1. Post #1641
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    I'm definitely wanting to pick this up when the PC release happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1642
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    404 Posts
    Is there any screenshots of Mona yet? sorry if i'm late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

3. Post #1643
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I'd buy it on console if it were any other game with a delayed release...but I just don't feel right because it's Max Payne. When you have a series born, deeply rooted, and memorized as one of the finer PC titles, buying it on a console just doesn't feel right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #1644
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,153 Posts
    GTA 4 PC was released 6 months after console versions...

Main thing here is that GTA 4 was ported in that 6 months and MP3 is being developed from the start for PC...delay is probably to prevent piracy and Diablo 3
    I bought both Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3, I will have a hard time deciding between those let alone having exams in the same week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1645
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,641 Posts
    I've been playing for a couple hours now, I'd love to answer any burning questions from our patient PC gamers.

6. Post #1646
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    709 Posts
    Is that a bad thing though?

(also join the facepunch crew)
    I meant it as a good thing, who does not want to be John McClane, Sadly I don't think i can join the group. I got it for the PS3. Unless it does not matter.

7. Post #1647
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Has anybody found out if I get Retro Max for buying the Special Edition? I've been sending R* about an e-mail a day about it as of a week ago, but I think they're busy. I'd be pissed as shit if I have to buy it a few weeks after and be late to the party. Christ.

Also, supposedly there is going to be another Q&A on May 24th.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #1648
    April 2011
    2,853 Posts
    I meant it as a good thing, who does not want to be John McClane, Sadly I don't think i can join the group. I got it for the PS3. Unless it does not matter.
    Join FP consoles then.

9. Post #1649
    April 2007
    1,907 Posts
    this game is awesome, but why does the screen flash every now and then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #1650
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    That's the camera flash for when the game takes pictures of you and sends them to the government.

Edited:

Oh yes, on the classic Max Payne, I was told that you can mix and match clothing, and that you can still use the model in the promo image. I don't have the game, so don't trust me.

11. Post #1651
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    262 Posts
    That offer was only available up until the 15th (today)

sorry, you just missed it :(
    Ah damn, I had a feeling that was it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #1652
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,187 Posts
    I'd buy it on console if it were any other game with a delayed release...but I just don't feel right because it's Max Payne. When you have a series born, deeply rooted, and memorized as one of the finer PC titles, buying it on a console just doesn't feel right.
    Amen, I intend to buy the retail PC copy on release day. I know Max Payne was released for consoles too, but shootdodging just won't ever feel right without a mouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1653
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    709 Posts
    Okay I went ahead and tried to join the crew.

also decide to buy the Rockstar pass.

14. Post #1654
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,436 Posts
    I've been playing for a couple hours now, I'd love to answer any burning questions from our patient PC gamers.
    How much does Max actually interact with the environment while shoot-dodging (Tumbling down stairs, slamming against walls etc.)?

15. Post #1655
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,125 Posts
    I haven't heard anything about this, but when dual wielding is it possible to fire your weapons independently? As in the left trigger fires the left gun, right fires the right.

In all the gameplay I've seen, it looks like they just run off the same button.

16. Post #1656
    June 2008
    442 Posts
    Do you auto-pickup guns if you have an empty slot? I'm thinking of doing a one-gun run, switching only when out of ammo.

17. Post #1657
    April 2009
    192 Posts
    How much does Max actually interact with the environment while shoot-dodging (Tumbling down stairs, slamming against walls etc.)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #1658
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,963 Posts
    I was playing Payne Killer, and I was Payne on Hoboken Tenaments. I hit my bullet time, dived out a window. AND THEN

landed in the middle of a pile of enemies who proceeded to rape me.

Edited:

Also Mini-30 all day.

Edited:

And I think the console crew is unnecessary, just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #1659
    April 2009
    1,269 Posts
    Do you auto-pickup guns if you have an empty slot? I'm thinking of doing a one-gun run, switching only when out of ammo.
    You don't auto pickup guns.

I haven't heard anything about this, but when dual wielding is it possible to fire your weapons independently? As in the left trigger fires the left gun, right fires the right.

In all the gameplay I've seen, it looks like they just run off the same button.
    From what I have played, you can't shoot the guns independently unless one gun runs out of bullets.

20. Post #1660
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,747 Posts
    Somehow, I think that's not a glitch/bug like it says on the video title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

21. Post #1661
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,641 Posts
    Shootdodging is really dependent on where you are, if you hit a wall it'll basically end right there, and it'll probably end up with you dying.. Most of the time you'll just clip objects, and you won't go tumbling down stairs but you will painfully slide down them.

My most 'painful' screw-up was when I jumped back at the stadium level, and Max's shoulder hit the corner of the concrete at the end of the bleachers. He ended up bouncing off of it and landing flat on his back.

Edited:

Nope, you have to pick up all the guns manually, but ammo salvaging is automatic. If you pick up a gun while moving Max picks it up while rolling, so you don't have to stop and press the button.

The way the inventory is done is really cool aesthetically. You can carry three weapons: Two single handed guns and one two handed gun (As Max has two holsters). If you have a two handed gun in your inventory and you're using a pistol, Max carries the two handed gun in his left hand while shooting the pistol with his right (He also holds the two-handed weapon between his arm and his body during reloads, which is a nice touch).

However, if you have two pistols and a rifle, switching to dual pistols makes you drop the rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #1662
    September 2009
    7,345 Posts
    Shootdodging is really dependent on where you are, if you hit a wall it'll basically end right there, and it'll probably end up with you dying.. Most of the time you'll just clip objects, and you won't go tumbling down stairs but you will painfully slide down them.

My most 'painful' screw-up was when I jumped back at the stadium level, and Max's shoulder hit the corner of the concrete at the end of the bleachers. He ended up bouncing off of it and landing flat on his back.
    Sounds like players have to actually take the environment into account so they don't screw themselves over instead of simply abusing Shootdodge and only suffering from the brief second Max took to stand back up from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1663
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,902 Posts
    The way the inventory is done is really cool aesthetically. You can carry three weapons: Two single handed guns and one two handed gun (As Max has two holsters). If you have a two handed gun in your inventory and you're using a pistol, Max carries the two handed gun in his left hand while shooting the pistol with his right (He also holds the two-handed weapon between his arm and his body during reloads, which is a nice touch).

However, if you have two pistols and a rifle, switching to dual pistols makes you drop the rifle.
    What... so Max can't carry five pistols, an MP5, an assault rifle, an auto shotgun, a rocket launcher, 10 grenades and 10 molotov cocktails all while sprinting??? Madness!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #1664
    January 2011
    638 Posts
    Edited:

Oh yes, on the classic Max Payne, I was told that you can mix and match clothing, and that you can still use the model in the promo image. I don't have the game, so don't trust me.[/QUOTE]

i didnt find any images BUT i did find this

(mind the jackasses in the bg of the video)

they are unlocks in the arcade mode from this link
    http://www.gamesradar.com/max-payne-...eball-bat-boy/

EDIT

for those who wanted to see the classic skin dlc in action here is the mona sax avatar PLUS there is some voice dialouge that comes with it aswell

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #1665
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,599 Posts
    I don't know if my game keeps glitching out or something but the multiplayer load times are fucking horrendous. I'm talking like 3-4 minutes to load a map. I really hope it's just me because if the load times are that bad i'm just not going to play multiplayer at all

26. Post #1666
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Just finished disk 1 within a couple hours.. Holy fuck some guys need way too many bullets to die.

27. Post #1667
    January 2011
    638 Posts
    well here is all the models from the classic character pack

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1668
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    This game is beyond frustrating. Max controls like a tank, similar to the way Grand Theft Auto 4 and Red Dead Redemption moves. There's this slight delay to all of your actions which has caused me to die several times. Speaking of dying, am I the only one that finds this game really hard? I'm only playing on normal, but I've already died a ridiculous amount. Also I have a few minor nitpicky things that have been bothering me, such as not being able to dive without going into slow motion.

Honestly this game feels like it has an identity crisis. I can't tell if I should be playing it slower and using cover, or running and gunning. Neither option seem to really work, and it's just boring staying behind cover all the time.

I was really looking forward to this game, but now I'm considering selling it off. The controls are really off putting. Is anyone else having this much trouble?

edit: I should probably mention I have only played the single player. Apparently the multiplayer controls are slightly snappier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #1669
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    This game is beyond frustrating. Max controls like a tank, similar to the way Grand Theft Auto 4 and Red Dead Redemption moves. There's this slight delay to all of your actions which has caused me to die several times. Speaking of dying, am I the only one that finds this game really hard? I'm only playing on normal, but I've already died a ridiculous amount. Also I have a few minor nitpicky things that have been bothering me, such as not being able to dive without going into slow motion.

Honestly this game feels like it has an identity crisis. I can't tell if I should be playing it slower and using cover, or running and gunning. Neither option seem to really work, and it's just boring staying behind cover all the time.

I was really looking forward to this game, but now I'm considering selling it off. The controls are really off putting. Is anyone else having this much trouble?

edit: I should probably mention I have only played the single player. Apparently the multiplayer controls are slightly snappier.
    Max Payne's always been very difficult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1670
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts

Sell it to me for a buck. I already have it, but can use the second one to sit on or something.

31. Post #1671
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts

No, you're not the only one. I do agree I find the delays making the smooth movement clunky, but I was too used to the originals, so I'm guessing it's all about the adjustment to the transition.

I just learned not to cope with it, because I thought that it wasn't at least as bad as L.A. Noire's movement. It would almost feel like that at times, but for the most part, it's too dynamic for me to complain about.

Multiplayer feels indeed much smoother than the singleplayer.

I agree with Jackald in a sense.

But still, it may just be a matter of getting used to.

32. Post #1672
    January 2011
    638 Posts

up your sensitivity in the options to were you feel comfortable about it . plus ill give you some tips

1. always run and gun and keep on your toes

2. DONT USE THE OVERHEAD AIM . it just slows you down and gets you killed with the slow moving

3. use the cover only when you have to . if you feel that you need to slow down and get in cover for abit and take some painkillers then get back in the action .

4. Shoot dodge and Bullet time . use them as a tactical device agansit the eneimes they are great weapons . but use them wisely they can also screw you over

5. Use Free Aim . the soft lock can get you killed alot with its auto aim . EXAMPLE you will target one guy your about to kill then it all of sudden targets another enemy and the other one kills you just like that .

hope the tips helps you out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #1673
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts

Similar to GTAIV? That didn't control at all like a tank, the controls in that were perfectly smooth.
    And what would be the point of shootdodging without bullet time? You'd just dive and land so fast you wouldn't even manage to shoot anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1674
    June 2010
    5,657 Posts
    Similar to GTAIV? That didn't control at all like a tank, the controls in that were perfectly smooth.
    And what would be the point of shootdodging without bullet time? You'd just dive and land so fast you wouldn't even manage to shoot anything.
    Multiplayer wise if you're quick enough it can make you a vertically smaller target and make headshotting take a few extra milliseconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #1675
    Dangit Peggy, who threw out this mayon naise jar; I use it to store, extra screws.
    February 2008
    941 Posts
    I think Rockstar has added weight to the characters of their games, and it appears it differs with each game.

GTA IV had fast but restrained control, Red Dead Redemption seemed to be about the same, but Max Payne 3 has the weight of a drunk pill-popper.

Max is old and pretty beat, which is why the controls in single player are not as fast paced as multiplayer. The mutliplayer is quicker paced and single player tries to show case the physical weight of Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1676
    June 2010
    5,657 Posts
    I think Rockstar has added weight to the characters of their games, and it appears it differs with each game.

GTA IV had fast but restrained control, Red Dead Redemption seemed to be about the same, but Max Payne 3 has the weight of a drunk pill-popper.

Max is old and pretty beat, which is why the controls in single player are not as fast paced as multiplayer. The mutliplayer is quicker paced and single player tries to show case the physical weight of Max.
    So to put it simply, you are in replicated control... of a half drunk painkiller addict on his 40's.

37. Post #1677
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,585 Posts
    You can change the difficulty mid-game from the pause menu options, am I right?

Thinking of trying to play it through on hard, but I usually don't like especially difficult games so it'd be great if I could turn it down to medium easily.

38. Post #1678
    July 2008
    361 Posts
    Oh god, why can't Friday come any sooner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

39. Post #1679
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,759 Posts
    It' starting to look like the game is going to arrive on monday, if at all. I'm starting to doubt if my order has moved at all.

EDIT: Scratch that. It was just dispatched. I have faith.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

40. Post #1680
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    Turning off the soft lock and increasing the sensitivity has helped a lot. The game really starts to pick up once you get acquainted with the controls. It's still very frustrating though. The AI has laser aim and reflexes faster than a cheetah. Also the checkpoints can be far between each other, resulting in a few "I'm sick of this scene and just want to move on" scenarios.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)