1. Post #401
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    It's not too much of a problem right now, but if I upload a new version of my gamemode with the same folder name and everything -except just some shared / clientside files are changed then restart the server and run fastdl it doesn't work.

It says stuff like this (Which means fastdl didn't work):

I just reverted the version and it works, so I guess I'll just use the older version until it's fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    856 Posts
    Delete all of the cache files, restart the server and sync your fastdl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    Still didn't work.

That was after I deleted cache, uploaded the new version, restarted, and redid the fastdl.
    God damnit.

Edited:

And now I can't revert it since the cache is gone. Fuck.

Edited:

I hope this is just a bug in my server because I was about to buy a server because I appreciate all the darksoul has put into it. I will almost definately buy a server from them still though.

4. Post #404
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Try downloading the file directly from your browser using your FastDL URL in the configuration file. If it doesn't download the file it's not on the FastDL and I have to fix that - in which case PM me your IP and Port.

5. Post #405
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    I just realized it's not FastDL at all - the server isn't replacing cache files.
    I restarted the server, deleted the whole cache folder, restarted again, ran steam updates, tried changing command line, tried stopping the server for an hour then restarting, all that shizzle.

I only have 1 cache file in my cache folder now. Heh oh well I just hope you don't remove any more servers within this week because with this and the IP change I'm struggling with a playerbase again. (Before the ip change I got up to rank #79 on GameTracker.)

Also I don't know how but this all started happening after I accidentally ran a steam update.

6. Post #406
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Is anyone interested in beta servers?

Edited:

For Garry's Mod and CS:GO.

7. Post #407
    July 2010
    56 Posts
    Are you still offering server's???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Are you still offering server's???
    Yes. :)

9. Post #409
    July 2010
    56 Posts
    How often is up time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #410
    I like the fat, greasy nerds that wear MLP shirts three sizes too small
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Not sure whether you received my private message. Could you add me on Steam or could I have your Steam name so I could add you? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,009 Posts
    Not sure whether you received my private message. Could you add me on Steam or could I have your Steam name so I could add you? Thanks.
    Read the OP, you don't meet the requirements of 250 posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #412
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Read the OP, you don't meet the requirements of 250 posts
    I read both the OP and the website, so I am fully aware of the requirements. I had contacted him regarding those requirements and my current post status, being a mere 40 posts short. The least he could do is reply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    I read both the OP and the website, so I am fully aware of the requirements. I had contacted him regarding those requirements and my current post status, being a mere 40 posts short. The least he could do is reply.
    I'm quite busy so when I see PMs from people who can't be bothered to read the OP - I don't reply. It looks like you were already aware of what the answer would be if you read the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    I'm quite busy so when I see PMs from people who can't be bothered to read the OP - I don't reply. It looks like you were already aware of what the answer would be if you read the OP.
    I sent you a private message kindly asking if you could look past the fact that I was only 40 posts short. I understand that you are a busy person, but it doesn't take longer than a minute to reply with a polite "I'm sorry, but if you don't meet the requirements, I can't help you" or something along those lines, so at least I have some sort of feedback. Thanks for your time though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #415

May 2008
    50 Posts
    Anyone that can help me setup a server on ubuntu (linux)
    gets admin, their own server or whatever.

im tiered of it not working.
    VPS.
    SSH only

contact me on steam , kennis942

Sorry for stealing OP'S thunder but its alot less messy on the forum if i post this here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    Seeing your thread still alive tyler makes me happy, despite that i got my server taken away because i disagreed on something and you didn't like it so you just took it away without even telling me. Sorry that i messed up but i really think thats quite rude, and not how life should work. So even if i said i'm sorry or even if you forgive me, you will never give me a server back anyway. So writing this must be a great waste of time on your hands to read, so sorry that i disrespected or disagreed with you. I hope this actually make it so in the future i can have a server again.

O and also tyler, aka darksoul, want to know something, dont care what or why you rated me dumb, you had no reason to, and all your doing is making yourself look like more of a idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    856 Posts
    Seeing your thread still alive tyler makes me happy, despite that i got my server taken away because i disagreed on something and you didn't like it so you just took it away without even telling me. Sorry that i messed up but i really think thats quite rude, and not how life should work. So even if i said i'm sorry or even if you forgive me, you will never give me a server back anyway. So writing this must be a great waste of time on your hands to read, so sorry that i disrespected or disagreed with you. I hope this actually make it so in the future i can have a server again.

O and also tyler, aka darksoul, want to know something, dont care what or why you rated me dumb, you had no reason to, and all your doing is making yourself look like more of a idiot.
    Why don't you PM him instead of posting in his thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,009 Posts

Calling him an idiot isn't really going to help you get a server. Just sayin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    I still find it amazing people think I remove servers over disagreements when the only reason I've removed servers so far is because they were empty.

It's not like you're paying me to host you, I'm doing this for free with nothing in return. If you lose the server you really have nothing to complain about regardless on what the reason was. Servers with an active playerbase are not removed as per the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #420
    Insane amount of shits not given.
    April 2012
    118 Posts
    I don't know why you want to fight for free server when they're only like 5 for a bare minimum one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    But it is, Looking at how i haven't been banned yet in any of my flaming sessions. So heh. Guess thats pure luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    Alright I fixed my server, had to edit the cfg because the fastdl link was pointing to the old server ip.

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,597 Posts
    Here's to hoping I get something.
    Holy shit, hosting a server with 13 people on at the same time on a 5 Mb/s connection is godawful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

24. Post #424
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    856 Posts
    Try fourteen on a 0.8mb/s connection

I'm hosting a gmod 13 server on my computer. 600ms ping woo woo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

25. Post #425
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Okay, lets kick this into gear. The OP has been updated with more information / games / etc. If you have PMed me previously and I have not replied back, please follow the directions in the OP and start the process again - apologies for the inconvenience.

I look forward to hosting you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

26. Post #426
    July 2009
    1,001 Posts
    Amazing host, great management, 10/10 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Thank you :)

28. Post #428
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    So uh, where are the servers located?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #429
    May 2011
    875 Posts
    Thanks very much darksoul!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #430
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    So uh, where are the servers located?
    http://www.limestonenetworks.com/

31. Post #431
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,156 Posts
    snips
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #432
    November 2005
    34 Posts
    Huge vouch for elpishost. Just got an 8 slot server for space build, excellent speed and top notch customer service. Obviously I didn't get it for free but it's worth every penny (and more).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #433
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Thank you for your kind words! :)

34. Post #434
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    856 Posts
    I would ask for a tf2 server but I feel shitty for having more than one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,662 Posts
    Huge vouch for elpishost. Just got an 8 slot server for space build, excellent speed and top notch customer service. Obviously I didn't get it for free but it's worth every penny (and more).
    How did you get yours to work for spacebuild?
    Had some trouble getting mine to work correctly for it, so I put it on hold for a while as I got busy with personal and work-related stuff. Hopefully I still have my account for my server

36. Post #436
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Had some trouble getting mine to work correctly for it, so I put it on hold for a while as I got busy with personal and work-related stuff. Hopefully I still have my account for my server
    I can give you a working SB2/RD2 if you cant get those to work.

SBEP is still a major PITA.

37. Post #437
    November 2005
    34 Posts
    Use the dev SVNs of SB3 and related. SBEP sadly will not work without some serious TLC, and I can't live without it lol. So I upgraded to 16 slots and switched to RP. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

38. Post #438
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    Darksoul's at it again. Such a champion.

What's the plan for GM13 servers? Can you host them now, are you going to host them when they come out and auto upgrade, or something else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #439
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    I'm going to try getting them online tomorrow actually :)

40. Post #440
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    I'm going to try getting them online tomorrow actually :)
    Awesome. If you get them working, could I grab one of those? I can send the PM and what not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events