Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,602 Posts
    the servers are still have there assholes ripped inside out, figures

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,672 Posts
    This is kinda getting ridiculous. If it was down for maybe an hour or so I would understand, but it REALLY is taking much longer than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #363
    June 2007
    807 Posts
    I've been trying off and on again for about 4 hours now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,841 Posts
    This is kinda getting ridiculous. If it was down for maybe an hour or so I would understand, but it REALLY is taking much longer than that.
    When Steam went totally down that one month recently and everybody save for about 20,000 people lost connection to steam it was down for less time than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,840 Posts
    Yeah, seems like some servers down the river are down and only a few people are getting the servers that are still up.

6. Post #366
    June 2007
    807 Posts
    There's like 6 other game updates that have been released today in addition to the TF2 one. Who thought this was a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    July 2008
    3,597 Posts
    Valve.

8. Post #368
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    There's like 6 other game updates that have been released today in addition to the TF2 one. Who thought this was a good idea?
    I have no clue how the valve servers are run, but I think it's strictly related to Sniper Elite. I'm downloading any other game at 2.5mbs constant.

9. Post #369
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,196 Posts
    Except nobody can get in. There's no "queue" for downloading. How can the servers be overloaded if nobody can get in?
    it's not my fault all you guys are doing is hammering the "download demo" button and breaking the servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,840 Posts
    it's not my fault all you guys are doing is hammering the "download demo" button and breaking the servers
    I'm pretty sure there's nowhere near enough people clicking the button to kill the servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,960 Posts
    I think it's safe to say now that you aren't a network technician
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,841 Posts
    No, it's valves for not having better server infrastructure because like I said this is hardly a new or uncommon occurrence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    March 2010
    2,211 Posts
    goddamit i want to enjoy blowing up some testicles with my sniper rifle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    759 Posts
    While we wait, I'll take a link to that windows theme if you would be so kind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    man fuck you guys
    overloading the server and shit

16. Post #376
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,518 Posts
    While we wait, I'll take a link to that windows theme if you would be so kind.
    windows theme:
    http://solmiler.deviantart.com/art/P...ws-7-188414149
    steam theme:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1914848
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,196 Posts
    I think it's safe to say now that you aren't a network technician
    no i just make calls to HP all day to have them fix my shit for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts

My high score
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,840 Posts

My high score
    when it gets that far

talk about false hopes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,960 Posts
    no i just make calls to HP all day to have them fix my shit for me
    Considering that Steam handles over 4 million users daily, and only 2.5 million people are online, I highly doubt the servers are being overloaded by people clicking a button.

21. Post #381
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Chrome makes sure it cancels it.....Trollhrome.

22. Post #382
    June 2008
    441 Posts

My high score

I win. And no I didn't get through, it stopped and failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

23. Post #383
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    lol just wait until they just release the demo.

24. Post #384
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,440 Posts
    Downloaded Overv's files, ran it through Steam and it worked perfectly. Using the Chilean server.

26. Post #386
    September 2007
    1,197 Posts
    Is there atleast any news about this from Valve?

27. Post #387
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Overv's files did not work for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,960 Posts
    Overv's files did not work for me.
    Read the post you got the files from.

29. Post #389
    December 2009
    818 Posts
    Can somebody upload the acf/ncf file used by the demo? (located in steamapps folder)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #390
    March 2010
    2,211 Posts
    it's still not working? are you kidding me?

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    759 Posts
    With all that cash, you'd think Valve would be sufficiently prepared for something like this...

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,841 Posts
    So it's around 8 hours later and the servers are still fucked. GG VALVE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,999 Posts
    Is it just me, or are their forums down as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,841 Posts
    With all that cash, you'd think Valve would be sufficiently prepared for something like this...
    Obviously not because this happens almost every single time there is a high profile release of some kind. Granted it usually doesn't last more than maybe a hour or so and I don't think the servers have ever been tanked to the point of total interoperability during such an event. Just slow speeds or brief connection issues.

Edited:

Is it just me, or are their forums down as well?
    Nope, it's down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    September 2007
    1,197 Posts
    I don't understand Russian (also don't know if it is legit) but Google Translate says the NCF can be downloaded by torrent half way down the page. Someone would have to register on the site.

http://rustorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1427647
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,745 Posts
    The thing that boggles my mind. When was Sniper Elite V2 ever a big release? Maybe I'm blinded by the Rockstars and Infinity Wards of the world though.

The demo was nice, but hory shet the nazi guards have superhuman eyesight.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,935 Posts
    I don't understand Russian (also don't know if it is legit) but Google Translate says the NCF can be downloaded by torrent half way down the page. Someone would have to register on the site.

http://rustorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1427647
    You are supposed to press steambackup file (don't know what it is, probably an exe) and then steam will use it's restore function

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,782 Posts
    fuck

im trying to install the demo to my laptop before i have to go for 4 days but i keep getting the steam servers error fuuuuuuuuuck

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    433 Posts
    The thing that boggles my mind. When was Sniper Elite V2 ever a big release? Maybe I'm blinded by the Rockstars and Infinity Wards of the world though.

The demo was nice, but hory shet the nazi guards have superhuman eyesight.
    At least you get to watch your bullets gib those smug eyeballs.

40. Post #400
    September 2007
    1,197 Posts
    You are supposed to press steambackup file (don't know what it is, probably an exe) and then steam will use it's restore function
    It won't work in this situation

Edited:

you missed my post up higer badatvidyagames, and redo this one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)