1. Post #521
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    But I am a dick, not much of an insult in my opinion.
    I think this might get confusing. Nevermind it got edited after I quoted it.

Fuck everyone editing everything, god darm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    June 2012
    46 Posts
    Are you saying voicing your opinion is wrong?
    No, voicing an opinion isn't wrong but calling other admins names on a public forum isn't treating other admins with, at the very least, professionalism. Which honestly, barely-tolerated professionalism is all I'm asking at this point.

Please, please, please let's just call a truce, okay? All this is doing is really stressing me out because in the end, I'm the one who has to try to fix all this. Please for the sake of my sanity let's just let this one rest.

Every large, respectable community on Steam who deals with any aspect of trading is welcome into the SteamRep community. As raffles do involve trades and therefore are susceptible to scamming, TF2R falls into this category. They support SteamRep and our mission to make Steam trading safer and they help us identify people in the community who are scamming- just as all of our Affiliate Communities do. :)

TF2Outpost also provides an incredible service to the Steam trading community and helps us immensely in identifying and tagging scammers as well. AceFortress does the same. I handle about 140+ scam reports a week. We need everyone in the community to work together in order to keep trading as safe as we can.

This is what scammers WANT us to do- they WANT us to fight amongst ourselves and not to work together. That way they can go to site to site and scam all they please. The more we work together, the more these scammers fail. Think of the community- they are depending on us to work together and keep them safe.

So let's put all this aside and move forward. I'll continue to work with the communities to help address the issues & get everything back where it needs to be. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 5Disagree x 4Agree x 3Zing x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    kawaii
    October 2011
    2,060 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    God you're so adorable, I could just eat you up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #525
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    No, voicing an opinion isn't wrong but calling other admins names on a public forum isn't treating other admins with, at the very least, professionalism. Which honestly, barely-tolerated professionalism is all I'm asking at this point.

Please, please, please let's just call a truce, okay? All this is doing is really stressing me out because in the end, I'm the one who has to try to fix all this. Please for the sake of my sanity let's just let this one rest.

Every large, respectable community on Steam who deals with any aspect of trading is welcome into the SteamRep community. As raffles do involve trades and therefore are susceptible to scamming, TF2R falls into this category. They support SteamRep and our mission to make Steam trading safer and they help us identify people in the community who are scamming- just as all of our Affiliate Communities do. :)

TF2Outpost also provides an incredible service to the Steam trading community and helps us immensely in identifying and tagging scammers as well. AceFortress does the same. I handle about 140+ scam reports a week. We need everyone in the community to work together in order to keep trading as safe as we can.

This is what scammers WANT us to do- they WANT us to fight amongst ourselves and not to work together. That way they can go to site to site and scam all they please. The more we work together, the more these scammers fail. Think of the community- they are depending on us to work together and keep them safe.

So let's put all this aside and move forward. I'll continue to work with the communities to help address the issues & get everything back where it needs to be. :)
    This.

WenJ is a corner right now, smiling. Ear to ear.

6. Post #526
    March 2012
    13 Posts
    I don't think getting pissy and banning people over saying rude things is very professional either, Just saying. But I'm done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #527
    June 2012
    27 Posts
    You guys really need to work out your problems in private. 90% of this thread is just one person complaining about another, over and over again.
    Sounds like every Internet forum ever honestly.

8. Post #528
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    I don't think getting pissy and banning people over saying rude things is very professional either, Just saying. But I'm done.
    There's a difference between doing this and getting a warning, and doing this and getting a bunch of friends to do the same thing.

What's bad is the most I ban for this is 6 or so hours, then you feel the need to go on an alt and spam some more.

Isn't this really obvious that this is wrong?

Reminds me of this kid who put a shock site in all his trades, then whined when he got banned saying "But it's not in the rules, you can't ban me. There's nothing wrong with posting links."

Like seriously, grasp on reality.

9. Post #529

April 2012
    10 Posts
    i have a screenshot of acesgamer calling suttles a dick offsite in a chat, are we going to get rid of his steamrep tags and ban him on outpost too?

So, you post one out of context line in order to draw attention to yourself and hopefully cause a shitstorm directed at things you personally hate. How about a full log, because I know for a fact you haven't been on Ace's list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    @suttles

What does that have to do with anything?

Sure Reag should possibly be a bit more comely with his words but he's British, what more can you hope for?

So, you post one out of context line in order to draw attention to yourself and hopefully cause a shitstorm directed at things you personally hate. How about a full log, because I know for a fact you haven't been on Ace's list.

But he is on my list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    How about we all chill down and relax. Perhaps eat some crumpets and tea?

Relax.
    Your popcorn will be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    233 Posts
    But he is on my list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #533
    March 2012
    13 Posts
    There's a difference between doing this and getting a warning, and doing this and getting a bunch of friends to do the same thing.

What's bad is the most I ban for this is 6 or so hours, then you feel the need to go on an alt and spam some more.

Isn't this really obvious that this is wrong?

Reminds me of this kid who put a shock site in all his trades, then whined when he got banned saying "But it's not in the rules, you can't ban me. There's nothing wrong with posting links."

Like seriously, grasp on reality.
    But this isn't happening on tf2op. If someone is on tf2op insulting tf2op, or posting dirty sites on tf2op then by all means ban them. But if you go somewhere else and see them saying rude things about you or tf2op it's certainly not a reason to ban them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I think ace means shadiko is on ace's list ace.
    Ace ace ace so many aces I'm going mad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #535

April 2012
    10 Posts
    -snip-

16. Post #536
    January 2007
    28 Posts

you guys are stupid reread the posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    I hate ace.

Ace can you stop fighting with ace?

Ace attorney was a great game, do you like it ace?

18. Post #538
    October 2011
    25 Posts
    Miles was better

19. Post #539
    kawaii
    October 2011
    2,060 Posts
    Full log doesn't exist. (I'm sure you wouldn't want to see a whole group of 4channy people talking anyways, it gets confusing and messy.) I won't go into detail about the whole thing, that's why I snipped my above post. It was just when he was trying to appeal to 4chan related groups thats all. It wasn't ever in a 1 on 1 convo, it was in the /v/ raffles group chat. He left the group the following morning because I'm sure he doesn't want to associate himself with 4chan.

20. Post #540
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Oh god please stop with the ace my head hurts.

21. Post #541
    June 2012
    46 Posts
    I'm down with that, Suttles.

Unfortunately, I have to put on my official SteamRep hat on now. I've talked to Reag, I've talked to Sneeza.

ENOUGH. If you are a community admin, DO NOT publicly insult/lie about/etc. another community admin. Period. If you do this, you will be in a conversation with myself, Diego (the owner/Head Admin at SteamRep), and the head admin of your specific community. At this point, I am going to institute a no-tolerance policy for this kind of behavior. I will be disseminating this to the rest of the SteamRep Community Admins shortly.

*Edit- If you have a problem with another community admin or another community, bring it to me. This is my job as Community Liason and I am here to help. Don't air the dirty laundry in public- bring to me so I can take care of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #542
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    Oh god please stop with the ace my head hurts.
    Sorry, I'm being a little bit of a ace.
    I really aced my test.
    I got all aces in that one game.
    Ace and ace aced their test.

23. Post #543
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    This is all pretty ace. I hope I ace my test on wednesday, though. So much pashto so little time.

ZA NA POHEEGUMMMM

24. Post #544
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    233 Posts

Unfortunately, I have to put on my official SteamRep hat on now. I've talked to Reag, I've talked to Sneeza.

ENOUGH. If you are a community admin, DO NOT publicly insult/lie about/etc. another community admin. Period. If you do this, you will be in a conversation with myself, Diego (the owner/Head Admin at SteamRep), and the head admin of your specific community. At this point, I am going to institute a no-tolerance policy for this kind of behavior. I will be disseminating this to the rest of the SteamRep Community Admins shortly.
    Thanks for this Helen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #545
    January 2007
    28 Posts

It's like I'm in the military all the time now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #546
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Sorry, I'm being a little bit of a ace.
    I really aced my test.
    I got all aces in that one game.
    Ace and ace aced their test.
    This is all pretty ace. I hope I ace my test on wednesday, though. So much pashto so little time.

ZA NA POHEEGUMMMM
    Jesus fuck stop it you two, I'm getting a migraine from reading this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #547
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    I know that I really have no place in this matter but I feel that since this thread always starts up in drama which gets in the way of development to some extent, That the easiest solution to the drama is to implement a standard protocol for admins/moderators. Each rule on the site should come with a per-determined banning time for each offense as opposed to arbitrarily deciding how long to ban based on current mood of the admins/mods. This won't solve all the drama but I think it can reduce a large portion of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #548
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    Oh god reading this made my day. This is great, keep it up. I'll be sitting here with some popcorn to watch more if it happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #549
    August 2009
    31,506 Posts
    Oh god reading this made my day. This is great, keep it up. I'll be sitting here with some popcorn to watch more if it happens.
    Popcorn is overrated, real men eat shards of glass and wood splinters.

30. Post #550

December 2011
    31 Posts
    hey helen
    when are you gonna reply to http://tf2r.com/f/threads/ask-a-stea...-steamrep.3469

just wondering

31. Post #551
    June 2012
    46 Posts
    I know that I really have no place in this matter but I feel that since this thread always starts up in drama which gets in the way of development to some extent, That the easiest solution to the drama is to implement a standard protocol for admins/moderators. Each rule on the site should come with a per-determined banning time for each offense as opposed to arbitrarily deciding how long to ban based on current mood of the admins/mods. This won't solve all the drama but I think it can reduce a large portion of it.
    This is a fantastic idea. I will definitely look into how we can do this.

Also, AcepilotF14, I sincerely apologize if you think my approach is too authoritarian. I'm generally very laid-back but this has gotten to the point where action must be taken in order to deescalate the situation. As you are familiar with the military, I am certain you can respect this course of action even if for whatever reason you choose to disagree with it.

As I stated before, you are more than welcome to discuss this with me privately.

Edited:

hey helen
    when are you gonna reply to http://tf2r.com/f/threads/ask-a-stea...-steamrep.3469

just wondering
    I sincerely apologize- I thought I had it set up where it would notify me if I had a reply. I will go there right now and thank you for sending it my way. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

32. Post #552
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    While I have to admit I enjoy drama, objectively, it's the best course of action.

I guess I left supervisor mode there for a while, but probably the best thing to do after that is not simply ignore it and try to figure out what the issue is between the communities, deal with it in private, and go on with it. Letting it fester will just end up with bans and bad tags.

Or we could do it all in here and have more fun. At least there aren't any ponies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #553
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    At least there aren't any ponies.
    Don't even start that ace. Everyone gets enough slack about that shit already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,450 Posts
    At least there aren't any ponies.
    Yeah, you do enjoy drama, huh.

35. Post #555

June 2012
    2 Posts
    tf2 hats real important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    tf2 hats real important
    did you jokingly type in "lolno" and it happened to be a real person lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #557
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    This post just totally made no sense to me at all am I missing something?

38. Post #558
    March 2012
    13 Posts
    What?

39. Post #559

June 2012
    2 Posts
    This post just totally made no sense to me at all am I missing something?
    I just made this account and I hit lolno in the name or some field

40. Post #560
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    The popcorn drama is delicious.

Oh man.