1. Post #1241
    January 2011
    639 Posts
    man i hate that cover system now in max payne 3 instead of not running and gunning and using the shootdodge often . cause everyone is just going to be using it 24/7 *annoyed mood* (i was watching some walkthrough on another site and all the guy was doing was just using the cover system
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1242
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    man i hate that cover system now in max payne 3 instead of not running and gunning and using the shootdodge often . cause everyone is just going to be using it 24/7 *annoyed mood* (i was watching some walkthrough on another site and all the guy was doing was just using the cover system
    don't use it then
    problem fucking solved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    January 2011
    639 Posts
    don't use it then
    problem fucking solved
    i plan on doing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1244
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    From what people have said over on /v/, enemies are almost as mobile as max, so camping in cover doesn't work for long. It's really just useful for hiding and scoping the area out before you run and gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1245
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    then why are you complaining about it

Edited:

also you could never just run in blindly into an area and start shooting wildly in MP1 or 2 so it's not like it makes a difference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #1246
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    CAN'T STOP LISTENING

Edited:

Needs trenchcoat , cargo pants and spaghetti.
    I like how the backing in this track is a variation of the steel drum / guitar strum in the background of this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #1247
    January 2011
    639 Posts
    then why are you complaining about it

Edited:

also you could never just run in blindly into an area and start shooting wildly in MP1 or 2 so it's not like it makes a difference
    yeah that is true

@ Jackald

that is also true i saw the ai do that on one guys stream were he would be in cover and suddenly there would be this guy right behind ready to shoot him in the back of the head .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #1248
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    From what i've heard, the cover system is useful for hiding and assessing the situation, figuring out a strategy, then launching into action. That's no different to how MP1 and MP2 were; the firefights were often spontaneous and sudden, but you usually needed some sort of vague idea of who to shoot first, especially later in the games.

9. Post #1249
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,977 Posts
    I beg to differ, i always did that, and i got out okay most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #1250
    June 2010
    5,665 Posts
    From what i've heard, the cover system is useful for hiding and assessing the situation, figuring out a strategy, then launching into action. That's no different to how MP1 and MP2 were; the firefights were often spontaneous and sudden, but you usually needed some sort of vague idea of who to shoot first, especially later in the games.
    Just like in the movies where a bunch of dudes are like "Oh shit, you guys got a plan?" And then they burst into action once they have their shit and tactic sorted out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

11. Post #1251
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    I beg to differ, i always did that, and i got out okay most of the time.
    I don't know what difficulity you were playing but if you started reloading or at least had a moment where someone was shooting at you and you weren't shooting at them, at least in max payne 1 you were dead right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

12. Post #1252
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Just like in the movies where a bunch of dudes are like "Oh shit, you guys got a plan?" And then they burst into action once they have their shit and tactic sorted out.
    Yeah, but "plans" in Max Payne are like "Okay, shoot the guys who are looking at me first before they murder me, then improvise"

but if you don't have a simple plan like that, you're fucked.

13. Post #1253
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,977 Posts
    I don't know what difficulity you were playing but if you started reloading or at least had a moment where someone was shooting at you and you weren't shooting at them, at least in max payne 1 you were dead right there
    MP1 and 2 are very different in this aspect seeing as you can reload very quickly in the latter if you use bullet time, and i was mostly referring to the second one, although i did do that most of the time in the first as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #1254
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,759 Posts
    I use cover all the time in Max Payne. It usually has me standing face towards the wall trying to manipulate the camera to see enemies around the corner.

This usually leads to me shootdodging from cover to cover. I imagine it will be even more awesome now. Shoot dodging across a doorway straight into a wall shoulder first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1255
    June 2008
    4,668 Posts
    I really do love the physical reactions to obstacles because of Euphoria, eg. in the multiplayer gameplay video last page, he was trying to dive over a railing and his legs clanged off of them. (proceeding to slam the floor with his back)

16. Post #1256
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    517 Posts
    I really do love the physical reactions to obstacles because of Euphoria, eg. in the multiplayer gameplay video last page, he was trying to dive over a railing and his legs clanged off of them. (proceeding to slam the floor with his back)
    Also this sequence right at the end of the first video:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #1257
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,306 Posts

I'll finish this some other time.
    I'm fucking tired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #1258
    June 2010
    5,665 Posts
    Max is having a bad day, with his hand bumping into an obstacle, grenade blast slides him to the other end of room and finally he gets shot. Likes something out of The Naked Gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #1259
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Dem.

Physics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #1260
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Just preordered Max Payne 3 for PC. I'm so fucking excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #1261
    June 2010
    5,665 Posts
    Just preordered Max Payne 3 for PC. I'm so fucking excited.
    Only five days for you if you're european like me. If not, well sucks. You have my sympathies in that case.

22. Post #1262
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    Only five days for you if you're european like me. If not, well sucks. You have my sympathies in that case.
    You mean 2 weeks.

Edited:

2 weeks and 5 days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

23. Post #1263
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,734 Posts
    I didn't get a chance to watch any of those videos :(

Can someone PM me them if any of you downloaded them before they went down?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1264
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,868 Posts
    I have to wait until the end of the month for the PC edition to come out. It really sucks.

Also, I sent an invite to the crew (Eroobus).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #1265
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    I kinda wish they kept some of the graphical bits from Red Dead. Things like animation changes and speed when moving up and down stairs and hills, and the blood soaking through your clothes when you got hit. Those were things that were already created, and I think they should've carried them over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #1266
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,330 Posts
    I kinda wish they kept some of the graphical bits from Red Dead. Things like animation changes and speed when moving up and down stairs and hills, and the blood soaking through your clothes when you got hit. Those were things that were already created, and I think they should've carried them over.
    Pretty sure they did keep those features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #1267
    June 2010
    2,502 Posts
    I've just completed Max Payne on Hard Boiled. Not gonna do a DOA playthrough because the game is fucking exhausting, got 'nuff already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

28. Post #1268
    July 2010
    699 Posts
    Just completed it.

I have few words to describe awesome it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ukraine Show Events

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,934 Posts
    Since i never played a Max Payne game before, and the third one has sparked my interest. I thought i would buy the first one on xbox and get a feel for it.

I wish i knew about these games sooner, so far im enjoying it. Although im scratching my head what 3D realms have to do with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1270
    March 2010
    793 Posts
    Hey, I asked for an invite to the crew.

31. Post #1271
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,751 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,126 Posts
    Just completed it.

I have few words to describe awesome it was.
    How long did it take you?

33. Post #1273
    July 2010
    699 Posts
    How long did it take you?
    1:00 PM - 23.30 PM.
    Died a lot of times(50, maybe), I don't think I'll be up for these kinds of marathons for a long time.

34. Post #1274
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,473 Posts
    so here i was going to preorder max payne 3
    and then...
    An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region
    GOD DAMN IT STEAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #1275
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,965 Posts
    1:00 PM - 23.30 PM.
    Died a lot of times(50, maybe), I don't think I'll be up for these kinds of marathons for a long time.
    22 hours? Holy fucking shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1276
    July 2010
    699 Posts
    22 hours? Holy fucking shit.
    No, no, 12.

37. Post #1277
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    so here i was going to preorder max payne 3
    and then...

GOD DAMN IT STEAM
    Get someone to gift it to you then paypal them the money.

38. Post #1278
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,934 Posts
    Okay, im guessing im in the first dream of the game now. I think im a bit lost.

39. Post #1279

December 2011
    606 Posts
    In the maze go left-left-left-right-right, iirc.

40. Post #1280
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,934 Posts
    As soon as i said that i got past that maze, and now its that Blood trail that i'd suppose would be the baby's room. Threw me off guard. I should quick save more...