1 Posts
    sent u a pm :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #82
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    FYI, for those getting a server here, I recommend using filezilla. Although the FTP access in elpis' TC-admin is pretty cool, it's not entirely functional in terms of moving files and shit, so DL it here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    I'm not giving away Minecraft servers - those are the lifeblood of Elpis and if you want to support me please feel free to purchase one. As far as source is concerned I'm not really interested in selling them, since they use next to no resources -- I'd rather just give them away to people.

I've seriously considered renting a quarter cab with a 10Gbps proxy server sitting on the front to route traffic through and then just handing out source servers to everyone.
    Why are you so awesome. I'll get a 128 slot i- green shift, brb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Why are you so awesome. I'll get a 128 slot i- green shift, brb.
    Enjoy your server!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    128 slots. This shit is going down right now.

Edited:

Ugh this is going to be fucking radical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    There must be someone out there that needs a 128 slot server??

Everyone is taking 16 slots :(
    I think it's out of respect for you. You're offering free servers, it's only respectable to take one that is a lower slot count.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Congrats on your new server cis.joshb!!!

Anyone want Serious Sam 3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    Uhhh me?

Edited:

What the fuck stop being so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Uhhh me?

Edited:

What the fuck stop being so cool.
    Sweet added as a friend accept me and I'll send it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    12AM stealth pc mode.

Edited:

Also i opened a ticket for the 128 server, it borked. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,875 Posts
    This is legit.
    Thank you, darksoul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    Coolest guy in the world, had a convo with him.. Too cool..

Edited:

"Have fun pwning all dem noob alien guys im gonna have fun pwning all these terrorist guys on css but they keep pwning me and now im mad and dying and now.enjoy!

Best Wishes,"

Aha! You said you were killing CT's in chat but here you state the opposite! Coincidence? I think not!
    But for real, thanks. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Coolest guy in the world, had a convo with him.. Too cool..Edited:"Have fun pwning all dem noob alien guys im gonna have fun pwning all these terrorist guys on css but they keep pwning me and now im mad and dying and now.enjoy!Best Wishes,"Aha! You said you were killing CT's in chat but here you state the opposite! Coincidence? I think not!But for real, thanks. :)
    They swapped teams!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #94
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,353 Posts
    A likely and well rehearsed story, I'm sure, however what are the odds that the teams swap WHILE we talk, not likely. Objections?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    108 Posts
    I sent a PM.. wow, you are unbelievable man.

Edit: Not gonna lie to you, I'm just restarting an established community and already have a sponsored server, I would use this as a second server... My established community was quite popular - 4 ranks under Noobonic.. Your decision :)

16. Post #96
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    I sent a PM.. wow, you are unbelievable man.

Edit: Not gonna lie to you, I'm just restarting an established community and already have a sponsored server, I would use this as a second server... My established community was quite popular - 4 ranks under Noobonic.. Your decision :)
    What was the name of said "established community?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Just a quick update (so I don't get lots of spam...) but after updating to the next version of Garry's Mod (if you got a gmod server from me, anyway) make sure you install the "FIX" in the updates tab or you won't be able to connect to your server.

Also it may take a while to run steam update, so don't close the window. Keep it running in the background and if it still hasn't gone anywhere after 15-20 minutes then you need to contact me.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    762 Posts
    Are you sure I cant get a server, my community would seriously appreciate it.

19. Post #99
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Are you sure I cant get a server, my community would seriously appreciate it.
    I'm sure, your community just permabanned me from your server. I guess spamming those containers is a bad thing D:

Seriously though you already have a server -- and it's empty most of the time according to gametracker. Try getting that filled first before expanding to multiple servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    762 Posts
    I'm sure, your community just permabanned me from your server. I guess spamming those containers is a bad thing D:

Seriously though you already have a server -- and it's empty most of the time according to gametracker. Try getting that filled first before expanding to multiple servers.
    Yep I banned you, we don't appreciate people spamming the server. I guess not everybody is as nice and mature as they seem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Yep I banned you, we don't appreciate people spamming the server. I guess not everybody is as nice and mature as they seem.
    Technically ten containers isn't really spam :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    762 Posts
    Whatever I don't need the server. Ill unban you if you really care (which I doubt you do), I just didn't that it was necessary. I get tired of people who join, don't say anything and then just start spawning shit everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

23. Post #103
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Whatever I don't need the server. Ill unban you if you really care (which I doubt you do), I just didn't that it was necessary. I get tired of people who join, don't say anything and then just start spawning shit everywhere.
    Okay, great. Lets take this up in a PM from hereon out since I don't want to derail the topic. Thanks :)

24. Post #104
    Dennab
    October 2011
    21 Posts
    He's 100% Legit, I just got my 64 slot server set up. He's also VERY Friendly!
    C'mon guys! Grab a server.

25. Post #105
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    He's 100% Legit, I just got my 64 slot server set up. He's also VERY Friendly!
    C'mon guys! Grab a server.
    Thanks! The OP has been updated as well.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    108 Posts
    What was the name of said "established community?"
    New Life Gaming, m8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,815 Posts
    darksoul69 for greatest human being on earth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    December 2010
    374 Posts
    I sent him a /pm :D

Edit: I got a server for free! Thank you soo much ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,707 Posts
    I've been working on my 12 slot server with a friend for the last three days - definitely legit.
    Thanks, darksoul!
    SBEP's been giving me an issue, but I think it's the lowercase letter thing - i'm not used to Linux :V
    Either way, i'm still so grateful and i'm sure you'd get a kick out of a video of the shenanigans the Airsoft subforum is going to have once we get it completely going! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    I've been working on my 12 slot server with a friend for the last three days - definitely legit.
    Thanks, darksoul!
    SBEP's been giving me an issue, but I think it's the lowercase letter thing - i'm not used to Linux :V
    Either way, i'm still so grateful and i'm sure you'd get a kick out of a video of the shenanigans the Airsoft subforum is going to have once we get it completely going! :)
    It is. RD2 has the same issue and apparently wiremod might as well. You can either tinker around with it, rename the files, setup symlinks, or ask the developer of the addon to test in Linux as well.

It sucks but other then a couple of minor issues (like above) the Linux version of Garry's Mod is pretty good.

I'm glad to know everyone is enjoying their server and if you ever need anything just let me know in pm/ticket.

Still offering like always.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,815 Posts
    Hey guys, I just had this issue with my server and darksoul69, awesome as ever, helped me solve it, and I wanted to post it here just in case anyone else happens to be having the same problem.

My server would randomly every now and then crash and restart, and I couldn't for the life of me find out why. Apparently its due to jeeps and airboats, they would cause my server to crash the second I spawned them.

So this is all you gotta do:

http://facepunch.com/threads/1178288...8#post35624918

Change local vehicleBlacklist = { "Jeep" } to local vehicleBlacklist = { "Jeep", "Airboat" }

Thanks again Darksoul69, youre a god amongst men.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    40 servers given away so far! Woo-hoo! Now take at least another 150 more please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Been using one of these server's in gmod for a couple of day's its great, even has fast download included.

35. Post #115
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Thank you!

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,880 Posts
    How long do we get to keep the server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #117
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    How long do we get to keep the server?
    No time limit -- as long as you have say two players every couple of days you can keep it.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,880 Posts
    No time limit -- as long as you have say two players every couple of days you can keep it.
    Dang, that is awesome. I'm currently gathering plugins for my own TF2 server, which isn't really a server, but just HLDS running on my own computer, which can slow it down at times, so a free server would be perfect once I find all the plugins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,880 Posts
    I forgot to ask, is the server in the US or Europe?

Edited:

Automerge :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

40. Post #120
    AJA
    September 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Hey guys, I just had this issue with my server and darksoul69, awesome as ever, helped me solve it, and I wanted to post it here just in case anyone else happens to be having the same problem.

My server would randomly every now and then crash and restart, and I couldn't for the life of me find out why. Apparently its due to jeeps and airboats, they would cause my server to crash the second I spawned them.

So this is all you gotta do:

http://facepunch.com/threads/1178288...8#post35624918

Change local vehicleBlacklist = { "Jeep" } to local vehicleBlacklist = { "Jeep", "Airboat" }

Thanks again Darksoul69, youre a god amongst men.
    Darksoul said airboat was fine, Just not the jeep. I can find my thread which someone replied with the fix, As only the Jeep crashes Linux servers. Will edit when I find it though.

Edited:

Alrighty, Found it. It restricts anyone from spawning it I guess. Airboat not necessary to restrict. Works perfectly on my server. http://facepunch.com/threads/1178288
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events