1. Post #41
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    CADILLAC NORTHSTAR BEST ENGINE EVER

/thread
    C'mon guys, I thought you'd figure that anything in caps is a joke.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    843 Posts
    I've owned 2 3800 Series II and one supercharged 3800 II. and the only problem I ever was the Lower intake gaskets on the N/A engines, which was only a 2 hour job on all 3 cars... I'd take another one over the piece of shit 60* 3900 My current impala has.

3. Post #43
    October 2010
    11,173 Posts
    bmw s70 v12

aww yeah

4. Post #44
    October 2009
    453 Posts
    ID RATHER BE A CUMMING THAN A STROKIN XDXDX SPARKPLUGS ARE FER PUSSIES

I'n all seriousness though, I love Subaru because their engines are so streamlined and easy to work on. Mine has a tendency to leak oil though.

Sort of car related, I like the 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel that the older models have, I'm reppin a 1979 B6100 with 4x4 and a loader

5. Post #45
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    i love the sex a boxer puts out with the right exhaust system on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Wow, out of a truck block? I'd really like to get my hands on a 4.8/5.3 LS (Vortec) now.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    526 Posts
    Dads 455 V8

Going to be working on it next few days

8. Post #48
    May 2009
    2,747 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    941 Posts
    is this guy fucking serious?

anyways, BMW M54 engine all day everyday.

11. Post #51
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    The Cosworth DFV introduced to F1 in the 60's

Absolutely incredible engine used up until 1985 it was so good.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    199 Posts
    The b230F is a nice engine, not as easily modified as a b20 or b18, but way more...modern

13. Post #53
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    Everyone posted:
    ITS A LEXUS
    The engine was designed for a Lexus, but is still a Toyota engine at its core.
    Do more research

Like here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_UZ_engine
    As you can see it is a Toyota engine, but has alot of Lexus applications.
    So generally it is seen in a Lexus, but its still a Toyota
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    October 2010
    11,173 Posts
    "race spec"

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The engine was designed for a Lexus, but is still a Toyota engine at its core.
    Do more research

Like here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_UZ_engine
    As you can see it is a Toyota engine, but has alot of Lexus applications.
    So generally it is seen in a Lexus, but its still a Toyota
    It's not a Toyota Engine designed for Lexus applications, it's a Toyota engine in Toyota cars that happen to be rebadged in America as Lexus cars. ALL Lexus cars are rebadged Toyotas, save for the absolute latest lineup, none of which use engines as old as the 1UZ anyways.

Honda is the same way with Acura, which is how we get sweet rare valve covers for Honda engines:

D16Y8 VTEC in Honda:

D16Y8 VTEC in Acura EL:

Toyota also does the badge engineering bit with Scion, but Scion isn't luxury like Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura. Or, with Nissan/Infiniti. The G35? Skyline V35. M30? Silvia-like Nissan Leopard. Q45? Nissan Cima or whatever. I don't remember any of the other ones. I know all G series have been Skylines up past G35, and the M and... Maybe J, were both Leopards. I think.

Anyways, Toyota engine, Toyota cars. Lexus is just a name. They don't even do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    November 2010
    871 Posts
    pop a scion tc's hood boom toyota symbol on the valve cover cover.

my 1mz lexus es 300, different heads than the toyota 1mz and made a whooping 12 more hp lol said lexus on the engine cover.
    It's not a Toyota Engine designed for Lexus applications, it's a Toyota engine in Toyota cars that happen to be rebadged in America as Lexus cars. ALL Lexus cars are rebadged Toyotas, save for the absolute latest lineup, none of which use engines as old as the 1UZ anyways.

Honda is the same way with Acura, which is how we get sweet rare valve covers for Honda engines:

D16Y8 VTEC in Honda:

D16Y8 VTEC in Acura EL:

Toyota also does the badge engineering bit with Scion, but Scion isn't luxury like Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura. Or, with Nissan/Infiniti. The G35? Skyline V35. M30? Silvia-like Nissan Leopard. Q45? Nissan Cima or whatever. I don't remember any of the other ones. I know all G series have been Skylines up past G35, and the M and... Maybe J, were both Leopards. I think.

Anyways, Toyota engine, Toyota cars. Lexus is just a name. They don't even do anything.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    pop a scion tc's hood boom toyota symbol on the valve cover cover.

my 1mz lexus es 300, different heads than the toyota 1mz and made a whooping 12 more hp lol said lexus on the engine cover.
    The 1MZ-FE used in the ES300 is identical to the Toyota Windom's 1MZ-FE and does not produce less horsepower. The Toyota Camry 1MZ-FE was rated for less due to using 87 octane, and not the 91 that Lexus reccomended.

Edited:

This is more due to SAE's calculations than anything, there are only minor differences between the Lexus ES300 and Camry engine, but more ideally, the actual TOYOTA variant of the ES300 is identical in every way.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,150 Posts
    ford econobox engines are pretty neat.

an ordinary gas 160 hp engine that still gets 40 mpg with no eco turbocharger or hybrid nonsense

19. Post #59
    November 2010
    871 Posts
    The 1MZ-FE used in the ES300 is identical to the Toyota Windom's 1MZ-FE and does not produce less horsepower. The Toyota Camry 1MZ-FE was rated for less due to using 87 octane, and not the 91 that Lexus reccomended.

Edited:

This is more due to SAE's calculations than anything, there are only minor differences between the Lexus ES300 and Camry engine, but more ideally, the actual TOYOTA variant of the ES300 is identical in every way.
    yet the 1mz trd supercharger will not bolt up to lexus vvt heads on the 1mz.
    when the 1mz camry motor had normal heads the lexus had vvt.

Edited:

ford econobox engines are pretty neat.

an ordinary gas 160 hp engine that still gets 40 mpg with no eco turbocharger or hybrid nonsense
    38mpg on most. and they do it by gears and undertray areo kinda cool.
    the add on of llr tires and grill block boosts them a few more but it is an add on to their nicer car.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    yet the 1mz trd supercharger will not bolt up to lexus vvt heads on the 1mz.
    when the 1mz camry motor had normal heads the lexus had vvt.
    You're wrong again. The Camry supercharger WILL bolt onto the ES300, if you use the same generation of engine. The Camry and ES300 both got VVTi after 1998. Neither car had VVTi before 1999. The 1999+ 1MZ-FE with VVTi is the second generation 1MZ, nothing but the block is shared with the first generation 1MZ.

21. Post #61
    November 2010
    871 Posts
    You're wrong again. The Camry supercharger WILL bolt onto the ES300, if you use the same generation of engine. The Camry and ES300 both got VVTi after 1998. Neither car had VVTi before 1999. The 1999+ 1MZ-FE with VVTi is the second generation 1MZ, nothing but the block is shared with the first generation 1MZ.
    no in 97 the 1mz lexus got vvt not vvti in 99 the lexus got vvt-i

mine was a 97 es300, 96 woud work but after 97 it wouldnt i tried.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    233 Posts
    I know I'll probably get flamed but take a look at the LNF and LSJ Ecotec engines. They came in the Turbo Cobalt/Pontiac Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline (LNF) and Supercharged Cobalt/Saturn Ion Redline (LSJ). They can put out pretty decent power without engine work. Some people put down 350+ on the LSJ without it going boom with NO reinforced rods/block/pistons.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Every modern Toyota engine had some form of VVT, until VVT-i. The Camry and Lexus 1MZ-FE pre-1998 are identical, save for the coilpack arrangement on a couple of models.

A TRD 1MZ-FE supercharger will bolt to and work with any NON VVT-i 1MZ-FE, which means any 1MZ-FE built from 1998 back.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,191 Posts
    If I ever get a 67 Impala I'm putting an a 540 Chevy Big Block

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    December 2009
    650 Posts
    460 Big block ford... I wish I could shoehorn one into my cobra without a TON of work.. other wise I would be enjoying actually have torque...

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Once saw one of those early 50s Fords with a 500+ cid Cadillac engine in it, kind of ratty but really clean, like an old moonshiner car.

It was at th--Holy shit the swap meet, that shit happens this weekend!

ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck

27. Post #67
    October 2010
    11,173 Posts
    why do i like this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,387 Posts
    B16A2 erryday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    why do i like this

Because it's a good engine?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Is that a Mitsubishi 380/Galant? I'm in one of those super curious moods right now and it's been bugging me.

31. Post #71
    October 2010
    11,173 Posts
    Mitsubishi FTO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Mitsubishi 3000GT/FTO Dodge Steal--well, not a Dodge Stealth. The first gen FTO was the Stealth, they discontinued the Stealth right when the FTO got good looking.

33. Post #73
    October 2010
    11,173 Posts
    Mitsubishi 3000GT/FTO Dodge Steal--well, not a Dodge Stealth. The first gen FTO was the Stealth, they discontinued the Stealth right when the FTO got good looking.
    what

I thought they were based from GTOs.

Edited:

This is FTO.

And this is GTO.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Shit wow, yeah, what in the fuck was I thinking.

Sorry, that was general dumbassery on my part.

I need sleep.

35. Post #75
    July 2008
    596 Posts

Here's my engine

Not a big v8 pickup (sorry guys lol), but it does the job

wait fuck i just realised! its missing the ECU cover (big plastic thing on left) since it was at the garage!!! >:(

36. Post #76
    July 2011
    1,298 Posts
    ecu in the engine bay?
    interesting... I still prefer mine behind the dash

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    ecu in the engine bay?
    interesting... I still prefer mine behind the dash
    Dode Neon has the ECU in the bay, I remember this from all the Neon raceboxes we built. Good place for them, most of the cars we ran had the ECU in the floorboard and they'd get wet because the cars had no windows and we'd occasionally leave them out. We ended up relocating a lot of them.

Edited:

Also CCE

I would love to have a CCE in my car.

Edited:

For anyone interested in what a controlled combustion engine is:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,535 Posts
    Chaparral's 372 Chevy used in the 2D

The engine in the pic sits in a 1958 Lister-Chevrolet “Knobbly” Sports Racing Car, but it was used in the 2D there.

Powaaaaaaaa! Imagine dropping that in an old Pontiac or Buick beater.

39. Post #79
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,557 Posts
    The b230F is a nice engine, not as easily modified as a b20 or b18, but way more...modern
    B230FT man

also like the LT1 and LS1's.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Holy shit, I forgot that car existed. This older gentleman had one of those (The 2D) in my old town, it was black with white racing numbers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)