1. Post #5761
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Does softlock/hardlock do anything when you're using a keyboard and mouse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5762
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,883 Posts
    I always run out of ammo at that part. It happened on hard, it happened on old school, and it happened in arcade. I remember when I got to the RPG part, I didn't have any ammo at all to shoot it so I had to watch it explode me.
    I never ran out of ammo during that part of the favela mission. I usually just died too quickly because I missed a molotov.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #5763
    October 2008
    428 Posts
    This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know if the copy of LA Noire you get as a preorder bonus comes with the DLC or not?

4. Post #5764
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,283 Posts
    This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know if the copy of LA Noire you get as a preorder bonus comes with the DLC or not?
    I don't believe so.

5. Post #5765
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,277 Posts
    Ugh Im still trying to finish this game. I just want to finish single player and NEVER touch it again. There SO many small things that just irritate the fuck out of me. Whatever developer thinks that checkpoints are better than quicksaves needs to have all his organs removes slowly and painfully.

Edit: Why can't developers make ACTUALLY hard games? Every game now just resorts to cheap bullshit to artificially harden the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #5766
    November 2010
    1,325 Posts
    Payne in the sky

Happened once during old school mode :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Thailand Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

7. Post #5767
    January 2010
    4,013 Posts
    Payne in the sky

http://uppix.net/7/6/e/6fdb9de765d10...36181255df.jpg

Happened once during old school mode :V
    might be a good idea to just link that as a spoiler, it has subtitles in it that sort of have to do with part of the game that's important, even though it's fairly unspecific it still might get some jerk-off pissed-off and jack-off to the dumbs he gets while everyone tells him to fuck-off.

off.

8. Post #5768
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,955 Posts
    Is MP3 good? I'm considering buying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #5769
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,334 Posts
    if you don't plan on playing multiplayer then i'd say wait until it drops down in price. the single player story is fantastic but sixty dollars for it is a bit steep since you'll only play it for about 10 hours before starting to feel its repetition

10. Post #5770
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,955 Posts
    Actually, that's what I plan on doing after I beat SP.

11. Post #5771
    October 2009
    5,812 Posts
    i got some hardcore issues

bought at green man gaming

downloaded game,when unzipping the files was done eit gave me a error about adding some stufff to my install folder and then refused to do anyhting else

i got the game folder here all uncompressed but pressing playmaxpayne3.exe crashes the game

and the max payne 3 .exe does nothing

help

Edited:

now i get blackscreen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events

12. Post #5772
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,428 Posts
    Ugh Im still trying to finish this game. I just want to finish single player and NEVER touch it again. There SO many small things that just irritate the fuck out of me. Whatever developer thinks that checkpoints are better than quicksaves needs to have all his organs removes slowly and painfully.

Edit: Why can't developers make ACTUALLY hard games? Every game now just resorts to cheap bullshit to artificially harden the game.
    I'm pretty sure that the checkpoints were in the game due to technical limitations.
    I for sure haven't seen any RAGE game with quick saving.

And I don't recall any cheap parts of the game.
    Not even that favela part I mentioned last page.
    There your arm would catch on fire from the block if you tried blind firing, but it would not happend when aiming.
    But that part had no problem being solved with the use of a hard head.

As a tip for people encountering that LMG armor guy at the exploding rooftops:
    Get behind the middle cover and then make shootdodges between the cover on the left and the middle cover.

Edited:

i got some hardcore issues

bought at green man gaming

downloaded game,when unzipping the files was done eit gave me a error about adding some stufff to my install folder and then refused to do anyhting else

i got the game folder here all uncompressed but pressing playmaxpayne3.exe crashes the game

and the max payne 3 .exe does nothing

help

Edited:

now i get blackscreen
    Have you tried running it in safe mode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #5773
    October 2009
    5,812 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the checkpoints were in the game due to technical limitations.
    I for sure haven't seen any RAGE game with quick saving.

And I don't recall any cheap parts of the game.
    Not even that favela part I mentioned last page.
    There your arm would catch on fire from the block if you tried blind firing, but it would not happend when aiming.
    But that part had no problem being solved with the use of a hard head.

As a tip for people encountering that LMG armor guy at the exploding rooftops:
    Get behind the middle cover and then make shootdodges between the cover on the left and the middle cover.

Edited:

Have you tried running it in safe mode?
    yep.. after legal stuff the blackscreen comes ):

Tough... the game never asked me for my CD Key,in fact i had to create the registry file by myself as there was no installer...just the raw game files
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events

14. Post #5774
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Borrow someone's retail DVD's or something.

15. Post #5775
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,468 Posts
    So I beat the game in Single Player (can't play MP, french retail version is broken and without a crack the game won't get past the splashscreen, go figure), and I was kinda disappointed. I hoped they could pull off something interesting with the whole "Max has a new start" thing, but it kind of falls flat on its ass and I found myself completely uninterested in the characters and story faster than I had realized. Apart from Passos who's rather amusing none of the new characters are interesting or even remotely likable, and if the characters Max tries to save are not likable, then Max himself isn't likable either. The only moments that were truly good were the new york flashback, which show that the rockstar team would have been better off working on the simple yet interesting new york mafia story than on some south american intricate plot that's so convoluted you are guaranteed to lose track at least once.

Not only was the story disappointing, but the gameplay was sort of too : it's pretty much Max Payne 2 with intrusive cutscenes. I don't care how neat it looks to have a game that goes fluently from gameplay to cutscenes, you should still be able to at least go to the main menu. The inability to skip most cutscenes because the loading time needed is pretty much as long as the scene itself is infuriating as well and could have perfectly been avoided, by merely giving the ability to skip the cutscene (Max Payne 2 did it, and it worked fine), or by making the player able to load the entire level BEFORE starting it, which would have taken longer for sure, but then the gameplay could have been truly seamless. Plus, the cutscenes are in my opinion way too numerous and actually hack more the gameplay than making it more fluid.

So, yeah, basing myself on Single Player only, I was kind of rather disappointed at this game. I expected something a bit more than limited weapon carrying and unskippable cutscenes that make replaying the game horrendously tedious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #5776
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I liked the limited weapons, it was a nice touch IMO.

The cutscenes are bearable, but they just get frustrating especially in new york minute when you die right near the end of a level. I don't like that it doesn't really load an entire level at a time, just parts of a level with cutscenes inbetween, really does break the flow.

Also, I didn't like how the game threw you into cutscenes for things you would have had to do manually in max payne 1 or 2, like when he goes out side of the moderno and jumps onto the window cleaner's elevator thing.
    I mean yeah, it was nice to see the stunt work, but that just felt like such a throw off, really, there wasn't any point in MP3 in which you had to be cautious about where you moved with the risk of falling off, with the exception of some areas which you just had to make sure not to dive and you'd be fine (or dive but only in one direction). part of the challenge in MP1 and 2 was those dream sequences which you had to keep your balance on, or climbing around the outside of buildings etc. They broke up the pacing and gave you a bit of a break from the hectic action while still giving you a bit of a challenge and keeping your mind engaged, doing that with a cutscene doesn't really engage you, it just lets you watch some cool action scene
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #5777
    August 2007
    212 Posts
    While I don't think the game is very replayable with the unskippable cutscenes, I think it is a fantastic single player experience. At the beginning I was really annoyed I couldn't skip most of the cutscenes but after a while I didn't want to because they are extremely well made and interesting.

Also, the game has so many awesome setpieces, and the gameplay is great! I recommend that if you just want to have a good time play it on easy, since Max can die very fast and sometimes deaths feel really random. Even on easy you occasionally just die out of nowhere. But besides the random dealths the gunplay is really good and this is easily the best shooting in a Rockstar developed game.

I really hope GTA V takes a lot from the gunplay in this game. Shooting in GTA IV was the best in a GTA game but still meh, but if GTA V had gunplay as good as this game then the gunplay will be as fun as the driving.

18. Post #5778
    October 2009
    5,812 Posts
    finally got this to load up to the menu but since there is no socia game club window i cant enter my key so im stuck at "INITIALIZING"

Edited:

finally got it to work and mother of god runs surprisingly fast in my OLD pc

as well tried MP and all i can say its FUCKING awesome

getting used is hard tough every time someone shoots me from the back i have a small jump in my chair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #5779
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    While I don't think the game is very replayable with the unskippable cutscenes, I think it is a fantastic single player experience. At the beginning I was really annoyed I couldn't skip most of the cutscenes but after a while I didn't want to because they are extremely well made and interesting.

Also, the game has so many awesome setpieces, and the gameplay is great! I recommend that if you just want to have a good time play it on easy, since Max can die very fast and sometimes deaths feel really random. Even on easy you occasionally just die out of nowhere. But besides the random dealths the gunplay is really good and this is easily the best shooting in a Rockstar developed game.

I really hope GTA V takes a lot from the gunplay in this game. Shooting in GTA IV was the best in a GTA game but still meh, but if GTA V had gunplay as good as this game then the gunplay will be as fun as the driving.
    I don't get why people would want to skip cutscenes on their first playthrough. They're interested and well made. I understand wanting to skip them on subsequent playthroughs(which you can once the level loads), but the first time through the game I would never skip a scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #5780
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I like to put all of my game shortcuts in a folder on my desktop, but the big orange '3' didn't fit with the other Max Paynes.

download

bigger version

Edited:

ok I made myself a new avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #5781
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,543 Posts
    Anyone notice a lack of cheaters lately or is it just me? I haven't encountered any for the last two weeks...maybe the fear of Rockstar's retribution against cheaters was enough to let most of it die down.

Or maybe I was just lucky to get into cheating free matches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5782
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    They've already implemented the cheaters pool I believe, and many people are now reporting cheaters now that there is an official email specifically for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

23. Post #5783
    November 2009
    440 Posts
    Anyone notice a lack of cheaters lately or is it just me? I haven't encountered any for the last two weeks...maybe the fear of Rockstar's retribution against cheaters was enough to let most of it die down.

Or maybe I was just lucky to get into cheating free matches.
    It's been the opposite for me. The first two matches I joined there was one cheater in each of them. I reported one of them to Rockstar, and I await their response.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Albania Show Events

24. Post #5784
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,462 Posts
    MOVE YOU'RE GONNA LOOOOOOOSE HER!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #5785
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,802 Posts

You should also make "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING HERE" and "I KNOW EVERYTHING".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #5786
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    You should also make "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING HERE" and "I KNOW EVERYTHING".
    "GOD DAMMMIT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #5787
    June 2010
    5,596 Posts
    "THEY GOT AN ARMADA OUT HERE!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #5788
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,750 Posts
    I NEEDED HELP FIVE MINUTES AGO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

29. Post #5789
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,832 Posts
    MOVE YOU'RE GONNA LOOOOSE HER!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #5790
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,750 Posts
    It was like Baghdad with G-strings.

31. Post #5791
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,758 Posts
    It was like Baghdad with G-strings.
    *fallujah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

32. Post #5792
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,750 Posts

33. Post #5793
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,428 Posts
    "GOD DAMMMIT"
    I was going to record and upload that part today, because it would serve as a perfect reaction video.

34. Post #5794
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    please do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5795
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    "I'd killed more cops than cholesterol...."

36. Post #5796
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,678 Posts
    why the hell does that fat ex-cop guy show up everywhere

Edited:

you see him 3 times in the story, all of them are coincidences

wtf

37. Post #5797
    June 2010
    5,596 Posts

Edited:

wtf
    Lil' easter egg, I guess.

38. Post #5798
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,973 Posts

Edited:

wtf
    You mean Da Silva?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

39. Post #5799
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,283 Posts
    You mean Da Silva?
    Talking about the guy in the    bathroom stall of the club   , You meet him again in the    favela before the skin joint    and again    at the airport in the bathroom   

40. Post #5800
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,758 Posts
    Is there any steam group or something for FP MP3 squad? MP3 normal multiplayer gets boring way too fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events