1. Post #201
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    hahaha oh wow
    The Blues are being nothing short of humiliated right now. This is kind of painful to watch, actually.
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    I was rushing at work. I got into work and had this massive list of food i have to prepare for the next day (Massive batches of mashed potatoes, slicing a box and a half (50 pounds each) of sweet potatoes, making crab dip, etc.). I crushed through it as fast as i could. I sliced so fast i couldn't feel my arm. Then i rush to my friends house and we were going to start the game late and just watch through, like it was live...but we just have to avoid any form of media to avoid being shown the final...
    so my other friend texts me "This game is over...".
    So i'm like FUCK! That's either really good, or really bad. I just say fuck it and skip to live...it's 5-1 with 5 minutes left in the 2nd. I have never been so disappointed. I bust ass, and the Blues just fucked me...
    Oh well, there's always game 3. Hopefully Pietrangelo is back. Still pissed he got injured.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Sometimes I feel like the Flyers are given a memory wipe before some games to make them forget how to play hockey so they can have more games and therefore the coach can have more time to look up and chew gum on tv.

At least that's my theory.

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    Word on the street is Nashville is losing 2 of their starters for missing some sort of curfew tonight. Am I hearing this right or is this just a pipe dream?

4. Post #204
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Word on the street is Nashville is losing 2 of their starters for missing some sort of curfew tonight. Am I hearing this right or is this just a pipe dream?
    no it's true, radulov and kostitsyn.

5. Post #205
    December 2010
    170 Posts
    Well, they actually won this game. The Preds have life in them yet.

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    That Rangers Caps game was insane, I feel bad for Holtby, losing despite only allowing 2 goals in 115 minutes.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    Well, they actually won this game. The Preds have life in them yet.
    Yeah, Rinne stepped up for the Predators. Congratulations to them, but I'm still hoping they won't win the series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Yeah, Rinne stepped up for the Predators. Congratulations to them, but I'm still hoping they won't win the series.
    yeah I want the yotes to do well on the off-chance they move to Canada over the summer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    No one commenting on the NHL anymore? Well, some updates then. The Kings sweeped their series, Coyotes are up 3-1, the Capitals and the Rangers are tied 2-2, and the Devils are up 2-1 on the Flyers.

10. Post #210
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,980 Posts
    The Flyers just need to be knocked out and then I could care less about who wins the cup this year.

Though having the Kings or Coyotes win would be cool.

11. Post #211
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    I was hoping the blues would win too :(

but I'd be cool with pretty much anyone left winning except for washington and philly.
    going for the yotes now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    461 Posts
    I'm hoping it comes down to LA vs Philly, if not then LA vs Washington
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    I'm not really a fan of any of the teams in the East, I just stick to my home roots and wish the best of luck to the Coyotes. Although if the Kings beat the Yotes in round 3 (best guess) then I really hope LA takes home the Stanley Cup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    do you pronounces "coyotes" like "kai-otes" or "kai-oh-tees"

15. Post #215
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    "kai-oh-tees"
    Edited:

everyone here says it that way at least. But it probably depends on where you are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    hint: the first one is wrong no matter where you're from
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    That would have been so fucking epic had Smith scored that empty net.

18. Post #218
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,980 Posts
    Oh man, Kings vs Coyotes. I don't know how I want to win in that series.

As of the the other series, I don't care who wins as long as Philly gets knocked out (which they will be).

Edited:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630929

Fuck yes, the former Sharks CEO wants to buy the Coyotes!

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Since every team I slightly cared about is knocked out now, I kind of want New York and LA to be in the Stanley Cup, just because the NHL could use the ratings boost from those two markets.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    do you pronounces "coyotes" like "kai-otes" or "kai-oh-tees"
    I do it both ways. Although I do "kai-otes" more often as a way to annoy people who can't stand when a word is said incorrectly. The correct way and the way it should always be said is "kai-oh-tees" however.

Edited:

Fuck yes, the former Sharks CEO wants to buy the Coyotes!
    As long as they stay somewhere in Arizona I don't care who owns them. I would still root for them even if they did become a Canadian team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    Holy shit. Well played Coyotes. Good luck in the WCF.

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    let's go la

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    461 Posts
    Ugh, Philly has been absolutely terrible, played nothing like they did against Pittsburgh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts

Rip Flyers. ;-;

Go go Kings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #225
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Lets go Yotes and NJ!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,980 Posts
    Good bye Flyers.

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    LA - NJ final

it will be glorious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Serve Chilled
    December 2010
    542 Posts
    Any other philly fans cry a little bit?

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    greatest playoffs ever

30. Post #230
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Never thought I'd say this, but go Washington! But I'm pulling for NJ or Phoenix to win the cup. Fuck LA lol.

31. Post #231
    December 2010
    170 Posts
    Anyone else watching the NYR-WSH game right now?
    Jesus, the Capitals are blowing this power play. First a lucky no-goal against the Rangers, getting absolutely nothing done, nearly shooting it into their own net, then taking a penalty. That's not how you use a power play in the 3rd when you're down a goal.

32. Post #232
    SERGEANT OF THE MASTER SERGEANTS MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF EXTREME SERGEANTS TO THE MAX
    June 2010
    2,197 Posts
    God dammit come on caps.

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    NY vs NJ for the conference finals.

I'm not sure who I want to win or how I feel about this.

34. Post #234
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,076 Posts
    LA has a good chance of winning this one. What are there, 15 Canadians on that team?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,980 Posts
    more canadians = stanley cup

makes sense to me

36. Post #236
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    out of the remaining teams the yotes have the most Canadians on their roster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    and a collective fuck the caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    Man, this second round really made me realize how much different the playoffs look without the usual teams in the mix. No Detroit, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, San Jose. I hate to say this, but these teams brought in a lot of the atmosphere and excitement that I always see in the playoffs. I can't say the same thing about this year. Definitely not in the second round. Something just seems empty and dull about it, I don't know... It's just something I feel and can't really explain in words...

It's always nice to have an entirely new lineup of teams, and it does get boring seeing the same shit, but I think I actually miss Chicago and Detroit, as much as I don't like them.

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    325 Posts
    I hope the Rangers get raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    fuck the rangers, fuck the devils, let's go calgary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)