free because "He shouldn't have to pay for it." He also thinks that musicians shouldn't want to make money when they release a song/album. Being a musician myself, I laughed out loud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,614 Posts
    Can you play deadmau5 on your keyboard, he does good dubstep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    Doesn't deadmau5 have a dubstep song?

16. Post #416
    August 2010
    2,216 Posts
    "I hate modern music"

It's like every kid who likes dad-rock wrapped up in one sentence, don't understand how they manage to listen to only old music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #417
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    "I hate modern music"

It's like every kid who likes dad-rock wrapped up in one sentence, don't understand how they manage to listen to only old music
    I hate that. I really don't get how people can dislike music not for it's content but for it's release date.

18. Post #418
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I hate that. I really don't get how people can dislike music not for it's content but for it's release date.
    certain decades have certain sounds. certain people like certain sounds

find me a band active 1990-2012 which sounds like g-schmitt, indo neko, or d-day

19. Post #419
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    I agree but that's not really what I mean. For example certain people regard 90's Hip-Hop as the only good type of hip-hop but there are many current artists that sound like 90's hip-hop. Those people will still not even give those current artists a chance, even though they would probably like them, because they are not 90's rappers.

20. Post #420
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I agree but that's not really what I mean. For example certain people regard 90's Hip-Hop as the only good type of hip-hop but there are many current artists that sound like 90's hip-hop. Those people will still not even give those current artists a chance, even though they would probably like them, because they are not 90's rappers.
    you essentially just restated what I said

people who like old-school hip-hop aren't going to seek out new-school hip-hop

21. Post #421
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    you essentially just restated what I said

people who like old-school hip-hop aren't going to seek out new-school hip-hop
    I know their not. What I'm trying to say is this, if someone likes a certain sound that was prominent at one time then why should they not give an artist/band that uses the same sound but is making it in 2012 a chance?

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,686 Posts

find me a band active 1990-2012 which sounds like g-schmitt, indo neko, or d-day
    The 80s were pretty much the conflict between the old and the new.

Edited:

I know their not. What I'm trying to say is this, if someone likes a certain sound that was prominent at one time then why should they not give an artist/band that uses the same sound but is making it in 2012 a chance?
    Because things that were going on back then were real, where as now there's really not a whole lot of moving forward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #423

May 2012
    180 Posts
    "Im not listening to that music because the people that do are freaks"

Yea I walked away from that one.

24. Post #424
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    "Im not listening to that music because the people that do are freaks"

Yea I walked away from that one.
    I'm still iffy about visual-kei

some vk bands are really good but I can't take them seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #425
    March 2010
    1,158 Posts
    I would guess most people like that just prefer the original stuff over a modern imitation. I do agree though that people who only like one era of music should try to explore a bit more.

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,432 Posts
    -Last year I was in the car with my younger cousin when Back in Black came on, hen then asked if that was screamo music of the 80's

-I was listening to Metallica on my Ipod when my cousin (Same cousin mentioned above) said that it was old people music

-Some wigger friend of mine tried getting me to buy the new Odd Future album, when I told I didn't want to he said something about how I should stop listening to metal because it takes no talent or something

-In English some kid told me to come to the light side of music by listening to rap and his friend added "Yeah because its about fucking bitches and getting money"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,126 Posts
    my friend said liquid dnb and dubstep are the same thing..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,828 Posts
    I'm still iffy about visual-kei

some vk bands are really good but I can't take them seriously
    I know what you mean. It's fun to show people who've never seen a VK group before a picture of Versailles and ask what gender they think they are

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Dennab
    October 2010
    354 Posts
    I know what you mean. It's fun to show people who've never seen a VK group before a picture of Versailles and ask what gender they think they are

Edited:

they look like they just came out of final fantasy into the real world
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,448 Posts
    THat would be pretty awesome. I mean anime hair is fucking badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts

Edited:

The middle one is the dude, and the blonde next to him too. Not sure about the rest.

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,229 Posts
    I think they're all dudes but the one on the far left. Maybe she's just really old.

33. Post #433
    r. panda is a racist and vedi is mai husbando
    September 2010
    862 Posts
    Everyone in Versailles is male.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    Everyone in Versailles is male.
    For real? I never would have guessed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,268 Posts
    Last "dirty" thing I heard on daytime radio was this. Great tune.

Funny thing is I live about 20 minutes away from his neighborhood.

Edited:

Met some lass who tried to present herself as incredibly indie even though she knew only 5 bands by the sounds of it.

36. Post #436
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts

Edited:

they all look like dudes to me

the effeminity isn't what bothers me though

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,828 Posts
    For real? I never would have guessed.
    Yeah, all dudes

Slightly more many picture, although one of them refuses to look male ever

38. Post #438
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    nah they all look like dudes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

39. Post #439
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Versailles are pretty legit

40. Post #440
    February 2011
    945 Posts
    you know what's silly

when instead of just saying "i don't like <band>," someone has to go as far as saying "<band> isn't a <whatever genre it falls into that the person likes> band"

that sounds confusing but like here's an example: "slipknot isn't a metal band" instead of just "i'm a metalhead, but i don't like slipknot"

get over yourself, your pet genre isn't exclusive to the bands you like, every genre will have its mix of goods and bads

not really a big deal, just silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)