1. Post #241
    June 2008
    4,617 Posts
    Barh, everyone is raping the demo so i can't download!
    Yes, the download seems to keep suspending itself with every pause/unpause.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,568 Posts
    I was kinda expecting a Console port graphics wise.. but this is freaking awesome. And it uses DX11

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,382 Posts
    Well I'm surprised

1920x1080, Highest AA, Medium Shadows, Ambient Occlusion off, Ultra Textures, Ultra view distance, All the other goodies like motion blur turned on, runs perfect. On my HD 5750. I expected Moderate framerate at best due to it being a port, but it turns out it's all pretty solid

I did a Two for One kill. The shot went through the first guy, and hit the grenade of the guy behind him blowing his ass to nothing. I wish there was some Red Orchestra/Brothers in Arms type dismemberment though. There's also basically no load time. It takes literally 3 seconds from starting the mission, to being in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,590 Posts
    change it to ukraine thats what i did when the passing came out for l4d2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,388 Posts
    Does changing your regional settings effect the availability in any way?
    I've changed the server to everything from Malaysia to Ukraine - none of them work either.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,554 Posts
    I ran everything on Ultra and my FPS never dropped below 50. This game is very optimized by the looks of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,051 Posts
    So much for steam's new content delivery system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    July 2010
    3,698 Posts
    Poopy, so busy it won't even let me start the download. Will try again in an hour I guess.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,114 Posts
    I tried two others (Czech Republic and Ukraine) and the servers were still busy.

10. Post #250
    So much for steam's new content delivery system.
    Happens with every digital distribution program when thousands of people are downloading something at once
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    April 2011
    401 Posts
    Finished the demo on elite difficulty. Holy shit, that was awesome!

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,051 Posts
    Happens with every digital distribution program when thousands of people are downloading something at once
    Yeah but Steam did a major overhaul a few months ago to prevent just that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #253
    December 2010
    6,322 Posts
    Is it me or are there less x-ray kill cams than the console demo. It seems to be happening a lot less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,145 Posts
    Think it's the same, I went though a whole Xbox playthrough with just two happening.

15. Post #255
    April 2010
    1,713 Posts
    FUCKING LET ME FINISH THE DOWNLOAD STEAM

It practically finished about 20 minutes ago, and im just trying to download the last 40mb, but steam keeps suspending it. So now I have to go to sleep because I am fucking knackered and play it tomorow :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,348 Posts
    Got a question for you guys

Is it possible to shoot through the canvas covering the trucks that contains the scientist in the convey?

17. Post #257
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,138 Posts
    I hate when the downloading teases you. It goes to like, 80% for preparing the files to install, then it says the servers are too busy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    June 2008
    441 Posts
    Oh My God. Tried it over and over, busy. Switched to five different location around the globe. Busy. Try my area ONE last time SUCCESS!. No, wait, got 90% there and BUSY. God Dammit, I've never wanted a demo so much before.

19. Post #259
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    850 Posts
    i got to 50% of the download then it stopped ;(

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,382 Posts
    Finished the demo on elite difficulty. Holy shit, that was awesome!
    I had 3 trip mines and 3 land mines... So I planted them all around where the convoy would be stopped. Didn't even have to fire a bullet to complete the mission other than to trigger the satchel to stop the convoy. It was glorious

21. Post #261
    December 2010
    6,322 Posts
    it seems the game lessens the x-ray kills depending on what kind of performance you have so if I have higher settings I get less x-ray kills. On the ps3 version it happened with almost every head-shot/vital kill. On the PC version it just shows the bullet cam then the kill without x-ray or no cam at all; very few times will I get an x-ray kill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    omg let me start the download please steam

23. Post #263
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,644 Posts
    Oh for the love OF FUCK

the progress bar got to the end before stopping again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,382 Posts
    it seems the game lessens the x-ray kills depending on what kind of performance you have so if I have higher settings I get less x-ray kills.
    When I set the difficulty to Elite, I got 2 Kill Cams, when I set the AI difficulty to recruit, I get a kill cam 90% of the time. So after the elite playthrough where I used explosives to finish the mission, I just keep it on recruit for more carnage. Also play with all the aids off. It's more fun anyway when you don't have a red diamond showing you exactly where the bullet is going

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,017 Posts
    Shooting someone in the legs is harder than shooting some one in the head.

26. Post #266
    April 2010
    1,713 Posts
    I guess I will just play tomorow :(

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,051 Posts
    I remember the good ol' days when game demos were hosted on Filefront.

And you had to wait half an hour in a queue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,388 Posts
    I remember the good ol' days when game demos were hosted on Filefront.

And you had to wait half an hour in a queue.
    I've been trying every few minutes for the past two hours.

I'd prefer that over this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,636 Posts
    Game is fantastically optimized, I just played on the absolute maximum settings with no framedrop at all. Played through the demo 3 times and I still want to keep replaying it, this is fucking amazing.

30. Post #270
    April 2011
    401 Posts
    Ultra settings on 1920x1080 resolution.

These are the best 3 screenshots I took during my first playthrough of the demo.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    steam crashed on the last bar why what the fuck did i do to deserve this

32. Post #272

February 2010
    2,441 Posts
    wtf steam wont restart the download of the demo but will download yet another tf2 update at >1MB/s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,046 Posts
    Why the hell does steam suspend the demo and then start downlaoding updates for TF2 and APB? Download the shit I told you to.

34. Post #274
    February 2011
    936 Posts
    Fuck sake still can't get this demo. It's killing me!

35. Post #275
    October 2007
    1,999 Posts
    Everyone loves it when steam takes a shit when something new becomes available to download.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,193 Posts
    Norway servers are unrustled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    Once I play the Demo and confirm that I'm going to love this game, I'm preording, I love the PC exclusive TDM mode! http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sniper-elite-v2/1223225p1.html

38. Post #278
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    Playing on Sniper Elite is actually pretty easy, and a lot funner than the other difficulties. Feels a lot more satisfying when you knock out all the teeth of a sniper 300m~ and blow his brains across the wall without any help.

39. Post #279
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts

Holy fucking christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #280

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    It's like this thing is hosted from someone's basement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)