1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    13,917 Posts

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73362/halo-4-release-coming-nov-6
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner x 20Funny x 3Dumb x 2Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,117 Posts
    Still undecided about this one. It isnt bungie, and i'm still waiting on proof that 343 can actually make a good game. Anniversary doesnt count, that was a remake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,046 Posts
    Well, wait until it comes out and rent it.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,823 Posts
    Still undecided about this one. It isnt bungie, and i'm still waiting on proof that 343 can actually make a good game. Anniversary doesnt count, that was a remake.
    this is like the first game 343 has made
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts
    this is like the first game 343 has made
    Very true, but most of 343 is comprised of developers who worked for the very best of the industry in the past, or from Bungie / worked on previous Halo titles. I would be shocked if this game is nothing less than epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,115 Posts
    The trailer looked strange and nothing like Halo. All of the models looked different and strange compared to how they looked in the previous Halo games. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel that 343 is going to do a great job on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,046 Posts
    Are you talking about the E3 trailer? None of that was final.

And the game takes place 4 years later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    153 Posts
    Gasp, this comes out on my birthday! I hope it doesn't suck. I've gotten plenty of shitty gifts but this just cant suck.

Edit: I'm dumb for having a birthday?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    3,395 Posts
    I wounder how they're going to explain how everything in this game was on that ship in Halo 3 like that totally brand new Spartan Armour but no one ever used it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,123 Posts
    I wounder what we're going to fight now that the covenant's gone. Maybe the UNSC will break apart Roman Empire style, then Multi-player game modes like team death match would have a place in the story too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2010
    3,395 Posts
    I wounder what we're going to fight now that the covenant's gone. Maybe the UNSC will break apart Roman Empire style, then Multi-player game modes like team death match would have a place in the story too.
    You're still fighting the Covenant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,463 Posts
    You guys should read the books before before you nitpick story details.
    (Not accusing, no-one has yet)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,604 Posts
    That's a day before my birthday.

I'm probably not getting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2012
    3,363 Posts
    I'm excited. Halo's multiplayer is perfectly fine if you play with friends, or play without talking to people. Same with any other game really. Single player has always been pretty good, and quite long compared to most other shooters with large multiplayer focus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,538 Posts
    Got all Halo games so this one can join the club
    Bad or not, it will still expand the story a little more and i've read about 80% of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    5,252 Posts
    Damn, it comes out on my birthday. Too bad I'm not into Halo anymore; maybe this would be worth the buy though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    360 exclusive as usual?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,046 Posts
    No you're fighting a rogue group.

I wounder how they're going to explain how everything in this game was on that ship in Halo 3 like that totally brand new Spartan Armour but no one ever used it.
    Cortana modded your armour while you were in Cryo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts
    No, you are fighting some rouge elements of what use to be the covenant, and they are in no way the main focus of the reclaimer trilogy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,278 Posts
    With the way Halo 3 ended, why the hell would they bring back the Covenant...

Also, what the hell is up with Cortana's new appearance?
    (No need to ask about Chief's armor)

I thought in the story, Halsey made Cortana in her image
    (Before they totally fucked everything up in Reach and decided to make her Forerunner)

So she just decides to change her appearance?

I'm also not really sure about this. I think i'll hold off on getting Halo 4 for a while because something in the back of my mind is telling me it's going to be a pretty big disappointment. (hoping that i'm wrong though)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,931 Posts
    With the way Halo 3 ended, why the hell would they bring back the Covenant...

Also, what the hell is up with Cortana's new appearance?
    (No need to ask about Chief's armor)

I thought in the story, Halsey made Cortana in her image
    (Before they totally fucked everything up in Reach and decided to make her Forerunner)

So she just decides to change her appearance?

I'm also not really sure about this. I think i'll hold off on getting Halo 4 for a while because something in the back of my mind is telling me it's going to be a pretty big disappointment. (hoping that i'm wrong though)
    I think I remember reading in one of the books that AI choose their own appearance shortly after they're "born".

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,278 Posts
    -snip-
    Nevermind

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,264 Posts
    put a modern halo on pc with proper (ie halo ce) mod tools
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,944 Posts
    Ok awesome, now let's get Halo 3, Reach, and ODST ported to PC so we can actually enjoy these games!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts
    Ok awesome, now let's get Halo 3, Reach, and ODST ported to PC so we can actually enjoy these games!
    Implying they weren't enjoyable on the Xbox?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,571 Posts
    I think he means that not everyone has xbox here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,392 Posts
    I don't know if I can even report this, but DarkCisco is rating everyone dumb for no apparent reason (I know ratings don't mean anything but it's still annoying to see a box under every post that actually like the game)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,441 Posts
    Can't wait for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,944 Posts
    I'm sure they were, but I'd rather have better visuals and a proper interface to play them with, that's all. It doesn't sound like much when looking at it from a console players perspective, but it really makes all the difference. I'd much rather play them at proper detail levels on a nice screen with a quality keyboard and mouse than on the "just-barely-chugging-along" Xbox with reduced visual quality and clunky controllers...

I mean, we got Halo 2. Maybe if they don't ass around with stupid artificial requirements like DirectX 10 they would perform much better on the PC platform. It's not hard - Microsoft just has to TRY for once!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,264 Posts
    it honestly isn't like some incredible feat to port from xbox to pc, iirc they made it to be easy.

i mean they already have to optimize the fuck out of their games to run on xbox anyways