1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    This looks interesting, I liked eRepublik quite a bit, count me in on this. I read through the OP and a couple of posts on this page, is there anything that I should definitely be aware of? e-sim username is the same as here, AxisKiller.

2. Post #1242
    December 2006
    111 Posts
    This looks interesting, I liked eRepublik quite a bit, count me in on this. I read through the OP and a couple of posts on this page, is there anything that I should definitely be aware of? e-sim username is the same as here, AxisKiller.
    Sparknotes version of this thread so far:

What you should do

-Join South Korea
    -Don't mention Facepunch anywhere
    -Try to get a job at Glorious Foods/Grains (Ours), if you can't, get whatever else is on the market.
    -Train/Work everyday and try to fight if there are battles.
    -Save money for our mutual cause.
    -Only buy Q1 food, don't buy gifts, we are setting up ways to get higher Q food to our people for cheap.
    -Don't use starting tickets unless you have to.

What we are doing
    -Still deciding roles for everyone.
    -Trying to get our Lithuanians into Korea.
    -Debating the finer points of politics.
    -Being patient because we already upset the current regime in SK a bit.
    -Waiting (read: Being Patient) for Monkey11 to reach successful peaceful negotiations w/ current regime.

Other things you may consider doing:
    -Opening a newspaper and writing some articles.
    -Reading top articles to see whats going in the world.
    -Friending me in game so I can send you food contracts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #1243
    DVH

May 2010
    1,148 Posts
    Addendum:

[h2]Don't mention FP[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1244
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    I fired off a mail to Scientist2 about the FP companies like the OP said, since they weren't on the market at the moment. I'll friend you in a moment, though.

And there we go, in the food company. Thanks Scientist.

5. Post #1245
    Guys.. I've been thinking about something.

What if South Korea would indeed be ruled by that MU. What if their leaders really don't want the best for Korea? If that is the case they won't even help us if we would manage to get into South Korea. They would just leave or do their best to ruin our plans.

This is just a thought and just one of the possible scenarios to unfold but it does worry me.

6. Post #1246
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Well, the fact they do not want us in even if we help the Korean economy implies that they don't want Korea to be a "cool place", a territory that people would move into, like Lithuania at the moment. It's their base of operations, they want to keep it to themselves and they do not want foreign countries to want those territories.

The country is clearly ruled by an MU, more than 60% of the congress is part of the MU and let me quote something: "Elite Figters is part of Korea !"

Edited:

Also, I propose that the newspaper's name should be "Dear Reader Dairy"

7. Post #1247
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    Guys.. I've been thinking about something.

What if South Korea would indeed be ruled by that MU. What if their leaders really don't want the best for Korea? If that is the case they won't even help us if we would manage to get into South Korea. They would just leave or do their best to ruin our plans.

This is just a thought and just one of the possible scenarios to unfold but it does worry me.
    If they didn't want the best for Korea, where's the outcry? Where's the lament of a nation being used? Most of all, how would they get elected in the first place?

Even assuming that the people in power care only about themselves and not Korea, what would they do? Think how leadership in a country could be exploited. The impression I'm geting is that people think Korea is ruled by some Junta, when given the current mechanics of e-sim, that is not the case.

Edited:

Well, the fact they do not want us in even if we help the Korean economy implies that they don't want Korea to be a "cool place", a territory that people would move into, like Lithuania at the moment. It's their base of operations, they want to keep it to themselves and they do not want foreign countries to want those territories.

The country is clearly ruled by an MU, more than 60% of the congress is part of the MU and let me quote something: "Elite Figters is part of Korea !"

Edited:

Also, I propose that the newspaper's name should be "Dear Reader Dairy"
    They don't want us in because a giant wad of Lithuanians trying to get into the country seems pretty damn suspicious. See things from their point of view. They can't just take our word for it. Their country's independence could be at stake. They need proof of our sincerity. Something monkey is working on showing them as we discuss this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1248
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    There aren't many Korean citizens, and the majority of them is part of the MU. They get free Q5 food and Q5 weapons from the MU, they don't work locally, they just fight.
    The fact that they are not working at all means they are not concerned about SK at all. They are just stationed here.

Edited:

Also, I am in need of 170hp worth of gifts, could someone send me some?

9. Post #1249
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    There aren't many Korean citizens, and the majority of them is part of the MU. They get free Q5 food and Q5 weapons from the MU, they don't work locally, they just fight.
    The fact that they are not working at all means they are not concerned about SK at all. They are just stationed here.

Edited:

Also, I am in need of 170hp worth of gifts, could someone send me some?
    The reason they don't work there is because the Korean economy sucks. That's why strengthening the economy is one of our goals, so people have a reason to be a part of it. We're one of the few groups going into an economy while the rest are flying out. And in your previous post:

What is the logic here? Being part of a MU gives clear, established benefits. It gives needed organization in wars and damage bonuses. When you are responsible for your country's fate there's no reason not to have a MU loyal to the state, which is what "Elite Figters is part of Korea !" means. It's an expression of loyalty, not an expression of dominance.

10. Post #1250
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    I have created a new South Korean Newspaper.

It is called the Korean Communal Newspaper. It is a different style of newspaper, in that it features content and articles written by the public. Hopefully it will work out and not fail, as it requires people to become active with it. I would love if you all join and help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

11. Post #1251
    September 2010
    1,624 Posts
    Oh SHIT.
    I work for some Lithuanian company, paying me 13.3 LTL for my level 4 work experience, which is 0.50 LTL more than the current salary for that level, and the place it is located in, Silesia, was captured by Poland. What do?

12. Post #1252
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,590 Posts
    I know we said earlier that we should all have personal papers, but I kinda like the idea of having one big superpaper that we all work on instead. It would mean less chances of diplicate articles between papers and a more efficient workplace overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #1254
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    Lithuanians refrain from posting. Koreans only for now. Sorry but this is to ensure the newspaper remains a trusted source by native Koreans.

Aside from that, very well done. Bravo.

15. Post #1255
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Lithuanians refrain from posting. Koreans only for now. Sorry but this is to ensure the newspaper remains a trusted source by native Koreans.
    Yes this was my point all along. “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind”. Also, I thought it would be fun.

16. Post #1256
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    Oh SHIT.
    I work for some Lithuanian company, paying me 13.3 LTL for my level 4 work experience, which is 0.50 LTL more than the current salary for that level, and the place it is located in, Silesia, was captured by Poland. What do?
    There should be no problem. You should be able to still work there.

17. Post #1257
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    It looks like the UK is aspiring to be Great Britain again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #1258
    September 2010
    1,624 Posts
    There should be no problem. You should be able to still work there.
    It tells me that I can't work for a company not located in my country.

19. Post #1259
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I'll also be level 9 tomorrow, could've spent more money on Q5 bread but decided to save it for when we migrate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1260
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    It tells me that I can't work for a company not located in my country.
    I guess you'll just have to get another job then. Sorry. That's war for you.

21. Post #1261
    July 2007
    787 Posts
    Shit sux why am I taxed 50% on my wage in lithuania, supposed to make 13.3 $ end up making 6.65. wth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #1262
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,338 Posts
    Can people see what newspapers we vote on/who voted on what newspapers?

Edit: Also, the guy with the korean newspaper should probably remove his Lithuania friends, or they might get suspicious.

23. Post #1263
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,288 Posts
    Yeah, it says my job is no longer in my country as well... and the wages went down by about 1 LTL.

24. Post #1264
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    Shit sux why am I taxed 50% on my wage in lithuania, supposed to make 13.3 $ end up making 6.65. wth
    You must be working at either a Stone, Defense System, or Hospital company. Those ones have income tax at 50%.

Everything else is fine.
    Income tax info here: http://e-sim.org/countryEconomyStatistics.html

Edited:

Shit just got real.

25. Post #1265
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    It looks like Lithuania's about to lose a lot of power.

26. Post #1266
    I have been monitoring the situation since the start and i think they lost the war right after they figured it would be a good idea to attack Poland. If they where smart they would have allied polen.

Edited:

I know that's easy to say afterwards but Polen has a huge playerbase.

27. Post #1267
    April 2009
    2,230 Posts
    First now do I realize what a great choice Greece turned out to be.

28. Post #1268
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,150 Posts
    Well, I'm over level 8 now. Still going day by day but getting better as my job is pretty good, can afford Q2 food and weapons most days.

Hopefully I may have some nice skills for when the time comes to move over and help you guys where it's needed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,114 Posts
    My wage has dropped by 1.00 LTL in 2 days. Arrrrggg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #1270
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,338 Posts
    Even though the average wage for my skill level dropped by like 1-2 LTL, my employer decided to not fire me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

31. Post #1271
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,114 Posts
    I lost my first job because they ran out of money, and my second because they ran out of resources.

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,483 Posts
    Sorry I havnt been on most of the day. Friday before 3 monday midterms means a lot of reviewing, homeowork etc. After monday, e-sim will have my full dedication (even more so than it does now).

I have created a new South Korean Newspaper.

It is called the Korean Communal Newspaper. It is a different style of newspaper, in that it features content and articles written by the public. Hopefully it will work out and not fail, as it requires people to become active with it. I would love if you all join and help.
    Question, Why publish other peoples articles, when they could publish them themselves?

Edited:

I know we said earlier that we should all have personal papers, but I kinda like the idea of having one big superpaper that we all work on instead. It would mean less chances of diplicate articles between papers and a more efficient workplace overall.
    Disagree, it makes us appear way too hive mind. It's basically a silly little mode of segregation, that will put off everyone else.

Edited:

And my employer loves me. Increases salary about once every other day, and didnt cut me back at all.

33. Post #1273
    July 2009
    4,675 Posts
    It's still an uphill battle for Poland and her allies. Lithuania is still allied with other nations that have conquered other areas. Turkey, UK, Russia, Indonesia, Italy, Bulgaria, just to name a few.

34. Post #1274
    July 2007
    787 Posts
    10 gold already. This is not erepublik. eh

but for real I still like erep more eh eh, if it weren't for you guys that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1275
    September 2009
    773 Posts
    Question, Why publish other peoples articles, when they could publish them themselves?
    Saves gold, lets people who aren't level 7 attempt to put some humour into the media.

If people want to have their own newspapers (which they will, eventually, as I see it) so be it.

36. Post #1276
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,483 Posts
    Saves gold, lets people who aren't level 7 attempt to put some humour into the media.

If people want to have their own newspapers (which they will, eventually, as I see it) so be it.
    Most people who care enough to write a decent article are also willing to shell out the measly 2G. However I think if he made his columns anonymous, that would actually be something interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1277
    March 2010
    50 Posts
    Just reached level 7 and got me that gold, should I give it to anyone in specific or just hold on to it for now?

38. Post #1278
    DVH

May 2010
    1,148 Posts
    Just hold on to your gold for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    It's still an uphill battle for Poland and her allies. Lithuania is still allied with other nations that have conquered other areas. Turkey, UK, Russia, Indonesia, Italy, Bulgaria, just to name a few.
    The question is if they want to even stay with Lithuania. Once the alliances end they might think they're not worth staying with.

40. Post #1280
    DVH

May 2010
    1,148 Posts
    And I don't think Lithuanians (RL) are that big a group in E-Sim, let alone eLithuania. So we might expect a large pop deflation if a lot of land falls.