1. Post #281
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    Fuck everything. The Kings absolutely fucking slaughtered the Coyotes in the first 3 games, how is this one any fucking different?

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    Huh, Coyotes won in a shutout. Who'da thunk it.

3. Post #283
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Fuck everything. The Kings absolutely fucking slaughtered the Coyotes in the first 3 games, how is this one any fucking different?
    the only game that LA even remotely "slaughtered" Phoenix was game 2.
    shots on goal don't count for anything if they aren't going in.

4. Post #284
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    Did the Kings not show up to today's game?

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    fucking kings can't close

Edited:

THE CUP IS FOR CLOSERS. CLOSERS EARN THE GLENGARRY CONTRACTS.

6. Post #286
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    fucking kings can't close

Edited:

THE CUP IS FOR CLOSERS. CLOSERS EARN THE GLENGARRY CONTRACTS.
    you know who else can't close?

vancouver ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    December 2010
    170 Posts
    Well. That was an interesting Game 5. Plenty of blown calls in OT, but in the end, what's done's done.
    Still, next year, the Kings-Coyotes games are going to be interesting to watch. After what happened this year, I don't think next year will be very pretty.

8. Post #288
    August 2009
    657 Posts
    Holy shit...if I were a coyotes fan I'd be going ballistic right now...Go rangers.

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    when was the last time either of these teams got to the cup finals?

10. Post #290
    May 2012
    7 Posts
    Go Kings. Bring the Cup Home!

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    That Game 5 OT. I don't know how they can call this full contact. He hit him in the neck and along the leg. And removing him when he was the one who was slammed into makes it even worse. It's not like he tripped the guy behind him on purpose. If Doan had made the hit (after the legal forward hit on Lewis, ruled a penalty) he would have been out for quite awhile.

Sure the Kings have a valid argument in saying "If the Coyotes deserved to win, they would have done it in Period 3 when it was 3v5." Still, that botched call sealed their loss.

12. Post #292
    September 2009
    944 Posts
    That Game 5 OT. I don't know how they can call this full contact. He hit him in the neck and along the leg. And removing him when he was the one who was slammed into makes it even worse. It's not like he tripped the guy behind him on purpose. If Doan had made the hit (after the legal forward hit on Lewis, ruled a penalty) he would have been out for quite awhile.

Sure the Kings have a valid argument in saying "If the Coyotes deserved to win, they would have done it in Period 3 when it was 3v5." Still, that botched call sealed their loss.
    Shit brown recovered from that like a boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #293
    August 2009
    657 Posts
    To bad he's a tool...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    December 2010
    170 Posts
    Stanley Cup Finals, overtime. Doesn't get much better than this.

EDIT: HOOOOO SHIT
    Brodeur got fucking laid out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #295
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    I think I'm gonna try to get a Modano jersey before they retire his number since the Stars were my childhood team.

16. Post #296
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    let's go kingsssssssssssss

17. Post #297
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    FUCK. I KNEW I had a bad feeling about this game, but NOOOOOOO, EVERYBODY says it's gonna be fucking FINE. WELL GUESS WHAT FUCKERS, IT'S NOT.

Now the Kings aren't going to fucking win it at home unless they're dumb enough to let it get to a game fucking 7.

FUCK.

18. Post #298
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    game looked rigged man the kings played like horse shit

19. Post #299
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    what the hell happened there?

20. Post #300
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    FUCK. I KNEW I had a bad feeling about this game, but NOOOOOOO, EVERYBODY says it's gonna be fucking FINE. WELL GUESS WHAT FUCKERS, IT'S NOT.

Now the Kings aren't going to fucking win it at home unless they're dumb enough to let it get to a game fucking 7.

FUCK.
    Oh my god calm down it's not like you're there. You're watching it on tv. Pretend it's a home game.

21. Post #301
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    what the hell happened there?
    kings had a very anti-climatic ending

22. Post #302
    July 2008
    1,035 Posts
    This is my first season of following the NHL, so I would appreciate someone explaining to me why the Kings are so good. When I look at their lineup and compare it to other teams (for example the Pens), there are so many more names that I instantly recognise on the Pens teamsheet than the Kings. Is it that the Kings have insane team chemistry, or is it me not recognising the quality in the Kings' roster. I live in the UK and so coverage of the NHL is minimal unfotunately, so it's not like I can watch the games myself and make a judgement.

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    The fact that you recognize names does not necessarily equate to their talent 24/7. Sidney Crosby is one of the greatest players in the NHL, but he isn't consistently great. A player's legacy doesn't mean that their team will always do really good.

The Boston Bruins won the Cup last year against a Vancouver team that they should've lost in 4 games to....on PAPER. However, the Bruins rallied from down 2 games to win it all in Game 7 and had much better chemistry than the Canucks. It's tough to explain what you're asking, though. You should really follow the NHL more! If you can, buy one of those NHL GameCenter passes, that way you can watch any game you want online.

24. Post #304
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    This is my first season of following the NHL, so I would appreciate someone explaining to me why the Kings are so good. When I look at their lineup and compare it to other teams (for example the Pens), there are so many more names that I instantly recognise on the Pens teamsheet than the Kings. Is it that the Kings have insane team chemistry, or is it me not recognising the quality in the Kings' roster. I live in the UK and so coverage of the NHL is minimal unfotunately, so it's not like I can watch the games myself and make a judgement.
    The Kings have a lot of big forwards who play rough, and aren't afraid to mix it up with the D. They take the defense out of the game, and then that leaves the forwards to set up most of the scoring chances, as the defense is getting hit a lot, which makes them more tired and a bit more uneasy on the puck than if they just roughed up the forwards. It works well against teams like themselves that rely on a lot of talented defensemen to set up shots on net and deflection chances for their forwards. It worked perfectly against St. Louis (This is coming from a Blues fan).
    They also have a team that works well shutting down the other team, and keeping their shots to the outside and not right in front of the goalie. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of their big forwards have really nice hands, and great shots (Brown, Kopitar, Carter).
    Also, having one of the best goalies to play right now doesn't hurt either.
    It's not all about statistical ratings. It's more about the type of game the teams play, and what type of players they have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    July 2008
    1,035 Posts
    The Kings have a lot of big forwards who play rough, and aren't afraid to mix it up with the D. They take the defense out of the game, and then that leaves the forwards to set up most of the scoring chances, as the defense is getting hit a lot, which makes them more tired and a bit more uneasy on the puck than if they just roughed up the forwards. It works well against teams like themselves that rely on a lot of talented defensemen to set up shots on net and deflection chances for their forwards. It worked perfectly against St. Louis (This is coming from a Blues fan).
    They also have a team that works well shutting down the other team, and keeping their shots to the outside and not right in front of the goalie. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of their big forwards have really nice hands, and great shots (Brown, Kopitar, Carter).
    Also, having one of the best goalies to play right now doesn't hurt either.
    It's not all about statistical ratings. It's more about the type of game the teams play, and what type of players they have.
    The reason you gave (not the players, it's the game that counts) is why I find ice hockey so much more enjoyable than football/soccer. If Real Madrid and Barcelona were without their best player (Ronaldo and Messi respectively), they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are. Thank you for your answer, it helped my understanding a lot.

26. Post #306
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,238 Posts
    I want Kings to win the cup, but I'd also like to see a game 7.

Edited:

The reason you gave (not the players, it's the game that counts) is why I find ice hockey so much more enjoyable than football/soccer. If Real Madrid and Barcelona were without their best player (Ronaldo and Messi respectively), they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are. Thank you for your answer, it helped my understanding a lot.
    And of course the diving. God I hate soccer.

27. Post #307
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    If the Kings don't win game 6, the Devils will win game 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #308
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Fuck LA. Go NJ! Sincerely, an angry Canucks fan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #309
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    Apparently Barry Melrose thinks the Kings will win it in 6. Would it be so much to ask that he's right for once?

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    Kings are gonna get the cup tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #311
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    Oh my. I uh... Well, that was an eventful first period.

32. Post #312
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    Kings are gonna get the cup tonight.
    My guess is 5-1.

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    RIP Devils

Let's go Kings.

34. Post #314
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    It's over.. Kings are gonna win the cup. Fuck.

35. Post #315
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    It'd be amazing if this ended with a shut out.

36. Post #316
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Just like last years playoffs.. Except that wasn't amazing for me.

37. Post #317
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    I would love to see Quick get the MVP award.

38. Post #318
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    So ends Quick's chance at a shutout. Not like it changes much, though. I would really love to see him get passed the cup by Brown before he lifts it because he's really carried the Kings hard.

39. Post #319
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,966 Posts
    So ends Quick's chance at a shutout.
    :(

40. Post #320
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)