1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,466 Posts

Taken just before British soldiers threw teargas during The Troubles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,890 Posts
    Jeez. These 9/11 images almost completely change my opinion about the brutality of that day.

legitimately feel kinda sick seeing/reading all of that.

It's just amazing how, instantaneously, a living, breathing, thinking, complex individual with friends, family; a consciousness...turns into a congealed mess of fats and proteins upon impact. The moment of impact where it is registered but the brain is not destroyed must be so inconceivably painful.

Condolences to them :(

This video really gets to me.

Edited:

I find a lot of the comments on these videos sickening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 35Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,569 Posts
    Oh fucking god I just watched that video of that jumper hitting the fence.

Never once thought I could be so utterly frightened of a sound. It almost sounded like a hammer hitting an anvil, except you know that's not a hammer hitting an anvil, it's a human body hitting steel at insane velocities. Holy shit

I used to make jokes about 9/11. I can't believe I did after seeing these pictures. Fuck, fuck, fuck.
    Seeing these pictures and videos makes it a whole lot more real than seeing it on the news.

Edited:

Also about that video, the way the mistified blood spreads out, it looks like body parts were bound to turn into a projectile all over the plaza. I'm not surprised if it hit someone...

Edited:

Whoever posted the pictures, please post more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22 (list)

4. Post #244
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts

I know it's not a photo.

The Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy began after 12 editorial cartoons, most of which depicted the Islamic prophet Muhammad, were published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten on 30 September 2005. The newspaper announced that this publication was an attempt to contribute to the debate regarding criticism of Islam and self-censorship.

Four months later, Muslims protested across the Islamic world, some of which escalated into violence with instances of firing on crowds of protestors resulting in a total of more than 100 reported deaths, including the bombing of the Danish embassy in Pakistan and setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and burning the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City. Various groups, primarily in the Western world, responded by endorsing the Danish policies, including "Buy Danish" campaigns and other displays of support. Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen described the controversy as Denmark's worst international crisis since World War II.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,365 Posts
    I'm very interested in 9/11 and especially in the photos or video taken from within the structures that day, it just gives me a very odd feeling seeing something once so full of life right before it was gone forever.

Since we're on the topic of the jumpers, this part of a longer documentary should be of somewhat interest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 33Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    Yes, it's not exactly a dignified sentence that's paying respect to those who died and all, but god damn I really don't feel like eating my ham sandwich after seeing those pictures of the Jumpers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Jeez. These 9/11 images almost completely change my opinion about the brutality of that day.

legitimately feel kinda sick seeing/reading all of that.

It's just amazing how, instantaneously, a living, breathing, thinking, complex individual with friends, family; a consciousness...turns into a congealed mess of fats and proteins upon impact. The moment of impact where it is registered but the brain is not destroyed must be so inconceivably painful.

Condolences to them :(
    To be honest I doubt they would even feel pain since they are falling so fast. And a crazy amount of fear and adrenaline would be flowing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

8. Post #248
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts
    Sknyliv air show disaster July 27, 2002. 77 onlookers were killed, including 19 children....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 44Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    God damn, the pilot ejected at literally the last possible moment by the looks of it. Poor guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts

The only image from the surface of a planetary body outside the inner Solar System. This is Jupiter's moon, Titan.
    I found the surface images of Venus even more fascinating

Pictures were originally black and white, but the color restoration is pretty accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 68Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,452 Posts

Pictures were originally black and white, but the color restoration is pretty accurate.
    So cool to see a different sky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 90 (list)

12. Post #252
    Dennab
    April 2012
    185 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 35Funny x 11Informative x 2Winner x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    June 2009
    1,874 Posts
    British Troops during the Falklands war

Not particularly shaking but it's one of those popular pictures of the conflict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

14. Post #254
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb x 17Funny x 9Friendly x 2Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Oh that's just in poor taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,770 Posts
    Why the funnies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Oh that's just in poor taste.
    im sorry it was just

so easy

Edited:

Why the funnies?
    why not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 41Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts
    I'm very interested in 9/11 and especially in the photos or video taken from within the structures that day, it just gives me a very odd feeling seeing something once so full of life right before it was gone forever.

Since we're on the topic of the jumpers, this part of a longer documentary should be of somewhat interest.
    What's the documentary?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #259
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Why the funnies?

Because two mass murderers killed them selves... I'm sure if you spot bodies of their victims you won't get funnies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    June 2008
    5,021 Posts

The Beatles face the media after John Lennon claims they're "Bigger than Jesus."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 41Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts

The sounds you hear are from Jumpers landing on the North Tower VIP Driveway literally just outside.

Although when you hear the glass shatter I think it's from the Marriot because their overhangs were made of glass where as the triangles on the VIP driveway were like plexiglass but they weren't invincible either so it could be either/or. If you notice in the picture you can see the SUV parked there, that's the vehicle the Naudet brother was in (the guy filming) when he arrived immediately after the first impact. He also captured on video Flight 11 hitting the North Tower which is the only known footage so far.

Edited:

What's the documentary?
    The documentary is literally called "9/11"

Edited:

Oh fucking god I just watched that video of that jumper hitting the fence.

Never once thought I could be so utterly frightened of a sound. It almost sounded like a hammer hitting an anvil, except you know that's not a hammer hitting an anvil, it's a human body hitting steel at insane velocities. Holy shit

I used to make jokes about 9/11. I can't believe I did after seeing these pictures. Fuck, fuck, fuck.
    Seeing these pictures and videos makes it a whole lot more real than seeing it on the news.

Edited:

Also about that video, the way the mistified blood spreads out, it looks like body parts were bound to turn into a projectile all over the plaza. I'm not surprised if it hit someone...

Edited:

Whoever posted the pictures, please post more.
    In several instances there were really close calls and people were hit with limbs and gore. In one unlucky instance a Jumper landed ontop of a Fire Fighter. It was only the Jumpers leg but it hit him so hard it snapped his neck and he died instantly. Also the Mayor was down at the scene during all of this and a Jumper nearly landed on him as well. They had to move the triage center and command post across the street because the Jumpers were so dangerous. Last one I can remember was an FBI agent in the Lobby looking up out one of the blown out windows when he saw a Jumper starting to come down, he just barely made it back inside before it landed and covered him in gore as well. It took around seven seconds for a Jumper to land from a hundred stories up.

It's odd. These pictures are rarely seen and most of them haven't been released until just recently. There are more video and images of the Jumpers that have yet to see the light of day, and other victims like the burn victims from the lobby's and impact zones. The Media has a bunch but never released them, as does the NYPD, NYFD, FBI and so on. It was decided that if these images and videos were shown immediately after 9-11 there would be mobs of people lynching Muslims in the streets.

For example if you look at some of the pictures I posted back with Ten Truck in them. You'll see two CCTV cameras on the wall below the Marriot. The entire WTC complex had them everywhere and they filmed Jumpers landing. Like, actually landing RIGHT INFRONT of them. The footage was actually recovered from the wreckage, but was never released because they were afraid it'd "dehumanize" the victims.

But I feel the opposite. I think that hiding these things away dehumanizes them. Because now the only documentation of that day the general public sees are two planes hitting two towers and two towers falling to the ground. With the exception of a Jumper picture or video here or there of them just falling that's it. It might as well be a movie because you don't see any victims so there might as well not even be any in their minds. With pictures like these it helps you form a picture of that day, and the people involved.

Edited:

To be honest I doubt they would even feel pain since they are falling so fast. And a crazy amount of fear and adrenaline would be flowing.
    Death was instant, I doubt they felt anything. Although there is a misconception that Jumpers passed out on the way down but the fact of the matter is that's a lie and almost all of them were probably awake and fully aware of their fall. Maybe one or two tumbled out blinded or passed out while they're hanging out windows from smoke but only three or four if that out of 200.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262

Man, it'd feel like you're wearing a pair of these 24/7

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #263
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    So, since someone asked I'll post a bit more. This is only a small portion of it, like I said I have hundreds of articles, stories, photos and videos.

I'm going to bring attention to this stage. Right between the North and South Tower in the Plaza. You'll see a lot of holes in the canopy which was made out of a plastic tarp. Those are all from Jumpers, if you look closely you can see some remains but these images are taken at a distance so it may be hard to tell.

(There are some remains in the middle of the stage you should be able to see pretty clearly however)

This is video taken from the Millenium Hilton across from the WTC taken my Tami Michaels, it was used as evidence during one of the hijackers trials.

6:35 - Jumper falls and the camera pans to follow. You'll see the bodies in the plaza and blood splattered on the windows. This was where that still I posted before was taken. He focuses on that area for about a minute.

14:37 - Jumper falls and hits the canopy, punctures a hole and the body hits the stage. You can also see that part of the Jumper's body breaks off and rolls down the roof after the impact.

This is the same stage, only this time being used as Government evidence during the trials.

If you look at the top left right infront of the Marriot you can see a blood pool from another Jumper.

I also have a gif of the before and after of the stage. (There are three images in it)

And a gif of the Plaza.

The gifs help because it really shows you how much damage the Jumpers were doing and how graphic the scene was getting. The picture of the Jumpers infront of the lobby windows in the Plaza was taken very early. Right before the South Tower collapsed there were about seventy bodies outside those windows which at this point were running red with blood but in the pictures you see there are around six or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 24Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,504 Posts

We need more photos like this and happy photos

less pictures and videos of people dieing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    August 2008
    289 Posts

-snip-

That's a pretty sulfuric atmosphere, telling by the yellow sky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #266
    October 2011
    360 Posts
    So, since someone asked I'll post a bit more. This is only a small portion of it, like I said I have hundreds of articles, stories, photos and videos.
    Were you actually one of us that was there? you seem to know so much about all of it

i just remember leaving my dads offices and hearing the banging echoing through 4-5 blocks away, and wondering what it was i though it was metal exploding at the time but it was only 12. I also remember walking toward the towers with my dad, and getting close to them.... .and seeing just so much, that video of when that jumper hits the roof of the building next door i think i saw that happen, and what you cant see in the video, is when that poor soul hit a bunch of gravel or whatever flew up into the air and over the sides of the building, i have a ton of memories of that day, and if anyone is interested i can write them up and post them here, it gets a bit hard to talk about sometimes though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

27. Post #267
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Were you actually one of us that was there? you seem to know so much about all of it

i just remember leaving my dads offices and hearing the banging echoing through 4-5 blocks away, and wondering what it was i though it was metal exploding at the time but it was only 12. I also remember walking toward the towers with my dad, and getting close to them.... .and seeing just so much, that video of when that jumper hits the roof of the building next door i think i saw that happen, and what you cant see in the video, is when that poor soul hit a bunch of gravel or whatever flew up into the air and over the sides of the building, i have a ton of memories of that day, and if anyone is interested i can write them up and post them here, it gets a bit hard to talk about sometimes though.
    If you'd be willing to share we're willing to hear what you experienced. This is another thing, is those who were there are often unwilling to talk about it and choose not too. My friend who was there (I posted some of his stories a page or two back) has a tough time talking about it in detail like that, he has an even harder time posting the pictures he has but he's slowly working toward doing it. We're trying to keep history from forgetting what happened to those people. My other friend who was a cop when it happened flat out refuses to talk about it.

I wasn't there. I just have a really odd obsession, I don't think they should censor history especially when it's one of the biggest events in American history. I do live in New York though and I remember when the towers existed, what happened afterwards like the National Guard being posted at all the bridges and those sorts of things.

Edited:

I was able to find 102 Minutes That Changed America on Youtube and the part I was referring to. At 53:54 is around the same time the other video I posted starts where that Jumper hit the railing. If you watch they censor it and drown out the 'bang'

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #268
    Dennab
    April 2012
    185 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 40Winner x 5Optimistic x 4Agree x 2Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    October 2011
    360 Posts
    Well as i said earlier, it started out in going with my dad to his offices, he needed to get some stuff for work done before my doctors appointment,

My dad was working on his computer and i was sitting with his work partner Peter who was showing me the "pipe" screensavers that windows computers had, i remember really vividly just watching and being really fascinated by the colors and all that, and as he is showing me the different types, pipes, the flying windows logo ect.. Jordan my dads secretary calls over the phones on all lines and says " *my dads name and several other coworkers* get over here, a plane just hit one of the world trade centers.

I remember my dad running to get me and we both went over to the other side of the offices, and watched the smoke start billowing out, people were talking "was it an accident?" and "it was flying so low" and after a few minutes of crazed talk and "oh my god" the second plane hit, I can still see it, flying in and watching the wings bend into the building and the whole plane dissipated into a cloud of dust and derbies that fell down to the ground. And that's when people started flipping out, my dad called my mom from his office phone, my little brother was in daycare, (we lived in Tenafly NJ at this time) she went and got him and took him home. I was deeply confused about what was going on and was on the verge of panic. After that it was decided that we should so go wait in the parking garage and try to wait there unless there were more "attacks"

I have to run for a bit now, ill post more when i get back, it gets pretty hard at times so please excuse me if it takes a while to post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 23Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Dennab
    April 2012
    185 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 124Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    We need more photos like this and happy photos

less pictures and videos of people dieing

First image from the lunar surface, from the Soviet unmanned Luna 9 probe. This was important because at the time no one knew whether solid objects could stand on the moon, or if they would sink into the accumulated dust of millenia.

First image from the Martian surface, from the unmanned Soviet Mars 3 probe. You can't see much though.

Landing site panorama of 2008 NASA Phoenix Mars Rover.

On November 10, Phoenix Mission Control reported the loss of contact with the Phoenix lander; the last signal was received on November 2.[59] Immediately prior, Phoenix sent its final message: "Triumph" in binary code.[60]
    When looking through the thread I didn't even react at the pictures and stories of the 9/11 Jumpers. This bit made my eyes go damp though. what the shit is wrong with me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,117 Posts

Does this need an introduction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

33. Post #273
    Man, it'd feel like you're wearing a pair of these 24/7

i'd think it'd feel more like you were dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Zing Zing x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    cep

July 2008
    543 Posts
    Would it be possible to upload all of your 9/11 Photos? I´ve to admit, they´re very interesting.
    These are pictures you don´t see in the media. Thank you :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,569 Posts

Does this need an introduction?
    It does, as much as America likes to force all of its stuff on the rest of the world, this picture is unknown to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree x 32Dumb x 10Funny x 4Zing x 2Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    It does, as much as America likes to force all of its stuff on the rest of the world, this picture is unknown to me.
    They're watching a headcam of a Navy Seal during the bin Laden raid/assassination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 9 (list)

37. Post #277
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,773 Posts
    Yea, they're watching the Bin Laden snuff film they won't show us. I think it's a good way to shut up the conspiracy theorists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #278

Resized version of one of the most detailed full color pictures of the martian surface, from the Spirit rover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

39. Post #279
    February 2010
    555 Posts
    On June 21st, 1919, labourers gather outside Winnpeg's City Hall to protest low wages and poor working conditions. That afternoon, the strikers are read the Riot Act.

Failing to disperse, a mounted charge by the Royal Northwest Mounted Police followed, resulting in the deaths of two strikers. Among the arrested that day was J.S. Woodsworth, who would go on to found the Co-operative COmmonweath Federation, the for-runner of the New Democratic Party.

Watching from his roof was a young Tommy Douglas, who would one day bring about the transformation of the CCF into the NDP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts

Resized version of one of the most detailed full color pictures of the martian surface, from the Spirit rover.
    Is this a real colour photo or an edited black and white one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)