1. Post #41
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts

R* G posted:
    Announcing a 3-part original Max Payne 3 comic series created in partnership between Rockstar Games and Marvel Custom Solutions - to be released as a digital graphic novel and in limited print editions.

Written by Dan Houser and Remedy's Sam Lake, and featuring cover art from Greg Horn and pencils and inks by Fernando Blanco, this original Max Payne 3 comic series will delve into Max's troubled past - exploring the events that occurred in and around both Max Payne and Max Payne 2, leading up to Max Payne 3 while also shedding new light on Max's early years.

Look for Issue #1: "After the Fall" to be released in the next few weeks for free via the Rockstar Newswire, the Max Payne 3 Official Site and additional digital comic channels. Stay tuned for more updates.

[SUB]TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.[/SUB]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    June 2008
    4,669 Posts
    For the MP3 multiplayer, is there some sort of cool killcam?

I do believe a kick-ass killcam would accentuate the multiplayer

Edited:

Oh shit, that comic sounds cool.

Being written by Dan Houser and Sam Lake it can't go wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #43
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Written by Dan Houser and Remedy's Sam Lake
    YES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    For the MP3 multiplayer, is there some sort of cool killcam?

I do believe a kick-ass killcam would accentuate the multiplayer

Edited:

Oh shit, that comic sounds cool.

Being written by Dan Houser and Sam Lake it can't go wrong.
    I can't quite remember what it is, but they did say there is some sort of kill-cam system when you get killed. Something that shows you how you died, or where the bullets hit you and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts

I hope the TV shows return.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

6. Post #46
    June 2008
    4,669 Posts

I hope the TV shows return.
    And Sam Lake will hopefully be the protagonist in these again. Those faces cannot be the same.

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,344 Posts
    And Sam Lake will hopefully be the protagonist in these again. Those faces cannot be the same.

Edited:

Edited:

After seeing those images, I think I died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

8. Post #48
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Damn, I didn't get to make the thread and now everybody's beating me in terms on news posts.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,707 Posts
    Sam Lake's next game should have Sam Lake play every character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

10. Post #50
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Sam Lake's next game should have Sam Lake play every character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 22Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    January 2010
    4,272 Posts
    talking about sam lake...did someone think that in alan wake they could have zombies or darkness beasts instead of angry farmers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,707 Posts
    talking about sam lake...did someone think that in alan wake they could have zombies or darkness beasts instead of angry farmers?
    Omega 3 fatty acids are good for your heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts

Edited:

Oh yeah, should probably post these. They're both from October 2011.

[h2]Remedy talks Max Payne 1 & 2 [/h2]

[h2]Remedy talks Max Payne 3[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7Late Late x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    How is this?

Edited:

Why does automerge break like that?

Edited:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/McCaffrey_Max.mp2m
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    15,188 Posts
    At the official Max Payne 3 site today, you'll find the latest intelligence dossier documenting one of the game's most notorious forces, the Crachá Preto paramilitary faction of São Paulo. The detailed file on this ruthless vigilante squad reveals that they're far from an amateur band of gunmen - their 400 strong army consists of hardened and highly-trained specialized police, firefighters and even rogue active military men.

Although they claim to be a 'community self-defense force', the report reveals a more sinister side with a history of extortion, blackmail and drug trafficking - amongst other nefarious deeds. Their leader, Álvaro Neves and right-hand man, Milo Rego are men to be feared - and will not hesitate to deploy swift and violent action against any perceived enemy or obstructionist threat.

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayn...d_gangs/cracha
    One of São Paulo's most notorious organizations, the ruthless vigilante squad known as the Crachá Preto is a self-proclaimed "community self-defense force" that causes far more terror than tranquility in those that they claim to protect. Comprised of off-duty cops, firefighters and even active military men, the Crachá Preto are a treacherous gang filled with some of UFE's most marked men.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    These guys look scary as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57

December 2011
    606 Posts
    I really hope those are console screen-shots, seriously. It looks like 2006 era game from those screen-shots. Also the "idle" poses for weapons (the guy with shotgun, for example9 look bit silly to me.

I really hope this turns out good, there have not been enough good single-player 3rd person shooters (where you can jump over chest high fence) lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #58
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    They are console screenshots. There have only about 10 PC screenshots released. PC is being developed alongside the console versions equally, and will feature DX11 tessellation + optimization for lower-end PCs.
    Here's a few:

Oh yes, and these are new, or I haven't seen them.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dangit Peggy, who threw out this mayon naise jar; I use it to store, extra screws.
    February 2008
    941 Posts
    I really hope those are console screen-shots, seriously. It looks like 2006 era game from those screen-shots. Also the "idle" poses for weapons (the guy with shotgun, for example9 look bit silly to me.

I really hope this turns out good, there have not been enough good single-player 3rd person shooters (where you can jump over chest high fence) lately.
    Pretty sure all screenshots taken at 1280x720 are console shots and anything above that resolution are PC screens, iirc.

Sweet, just got an email back from Rockstar confirming the Steam Pre-order will be unaffected by any pre-order deadlines.

Meaning it will be the same til launch. Gotta love Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Great, those look like they're from this decade:).

Some parts of those screen-shots look bit a cell-shaded, which i'm fine with as long as it fit's the game. Those benches at the stadium, for example.

Clothing looks really impressive at the moment, hope they do physics well for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,372 Posts
    These guys look scary as hell.
    They don't look like goons. I think that's what makes them scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    November 2010
    2,763 Posts
    Holy hell, yes! I always liked the Cinema mod for MP2, but I disliked the bullet time music and new player skins. So today I decided to take a crack at removing them from the mod, and you know what? I managed to get rid of both of the things! Granted, it took me a few hours, and I really screwed up on the first try, but it's flawless now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,372 Posts
    Did anyone play the Retardo mod for MP2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

24. Post #64
    October 2010
    13,409 Posts
    I sure hope a GTX570, i5-2500k and 4gb of RAM can run the singleplayer on highest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    Do you guys think that Max Payne 3's MP will utilize final kill cam from SP to show the final kill?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Dangit Peggy, who threw out this mayon naise jar; I use it to store, extra screws.
    February 2008
    941 Posts
    Do you guys think that Max Payne 3's MP will utilize final kill cam from SP to show the final kill?
    It will be a huge mistake if doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #67
    June 2008
    4,669 Posts
    Oh god that would be fucking amazing.

28. Post #68
    July 2006
    10,671 Posts
    and it should be shown to everyone as it happens, not aftewards (if that's possible)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,135 Posts
    And the person who fired the shot should decide how slowly everyone has to watch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    September 2010
    3,269 Posts
    Just looking at the pictures big fat ass posted I really wonder how earlier people say they didn't see anything noir in the game. Seriously, that looks gritty as fuck, especially Max's expressions everywhere.

Edited:

And the person who fired the shot should decide how slowly everyone has to watch it.
    I think that would be abused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,453 Posts
    Only 400 strong? Looks like they're going to be eliminated in Max Payne 3.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    and it should be shown to everyone as it happens, not aftewards (if that's possible)
    Except that'd break the flow of gameplay, it should just be at the end of a round but be whoever had the most flashy kill or whatever.

33. Post #73
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,135 Posts
    I think that would be abused.
    If you can't slow it down too much and can't reverse it I don't see how it could be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    How strong would the body armor to block bullet's shot out? In some screens Max appears to be wearing one, does it really help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,042 Posts
    Anyone who would like the first two Max Payne games?

I got them for free with Max Payne 3 and all my friends pretty much owns them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #76
    Anyone who would like the first two Max Payne games?

I got them for free with Max Payne 3 and all my friends pretty much owns them.
    I'd like to have them, if I get them for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,042 Posts
    I'd like to have them, if I get them for free.
    Of course, I wouldn't ask otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I don't know about the idea of having everyone view any single killcam in the match.
    Unless I'm getting the idea of it wrong, it sounds like it could get in the way of things. Because I'd think that players will be killed pretty quickly, but also a LOT.

I mean, it'd be fine as a final killcam. Maybe if any killcam were the case, killing the enemy pretty fast and a lot won't be much a problem in the long run.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I have to say, the AI in the first Max Payne is spectacularly bad.
    360 degree vision and the habit of freezing every time Max goes out of direct LoS is a pain in the ass to fight against.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #80

December 2011
    606 Posts
    AI is easy to abuse in first 2 games, since they must see Max's torso in order to shoot. Since max is in left side of the screen, and you aim at the middle, you can position yourself so that only your arm is visible from to the enemy. Then you can freely shoot them in the head, with no opposition.

Also, enemies can only push the door in order to open, not pull. In first max payne you could melee enemies through doors, and in the second one you can push them down by opening the door in front of them. With lots of quick saving and exploring for extra pills, Max Payne 1&2 are not that hard games, even on higher difficulties.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)