1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    Ok guys, I've got some ideas and such running through my head. Most of them will require downtime throughout the day, but will improve our over all quality/fun that we all have. As such, i want to get your opinion on one of my ideas. I personally love the towny plugin, and want to implement it instead of factions; HOWEVER, i will not do so unless the majority of you guys agree. So here's a link to the plugin, along with all the tutorials and such, to allow you to see my general idea of what I want to do.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/towny-advanced/

Also, if the majority of the changes are accepted, ill consider this version 1.1 of the server, as such ill review the ban list, and remove people whom i think have either learned their lesson, or i cant remember why they were banned.
    EDIT:
    This does not mean we're resetting the map.
    EDIT2: Also keep in mind i'll be configuring this to suit our needs.
    EDIT3: Also read this, it will give you guys a better idea of how this works if we implement it: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.../ta_toggle_war
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,368 Posts
    While war is in effect, each competing town has a health points property attached to it. Normal townblocks have an HP of 60 while Home Blocks have 120 points by default. This can be changed in the config. A townblock loses HP by enemy-nation residents standing within the townblock. When a townblock has lost all HP and fallen the town which the attacker belongs to gains one townblock and points to their War Score. A Town can be knocked out of a war when their Home Block falls or if their Mayor is killed. A Nation can be knocked out of a war if its capital city is knocked out of the war, or if the King is killed.
    doesn't this mean we can capture towns without the nation even being online?

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    doesn't this mean we can capture towns without the nation even being online?
    If ive read correctly, it has offline protection

4. Post #164
    December 2011
    363 Posts
    Ok guys, I've got some ideas and such running through my head. Most of them will require downtime throughout the day, but will improve our over all quality/fun that we all have. As such, i want to get your opinion on one of my ideas. I personally love the towny plugin, and want to implement it instead of factions; HOWEVER, i will not do so unless the majority of you guys agree. So here's a link to the plugin, along with all the tutorials and such, to allow you to see my general idea of what I want to do.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/towny-advanced/

Also, if the majority of the changes are accepted, ill consider this version 1.1 of the server, as such ill review the ban list, and remove people whom i think have either learned their lesson, or i cant remember why they were banned.
    EDIT:
    This does not mean we're resetting the map.
    EDIT2: Also keep in mind i'll be configuring this to suit our needs.
    EDIT3: Also read this, it will give you guys a better idea of how this works if we implement it: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.../ta_toggle_war
    The server is taking a completely wrong turn. SKS, You're either trying too much to make this better than Goose's, or you're not that good at making PVP servers. I've enjoyed the server a lot while it was similar to goose's, but things like the Mob eggs for example are making the server too different from the server we all loved, and the server most people came from, Goose's. of course, i'm aware the mob egg plugin was removed, but people were banned for simply using the plugin, it wasn't made clear if the plugin can be used to do things like the Valkyries did, and it ended up to bans because of a plugin that wasn't really "wanted".

3/4 of the population are from goose's, it's how the server started. We're all used to factions, and the fact that wars can be started instantly and have no real rules, no stupid points apart from power, don't need no cooldown on the time when the war actually starts, factions allow wars to start and end in no time at all and make them require no real prep. If the population is completely content with the server, why do you try replace the base plugin we're all here for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    So who got banned and why? More hacking?

Oh man, no towny. Buying plots of land? I just want to build whatever the heck I want. Only costing me my own supplies. I don't want to deal with money and restraints.

6. Post #166
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    I'd rather not replace the system as it is.

Factions towns right now are pretty okay

Edit: Well, SKS explained it to me in more detail. I'm all for it now. The problem is that the mod page doesn't give enough info about it

7. Post #167
    August 2007
    107 Posts
    SKS's Towny Server

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    The server is taking a completely wrong turn. SKS, You're either trying too much to make this better than Goose's, or you're not that good at making PVP servers. I've enjoyed the server a lot while it was similar to goose's, but things like the Mob eggs for example are making the server too different from the server we all loved, and the server most people came from, Goose's. of course, i'm aware the mob egg plugin was removed, but people were banned for simply using the plugin, it wasn't made clear if the plugin can be used to do things like the Valkyries did, and it ended up to bans because of a plugin that wasn't really "wanted".

3/4 of the population are from goose's, it's how the server started. We're all used to factions, and the fact that wars can be started instantly and have no real rules, no stupid points apart from power, don't need no cooldown on the time when the war actually starts, factions allow wars to start and end in no time at all and make them require no real prep. If the population is completely content with the server, why do you try replace the base plugin we're all here for?
    FYI you're unbanned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    March 2008
    379 Posts
    Enchanter hanging out at the Library ruins today.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    I will be bringing the server down for ~ 1 hour in order to install things and properly configure them.
    I will post a changelog when i'm finished. I will also note who was unbanned.

11. Post #171

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    Change log v1.1
    Removed:
    Ironguard
    Bookworm
    Factions (test)
    Chestshop
    Added:
    Towny (with supporting plugins) (test)

Testing complete! Huge thanks to bulet, and karatechimp, as well as phoenux for their awesomeness and helping me get this crazy thing running again.
    For a list of commands: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs...#Chat_Commands
    That should let you know to do everything
    It costs 2500$ in order to make a town, it costs 10$ a day (IRL) to maintain it
    It costs 10000$ to make a nation, it costs 100$ a day to maintain it.

13. Post #173

April 2011
    533 Posts

Thanks for the bread fallen friend ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,874 Posts
    'Rest in Peace' in peace.
    Seems legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #175

April 2011
    533 Posts
    whoa whoa wait under towny wars only happen when admin wants them to happen? i dont like this anymore.

what is stopping me from just staying as a town and just killing people and them never being able to claim my land? it just seems like a really silly system that restricts players

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    towny blows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

17. Post #177

April 2011
    533 Posts
    towny blows
    i thought it was cool at first then i actually read the stuff and it seems horrid and not sandboxy at all

also this is basically like you telling swashies to just leave. they are brits and i bet most of these admin 'wars' will be american primetime aka bedtime for them

also all of the nether is telling me it i cant destroy in the wild so im trapped forever from home and cant even get home sweet

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,962 Posts
    also this is basically like you telling swashies to just leave. they are brits and i bet most of these admin 'wars' will be american primetime aka bedtime for them
    They already banned me and they were waiting on me to make a boat so they could connect my 37k 37k boat and one they had near spawn so they could escape.

Swashies aren't playing here anymore anyway, Lars quit, I'm banned and duk and that just don't give a fuck any more.

And when that means that save for Fucktown O Clock, GMT, The server will be DEAD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #179

April 2011
    533 Posts
    They already banned me and they were waiting on me to make a boat so they could connect my 37k 37k boat and one they had near spawn so they could escape.

Swashies aren't playing here anymore anyway, Lars quit, I'm banned and duk and that just don't give a fuck any more.

And when that means that save for Fucktown O Clock, GMT, The server will be DEAD.
    uh as if you didnt deserve to be banned. i should have reported you when you hacked against me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,962 Posts
    Towny will scare off pretty much everyone who ever enjoyed this server too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #181

April 2011
    533 Posts
    uh if it gets that bad i think sks will revert (i hope, towny is awful)

22. Post #182
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    Admins can turn on wars? Is this true?

Also fix wilderness.

I'm on the verge of complaning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183

April 2011
    533 Posts
    Admins can turn on wars? Is this true?

Also fix wilderness.

I'm on the verge of complaning
    *only admins can turn on wars. nations/towns cant just declare war on eachother = /

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    whoa whoa wait under towny wars only happen when admin wants them to happen? i dont like this anymore.

what is stopping me from just staying as a town and just killing people and them never being able to claim my land? it just seems like a really silly system that restricts players
    Players can declare wars too, admins can declare server wide wars.

Edited:

*only admins can turn on wars. nations/towns cant just declare war on eachother = /
    only admins can set up a "war time" which is a war between all nations
    see this page for more info: http://xshade.ca/projects/towny/tutorial/war/

Edited:

no it wouldnt.. the majority of our players seem to enjoy the change. It takes a bit of getting used to but so does every other plugin. I will leave this up, no negotiations untill next Wednesday. At such time i'll present the pros and cons of keeping the system, and allow the people to decide. Also a good way to avoid having shit put in that you dont like.. is to post a logical explanation as to why you dont like it.

25. Post #185
    IM WEIRD
    September 2007
    1,956 Posts
    I'm stuck outside the walls of Imperium.
    Reinvite pls.

Edited:

Oh btw I'm stuck in the wall 100 or so blocks up in imperiums outer walls.

help

26. Post #186
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    I can't mine or place shit in the nether

SKS we trusted you

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    I can't mine or place shit in the nether

SKS we trusted you
    Super simple fix, ill be at my computer in ~ 1 hour to fix it.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,768 Posts
    I don't like where this is going at all. Towny is great for large servers with a large population, but when this server has 10 people on average and 80% of them are Imperium, Towny just serves to limit the gameplay even more. I joined this server because it was a true continuation of Goose's server, and now you're changing it for the worse, it's like with the Swashies's server. They had a custom map and it wasn't like Goose's, thus not many people played on it.

Also on a more personal note, and I mean no offense, when I let you join my faction I didn't expect you to abuse creative mode as much as you did. You took what was supposed to take effort and just creative mode'ed it into existence. Not to mention what you were building was entirely too much for a small faction like mine to even work with, you didn't build within our means at all. You gave us a Great Wall of Creation Mode that overextended what we could even claim, let alone use, when all we needed and wanted was a small and functional base.

Now you've left and we inherited your outlandishly impractical project. You've single-handedly turned Vinland into North Korea. A desolate waste of empty buildings that only serve the purpose of being looked at, and I can tell you now that it's why me and a handful of other Vinland members stopped playing as often as we wanted, and why I couldn't even get more of my friends playing.

So SKS, what I suggest is that you just take a step back, and listen to your more influential members about what should be done and where things should go. I still believe your server has potential, and I'm not leaving, but I don't want to see yet another factions server die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    Server meeting.. nao. To discuss the future, and ideas that you want implemented. Join the server and join the discussion.

Edited:

I don't like where this is going at all. Towny is great for large servers with a large population, but when this server has 10 people on average and 80% of them are Imperium, Towny just serves to limit the gameplay even more. I joined this server because it was a true continuation of Goose's server, and now you're changing it for the worse, it's like with the Swashies's server. They had a custom map and it wasn't like Goose's, thus not many people played on it.

Also on a more personal note, and I mean no offense, when I let you join my faction I didn't expect you to abuse creative mode as much as you did. You took what was supposed to take effort and just creative mode'ed it into existence. Not to mention what you were building was entirely too much for a small faction like mine to even work with, you didn't build within our means at all. You gave us a Great Wall of Creation Mode that overextended what we could even claim, let alone use, when all we needed and wanted was a small and functional base.

Now you've left and we inherited your outlandishly impractical project. You've single-handedly turned Vinland into North Korea. A desolate waste of empty buildings that only serve the purpose of being looked at, and I can tell you now that it's why me and a handful of other Vinland members stopped playing as often as we wanted, and why I couldn't even get more of my friends playing.

So SKS, what I suggest is that you just take a step back, and listen to your more influential members about what should be done and where things should go. I still believe your server has potential, and I'm not leaving, but I don't want to see yet another factions server die.
    As for this, we're discussing the first paragraph. But as for the second and 3rd. I'm sorry about that. I really am. I have a very different play style and i suppose i should have told you guys about it. My apologies for this, and any future issues.

Edited:

Mkay, so the outcome of the discussion, changes that are being implemented TODAY:
    A complete rework of towny
    A complete rework of ore selling, and its prices
    Unfucking our plugins folder (it's got like 68 folders in it, 90% of which arent used)
    Reworking ruins, and how they work, and what they contain
    Reworking administration tools
    And a new map.
    Why a new map? this map has been great, and fun, but unfortunately its also filled with errors, and causing a ton of spam in the console. Now this is as much my fault as it is poor coding; I should have foreseen the consequences of half of the plugins we experimented with. I know this is bullshit, and I'm sorry; but there's just no way around it. I'll make a backup of the world, just in case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    I AM THE 24TH BEST FLOWSTORM PLAYER!!!!!
    November 2010
    285 Posts
    Soon as new gen is approaching, I would like to announce I now love you all again and you should thusly love me back in the most homo way possible, this also includes you Mr Sun. This time I will not be penis and will become how I was on gooses when i built shit all day. Also donate money to cure my woolio syndrome pls.

31. Post #191

April 2011
    533 Posts
    Soon as new gen is approaching, I would like to announce I now love you all again and you should thusly love me back in the most homo way possible, this also includes you Mr Sun. This time I will not be penis and will become how I was on gooses when i built shit all day. Also donate money to cure my woolio syndrome pls.
    you stopped loving me? =(

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,962 Posts
    does this mean i get unbanned or do i need to buy another alt

33. Post #193

April 2011
    533 Posts
    what would stop that other alt from getting banned right away? maybe you should not hack

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    I might unban you, ill have to consult with the others first.

35. Post #195
    June 2009
    431 Posts
    "Gee I wonder what the guys in goose's have been doing since I focused on 2b2t.net?"
    . . .

36. Post #196

April 2011
    533 Posts
    i still hate towny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    Ill also be rewording the rules, as well as creating new administration guidelines.

Edited:

i still hate towny
    Hopefully we can iron out a lot of that hate.. Also i still love you.

38. Post #198

April 2011
    533 Posts
    Ill also be rewording the rules, as well as creating new administration guidelines.

Edited:

Hopefully we can iron out a lot of that hate.. Also i still love you.
    we just figured out a critcal issue. can only place flags on surface but what if they just have a huge hole like imperium. cant claim it then.

Edited:

TOWNY 2012

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,708 Posts
    we just figured out a critcal issue. can only place flags on surface but what if they just have a huge hole like imperium. cant claim it then.

Edited:

TOWNY 2012
    Neato, keep testing, this helps devise ways of fixing a fuckton of problems

40. Post #200
    New Map?

Imperium, call me when you finished digging the hole...

Seriously, we've dug a hole how many times now? Only to never be put to use.
    Back up the world, maybe we can send the map to the Yogscast or some Minecraft Youtuber so they can explore it and get us more popular.

By the way, to fight the issue about a lack of players, maybe you should extend our server to other forums? Profan has done it, there is griefing but hell, thats all that Faction's is. Would add more excitement if we have to worry about miniature swashie camps popping up all over the place with the sole purpose to piss people off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)