1. Post #361
    June 2010
    5,581 Posts
    Already found it, thanks anyway.

This is perhaps the only one thing that Steam sucks at: selling oldies that work proper instead of needing a truckload of 4th party programs to run them. Once, I spent 3 HOURS trying to get Knights Of The Old Republic to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #362
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,556 Posts
    just remembered i have max 1 &2 as gifts on steam. anyone want them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,835 Posts
    just remembered i have max 1 &2 as gifts on steam. anyone want them?
    I would love them, please! Mooe_df
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #364
    October 2007
    507 Posts
    :C, Can I have 2, I never played 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,835 Posts
    Source on that? :o

6. Post #366
    June 2009
    3,411 Posts
    Just preordered on steam and got a copy of Mp1 & MP2, anyone want?
    Edit: Max payne 2 given away.
    Can I have MP1?
    I've always wanted to play it.

Edited:

Here's the achievement list for Max Payne 3.
    Now it shows the pictures for the achievements and how much gamerscore you get for every achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,556 Posts
    I would love them, please! Mooe_df
    i've already given away the second one, but you can have the first one if you want

8. Post #368
    Thanks tons Zeraxify <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

9. Post #369
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Source on that? :o
    I read it in one of the previews. Don't remember which one, I'm afraid. I think it was one of the recent ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #370
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,748 Posts
    I wonder what OLD SCHOOL means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,380 Posts
    can i have mp1?
    Added you on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #372
    June 2010
    2,414 Posts
    Yes, I finally preordered it! Now I have to run through the first games...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #373
    June 2010
    5,581 Posts
    Lovely, almost all the achievements are call backs to MP1 and MP2.

Like "It's fear that gives men wings" which needs you to get a 10 kill streak in one bullet time activation.

Ahaha, "Dearest of all my friends" requires you to kill a guy on your friends list. I love that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    June 2010
    2,414 Posts
    Crap, both games are locked to Russian language in Russian store. I hope it won't be so in the third game, because it clearly states that it's a russian preorder version after the purchase... Gotta go steal language files
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,900 Posts
    damn it why am i always late to giveaways well if anyone got a copy of MP1 or 2 that they don't want i'd love em, i'll even give you a key for SMNC if you want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    October 2007
    1,488 Posts
    That's today's mentality: PCs are too damn expensive, consoles are the way to go.

I just love people who later bitch about their 30 fov locked gaming experiences on consoles.

Be a man and get a PC if you want real gaming. You can quote me on that!

P.S. Did I mention I hate consoles, not the console playing people? No flame intended...
    Be a man? You sir sound like a child.

Yes, PC is my favourite platform but I enjoy the exclusive games on PS3.

Plus certain genres play better on certain platforms. Down to opinion but anyone would agree. That they prefer for example a fps on a PC and a TPS on a console.

The main reason I wanted Max Payne 3 on my steam was so I can play 1 and 2 the a few days before the game is unlocked. If I have to get it on PS3 so be it. But the 35GB installation is already putting me off.

I might just flip a coin in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,668 Posts
    Plus certain genres play better on certain platforms. Down to opinion but anyone would agree. That they prefer for example a fps on a PC and a TPS on a console.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this isn't about how they play on different platforms, but how they play with different controllers. And as you can use a PC and just plug in a controller, I don't see any cons with using a PC for TPS games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,927 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this isn't about how they play on different platforms, but how they play with different controllers. And as you can use a PC and just plug in a controller, I don't see any cons with using a PC for TPS games.
    Yeah, I play Assassin's Creed on the PC with a controller. I just can't find a comfortable layout with the Mouse in Keyboard.

I also played GTA4 for the longest time with the 360 Controller. I'm not sure why, I use the M+K now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    My max payne 1 is weirdly bugged... I get no sound, i.e. the comic book cutscenes give no voice over. Instead I only get to hear my bullet shots. What's up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,836 Posts
    My max payne 1 is weirdly bugged... I get no sound, i.e. the comic book cutscenes give no voice over. Instead I only get to hear my bullet shots. What's up?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=848215
    Follow these steps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,697 Posts
    http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35504
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #383
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I wonder what OLD SCHOOL means.
    Max Payne 3 with Max Payne Advance-style gameplay, music, and graphics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,748 Posts
    Max Payne 3 with Max Payne Advance-style gameplay, music, and graphics?
    It sounds like a difficulty mode for it though, and you get the most points out of it. Unless it means using no cover what so ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

25. Post #385
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    It sounds like a difficulty mode for it though, and you get the most points out of it. Unless it means using no cover what so ever.
    Oh yeah, that, too. Probably just pure original Max Payne movement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    Almost done with MP1. I never completed it before, I had it on PS2 but it was impossible with a controller. Really fun game, surprising to see it run on 1920x1080 natively (although everything ingame is slightly stretched, the pixels are not).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I have to say, I've been very impressed with the graphics of MP1 while playing it recently.
    There's a lot of detailing that isn't normally there in games of that era.

28. Post #388

December 2011
    606 Posts
    They have aged really well, textures have higher quality than some console games that are released this year.

Some of the textures are made out of photographs, IIRC.

29. Post #389
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,462 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #391
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Mona's theme wins all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    I was looking for this track, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,008 Posts
    I recently finished MP1 too. I first played it many years ago when I was relatively young, but I could still remember a lot from the game as I progressed, a lot of familiar environments, it was like a literal nostalgia trip. It was even better than I had remembered it to be, and it was every bit as fun. On the other hand it was pretty fucking hard at times, even at the easiest skill-level. Those goons have amazing reaction-times and seriously lethal bullets.

That nightmare sequence though, ugh, never again. Disturbed me deeply as a kid, and it still does today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #394
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    That nightmare sequence though, ugh, never again. Disturbed me deeply as a kid, and it still does today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    I still haven't completed MP1, but I have to say that my favorite level is the    mansion with those three dudes in it who are supposedly holding Mona   .

Those are just plain irritating.

36. Post #396
    July 2006
    10,286 Posts
    Holy hell

I'm sure I've heard this in another game or something similar. Can't put my finger on it.

Edited:

I hope they have a trippy/nightmare sequence in 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,745 Posts
    Nothing like fighting yourself after killing your own wife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #398
    usa
    anarchisticstudios
    December 2011
    2,250 Posts
    Max Payne 2 has some pretty well scripted and detailed creepy scenes like    the funhouse where you meet mona   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,008 Posts
    On the other hand the "nightmare" sequence was pretty hilarious because of the weird shit that happens with the notes and the phone-calls. Especially the breaking of the 4th wall in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #400
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,180 Posts
    Big spoilers regarding MP2

I never really understood why Vlad betrays you, does he just do it because you know too much about him?