1. Post #401
    ❤Hazama❤
    April 2010
    790 Posts
    I own both P3 and P4.
    Haven't bothered finishing The Answer in FES yet though. About half way through. Will get to it eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #402
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Played P3P halfway through but I thinking about buying FES on PSN just to see everything in 3D and not in Visual Novel style.
    The battle system is significantly better in p3p. Feels absolutely horrid to go to FES battle system after finishing p3p.

Edited:

Don't get me wrong, the battle system isn't bad, it's just that p3p had lots of little tweaks that made it feel so much better, most of them added in retroactively from Persona 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,483 Posts
    The battle system is significantly better in p3p. Feels absolutely horrid to go to FES battle system after finishing p3p.
    I played P3P mostly with a AI controlled party and it wasn't so~ bad. Sometimes annoying (motherfucking Marin Karin) but not absolutely horrid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events

4. Post #404
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,044 Posts

Edited:

Don't get me wrong, the battle system isn't bad, it's just that p3p had lots of little tweaks that made it feel so much better, most of them added in retroactively from Persona 4.
    The only problem with the battle system for P3P was the co-op attacks felt kinda half-assed compared to stuff like Chie's Galactic Punt in P4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #405
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Really I think the difference between p3p and fes overall is that in p3p you can get by more on tactics and exploiting enemy weaknesses more than you can in fes, so in fes you have to grind more.

Edited:

I think i'm warming to Persona 3: The Answer and all its     time travel shenanigans    

Edited:

Decided to turn this into a bit of a marathon... i'll be streaming me playing FES. If anyone wants to drop in and see how i'm getting on, feel free.

www.livestream.com/jackaldschannel

6. Post #406
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Fighting a boss, we whittle him down to a sliver of health, metis gets a crit and he's down with only a tiny bit of health! YES! JUST FOLLOW UP WI- "marin karin!!!."

It obviously doesn't work.

He heals up.

Summons an enemy

Enemy murders us all

We lose boss fight.

I am going to fucking murder you, Metis.

Edited:

That feel when 2 hours on the same boss fight, and every time I lose it's because the AI slips up and does something retarded. I fucking hate you, Junpei, Yukari and Metis. You guys are the most retarded fucking party members ever.

7. Post #407
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    koromaru is best party member

(i still haven't played the answer please don't say if he's in it or not)

Edited:

also i saw p4a at walmart today but i couldn't get it because no money :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,308 Posts
    So I was reading the story for the characters on P4A and the end for Chie's story is just gold.    WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS       Akihiko: Your passion had a real effect on Labrys... You should be more proud. Chie: Master... Akihiko: A true man is only allowed to cry when he loses his wallet! Chie: Y-Yes, Master! Mitsuru: That's a rather shallow occasion for tears... ...Did something happen to you during your trip? Aigis: It's true that the mental scars one would face... if one lost one's wallet in an unknown land... halfway across the globe would be immeasurable.    ---    Labrys: I'm sorry for calling you here all of a sudden... But they told me we'd be leaving already... Akihiko: The follow-up is over, after all, our work here is done. Chie: I'm glad to hear that, Master! Mitsuru: ..."Master"? Akihiko: I told you to stop calling me that... Chie: No, you're my Master! Though... I gotta admit, part of me has just always wanted to say macho things like that! Mitsuru: ...But you're not a man. Akihiko: A true man isn't bound by his sex! Mitsuru: I-I see. My apologies. Aigis: Your leap of logic is so extreme it could reach the moon.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #409
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,905 Posts
    yes i would have preferred playing the game and reading the story

but thanks for posting the story here

really thanks man

much appreciated!!

[SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB] jk you jerk[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,115 Posts
    i like the rpg aspects of p3 but dislike the social link aspects of it

it's funny because for somebody else i know it's the complete opposite
    *waves*

I hate jRPG combat. A lot. I haven't played much of 3 or 4 because of it. The Social Link stuff is cool though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,308 Posts
    yes i would have preferred playing the game and reading the story

but thanks for posting the story here

really thanks man

much appreciated!!

[SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB] jk you jerk[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]
    Sure thing buddy! I don't have a PS3/X360 so I feel I am missing out on the game, but now nobody needs to feel that way!

[SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB]pls dont sue me[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,862 Posts
    Just finished Aigis' story.

Dat ending...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    393 Posts
    So I was reading the story for the characters on P4A and the end for Chie's story is just gold.    WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS   
    You should at least spoiler that, it makes me feel bad for uploading that pastebin in the first place...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,308 Posts
    You should at least spoiler that, it makes me feel bad for uploading that pastebin in the first place...
    :confused:
    I didn't? Sorry, I guess, but this part of the ending is, at the very least, spoiler-free.    Some aren't.   

Anyways, let's go back to P3P and how much it sucks to not control other characters.

My status so far (I forgot my phone at home):
    Lvl 31, 48h29m
    2 Maxed SLinks
    Academics/Charm/Courage: 5/5/4
    Now is 9/13 at night.

15. Post #415
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    I want to fuck Akihiko
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,257 Posts
    I want to fuck Akihiko
    Everyone does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,001 Posts
    I wanna bang dat FemaleMC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,257 Posts
    I wanna bang dat FemaleMC
    Get out of here straight boy.

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,185 Posts
    I wanna play a video game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    I want to bang Jack Frost whilst inside Teddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #421
    November 2010
    4,044 Posts
    I want to fuck Akihiko
    Threesome with him and Shinji.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    393 Posts
    Finally figured out how to rip the full body character images from the Gallery in P4A.

I put the link for all of them, as well as some other stuff at the bottom of the P4U pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/4e3U9j2S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,702 Posts
    neat thanks

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,308 Posts
    Persona 4: Fish Simulator

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    393 Posts
    A bit back the AR codes for Widescreen (shame the UI still stretches) and P4/P3 were found and I was doing some screwing around with different codes. Eventually I ran into this, and have quite a few pictures from p3 and p4 of these.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,862 Posts
    Finally figured out how to rip the full body character images from the Gallery in P4A.

I put the link for all of them, as well as some other stuff at the bottom of the P4U pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/4e3U9j2S
    http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showt...racter-Sprites

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    393 Posts
    Yeah, I have that link in the pastebin. He got most of the portraits and sprites before I did. I got the Backgrounds, CGs, Gallery stuff, new music, and Story out before he did. He also doesn't have the Gallery stuff, and you can see my post on the last page (Werin).

Edit: I uploaded a bunch of my old screenshots of the memory editing I was doing. Some of them I've posted in SMTG on /vg/ ages ago, but others I haven't uploaded before:

http://imgur.com/a/dNuIs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #428
    November 2010
    4,044 Posts
    Ok, so I just tried doing the bonus boss fight against    Theo    in P3P.

JESUS CHRIST IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.

Seriously, started the fight, hit him once with a basic melee attack. He responded with two Maragidynes in a row, each did 580 damage and I died. I'm level 99 so I've got the most health possible and the persona I was using had max endurance too.

Do I have to get a persona that's strong against every element to have a chance against him or something?

Edited:

Lmao the fight against    Takaya    on January 31st is a fucking joke when your whole party is level 99 and using the ultimate weapons.

Beat him in just three turns, and he only managed to do 60 damage to my party.

29. Post #429
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,257 Posts
    Boldly thrust your way into acceptance.

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,270 Posts
    Oh wow I started P3 just a few days ago and this thread pops up again.
    Neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

32. Post #432
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Oh wow I started P3 just a few days ago and this thread pops up again.
    Neat.
    Let us know your thoughts as you go. What ya up to?

33. Post #433
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,349 Posts
    I'm thinking of importing P4G solid gold premium edition from overseas to get those pre-order goodies, since eb games here(australia) hasn't listed any pre-order items :(

34. Post #434
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts

um

Edited:

aw it doesnt change the model

lame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    I'm thinking of importing P4G solid gold edition from overseas to get those pre-order goodies, since eb games here(australia) hasn't listed any pre-order items :(
    Solid Gold Premium edition, sir.

In case you were wondering what he was talking about, and since no has posted...

Just preordered mine off Amazon, it'll be the first collector's edition of a game I actually order.

Those preorder bonuses are pretty awesome, in my opinion. All it missed out on was a soundtrack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,349 Posts
    Thank you for correcting me good sir!

Edited:

I just tried pre-ordering it from Amazon, but Amazon said "no" :( I just hope EB Games here gets it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    November 2010
    4,044 Posts
    I just tried pre-ordering it from Amazon, but Amazon said "no" :( I just hope EB Games here gets it.
    Don't hold your breath. Atlus has a history of releasing stuff for Europe/Aus heaps later than everywhere else.

Seriously, P3P didn't come here until 1 year and 7 months after it was released in Japan and 9 months after America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,349 Posts
    That's a damn shame considering the handhelds are region free :(

39. Post #439
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,702 Posts
    heck I imported p3p just because there was just no information regarding it coming europe at the time.

Then a kick in the nuts it comes with more shit once released EU.

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,862 Posts
    Don't hold your breath. Atlus has a history of releasing stuff for Europe/Aus heaps later than everywhere else.

Seriously, P3P didn't come here until 1 year and 7 months after it was released in Japan and 9 months after America.
    And P4A still isn't out in EU either