View Poll Results: Do you make youtube videos? (of any game)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 47.62%
  • No

11 52.38%
  1. Post #1
    June 2011
    75 Posts

This is the first ep of my series i do on minecraft! check out my channel to see other episodes.
    http://youtube.com/zac091games

HI! in this thread, is a place to advertise your videos. so please follow this form:

VIDEO
    DETAILS
    YOUR YOUTUBE NAME OR LINK

Thanks! if you would like to be in a video with ME just send me a message at zygaming@aol.com

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    75 Posts

Why, WHY do i even try.

Edited:

... how do i close fourums?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2009
    3,173 Posts
    not sure if girl or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2010
    11,579 Posts
    ... how do i close fourums?
    You don't. Leave it die.

you don't close forums silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2011
    1,220 Posts
    AKA: "HEY GUYS, GUYS. GUYS!!!. CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBES!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    Hang on a second guys, he said "close forums" (near enough), not "close thread".

He wants to shut down Facepunch.

God save us all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    Hang on a second guys, he said "close forums" (near enough), not "close thread".

He wants to shut down Facepunch.

God save us all.
    HA! ive been foiled again! but, i just let it die? ok.

Edited:

AKA: "HEY GUYS, GUYS. GUYS!!!. CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBES!"
    N- ..... kinda :D

Edited:

not sure if girl or not
    GAH! why does EVERYONE SAY THAT!,,,, it is hard to guess from my name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    I REFUSE TO LET THIS GREAT THREAD DIE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    I REFUSE TO LET THIS GREAT THREAD DIE
    :) thanks! <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    GAH! why does EVERYONE SAY THAT!,,,, it is hard to guess from my name?
    Because, assuming your avatar is based on you, you look/act like one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    Because, assuming your avatar is based on you, you look/act like one.
    I do kinda look like a girl, but i dont act like one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    HI
    GAH! why does EVERYONE SAY THAT!,,,,
    :) thanks! <3
    Yes you do.

Either that or a hyper 11-year-old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    I do kinda look like a girl, but i dont act like one!
    The fact you sound like one should inform you that YouTube is not the place for you yet. Until you sound like a man, just go out and do something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,500 Posts
    an entire hour of boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    an entire hour of boring
    indeed, maybe the more i go the more i get into the swing! :D

Edited:

The fact you sound like one should inform you that YouTube is not the place for you yet. Until you sound like a man, just go out and do something else.
    i somwhat disagree, thanks for your input though! it really does help :)

Edited:

Yes you do.

CLOSE! im 13 :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2010
    11,579 Posts
    you're too young to be on the internet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2009
    364 Posts
    Ahh... I remember when I was 13 on the internet...

I try to forget, but I can't. It's horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    you're too young to be on the internet
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! MINE! *grabs moinitor and mouse* MY PRECIOUS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2009
    364 Posts
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! MINE! *grabs moinitor and mouse* MY PRECIOUS!
    I want to give you some advice. Don't try to be funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    I want to give you some advice. Don't try to be funny.
    Um... Thanks!, But no thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2010
    149 Posts
    (incoming fuckhuge wall of constructive criticism, best watch your heads)

Just a few things to consider before making videos like these:

Equipment: I could barely hear anything your friend said, and from the looks of things he was lagging badly. Your mic was okay, but if you want to do more videos with him then I would suggest having him buy a clearer mic. It doesn't have to be an amazing one, just one that doesn't sound like ass.
    I'd also advise you to get better internet, or have a friend with a better connection host the server next time. It may have been okay for you, but it was likely very annoying for your friend to play through that lag; so, for the benefit of your friend at the very least, try to find a less laggy alternative. Of course, if it was a problem on his end, then disregard this as it's not really something you can do anything about.
    I also noticed that your frame rate was quite stuttery, and this was while playing on tiny(?) render distance. Generally, you should be aiming for a video of ~30fps with at least normal render distance: a lower frame rate makes your video harder to watch, and, for me at least, videos that use short render distance or lower are just less enjoyable. Obviously, the best remedy for this is simply upgrading your computer/buying a better one, but only if money isn't an issue. If it is, than have you tried downloading OptiFine? It can really help boost your frame rate by quite a bit in a lot of cases, mine included.

Content: To be completely blunt, your video was boring. There are many, many, many videos of the exact same stuff in your video, all more or less the same. Make your video stand out: try playing through the game with a few (good) mods that people might not have heard of (but oh god do not do the aether mod that has been done to shit already trust me), or play with a goal in mind (for example, you could try to expand that meager village you started near at the beginning into a booming metropolis of squid-men). Just something to mix things up a bit, rather than playing through the same vanilla Survival we've all seen a million times. Playing in SMP with a friend is a start, but that on it's own won't hold up to much. If you have other friends who play Minecraft, include them! The more the merrier!
    On the note of keeping things interesting, try to keep your commentary nice and fresh. If you happen to follow through with that mod idea be informative about whatever mods you might be using (don't go into fucktons of detail though, just make like a quick summary of stuff you're doing, provide a link to the mods and people will check them out if they find them interesting). If you try being funny though, definitely avoid in-jokes between your friends if you intend for your videos to be seen outside them.
    Another problem IMO is the length. One hour is too long to hold most people's attention on a video, especially with a game like Minecraft, unless you're REALLY good at videos. I suggest either recording for a much shorter time (~15 mins recommended), or playing for an extended amount of time, then editing out the more uneventful bits while leaving in the interesting parts (wouldn't recommend doing this though since a lot of people seem to have trouble with either editing too much or not nearly enough).

Finally, [SUB]whew, this is starting to feel like an essay![/SUB] expect to get backlash for your high voice and young age, due to the internet's belief that everyone under the age of ~15 is completely fucktarded. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do about your voice until you hit puberty, so you'll really have to go the extra mile to get people to keep watching beyond first impression stage. That, or you can wait until your voice gets deeper; chances are by then you'll also be able to get some better equipment and such.
    What you can do now, however, is make sure to distance yourself from every other ~13y/o kid on the internet. You can do this by:

•Making sure to use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. This helps you look more mature, as well as making your posts easier to read. Additionally, if you decide to write a huge-ass wall of text (like this one), USE PARAGRAPHS. Seriously, if you don't bother with paragraphing it renders literally any large body of text instantly unreadable.
    •Dropping the smilies, or at least using them more sparingly. Overuse of text smilies, particularly "XD", is a telltale sign of either a stereotypical internet kiddie or a complete idiot. On Facepunch, use the emoticons listed here (the few that we have left, anyway). People appreciate that kind of shit.
    •AVOIDING "LOL xD RANDOM" HUMOUR AT ALL COSTS. If you don't the internet will eat you alive (not even kidding).
    •Abandoning all your sense of fun, freedom and happiness and becoming a soulless, hateful internet monster.

Okay, that's about it I'm done. Thanks for reading it through (assuming you did, which you really should if you haven't!), hopefully I actually managed to give some useful advice, and good luck!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    I'm 13 too
    but
    yeah, please
    I already made a video megathread for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    I'm 13 too
    but
    yeah, please
    I already made a video megathread for this
    O.o ATM this thread is "the Zac091 constructive tips thread" :D

Edited:

Equipment: I could barely hear anything your friend said, and from the looks of things he was lagging badly. Your mic was okay, but if you want to do more videos with him then I would suggest having him buy a clearer mic. It doesn't have to be an amazing one, just one that doesn't sound like ass.
    I'd also advise you to get better internet, or have a friend with a better connection host the server next time. It may have been okay for you, but it was likely very annoying for your friend to play through that lag; so, for the benefit of your friend at the very least, try to find a less laggy alternative. Of course, if it was a problem on his end, then disregard this as it's not really something you can do anything about.
    I also noticed that your frame rate was quite stuttery, and this was while playing on tiny(?) render distance. Generally, you should be aiming for a video of ~30fps with at least normal render distance: a lower frame rate makes your video harder to watch, and, for me at least, videos that use short render distance or lower are just less enjoyable. Obviously, the best remedy for this is simply upgrading your computer/buying a better one, but only if money isn't an issue. If it is, than have you tried downloading OptiFine? It can really help boost your frame rate by quite a bit in a lot of cases, mine included.

Content: To be completely blunt, your video was boring. There are many, many, many videos of the exact same stuff in your video, all more or less the same. Make your video stand out: try playing through the game with a few (good) mods that people might not have heard of (but oh god do not do the aether mod that has been done to shit already trust me), or play with a goal in mind (for example, you could try to expand that meager village you started near at the beginning into a booming metropolis of squid-men). Just something to mix things up a bit, rather than playing through the same vanilla Survival we've all seen a million times. Playing in SMP with a friend is a start, but that on it's own won't hold up to much. If you have other friends who play Minecraft, include them! The more the merrier!
    On the note of keeping things interesting, try to keep your commentary nice and fresh. If you happen to follow through with that mod idea be informative about whatever mods you might be using (don't go into fucktons of detail though, just make like a quick summary of stuff you're doing, provide a link to the mods and people will check them out if they find them interesting). If you try being funny though, definitely avoid in-jokes between your friends if you intend for your videos to be seen outside them.
    Another problem IMO is the length. One hour is too long to hold most people's attention on a video, especially with a game like Minecraft, unless you're REALLY good at videos. I suggest either recording for a much shorter time (~15 mins recommended), or playing for an extended amount of time, then editing out the more uneventful bits while leaving in the interesting parts (wouldn't recommend doing this though since a lot of people seem to have trouble with either editing too much or not nearly enough).

Finally, [SUB]whew, this is starting to feel like an essay![/SUB] expect to get backlash for your high voice and young age, due to the internet's belief that everyone under the age of ~15 is completely fucktarded. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do about your voice until you hit puberty, so you'll really have to go the extra mile to get people to keep watching beyond first impression stage. That, or you can wait until your voice gets deeper; chances are by then you'll also be able to get some better equipment and such.
    What you can do now, however, is make sure to distance yourself from every other ~13y/o kid on the internet. You can do this by:

•Making sure to use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. This helps you look more mature, as well as making your posts easier to read. Additionally, if you decide to write a huge-ass wall of text (like this one), USE PARAGRAPHS. Seriously, if you don't bother with paragraphing it renders literally any large body of text instantly unreadable.
    •Dropping the smilies, or at least using them more sparingly. Overuse of text smilies, particularly "XD", is a telltale sign of either a stereotypical internet kiddie or a complete idiot. On Facepunch, use the emoticons listed here (the few that we have left, anyway). People appreciate that kind of shit.
    •AVOIDING "LOL xD RANDOM" HUMOUR AT ALL COSTS. If you don't the internet will eat you alive (not even kidding).
    •Abandoning all your sense of fun, freedom and happiness and becoming a soulless, hateful internet monster.

Okay, that's about it I'm done. Thanks for reading it through (assuming you did, which you really should if you haven't!), hopefully I actually managed to give some useful advice, and good luck!
    That, was, a mouthful, but thanks! this DID give me alot of help, i was wondering about the Vailla part of the series, and my friend BROKE his coumputer, this {first ep} was recorded on my birthday. back in feburary. but thanks for the information! i am trying to meet up with people to make videos with, I WOULD LOVE TO DO STUFF WITH ANTVENOM.

Edited:

O.o ATM this thread is "the Zac091 constructive tips thread" :D

Edited:

That, was, a mouthful, but thanks! this DID give me alot of help, i was wondering about the Vailla part of the series, and my friend BROKE his coumputer, this {first ep} was recorded on my birthday. back in feburary. but thanks for the information! i am trying to meet up with people to make videos with, I WOULD LOVE TO DO STUFF WITH ANTVENOM.
    I will also look into this optifine mod, seems intresting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2009
    364 Posts
    Ooh ooh ooh! Do me next!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

26. Post #26
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    Ooh ooh ooh! Do me next!
    lol whut

Edited:

Yes you do.

Can i block ppl from going to my threads? :P

Edited:

is 20-25 frames a second good? thats what im getting (this is with optifine)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    My god. To get to the point, the video was utter shit. Everyone has already done this, nothing stands out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #28
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    My god. To get to the point, the video was utter shit. Everyone has already done this, nothing stands out.
    that goes back to what Hugh Mann said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events