1. Post #41
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    -snipperoo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    October 2009
    9,189 Posts
    Suggestion: auto-remove trades where all of the items are greyed out, or even the items that you searched for are greyed out.

How annoying it is to search for a trade, only to find results where the item you want is greyed out.

Or you're looking through trades, and a good number of them have all the items greyed out, so the trade is useless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,297 Posts
    Suggestion: auto-remove trades where all of the items are greyed out, or even the items that you searched for are greyed out.

How annoying it is to search for a trade, only to find results where the item you want is greyed out.

Or you're looking through trades, and a good number of them have all the items greyed out, so the trade is useless.
    I find it helps judge what a realistic price the item is going for, so you can tell if the reason the other trades are still open is because they are asking for too much for the item
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #44
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,439 Posts

The item you were looking for is grayed out, graying out the rest. It helps you find what it sold for, the other items are actually there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    To whoever was complaining about colored text, it's really useful and nice sometimes such as here http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1175419

But I do agree, people abuse it way too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    i have a good suggestion that will hopefully benefit the site and its community

ban demo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    December 2009
    213 Posts
    I just toggled on effects to see what people do with HTML, my eyes are bleeding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

8. Post #48
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,504 Posts
    To whoever was complaining about colored text, it's really useful and nice sometimes such as here http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1175419

But I do agree, people abuse it way too much.
    Limit the amount of colors available to only ones that are somewhat important: white (default) and a color for each of the item qualities. There's no need for some people to make a goddamn rainbow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,375 Posts
    So I saw on some peoples reputation that admins remove negative rep because they don't have proof they did anything.

I want to report a guy for majorly scamming out of some of my best items I used to have. I really have no "proof", but if I ask him about it and try to take screenshots he will question me and ask why I am interrogating him (he's asked that in the past).

I wrote a note on his steam wall originally for him to see, but I wanted it to stay up so others can see and be aware of him. He deleted it.

Now I am wondering if I -neg rep him on outpost if it will just deleted like a lot of others. I really wan't others to know what he did and to try not making deals with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    So I saw on some peoples reputation that admins remove negative rep because they don't have proof they did anything.

I want to report a guy for majorly scamming out of some of my best items I used to have. I really have no "proof", but if I ask him about it and try to take screenshots he will question me and ask why I am interrogating him (he's asked that in the past).

I wrote a note on his steam wall originally for him to see, but I wanted it to stay up so others can see and be aware of him. He deleted it.

Now I am wondering if I -neg rep him on outpost if it will just deleted like a lot of others. I really wan't others to know what he did and to try not making deals with him.
    There's no such thing as negative reputation on Outpost.

11. Post #51
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,375 Posts
    There's no such thing as negative reputation on Outpost.
    Didn't there used to be?

And if there was, why in gods name was it removed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #52
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Didn't there used to be?

And if there was, why in gods name was it removed?
    Because it caused so much more hassle than the problems it "fixed".

13. Post #53
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,084 Posts
    I'm a cyan level donator and I like this site. Thanks to facepunch I bought a load of #30's right before the update hit and made a trade selling them for a bud each an hour after it hit, the first at the new price on the outpost! Which means I got SO MUCH HATE AND SPAM all over the trade.

So anyways here's a purpose to my post: I want blocking users to block users from posting on my trades, http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/44207 is an asshole, he posted "RIP OFF LOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA TROLLOLOLOLO right? or r u serious" three times on my trade here, I reported him with a good explanation and he didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I've also had a quick switch scammer try to steal stuff from me, I tried to leave -rep on his profile but it's disabled because apparently some idiots abused it (I then sent a bug report about it including that he was an asshole and tried to scam me) and haven't heard any news since.
    Overall:
    -good trading
    -mostly good attention to the community

(posted something about the mods not doing much which is wrong because I didn't personally see how much work they do every day)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    Snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    What a load of bullshit.
    Usually when someone gives you criticism (even if the wording isn't that good), it's better to explain in detail than just call them a liar. Otherwise, people tend to think less of you in the future...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    We work our asses off often doing over 100 reports every day, all for free as it's volunteer work. I don't recall ever seeing a report on that guy and I'll gladly ban him. And if someone tries to scam you, you need to have tons of evidence (pictures, chatlogs, and anything else). When you do, contact a moderator directly to solve the problem. Otherwise, the suspected scammer won't be punished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,343 Posts
    Remember when you said I'd be a mod ? Yeah.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    Remember when you said I'd be a mod ? Yeah.
    That's something I can't control and never could, as much as I thought I would. Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,084 Posts
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking right when I posted that, it's just me and my limited scope of the site, haven't been looking around enough to see you guys work. I'll try not to generalize next time.

And if someone tries to scam you, you need to have tons of evidence
    I did not have a ton of evidence which is why I was gonna keep it at "I can't leave negative rep"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

20. Post #60
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,439 Posts
    I'm a cyan level donator and I like this site. Thanks to facepunch I bought a load of #30's right before the update hit and made a trade selling them for a bud each an hour after it hit, the first at the new price on the outpost! Which means I got SO MUCH HATE AND SPAM all over the trade.

So anyways here's a purpose to my post: I want blocking users to block users from posting on my trades, http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/44207 is an asshole, he posted "RIP OFF LOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA TROLLOLOLOLO right? or r u serious" three times on my trade here, I reported him with a good explanation and he didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I've also had a quick switch scammer try to steal stuff from me, I tried to leave -rep on his profile but it's disabled because apparently some idiots abused it (I then sent a bug report about it including that he was an asshole and tried to scam me) and haven't heard any news since.
    Overall:
    -good trading
    -mostly good attention to the community
    -shit moderation, you have to be friends on steam with a mod to get anything done.
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (3 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (5 minutes ago)
    Suttles closed a trade (24 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (43 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (44 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (44 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager hid a post (53 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager hid a post (54 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager closed a trade (56 minutes ago)
    Mr.Rager hid a post (1 hour ago)
    Sneeza™ closed 748 trades (1 hour ago)
    Glubbáble ♥ banned SANIC HEGEHOG (1 hour ago)
    Glubbáble ♥ hid a post (1 hour ago)
    Night_Wing hid a post (1 hour ago)
    Suttles closed a trade (1 hour ago)
    Suttles hid a post (1 hour ago)
    Suttles banned kuzcojoe (1 hour ago)
    Suttles banned |XSS| Clown B>SALVAGED CRATES#40 (1 hour ago)
    Suttles removed some feedback (1 hour ago)
    DeMo promoted BroDuck| Quackin' & Swaggin' (2 hours ago)
    Pretender hid a post (2 hours ago)
    Suttles hid a post (2 hours ago)
    Sneeza™ promoted masQ (2 hours ago)
    Suttles hid a post (3 hours ago)

3 hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,823 Posts
    I don't care what it is.
    It annoys me.

You don't get a lot of use out of something that does this.
    This
    It's a big
    LOOK AT ME, COLOURS AND SHIT! LOOK AT IT!
    An option to dissable customization would be ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    So attention whore then.

23. Post #63
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    This
    It's a big
    An option to dissable customization would be ok
    There is one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    February 2011
    428 Posts
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1163478

If you're going to bring in trade customization like this site-wide then can we get an option to disable it (without using the disable effects option)
    Hmm, I think DeMo likes Rainbow Dash a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,375 Posts
    Because it caused so much more hassle than the problems it "fixed".
    But there is no chance for something to get fixed if you don't bother doing anything about it.

In my case I would -rep him for others to see and to be aware, and/or contact steam support which I tried 3 times but they never sent a fucking activation code to my email after I resent it countless times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

26. Post #66
    kawaii
    October 2011
    2,060 Posts
    There is one.
    People shouldn't have to disable a site feature just because of one user.

Just being able to disable that much trade customization would be nice instead of having to disable all effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #67
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    But there is no chance for something to get fixed if you don't bother doing anything about it.

In my case I would -rep him for others to see and to be aware, and/or contact steam support which I tried 3 times but they never sent a fucking activation code to my email after I resent it countless times.
    The thing about negative rep was, even if you reported someone and they were legitimately whatever you accused them of, they could just continue reporting their own rep and one of the mods (won't name any) would eventually remove it just so they would shut up. Really sad honestly, but then again I think it's good it's gone. Caused drama queen problems, spamming problems, rep 4 rep problems, the list goes on.

People shouldn't have to disable a site feature just because of one user.

Just being able to disable that much trade customization would be nice instead of having to disable all effects.
    You're right, but by that logic there shouldn't be any complaints, since it's only one user out of 15,000. (in the past day)

28. Post #68
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    You're right, but by that logic there shouldn't be any complaints, since it's only one user out of 15,000. (in the past day)
    It however appears the logic is incorrect though, DeMo pulls so much shit that would get anyone else banned, for example putting fake items in their trades to grab attention, then raping the site with an overkill of effects.
    It wouldn't be bad if it was a one off thing but DeMo does it all the time, I don't want to see fucking man mades with red borders spammed 20 times.

And I take back my comment on the overuse of coloured text, its not bad when its used correct but fucking rainbow text everywhere is annoying as fuck and apparently everyone thinks its the best thing since toasting bread to do.

Edited:

I tried once and it didn't let me.
    What a shit ban system, at least my mods can ban me on tf2r when they believe I've got out of hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    Snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,504 Posts
    What a shit ban system, at least my mods can ban me on tf2r when they believe I've got out of hand.
    Here on FP, mods can ban one another if another mod's account is compromised, but in the process it strips them of moderation ability so a compromised account can't just do that to every moderator.

I don't recall if it's possible for Garry to get banned by one of the moderators if he gets compromised, I don't remember if anyone's tried it.

Edited:

Let's not forget the rage banning. And the time she tried to sell CD keys. And how basically everyday DeMo breaks rule 1. And the constant absence of grammar. And the super old memes. Okay I'm done.
    If my memory serves me right, DeMo banned someone for not agreeing with a price on something because she doubled the price with the justification "It's my last one" when the two of them were already in the middle of a trade. It was posted on Reddit, I can't remember if it was posted elsewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    Has anyone considered contacting Sneeza about this thread so he can address some questions? He's the final authority on any changes to the site after all.

32. Post #72
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I don't recall if it's possible for Garry to get banned by one of the moderators if he gets compromised, I don't remember if anyone's tried it.
    They can't ban Garry, not after he upgraded to this version of vB.
    When they do it, it'll say he's banned but he's not, gotta love exceptions.

Edited:

Also:
    4:11 - Shadiko: ok im curious
    4:11 - Shadiko: can i try banning you
    4:11 - Reag~ ❤: go ahead

Silly shad, doubting me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #73
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    It however appears the logic is incorrect though, DeMo pulls so much shit that would get anyone else banned, for example putting fake items in their trades to grab attention, then raping the site with an overkill of effects.
    It wouldn't be bad if it was a one off thing but DeMo does it all the time, I don't want to see fucking man mades with red borders spammed 20 times.

And I take back my comment on the overuse of coloured text, its not bad when its used correct but fucking rainbow text everywhere is annoying as fuck and apparently everyone thinks its the best thing since toasting bread to do.

Edited:

I don't fuck with DeMo's stuff nor do I care about it, seeing as Sneeza has to manually do all of it for her(as far as I know) which means he's fine with it.

Regarding the "shit ban system" it's like that because in the past some mods have abused it and yeah.

Edited:

If my memory serves me right, DeMo banned someone for not agreeing with a price on something because she doubled the price with the justification "It's my last one" when the two of them were already in the middle of a trade. It was posted on Reddit, I can't remember if it was posted elsewhere.
    I've got a link around here somewhere.

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/com...gh_tf2outpost/

34. Post #74
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,017 Posts
    || posted:
    Regarding the "shit ban system" it's like that because in the past some mods have abused it and yeah.
    If this is about me then at least get your facts straight before saying anything. I banned 'Apple because he went mental and started threatening to demote me/permaban me because I simply did not want to be his friend (which I should have the right not to be his friend), then he permabanned me so Suttles unbanned me and I permabanned him until Sneeza could come online to sort the situation out. However Pretender unbanned him and he reperma'd me so thanks Pretender

Then Sneeza decided it was easier to let me go rather than the feud between me and 'Apple. This is the only side to it and frankly I've lost interest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    TBH if you guys didn't link me to one of her trades I would have never known of DeMo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    September 2011
    4,245 Posts
    I remember that girl. Every time I checked her trades, I was wondering how the heck she could get away.
    So she's Sneeza's gf.

vv

If I had something to recommend, it's graying out untradbale and ungiftable items from your backpack. Also being able to search a specific item with specific conditions: tradable, craftable, ect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    I chuckle every time I see hidden "Bookmarking" posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

38. Post #78

March 2008
    193 Posts
    This website is pretty much the first place I go to if I'm looking for a particular item. It has served me well since its release. Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    I remember that girl. Every time I checked her trades, I was wondering how the heck she could get away.
    So she's Sneeza's gf.
    That was a fucking joke... I would snip that before Sneeza sees it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    That was a fucking joke... I would snip that before Sneeza sees it.
    I don't think any of us give a fuck what Sneeza thinks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)