1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,038 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,481 Posts
    The amount of extra stuff added is astounding. I just reached Flotsam, and have already noticed tons of changes, including a whole new introduction cinematic to Chapter 1. I guess they have one for each chapter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    I've been asking around in the corners of the web but I'll ask here. I'm halfway through the game and I'm being pestered to install the EE patch. Will it screw up my save if I install it?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,071 Posts
    They did this with the original Witcher too. These guys are top notch Devs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,701 Posts
    So fucking stoked to replay this incredible game. I whole heartedly recommend it to anyone considering buying this.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,996 Posts
    I've been asking around in the corners of the web but I'll ask here. I'm halfway through the game and I'm being pestered to install the EE patch. Will it screw up my save if I install it?
    Most likely, you would be best starting from the beginning.

7. Post #7
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Most likely, you would be best starting from the beginning.
    Alright, I guess I'll just finish it unpatched first.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,780 Posts
    Still never completed my 2nd playthrough doing evil/bad actions. Might have to do that now, if I can get around to actually getting through the starting section of the game again, which is kind of grueling knowing that the real game and the real action starts in acts 1-3

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,481 Posts
    Still never completed my 2nd playthrough doing evil/bad actions. Might have to do that now, if I can get around to actually getting through the starting section of the game again, which is kind of grueling knowing that the real game and the real action starts in acts 1-3
    I actually think the Prologue is one of the better parts of the game. I enjoy it alot. Relatively, Chapter 1 starts off a bit slow.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,780 Posts
    Yeah but chapter 1 also reeked of excellent atmosphere and context. It was slower, but in a good way for me. The area was also very open, and you had relative freedom to do things. Compare that to the prolouge, which is basically a two hour long tutorial and primer on the story. Not bad, but it was rather linear and was pretty much a cut-and-dry action portion of the game to get you ready for the rest of the game.

I don't think its bad, but playing through it just makes me wish I could skip to the first act, especially since it takes so long to get through I wish they added an option at the bottom when being interrogated that basically goes "I'm not saying anything more" and then gets the story going.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    Can't wait to play again.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,011 Posts
    I still need to finish Witcher 1 (the swamp-place after the beginning was pretty boring). I still intend to finish it one day, and won't play 2 before I have done so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Full-time astronaut, part-time alcoholic
    July 2006
    1,259 Posts
    Insane mode here I come

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,410 Posts
    Dark mode is pretty easy once you get a dark mode set of gear, but still amazingly fun. Anyone know if they've made dark mode harder?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,780 Posts
    As far as I know the main schick of dark mode is that you take a lot more damage but also deal more damage. AKA a kind of "realism" mode where you need to be very careful and plan out every action to avoid being hit, but if you can do so you'll cut people down pretty well. The gear is supposed to be OP as a reward for doing dark mode, and you can only fully assemble it in the last act of the game.

The only harder part about dark mode I imagine is the fact that Quen has been nerfed again, in that it will only withstand one or two attacks before going down. The good news is that they made it so you can infinatly parry in the 2.0 patch - this means you can actually block all incoming attacks. The only downside is that it will still drain your vigor, and it will slightly damage you per each attack parried. But it's still extremely important to do so in Dark Mode, just becuase it'll go from a hit taking half your life bar away to only 5-10%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)