1. Post #201

April 2011
    42 Posts
    The longer you set the respawn time, the more people will be pissed off. For the anti prop kill: it WILL screw genuine players over. Think of the dozens of implications if your prop is nocollided every time you move it too fast. It would be terrible!
    Only thing that really piss off is a to get robbed every minute by the same people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,126 Posts
    Yeah but 20 second respawn time will only make the player more pissed off but equally set on getting revenge if not more when he comes back. I still want spawning as hobo when you die and being forced to stay hobo for 2 minutes. Because then you start as a class with no ability to spawn weapons, while still being able to move around in the world rather than just waiting on a blacks screen, and people have the chance to take your job while you're hobo (which for the record I don't think is a bad thing at all since it prevents monarchies and makes proper assassinations actually have a roleplaying impact on the game).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #203
    November 2011
    501 Posts
    Just going to toss in my say on DarkRP.

I think when Garry created Garry's Mod, he intended that it would lead to the development of exciting and creative gamemodes. Yet he was probably disappointed when he realized that the majority of the player base for gmod would be playing DarkRP, which is not properly designed to encourage players to role play properly. As an ex-darkRP host, I can tell you first hand that the player base is horrible. Running a new darkRP is exactly as fun as running a daycare (which it basically is because most DarkRP players are 12 year olds anyways). Playing on darkRP encourages players to troll rather than play fairly.

Because it's played by so many players, darkrp has not only ruined gmod's online gameplay, but also it's gamemode development. So many gamemodes with great potential have been scrapped because they simply don't populate servers. Players would rather play this poorly designed gamemode, listening to screaming kids and fighting prop killers, than something with much more potential.

This is why I think DarkRP needs to go for Gmod 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #204

April 2011
    42 Posts

I think when Garry created Garry's Mod, he intended that it would lead to the development of exciting and creative gamemodes. Yet he was probably disappointed when he realized that the majority of the player base for gmod would be playing DarkRP, which is not properly designed to encourage players to role play properly. As an ex-darkRP host, I can tell you first hand that the player base is horrible. Running a new darkRP is exactly as fun as running a daycare (which it basically is because most DarkRP players are 12 year olds anyways). Playing on darkRP encourages players to troll rather than play fairly.

Because it's played by so many players, darkrp has not only ruined gmod's online gameplay, but also it's gamemode development. So many gamemodes with great potential have been scrapped because they simply don't populate servers. Players would rather play this poorly designed gamemode, listening to screaming kids and fighting prop killers, than something with much more potential.

Player base is horrible because of stupid server owners who afraid to ban kids and retards because in this case his server will lose popularity.
    No one forces peolpe to play one gamemode and don't play other. They play DarkRP because they like it. They dont play "many gamemodes with great potential" because they dislike it. Simply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts

I think when Garry created Garry's Mod, he intended that it would lead to the development of exciting and creative gamemodes. Yet he was probably disappointed when he realized that the majority of the player base for gmod would be playing DarkRP
    And I don't give a fuck.

which is not properly designed to encourage players to role play properly.
    Vague statement. This is as vague as saying "Garry's mod was not designed to play properly". It means little to nothing.

As an ex-darkRP host, I can tell you first hand that the player base is horrible.
    Even if you believe that, it really wouldn't be DarkRP's fault. I don't script the players, I script the gamemode.

Running a new darkRP is exactly as fun as running a daycare (which it basically is because most DarkRP players are 12 year olds anyways). Playing on darkRP encourages players to troll rather than play fairly.

Because it's played by so many players, darkrp has not only ruined gmod's online gameplay, but also it's gamemode development.
    This is a childish tantrum about how DarkRP ruined Garry's mod in its entirety. At this rate I expect to find a sequel to this post which says DarkRP ruined your whole life.

So many gamemodes with great potential have been scrapped because they simply don't populate servers. Players would rather play this poorly designed gamemode, listening to screaming kids and fighting prop killers, than something with much more potential.
    I like how you're implying that the DarkRP player base is masochistic and that they feel undeserving of "better" gamemodes than DarkRP.

Not going to happen.

You're just going on a rant. You want DarkRP to go away, yet your reasons are either childish, vague or both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree x 7Dumb x 4Winner x 3Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    October 2009
    5,606 Posts
    you know what exactly dark rp needs?

sexy VGUI

nothing else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    November 2011
    501 Posts

You're just going on a rant. You want DarkRP to go away, yet your reasons are either childish, vague or both.
    It's difficult to write a response when people have already gone ahead and rated you dumb anyways.

But I'm still hanging on to my opinions on this because there is nothing wrong with bringing up a point which is important even though you really can't put it without sounding harsh.

So keep in mind that I'm not trying to be an asshole, just trying to make a point.

This is a childish tantrum about how DarkRP ruined Garry's mod in its entirety. At this rate I expect to find a sequel to this post which says DarkRP ruined your whole life.
    Maybe you might consider it a stretch that the gamemode you picked up from ruins could have ruined an entire game community.

But at the very least I remember spending hours on hours trying to keep my DarkRP server populated. When I first started up my server, I had a strict policy against trolls and other griefers. My ideal community was supposed to be filled with casual, laid back regulars with common sense and creativity. Instead, I realized getting this kind of community was impossible. I spent about 99% of the time chasing down rule breakers, knowing that RDMers and prop killers would scare away some of the server's population. I later found out that it was also difficult to keep my server populated when I strictly kicked/banned blatant rule breakers, because when I didn't allow my server to RDM or troll to some degree, I was actually taking away from what most of the players wanted to do. To me this was a complete shell shock to witness so many different players with the same childish and stubborn mentality. When my community tried to find a new gamemode to play, we couldn't. There was literally not one gamemode that populated servers anymore. Trouble in Terrorist town was as good as it got, and for the most part most TTT players prefer to stick to the community they already fell into. I browsed the Gamemodes forums for a while, and every gamemode was the same story. The developer had a new and exciting idea, but once it got out there nobody picked up interest and the idea died.

Both my DarkRP and TF2 servers were popular. But it was so much easier (and fun) to run my TF2 server than my darkRP. Every time I got home from work the thought of joining my own DarkRP server made me cringe. And I know a few ex-darkrp server owners who had thought the same way, too.

You're right, to say DarkRP ruined GMod is a stretch. All you're doing is scripting a gamemode based on the communities needs. But it just feels that instead of working on quality servers or gamemodes, server owners are picking darkRP because it's easy to modify, already widely used, and is overall the easiest way to create a community to have power over, mostly because DarkRP is the easiest kind of server to populate. But at the same time this choice really does nothing to benefit Facepunch or Garry's Mod. We're looking to make a community which works together to create something impressive and that's just not happening. So when Garry comes around with a new GMod which is designed not to break gamemodes after every update, we've been given the opportunity to create those opportunities.

I don't feel that I need to sit here and debate how effective GMod13 will be or whose fault it was that all of those gamemodes died or etc., these things are a matter of opinion. I don't think my idea is "the one right answer" and I don't think I deserve to be ridiculed for making it. So please don't jump to an opinion of me or my post without thinking my post through. You don't have to agree with me, but it would be nice if you at least didn't kick me to the curb because I disagree with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    The reason why I was cynical and harsh was because your post was filled with fallacies and slogans (DarkRP needs to go, DarkRP ruins gmod etc.).
    I replied to your post almost sentence by sentence. This nullifies your claim that I jumped on an opinion without "thinking" your post through.

The freedom in DarkRP is both its merit and its curse. It allows you to do great and fun things, and fill in your own gameplay style. The curse is that this gameplay style can also negatively affect others. The dilemma that I'm in is either creating antiminge measures and restricting the overall freedom, or leaving the freedom intact and allowing the minging. The most beautiful example is an anti prop kill script: either people can still prop kill, or the genuine players get fucked or both.

In this thread I'm searching for ways to avoid this dilemma. To find gameplay mechanics that limit minging without fucking the genuine player over.

Your post is just a huge complaint about how there are too many minges in DarkRP and that you can't prevent it or you'll be without players. I'm not denying that this is happening, but I'm not getting any good ideas from you on how to improve on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    TCX

February 2012
    15 Posts
    One word : NO! Stop protecting it. DarkRP is quite old and there's no RP in it. It has "prop-lympics" - prop - surf games. The ceator himself says that he's a minge. DarkRP has to die and I think Gromitooth is right.
    Guess what some ppl don't enjoy hardcore rp (like myself). We enjoy being able to try and make more money by doing jobs and trying to think of fun new ways to play the game. Darkrp isn't rly about rp, it's for ppl who don't take videogames as serious of life.

Edited:

Guess what, if gmod is about exiting gamemodes then it's not about roleplay. Most ppl can't tolerate some of the bordome in a serious rp server, darkrp is more exiting. Ppl have diff opinions about it bt darkrp WILL go into 13 because of ppl like me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #210

April 2012
    64 Posts
    Guess what some ppl don't enjoy hardcore rp (like myself). We enjoy being able to try and make more money by doing jobs and trying to think of fun new ways to play the game. Darkrp isn't rly about rp, it's for ppl who don't take videogames as serious of life.

Edited:

Guess what, if gmod is about exiting gamemodes then it's not about roleplay. Most ppl can't tolerate some of the bordome in a serious rp server, darkrp is more exiting. Ppl have diff opinions about it bt darkrp WILL go into 13 because of ppl like me
    Despite your horrifying grammar, you hit it right on the head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #211
    January 2012
    24 Posts

Edited:

This ties back into the "CORE vs CASUAL" gamer argument, which rampaged across Facepunch a good while back. We can sit here and argue which is better, but it will always be a separation between those who simply want to play on their free time, without a care in the world, and those who want to have a serious gaming experience. We'll most likely end up with a locked thread after a while and our arguing would have been for nothing. So my recommendation now is to simply stop with this "CORE vs CASUAL" fight, as we've had it so many times whenever a new script comes out, or a new DarkRP thread like this; even at times in the new Clockwork thread I saw it coming out. We can't sit here arguing a point that has been beat into the ground over and over because if we do we'll separate ourselves even more and will not be able to come back together in the future. If we build up this wall between the types of gamers we'll have such a difficult time exposing new gamers to both sides, to see which they would enjoy more. I just believe we have to stop before it becomes another useless locked thread in which all you'll see is a flamewar or something towards that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    Somewhat related:
    http://code.google.com/p/darkrp/source/detail?r=1179

The icon layout was the default layout for FAdmin, you know, this one:

It's gone and replaced by the row layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    June 2012
    302 Posts
    When I ran a DarkRP server, there were four classes:
    Unemployed, you didn't receive a salary of any kind.
    Citizen, you received $50 salary.
    Faction Member, you received $75 dollar salary and had a wider variety of player models to choose from, from police to gangsters and beyond.
    And finally, Merchant, which sold pretty much every SWEP available on the server (Faction members didn't spawn with arrest batons, and there was no teleporting to jail or such. Since the server was oriented around different factions rising to power and such, I wanted to make getting captured more difficult.)
    I gave people no goals at all, I just wanted them to inform me or one of my "roleplay supervisors" [fancy term for admin I used] if they were going to do something like roleplay as a serial killer or something similar to that, and people usually respected us for trying to be open to the idea and stopped if people started complaining or if it got out of hand. My server wasn't that populated, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #214

July 2010
    17 Posts
    In my opinion DarkRP is a great gamemode, it's not too serious and it isn't to slack if ran properly by the server host. People are getting all angry at FPtje, complaining about what should be done, how it's such a shit gamemode. Why don't you make one? Why don't you go and code a gamemode better then this? One answer, you can't. So before you start complaining about someone else's creation, sit back and think "Could I actually make something like this, or better?" If the answers no, don't say anything.

Positive criticism will always be helpful, in my opinion all DarkRP needs as a whole is a new VGUI, everything else is good to go.

Aswell, why would you complain that his gamemode is to easy to set up? How is that a bad thing..

/rant over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    In my opinion DarkRP is a great gamemode, it's not too serious and it isn't to slack if ran properly by the server host. People are getting all angry at FPtje, complaining about what should be done, how it's such a shit gamemode. Why don't you make one? Why don't you go and code a gamemode better then this? One answer, you can't. So before you start complaining about someone else's creation, sit back and think "Could I actually make something like this, or better?" If the answers no, don't say anything.

Positive criticism will always be helpful, in my opinion all DarkRP needs as a whole is a new VGUI, everything else is good to go.

Aswell, why would you complain that his gamemode is to easy to set up? How is that a bad thing..

/rant over.
    Having the gamemode easy to set up is a bad thing. If it's easy then there will be (and they are already) thousands of servers ran by immature kids. This is why it should be hard to set up, it should require some experience.
    Look at Tiramisu. It's a fantastic gamemode and it's hard to set up so if they are any Tiramisu servers out there, they are ran by mature people who want to make a serious community. This is why the gamemode should be harder to set up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    852 Posts
    New Garry's Mod, new ideas. It wouldn't have killed if the UI was tided up a little and a new name. Heck it would be better if you improved the job system. Everyone's played DarkRP, and it's like chewing gum... It eventually tastes like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,126 Posts
    It would be neat if you were able to come up with some professions that were objectively useful.
    As in, they offer services that other players actually need. It's very boring to play classes that sell stuff that nobody wants to buy, that heals while nobody wants to buy health, or helps with stuff you can easily do yourself.

Right now, the most useful professions are Civil Protection, Mayor, Mobboss, Gangster, and Gundealer. If you don't play one of these classes in DarkRP, you are very likely to have no purpose to fulfill in the game and very quickly end up bored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    Good point simski. Not all the jobs have a really helpful use to the overall gameplay. But people do like the freedom of 'doing what they want' knowing that the whole game doesn't rely on them if they say, want to go afk or just can't be fucked doing anything.

Perhaps the use of promotions in the jobs would help better. So once they have played one role for a certain amount of time and the next playerslot is free, they have the ability to get the next job..
    For instance:

Civil Protection Officer > S.W.A.T > Civil Protection Chief > Mayor
    Gangster > ? > Mob Boss
    Waitress > Chef
    Small arms dealer > Heavy Arms dealer.

Just an idea anyways..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #219
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    It would be neat if you were able to come up with some professions that were objectively useful.
    As in, they offer services that other players actually need. It's very boring to play classes that sell stuff that nobody wants to buy, that heals while nobody wants to buy health, or helps with stuff you can easily do yourself.

Right now, the most useful professions are Civil Protection, Mayor, Mobboss, Gangster, and Gundealer. If you don't play one of these classes in DarkRP, you are very likely to have no purpose to fulfill in the game and very quickly end up bored.
    Some jobs were added to add some more fun in DarkRP. The hobo, for instance, has no use at all. People somehow find it hilarious to throw poop around though, and some never get bored of it.

Edited:

Having the gamemode easy to set up is a bad thing. If it's easy then there will be (and they are already) thousands of servers ran by immature kids. This is why it should be hard to set up, it should require some experience.
    Look at Tiramisu. It's a fantastic gamemode and it's hard to set up so if they are any Tiramisu servers out there, they are ran by mature people who want to make a serious community. This is why the gamemode should be harder to set up.
    If I make DarkRP hard to set up, people will either use sandbox or an older version of DarkRP. Making DarkRP harder to set up is nonsense and not a feasible option to solve any problem.
    Unless the problem is the popularity of DarkRP. Making DarkRP shit (hard to set up) surely fixes that problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,126 Posts
    Some jobs were added to add some more fun in DarkRP. The hobo, for instance, has no use at all. People somehow find it hilarious to throw poop around though, and some never get bored of it.
    I really like the Hobo, but aside from the Hobo and a few other classes that are just for messing around, I think there needs to be more classes that could offer services that other players would need. There really needs to be more useful non-criminal professions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    Mm, its nothing that people can't add simply themselves, like builder or paramedic or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,126 Posts
    Perhaps, but I'd enjoy if there were more jobs supported by gameplay mechanics. Then again this is a minor complaint really, not an urgent matter just something good to keep in mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #223

March 2012
    11 Posts
    Guys, this stuff would not happen if this was instead put on the Steam Workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

24. Post #224
    February 2012
    168 Posts
    Welp, so much for Seriousrp coming back, I was hoping a good non-perp seriousrp would be on the top of the servers list. Nice job breaking it, hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

25. Post #225
    January 2012
    347 Posts
    Welp, so much for Seriousrp coming back, I was hoping a good non-perp seriousrp would be on the top of the servers list. Nice job breaking it, hero.
    The only thing worse than Darkrp for me is serious RP.
    What the fuck is the point of "developing your character" I came to play a fucking game!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,149 Posts
    The only thing worse than Darkrp for me is serious RP.
    What the fuck is the point of "developing your character" I came to play a fucking game!
    If you want to play HL2:DM, play it then! Don't run garry's mod and join darkrp server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    January 2012
    347 Posts
    If you want to play HL2:DM, play it then! Don't run garry's mod and join darkrp server.
    When did I say I wanted to go around killing people.
    Maybe I want to actually play somewhere where there is an economy, not a bunch of no social life faggots running around a boring ass map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #228
    June 2012
    302 Posts
    When did I say I wanted to go around killing people.
    Maybe I want to actually play somewhere where there is an economy, not a bunch of no social life faggots running around a boring ass map.
    There are plenty of serious RPs with economies.

29. Post #229
    Dennab
    May 2012
    478 Posts
    Since this hijacked thread seems to now be the "Ask Falco to make shit for DarkRPversionWhateverTheFuckItIs, you might consider printing *HAS GUN LICENSE* over players who have a gun license. The gun license feature is a useful feature, but useless in the way it is currently applied. Hell, Ill make it for you if you want.

Another idea would be to make it so job descriptions and job rules could be viewed if someone was to type something like !jobdetails in console. For most servers I have been on, when you become, say, a Mob Boss, and want to find out if you can raid or not, you can't check the description because once you become a job, the icon and description is removed from the job selection panel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    129 Posts
    These posts made me laugh. Thanks Facepunch!

31. Post #231
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    Isn't there already an icon over people's heads with a gun license?

The job description thing is on my todo list. Thanks for the tip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,145 Posts
    DarkRP in garrysmod 13 that never should happen!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    June 2012
    302 Posts
    Isn't there already an icon over people's heads with a gun license?
    Not as far as I can tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #234

April 2012
    16 Posts

There is plenty of fun in DarkRP you just have to find the right server.
    Don't blame Falco or any else of the DarkRP creators they are just nice that they even use their spare time to make you this gamemode.

You guys have to get some respect for others and their creations.
    DarkRP isn't the best but atleast it's userfriendly nice and fun time to time.
    And keep your nonsense hateful comments to yourselfs, we don't really care if you wants to burn DarkRP and buttrape the creator.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb x 12Funny x 2Agree x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    June 2010
    3 Posts
    I'll keep this nice and simple. If you don't like DarkRP then shut the fuck up and don't play it. Simple right? Whining about how it should die puts you on the same level as those random death matching twelve year olds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    6,033 Posts
    A+ Thread, Would read again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    there's no reason to go white knight on DarkRP. DarkRP doesn't get offended, sad or suicidal feelings when someone says it's shit. It's a gamemode, not your internet girlfriend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Zing x 6Funny x 4Agree x 2Dumb x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    10,964 Posts
    Falco. I have an amazing idea.... Lets add Gcombat and GMStranded Resource Systems to Dark RP. Then put this all onto a gigantic rolling hill map with rivers, fields, and all that. Once all this is completed you plop in a way to create cities which can be captured/razed and such and let players do their 'RP'
    I'm not kidding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    January 2006
    5,533 Posts
    Falco. I have an amazing idea.... Lets add Gcombat and GMStranded Resource Systems to Dark RP. Then put this all onto a gigantic rolling hill map with rivers, fields, and all that. Once all this is completed you plop in a way to create cities which can be captured/razed and such and let players do their 'RP'
    I'm not kidding.
    I'm not going to force these huge mods on everyone that installs DarkRP. This looks like something server owners can do themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    The job description thing is on my todo list. Thanks for the tip
    Job help already exists for mayor/cp/mobboss, could we use that but add an argument for it in shared.lua instead of hard-coding it?

As a side note, my exams are finished now so I should be able to start working on DarkRP more again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events