1. Post #81
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    Oh and you should be able to add pictures after you made a thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,096 Posts
    If I had something to recommend, it's graying out untradbale and ungiftable items from your backpack. Also being able to search a specific item with specific conditions: tradable, craftable, ect.

I find that the little gift icon is enough to tell me that the item I'm gonna put up isn't tradable but your second point is valid, searching by tradability would be cool and considering that it's already tracked (inferring this from the present icon) it'd be doable.

So here's an idea: I have not used the steam inventory trade search in a very long time because it breaks my browser. I'll start using it again when it becomes more like the tf2 backpack selection screen. What I mean by this is: Don't load the icons for all the games, give us every letter of the alphabet and if we click it then the section will expand and the games in that section will be displayed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

3. Post #83
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,518 Posts
    Oh another thing, can the highlight color when searching not be the same color as one of the item qualities that are frequently searched for (in this case, Strange orange)? I've searched for the wrong quality because my browser wasn't showing the quality names for some reason.

Nothing major, but it is a bit annoying when it happens. Maybe use one of the item quality colors that are not tradable at all, or one of the unused ones.

One of these could work:

#B2B2B2 - Used for Stock weapons (items of this quality are untradable)
    #70B04A - Used for Community and Self-Made items (items of this quality are untradable)
    #CD9B1D - Formerly used for Strange quality
    #8D834B - Unused Rarity2 color
    #70550F - Unused Rarity3 color
    #A50F79 - Developer quality (items of this quality are untradable)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    September 2011
    4,270 Posts
    To add to the color argument.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1140800

Can I report this.
    It kills my eyes.

One of these could work:

#B2B2B2 - Used for Stock weapons (items of this quality are untradable)
    Then that one dude with the Stock Yellow Belt will complain.
    Although if I had to pick one, I'd choose the former Strange quality color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    What exactly counts as extreme lowballing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #86
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,456 Posts
    What exactly counts as extreme lowballing?
    haunted item for 6 key))

1 rec for craft hat

3 keys for soldier medal

ect

7. Post #87
    Hng
    September 2011
    1,560 Posts
    can we ban demo yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    haunted item for 6 key))

1 rec for craft hat

3 keys for soldier medal

ect
    Would 7 scrap for an Ol' Snaggletooth count? If so, I have someone to report. (It's craftable, obviously)

9. Post #89
    August 2009
    31,456 Posts
    Would 7 scrap for an Ol' Snaggletooth count? If so, I have someone to report. (It's craftable, obviously)
    2 rec
    1 scrap

for a clean set hat

lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    You aren't going to be punished for making dumb reports (trust me, people think the report system is a messaging system sometimes), just report it and if it's viable to be taken care of/removed it will be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    August 2009
    31,456 Posts
    You aren't going to be punished for making dumb reports (trust me, people think the report system is a messaging system sometimes), just report it and if it's viable to be taken care of/removed it will be.
    this!

that smile is a obvious sign we are going to permaban him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I was going to file the report, but he hid his own post so I can actually file it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1177094

Here's the trade in question. I'm sure you guys can see all hidden posts.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I was going to file the report, but he hid his own post so I can actually file it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1177094

Here's the trade in question. I'm sure you guys can see all hidden posts.
    That's not extreme lowballing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    That's not extreme lowballing.
    I think it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #95

August 2011
    63 Posts
    I suggested that he said it was impossible to implement which I think is BS because unusual searches all have it.
    Ok so firstly, unusual search engines index data very differently to how I do it. In order to make TF2OP as fast as it is, I had to sacrifice some functionality. When items are added to trades, the only attributes that are actually indexed are the "game", "item index" and "quality". The rest is just stored in a separate column which isn't indexed at all. This means that I can't search through it programmatically, and if I tried to then it would literally crash the server (due to the size of the table).

Some sort of filter for uncraftables would be nice, either by toggling whether you see so see them at all like you can with games and unusuals or as a separate search classification like stranges.
    Again, this is actually stored in the unindexed column, making it hard to filter. This said, when you search there is a small snippet of Javascript that fades out all trades where the searched items have been deleted (because I can't do this database-side). If you'd like, I could actually perform the unusual effect search and the uncraftable/untradeable conditions there. I'd need to know if that idea is actually liked by everybody first, though.

I think when putting up a new trade there should be a "Search" thing. Lets say you wanted to find that one weapon in your bag, and you can't find it.

You click the text bar and type in "Eviction Notice" and it comes up, sort of like on steam
    You're an idiot.

>DeMo is Sneeza's GF

Ugh. Explains why she can get away with her shit. I don't think she actually plays the game either...

Hey, legit complaint, can showing off items with no intention of actually trading them be added to the list of bannable (temp. or perma.) actions? Or at least be close worthy? Guys like NukaColaBomb throwing out trades just to show off their shitty pony names bugs me.

If this gets added to the rule list I'll donate.
    I'm going to ignore the first part of that post. Also, I added a few rules earlier, this included.

It however appears the logic is incorrect though, DeMo pulls so much shit that would get anyone else banned, for example putting fake items in their trades to grab attention, then raping the site with an overkill of effects.
    It wouldn't be bad if it was a one off thing but DeMo does it all the time, I don't want to see fucking man mades with red borders spammed 20 times.

And I take back my comment on the overuse of coloured text, its not bad when its used correct but fucking rainbow text everywhere is annoying as fuck and apparently everyone thinks its the best thing since toasting bread to do.

Edited:

What a shit ban system, at least my mods can ban me on tf2r when they believe I've got out of hand.
    The way the ban system works is that staff with less authority can't ban those higher up. This means that the mods can't ban me, Wiki or DeMo, but I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #98

August 2011
    63 Posts
    Haters gon' hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    does anyone remember sneeza being a nicer person in the old version of this thread

me too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Maxime Lebled
    Dennab
    December 2010
    12,749 Posts
    -snip, i'm stoopid-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

21. Post #101

August 2011
    63 Posts
    Can you add an option to filter out trades with unusuals in them?
    It's already there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #102
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    I stand by what I said, and everything I've said about DeMo as well. She is a horrible person and needs to be kicked off the site, and even most of your fucking staff agrees with me and other individuals.

Regardless, thanks for adding the rule I requested. I'll toss you a few keys later as a donation to the site like I said I would.

does anyone remember sneeza being a nicer person in the old version of this thread

me too
    If you're referring to him (temp)banning me, that isn't him being mean, that's him fucking around and manipulating my language and use of words as an excuse to vent anger over the things I said about DeMo. He seems nice otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Haters gon' hate.
    I'm sorry but that's just dumb and abusing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    December 2009
    213 Posts
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/12557

Is it a keylogger or what ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

25. Post #105
    June 2011
    1,759 Posts
    If the super-slow bots on TF2WH are the more reasonable option than some admins on an entire trade site, you are very much doing it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    I'm sorry but that's just dumb and abusing...
    If he's banning me based on one small comment, it is. If he's banning me for all the other times I shit on him (and likely will continue to do so due to my opinions and feelings regarding the site, especially regarding DeMo), I can kinda get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,096 Posts
    So uh anyways, when can we have a steam inventory search that doesn't break every single browser?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

28. Post #108
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    So uh anyways, when can we have a steam inventory search that doesn't break every single browser?
    Works fine for me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109

August 2011
    63 Posts
    It would seem so, because people get hijacked soon after downloading that application. Not sure why anybody would even dare to, but hey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #110
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    It would seem so, because people get hijacked soon after downloading that application. Not sure why anybody would even dare to, but hey.
    I mean look man it's totally clean https://www.virustotal.com/file/3719...is/1333564844/
    0 / 42 detection ratio. I got 3 burning team captains already what are you waiting for? Download it before valve takes it down!!1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    For anyone silly enough to think it's a real program, it's not so don't download it as it steals your account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #112
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,096 Posts
    Works fine for me?
    It loads 1530 thumbnails on a single page If your computer doesn't hang for at least a few seconds then you're from the future.

here's how I saw it:

click A:, A expands, loading the thumbs inside.
    click A again: A closes, hiding the thumbs.
    and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts

me too
    I think that if you came into a thread about your site and you see people insulting you, your moderators and your site, you'd be pissed off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,518 Posts
    I think that if you came into a thread about your site and you see people insulting you, your moderators and your site, you'd be pissed off.
    All of the flak in this thread is focused 1 thing though: his judgement. Everything else in the thread has been suggestions for changes to the site such as search functionality and whatnot.

I've reread the entire thread and a bulk of the complaints are about DeMo being regarded as "above the law," for lack of a better phrase. The most visible reason why she has that power in the first place is because of connections, but when even the moderation team cannot step in, it's pretty obvious that it's either favoritism or some other ulterior motive. If there are other reasons for her being held to such high regard, they certainly are not evident ones; in that case, I'd like to hear some justification from the man himself.

Sneeza, it's fine and all that you have a girlfriend, but allowing favoritism to manipulate your decisions isn't the wisest of moves. It's going to bite you in the ass if you let it blind your judgement. Same goes for anger. Don't discredit every bit of negative feedback because you don't want to hear it. Lashing at people instead of fixing the problems that are brought up won't solve any of your problems; it'll actually make them worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,431 Posts
    I couldn't have worded it better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    July 2010
    425 Posts
    All of the flak in this thread is focused 1 thing though: his judgement. Everything else in the thread has been suggestions for changes to the site such as search functionality and whatnot.

I've reread the entire thread and a bulk of the complaints are about DeMo being regarded as "above the law," for lack of a better phrase. The most visible reason why she has that power in the first place is because of connections, but when even the moderation team cannot step in, it's pretty obvious that it's either favoritism or some other ulterior motive. If there are other reasons for her being held to such high regard, they certainly are not evident ones; in that case, I'd like to hear some justification from the man himself.

Sneeza, it's fine and all that you have a girlfriend, but allowing favoritism to manipulate your decisions isn't the wisest of moves. It's going to bite you in the ass if you let it blind your judgement. Same goes for anger. Don't discredit every bit of negative feedback because you don't want to hear it. Lashing at people instead of fixing the problems that are brought up won't solve any of your problems; it'll actually make them worse.
    Why can't I rate you winner any harder. In all seriousness Sneeza, TF2Outpost is a great site, but echoing what Pyscho said, you need to massively improve your judgement decisions. For example, giving me a temp ban because you're butthurt isn't the mature reaction (although I'll coincide most of my comments regard DeMo have not been the most mature, even if I fully believe them).

Properly reacting to criticism is central if you're the administrator of a site. You don't see Garry banning and being rectal ravaged at everyone every time some critiques his judgement/design decisions (so far as I'm aware).

37. Post #117
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,096 Posts
    You don't see Garry banning and being rectal ravaged at everyone every time some critiques his judgement/design decisions (so far as I'm aware).
    Heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    September 2009
    636 Posts
    If you'd like, I could actually perform the unusual effect search and the uncraftable/untradeable conditions there. I'd need to know if that idea is actually liked by everybody first, though.
    I don't think you'll find anyone who is opposed to the idea, as it is a great one. I strongly believe it's worth the time and effort to implement it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    December 2009
    213 Posts
    I think that 20% of users will be effect collectors, 80% scammers.

Am i the only one ?

Also there is tf2items and tf2trader premium accounts for that kind of search, right ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    I think that 20% of users will be effect collectors, 80% scammers.

Am i the only one ?

Also there is tf2items and tf2trader premium accounts for that kind of search, right ?
    Scammers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events