The current system for making SNPC's isnt really meant for large creatures, and the dinosaur NPC's that have been made in the past suffer greatly because of this. My request is for a set of 2-3 Dinosaur SENTS/SNPCS that will use the dinosaur ragdolls found in this pack http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=3675 and use applyforce to make them walk around, while still maintaining a physical body. Ideally, I would ask for one bipedal carnivore, one sauropod, or four-legged long neck dinosaur, and one hadrosaur, or the duck-billed dinosaurs, because those should be able to walk on four legs and run on two. The aim here is making them as lifelike as possible. Thorough commenting of the code would also be appreciated, as I plan to modify these heavily later.
If anyone can produce these to my satisfaction and give them to me, I am prepared to offer that person $50.00, transferred via PayPal or redeemed in steam game gifts.
Some useful tips to anyone who might attempt this:
- Walking might be accomplished by converting Sestze's walker code over for use with LUA and modifying it. (I got his permission for this)
- Ragdolls don't collide with the world properly, props might need to be welded to feet in order to make it walk on the surface properly.
- Use welds or ball sockets between different bones to limit movement, which may help make it less spazzy or more lifelike.
- Nogravving all the neck, head, tail, (and arms for carnivores), will make them less of a hassle. They should be moveable later so don't just weld the whole body together. Carnivore arms can be welded since typically they wont be used.
- Dinosaurs only need to be able to walk forward, backward, and turn. No strafing is necessary.
- By default, they should walk around randomly, but please section the code that tells them to do things off so I can modify or remove it later. Eventually they will be able to be taken over by players, which I will code myself.
- Making the head look around and the tail swish would be nice, and though not necessary, it would save me some hassle.
- Each species (each ragdoll) will likely have vastly different requirements and characteristics, so each one should be its own entity in its own folder.
- Here I am only asking for 3 base templates, which I can later scale and apply to the other species's. The width and height of the stance, as well as step length and step speed should be easily changeable (such as in Seszte's code) to accomodate easy modification later.
If there are any further questions that need clarification, you need only ask. If I forgot anything here, tell me and I will correct it.