1. Post #641
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    June 2010
    5,577 Posts
    Well bollocks. If, and only f the crew is joined by over 250 people, we need to have secondary group. I can be an emergency crew creator if it comes to that if it's okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

3. Post #643
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,456 Posts
    Holy shit Jackald that description and group avatar are amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    15,129 Posts
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/153
    the max payne gametrailers episode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #645
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Holy hell, I started to hyperventilate a bit (I have breathing problems) just by that 20-minute footage. Seriously, the presentation really does look amazing, and even James McCaffrey himself said it exceeded his expectations. It's perfect.

And also, Rockstar Films at the end. I had a feeling they had something to do with all those effects that you see from the game. That's just awesome.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel when playing the actual game. I'm really tempted to also pre-order on PC version with my Xbox 360 Special Edition pre-order on the side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #646
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Holy hell, I started to hyperventilate a bit (I have breathing problems) just by that 20-minute footage. Seriously, the presentation really does look amazing, and even James McCaffrey himself said it exceeded his expectations. It's perfect.

And also, Rockstar Films at the end. I had a feeling they had something to do with all those effects that you see from the game. That's just awesome.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel when playing the actual game. I'm really tempted to also pre-order on PC version with my Xbox 360 Special Edition pre-order on the side.
    QFT

Can't wait anymore...1st june \o/

Also, i joined FP crew...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

7. Post #647
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    I hope we get dedicated servers, P2P would be awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #648
    January 2012
    265 Posts
    Saw this on TV. Looks absolutely badass. If I didn't have too many damn games to play I'd be already preordering. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    If they optimize the servers well enough, 250 v 250... Mother of God, it would be so awesome. I have a feeling there would be some form of the bloodz and cripz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    Wondered about this, will my retail key from the special edition register on Steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #651
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

12. Post #652
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    I hope I can still play with you guys.

Oh wait nevermind, it effectively uses the Social Club as a third-party DRM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Well they said matchmaking is through the Social Club, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #654
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Sad news, but I'm not going to buy it on Steam just to get achievements.

15. Post #655
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,886 Posts
    Okay, so we were playing Draw Something: poor edition today, and my friends couldn't get that this was max payne.

I know my drawing isn't the best, but that's so obviously max payne! How could anyone not see that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 4Winner x 2Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Okay, so we were playing Draw Something: poor edition today, and my friends couldn't get that this was max payne.

I know my drawing isn't the best, but that's so obviously max payne! How could anyone not see that?
    I know, right!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    February 2011
    455 Posts
    If they optimize the servers well enough, 250 v 250... Mother of God, it would be so awesome. I have a feeling there would be some form of the bloodz and cripz.
    I obviousy misread your post because there will never be multiplayer matches anywhere near that size in MP3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,108 Posts
    So the game doesn't use GFWL and instead R* own thingy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #659
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,886 Posts
    So the game doesn't use GFWL and instead R* own thingy?
    Yeah, it uses social club for all the core stuff (matchmaking, friends lists, crews etc), but has steam achievments if you buy it on steam. No GFWL at all.

20. Post #660
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    ninja'd

Edited:

I obviousy misread your post because there will never be multiplayer matches anywhere near that size in MP3
    If there's dedicated servers, probably 32/64 player games at the most. And even that's pushing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    I lost interest Max Payne 3 a while ago after being disappointed with the changes, but after seeing more stuff recently I've been won over. Looks like it's going to be fun, I hope the story doesn't suffer though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,108 Posts
    ninja'd

Edited:

If there's dedicated servers, probably 32/64 player games at the most. And even that's pushing it.
    I doubt there will even be 32 players in this game. Looks like 16 at most. 32 would've been nice though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #663
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I lost interest Max Payne 3 a while ago after being disappointed with the changes, but after seeing more stuff recently I've been won over. Looks like it's going to be fun, I hope the story doesn't suffer though.
    Sam Lake and Remedy really love it - so that gives you something to go for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,741 Posts
    I thought Max Payne 3 was a short cutscene in the latest GTTV - nope. It's the whole show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

25. Post #665
    December 2009
    1,986 Posts
    Call me a weird-O... but I've actually always loved matchmaking on popular well known games. It's fun to party up with a few friends and fight random people. Uncharted is a great example of what I'm talking about. I'm hoping a good majority of people are using mics!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #666
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    Call me a weird-O... but I've actually always loved matchmaking on popular well known games. It's fun to party up with a few friends and fight random people. Uncharted is a great example of what I'm talking about. I'm hoping a good majority of people are using mics!
    Matchmaking can be useful, but it's nice to join a specific server and have regulars that you know etc.

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,680 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

28. Post #668
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Get 5 off Max Payne 3 or any other item(s) over 35 with the coupon code "5OFF35".

PC Collector's Edition

Other editions

Edited:

Offer ends 07/05/12 at 23:59 or when it reaches its cap of 2000 redemptions, which ever comes first.

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,741 Posts
    holy shit
    Sir. It seems we have assumed the same identity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

30. Post #670
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    Get 5 off Max Payne 3 or any other item(s) over 35 with the coupon code "5OFF35".

PC Collector's Edition

Other editions

Edited:

Offer ends 07/05/12 at 23:59 or when it reaches its cap of 2000 redemptions, which ever comes first.
    This offer would be available after I pre-ordered.

Oh well, could have been worse.

31. Post #671
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    This offer would be available after I pre-ordered.

Oh well, could have been worse.
    You can cancel and re-order.

32. Post #672
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,108 Posts
    Wait so if I buy the game from Amazon I can't activate it on Steam? That fucking sucks.

33. Post #673
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,026 Posts
    The killcam looks fucking sweet.

I'm going to have so much fun finishing people off with a shot in the crotch and waiting for their reaction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    15,129 Posts
    http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/comics
    you can read the first comic now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

35. Post #675
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    Oh wait you can't buy a copy of the limited edition. For fuck's sake.

36. Post #676
    November 2009
    440 Posts
    Wow. That comic was really cool. I liked how it went to Max's past. Can't wait for the other issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Albania Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #677
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    Actually on the topic of the comic, it was actually a good read. What you'd expect from Sam Lake and Dan Houser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #678
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,456 Posts
    That was cool. Though I kinda didn't like the fact that Max drinks all the time. In his house, on the way to the cemetry, in the cemetry, on the way to the bar to get drunk again. I know they try to make a point here, but that was a little too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    June 2010
    5,577 Posts
    I felt so bad for Max when he hugged the gravestone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #680
    June 2008
    4,632 Posts
    That was cool. Though I kinda didn't like the fact that Max drinks all the time. In his house, on the way to the cemetry, in the cemetry, on the way to the bar to get drunk again. I know they try to make a point here, but that was a little too much.
    It does underline the fact that he is an addict looking for a few minutes to calm his nerves, without anyone or anything to do or live for. The point is he was basically an alcoholic, judging by the story, a pretty severe one too.