1. Post #281
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    PAX East playthrough article

New pictures. I have no fucking idea how the guys at the Alan Wake forums find these, but they do.

The banana this guy slipped on is out of frame.

There is also this guy's playthrough preview of the game with his thoughts on it. Pretty honest preview, considering how he bashes the console graphics in one paragraph.

Edited:

Oh cool, a new fan movie is being made that isn't that weird legally-doomed musical Payne & Redemption.

This one's called Valhalla.

Reminds me of how awesome the music was in max payne...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #282
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,235 Posts
    Wasn't it called Noir York City?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,052 Posts
    Wasn't it called Noir York City?
    Yes. Yes it was.
    Thus my bemused expression. I was being an annoying nitpicky fanboy.

ZE BEST OSSO BUCCO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #284
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Max Payne 3 has over 4 hours of cutscenes: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ADM283991/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,052 Posts
    I don't know whether that's a good thing or overkill...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #286
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Sweet jesus...

either the game's going to be more cutscene-heavy than metal gear solid, or the game's gonna be like 50 hours long...

Edited:

I have a sneaking suspicion that might include things like "Address unknown" and "lords and ladies" and stuff. I could see 40 minutes of that being taken up by full video episodes of that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    3,377 Posts
    As long as there is enough singleplayer gameplay to keep me occupied for a while, I'm happy with anything they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,844 Posts
    I think it's safe to say the singleplayer will be at least 10 hours long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    3,377 Posts
    I think it's safe to say the singleplayer will be at least 10 hours long.
    Hopefully longer. 10 hours doesn't seem that long at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,844 Posts
    It's quite a bit longer than the originals were and much longer than most games are these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #291
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    guys you sound worried

even if it's 5 hours long you're all going to replay it 666 times because it's going to be the best game ever. i know i will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,583 Posts
    I've always owned Max Payne 2, but i've never really played through it.
    It is an amazing game and rarely gets boring, but I just never really played through it.

Can anyone please tell me about how much % of the game i've completed? I'm at    The point where you crash into Vlad's place seeking for revenge because Vlad had hired those cleaners.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    It is an amazing game and rarely gets boring, but I just never really played through it.

Can anyone please tell me about how much % of the game i've completed? I'm at    The point where you crash into Vlad's place seeking for revenge because Vlad had hired those cleaners.   
    You've completed most of the game pretty much by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #294
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    anyone know how to make max not look like a midget in max payne 2? i'm playing widescreen resolution
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,442 Posts
    yeah well I got them working first wow copycat

Edited:

Still no upload? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #296
    November 2010
    8,655 Posts
    anyone know how to make max not look like a midget in max payne 2? i'm playing widescreen resolution
    Unfortunately you have to play in a 4:3 resolution in windowed mode so the game isn't stretched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    July 2006
    10,671 Posts
    guys you sound worried

even if it's 5 hours long you're all going to replay it 666 times because it's going to be the best game ever. i know i will.
    I replayed mp2 atleast 10 times over the years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,562 Posts

I'm playing as    Mona in the building Site, I'm trying to cover Max but there're these enemies I can't snipe and he keeps dying as he crosses the bridge.   

19. Post #299
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I'm playing as    Mona in the building Site, I'm trying to cover Max but there're these enemies I can't snipe and he keeps dying as he crosses the bridge.   
    You're about halfway through.

Holy shit I need sleep. I totally read your post wrong as if you were replying to what length you're at.

But to be the bit least of any help, I'm not sure depending on which part of the chapter you're on, but I found that if you have any other long-range weapon, like the Kalashnikov or other assault rifles, they're a far enough range to hit an enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #300
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    You mean you can't snipe because of how fast they move? Use bullet time.
    Or you mean you can't see them? Then move to the next scaffolding through the building.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,562 Posts
    You mean you can't snipe because of how fast they move? Use bullet time.
    Or you mean you can't see them? Then move to the next scaffolding through the building.
    It's really goddamn annoying.
       I'm on a scaffolding, there's an exchange between me and Max about "The crowd going wild". The mooks come out of a door beneath me, but they fire before I can see them and Max dies.   

22. Post #302
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Heads up for anyone aching weapons info:
    Rockstar Games Twitter posted:
    http://twitter.com/#!/RockstarGames/...27948776914945
    We've got a big new #MaxPayne3 weapons feature coming in about one hour w/ new video & more - get ready...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    fuck and i was just about to go to sleep

might as well stay up, watch some seinfeld and wait up for that now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #304
    January 2010
    120 Posts
    M1911
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,134 Posts
    Is there melee weapons in this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

26. Post #306
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I don't think so. They don't seem like they would have any use in a gunplay-centric game like this.

Here are the new screens featuring the M1911 (Beretta):

Does the second pic's tie make sense to anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #307
    July 2006
    10,671 Posts
    I've called the police, they're coming to take you away

I think you can use your guns as melee at close range
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,844 Posts
    It's not really "Max's favourite since day one" but I guess it makes for someone who knows stuff about guns to prefer a 1911 to a beretta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #309
    July 2006
    10,671 Posts
    Shooting down gang members in a Aloha shirt. 10/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #310
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    I don't think so. They don't seem like they would have any use in a gunplay-centric game like this.

Here are the new screens featuring the M1911 (Beretta):

Does the second pic's tie make sense to anyone?
    Yup.

It's a similar material to his shirt from MP1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #311
    June 2010
    5,668 Posts
    The gunshots sync with music partly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #312
    Yup.

It's a similar material to his shirt from MP1.
    Maybe he made that tie out of the shirt after all those gunshots had torn it in pieces
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    wait, since when is the 1911 a beretta or max's favourite gun? some pls explain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,844 Posts
    wait, since when is the 1911 a beretta or max's favourite gun? some pls explain
    It's kinda not, but it kinda makes more sense to be someone's who knows stuff about guns favorite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

35. Post #315
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    I would have said the beretta was max's favourite. It's definitely the gun I used the most in max payne 1 and 2...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

36. Post #316
    June 2010
    5,668 Posts
    The gun that Max has had "since day one" is M9 service Beretta, NOT 1911. 1911 is a whole new weapon to the series. I'm guessing it's the inbetween choice between Beretta and Desert Eagle in terms of power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

37. Post #317
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    It's kinda not, but it kinda makes more sense to be someone's who knows stuff about guns favorite.
    doesn't matter if it's the better gun, them saying it's his favourite since day 1 is kinda bullshit.

not that it matters and i'll love the game anyway, i just find it odd that's all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #318
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Rockstar said the singleplayer is as long as Max Payne 1/2. That's around 8 hours. They're counting on replayability of the singleplayer (because you will play it again) and the multiplayer. I know I'm going to be going through the singleplayer at least four times for the achievements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Lies. Max has never before used the M1911. Beretta all the way!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I want to fix up that guy before I post him here. Trying to fiddle with adding weapons to Max Payne 2, too. Got everything working except for HUD bits.

Edited:

Argh Hullu!

I will admit the M1911 thing is confusing. The theory was that he handed his Berettas in to the NYPD when he quit/retired, but now it just seems like Rockstar completely replaced the Berettas with the M1911s. I suppose it's possible that in the eight years between Max Payne 2 and 3 he adopted the M1911s as his new favorite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events