1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts

Black Prophecy is a F2P Space MMO with modular ship customization, for mixing and matching parts.
    This game is not EVE online too much. It is very easy to learn controls, but I highly reccomend doing the tutorial at the beginning.

Shameless copypaste from website and wiki.
    Features:
    Next-generation graphics
    Black Prophecy uses the latest in graphics technology to produce breathtaking visuals.
    (Having played the game, they are very good graphics. Some effects are very iffy but the 3d model and texture department is not lacking at all for a F2P)

Player VS Player
    Black Prophecy allows players to organize big PvP battles and also offers varied PvP missions.

Modular ship design
    Player ships are not sold as whole, but instead consist of modules like cockpits, wings, engines etc. All these modules are available in different shapes and sizes, which allows the players to customize their ships.

Item modification system
    In addition to the modular ship design, players can also further customize their ships by adding modifications to their ship's modules and weapons.

Modular clan station system
    Player clans can build clan stations that are expandable through a module system. Different modules add different functionalities to the station.

Resource system
    Clans can fight each other to conquer resource stations.
    Award and medal system

Similar to an achievement system, players can earn medals and awards for performing specific tasks.
    Tactics system
    Players can learn and execute breakneck flight maneuvers.
    Screenshots:

Video:

http://blackprophecy.com/
    The game is a little over 6GB not including updates.

Better op may arrive after I play the game further.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    I played this way back when it was in beta. Is it still basically just a TPS in space?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    I played this way back when it was in beta. Is it still basically just a TPS in space?
    A little bit yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    257 Posts
    I played this a while back in beta also, and I cannot stress how bad the game was at the time. Beta's are usually bad, but this one was just straight up garbage. I was sickened by crappy UI, crafting system, and quests, it seemed as if it was made by a bunch of 6 year old's. The graphics are decent but the light that comes out of the thrusters look like Mario. The game stresses how "cutting edge" the flight simulation aspect of the PvP is, but it's not that impressive to be honest. I'm a fan of space MMO's and have been playing EVE Online, and many other space MMO's so I know when I see a good space MMO. I would not recommend downloading/playing this on any circumstances, please don't waste your time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    I'd go ahead and say that you should try it. But it was horrid in beta, but then again it was a beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    257 Posts
    I'd go ahead and say that you should try it. But it was horrid in beta, but then again it was a beta.
    I wouldn't even consider it to be in beta back then, but rather a pre-alpha.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    I would not recommend downloading/playing this on any circumstances, please don't waste your time.
    Also what are these other space MMOs you speak of that aren't eve online.

I love the space games as well. After playing this for a while its just a bit too simple. Too many fetch quests maybe?

8. Post #8
    July 2007
    257 Posts
    Also what are these other space MMOs you speak of that aren't eve online.

I love the space games as well. After playing this for a while its just a bit too simple. Too many fetch quests maybe?
    Tehehe, you know.. the usual.. Gary's Mod (Space Mod), World of Warcraft (Space Mod), Starcraft 2 (Space Mod), Entropia Universe (In space)... You know, the usual games that you can fly in space with.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    Tehehe, you know.. the usual.. Gary's Mod (Space Mod), World of Warcraft (Space Mod), Starcraft 2 (Space Mod), Entropia Universe (In space)... You know, the usual games that you can fly in space with.
    I should try space mod in garrysmod sometime.

And it was a legitimate question. Not like a snarky (I think the word is) show me what you got other than this kind of question.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,332 Posts
    Oh god this was so terrible in beta. I'm going to assume it improved a lot but I'd prefer to watch some gameplay before committing to it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2008
    3,769 Posts
    Are the controls a lot better now since it came out of beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

March 2011
    402 Posts
    Is the game any good right now? I'm considering picking it up as I was always interested in a space MMO, but couldn't pay the subscription fee for EVE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Philippines Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,322 Posts
    It was meh when I last tried it, but it was gorgeous to look at

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Its very pretty and fun for a couple days.

But its got Reakktor all over it.