1. Post #1
    April 2012
    28 Posts
    I am semi new to photoshop and have a few questions.

1) How do I create better color palettes?
    2) How do I lessen anti-aliasing?
    3) How to create better looking text?

If this is the wrong place to post this, then tell me please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    223 Posts
    top right corner of the colour palette is a drop down menu open it and you'll find all the colour you'll need. You can turn on the anti aliasing if you go into layer Menu ( up top ) and scroll down to type, there are several options. Better looking text, either change the font or open the character panel, top right drop down menu has some choices, if you use a pro Font the open type gives you a few more options. Use warp text or change text to a path and manipulate the points, go 3d.........loads of options.

3. Post #3
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Best thing I ever did for learning text effects in Photoshop was to use tutorials online. They taught me so much shit I could do with text. Then it's just a matter of knowing the concept behind them and how to use them in other ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    1,486 Posts
    The first photoshop tutorials I watched was the you suck at photoshop series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2012
    28 Posts
    The first photoshop tutorials I watched was the you suck at photoshop series.
    Sounds interesting.

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    May 2011
    913 Posts
    Best one for text editing is illustrator, if you have it you can do crazy stuff
    with it

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Best one for text editing is illustrator, if you have it you can do crazy stuff
    with it
    You mean like putting text on two lines rather
    than one?

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    May 2011
    913 Posts
    You mean like putting text on two lines rather
    than one?
    illustrator is more powerful when it comes to vectors and such, photoshop is for image manipulations isn't it? whereas in illustrator you create stuff, and that would include text as well

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,272 Posts
    illustrator is more powerful when it comes to vectors and such, photoshop is for image manipulations isn't it? whereas in illustrator you create stuff, and that would include text as well
    I was making a joke about your strange formatting in your message

Ignore me

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    May 2011
    913 Posts
    I was making a joke about your strange formatting in your message

Ignore me
    oh sorry, my bad

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    17 Posts