1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Number 2 sounds good, also gives people a chance to intercept trade routes if they really felt like it which adds a little bit of tactics I guess.
    Alright, I'll start spriting it. I might declare if I finish it in time.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Pictureless declare:

During this time, some peoples on Terra Magna have banded together and formed City-states, or larger!

Current established factions on Terra Magna:

The Cargodian Cities
    The Ikhmesh Empire
    The Barbaro-Ostrigian tribes
    The Malamesh Empire
    City-State of Arregyth

Events:

1. The Ikhmesh Empire has conquested several surrounding territories.
    2. The Barbaro-Ostrigian tribes have made contact with Arregyth.

Top faction:
    Ikhmesh Empire

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Don't have time to declare now, going off to bed.

Here's my spritesheet btw. Includes the station, which i might change a bit more.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Not showing all my ships at once.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,454 Posts
    Declare

Text Declare -

[DISTRESS SIGNAL] : This is AGU, SS13 Requesting assistance at the following co-ordinates, 0 0 7 /- [SIGNAL LOST]

-=- The Survivors of the Space Station wreck request to be allowed to salvage in possibly rebuild their Station, in letting them do so you will be granted access to the Station when needed which opens up the possibility of Advanced Weapons research due to most of the Survivors being Scientists. -=-

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    D'clare

MOTHERFUCKING EDIT:
    Paint decided to crash on me. Fuck.
    This may take a while to re-draw.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Do pictureless declares go toward the turn count?

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Edit: Oh, you mean like that. I think they might.

-pictureless declare since i don't have time-
    One of the ships heads to Terra Magna, and uplifts the arregyth to a Renaissance equivalent.
    (Sorry for being lazy and not being descriptive)

Meanwhile, construction on the station starts.

Will list events when I make a picture declare later.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 19

The Shroud Cruisers leave Varaiyah's orbit and begin to scout the area.

Advancements:

Noticing the amount of living enemies, the Overlord orders the teleportation preparations for larger ships to be issued. (Ship to Ship Warfare- 1 turn)
    Overlord also orders the activation of the Varaiyah's defense systems. (Planetary Defense System- completed)
    Overlord begins mobilizing his army in preparation for planetary invasion (Advanced Invasion Training- 3 turns)

(Slight graphical update to my ships and turned the planet around.)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    I would declare but my sprites are on the other computer.

So I'll wait until I actually go back to my apartment for once.

10. Post #50
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    declare

Edited:

A signal is sent to the 4 ships below Cartesia:
    "This is your first and final warning, maintain a 5 mil. kilometre distance from our planets and ships or face immediate and aggresive response."

Advancement in this turn: Basic and advanced ship construction aswell as fleet construction. Research on Planetary Defense systems started.
    Built this turn: 4 small ship class 'Wasps

GA2 Combat Ship -

Firepower - 6
    Defense - 4
    Description: The GA2 Combat Ship is a small fighter class frigate which serves as the main combat force of the small section of the fleet. They are dubbed the 'Wasp' as they are just as effective alone as they are in numbers, the ships are much more reliable than the first Gito's foray into space and can take more of a punch - but is mainly designed for attacking, sometimes even kamikaze runs. It is armed with a triple-barreled laser, whilst it can only target one ship at a time - it will hit at 3 different points making larger damage easier to inflict.

11. Post #51
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,763 Posts
    Declare

I haven't done this before so yeah tell me if I've done anything wrong.
    The planet of Taendra is in the middle of an Ice Age and houses a hardy breed of Humanoids, known as Taents. The nearby moon of Ios has perfect conditions for life, but the Taents are right now very primitive people. However they are evolving quickly from simple hunters.
    If anyone wants to come and make early contact with my planet that'd be nice. The Taents are very loyal people, so will honour whoever helps them in their early stages.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare after ragamuffin
    (Unless i cancel it, don't have much time.)

Edit:
    Motherfucker. Well I guess I won't be able to contribute tonight. Was going to start construction of some new ships, but don't have time to think about which.
    Expect me to have some new ones tomorrow. Night y'all.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,711 Posts
    So what you're saying is that my entire planet was sent back into pre-space times.

How about no. It's not like I intend to obliterate anything and everything in my path.
    Yeah face, it is fair.

Find an in cannon way or something. Everybody else does it, and just because your an old timer in these threads doesn't mean your excluded.

And if you want you can start off by building small ships, but I do think everybody has to at least research AT LEAST large ships.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 22

The Shroud cruisers report back to the planet's orbit (we'll say they did a bit of poking around in the last few turns) and give the collected data to their masters. Meanwhile, the Scythe Class Harvest Ship appears in orbit.

Scythe Harvest Ship:
    20 FP
    20 AP
    The mainstay of the Necron naval fleet, utilizes more hard-points and has stronger weaponry than the Shroud Class cruiser. This ship is a force to be reckoned with alone, and is devastating in large numbers.

Advancements:
    Noticing the amount of living enemies, the Overlord orders the teleportation preparations for larger ships to be issued. (Ship to Ship Warfare- completed)
    Overlord begins mobilizing his army in preparation for planetary invasion (Advanced Invasion Training- completed)
    Overlord orders further awakening procedures of the medium-sized ships. (Advanced Officer Training- 3 Turns)
    Orders for teleportation of a second Scythe Harvest ship are made. (5 turns)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    Yeah face, it is fair.

Find an in cannon way or something. Everybody else does it, and just because your an old timer in these threads doesn't mean your excluded.

And if you want you can start off by building small ships, but I do think everybody has to at least research AT LEAST large ships.
    It seems the others agree with me.

So no.

16. Post #56
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    It seems the others agree with me.

So no.
    One other guy agreed with you.

17. Post #57
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,763 Posts
    pictureless declare:
    It seems to the Taents the ice age will last forever. The most intelligent Taents set up a basic military/ scientific complex in one of the mountains. They start research into space and the surrounding planets. However, they are not advanced enough to start researching space travel.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,711 Posts
    Turn 23
    The Coalition of United Human Empires
    Finished Research
    -Basic Space Flight
    -Basic Ballistic Weaponry

Started Research
    -Basic Ship Construction

Description
    Nothing much changes, but the planet of Darys does indeed say they have began construction on a new, armed space craft.

Also, just saw the ruins of SS13. Gave me a good chuckle thinking how many times the station exploded on me in that game.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,454 Posts
    Declare.

The Scientists and Workers who were left on the station re-activate the bridge and activate the automated repair drones that are docked all around the station. The station slowly begins to repair itself which will take 5 Turns.

EDIT : I don't know why its so small all of a sudden..

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Pictureless declare:

The Barbaro-Ostrigian tribes have been united!
    The Ikhmesh and Malamesh empires are at war!
    Arregyth conquers some land. It is no longer a mere city-state, and imperium is at close hand!

Current established factions on Terra Magna:

The Cargodian Cities
    The Ikhmesh Empire
    Kingdom of Ostrigia
    The Malamesh Empire
    Republic of Arregyth

Current top faction:
    Republic of Arregyth

21. Post #61
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,763 Posts
    pictureless declare:
    Advanced Taents begin research into ballistic weapons & space travel.
    Started research: -Basic Ballistic Weaponry
    -Basic Space Flight

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,454 Posts
    Picture less Declare :
    The Scientists are making great progress and are slowly gaining access to the wider Space Station Area.
    4 More Turns.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

As the ships are finished, they move into fleet formation!
    (Sorry if it seems all of a sudden, but I did announce all the things that were building,
    and it just seems abrupt since I didn't post how many posts were left every few declares.)

A small ambassador ship moves in to contact the Necron fleet.

"Greetings! We are the TPN. We have noticed your abrupt arrival of armed ships in this sector of space. This is a violation of term-29534, and thus we will need immediate identification of your forces and your intentions."

The medium ship:
    Total Points Allowed: 40
    Ship Firepower: 20 FP
    Ship Armor: 20 AP
    Build Time: 5 Turns
    Description: The TYPE-9271A is a medium-class ship, primarily made for ship-to-ship combat, possessing two A-283 cannons mounted on the top and bottom. It has a good balance between firepower and armor, and is a very fast ship.
    It was put into use in The Great Escape, when even our TYPE-9380M proved to be too slow in retreating from the extremely fast Narxeminos ships, and our TYPE-1284 too small to house the civilians.

The large ship:
    Total Points Allowed: 75
    Ship Firepower: 40 FP
    Ship Armor: 35 AP
    Build Time: 8 Turns
    Description: The TYPE-938OM is a heavy-class ship. It has 3 A-293 cannons mounted on top, as well as one large O-753 main cannon, capable of ripping through ships in mere seconds.
    The TYPE-938OM, otherwise known as "The bad Omen" was created when our previous standard design proved to be too slow and large for effective ship-to-ship combat.

Other events:
    Advanced command structure complete!
    Planetary defense system complete!
    Now researching:
    Advanced Metallics Construction (4 turns)
    Advanced Invasion training (3 turns)
    Now building:
    One heavy ship (8 turns)
    One medium ship (5 turns)

Meanwhile, progress continues on the secret project, which will be done in 4 turns.

(Me and Ragamuffin are going to add an awesome new aspect to this game)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    Declare

25. Post #65
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,149 Posts
    Are my icons used?

Edited:

The industry and population ones?

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Are my icons used?

Edited:

The industry and population ones?
    I think people might use them if you post them in the same way Bananafoam did, so we can just copy paste them. It also wouldn't hurt to tell us what the advantages of some of them are, and maybe to make an icon that includes most of them/all for homeworlds.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts

Two of the four frigates are finished.

I cannot offer an accurate time frame of the finish of the other ones. I'll just put them in when I feel it would be accurate based on time.

This is the planet Trantimir hailing any nearby planets. We are inquiring on the status of alliances in this system

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    -Picture-less declare-

Hello Trantimir Com-center, this is the Solar-mane wing of the TPN. I repeat, Solar-mane of the TPN.
    Contact lost with other remnant groups, only ally is planet of Cartesia. Have the TNS found trace of other TPN remnants in their travels, TCC?

Story note:
    After the Narxeminos wars, and The great escape, the TPN were forced disband into wings, consisting of a few billion people each,
    to prevent the Narxeminos of finding them all.
    The plan was to then regroup, but not many wings have re-established contact yet, or even found one another.

Also, this doesn't count as a real declare.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 30

A second Scythe Harvest ship is deployed. The Necron Overlord hails the TPN ambassador ship.

"Our purpose is simple, re-take the galaxy that was once ours 6 million years ago. You living creatures are nothing but vermin that slow down our goal, and must be destroyed. As for you, I will spare you this time, report back to your superiors, and tell them of this encounter. I wish to see what you vermin are capable of."

Advancements:
    Overlord orders further awakening procedures of the medium-sized ships. (Advanced Officer Training- Completed)
    Orders for teleportation of a second Scythe Harvest ship are made. (Complete)
    Noticing the threat of the enemy fleet in the vicinity, the Overlord orders the teleportation of a large ship. (Ship to Planet Warfare- 5 turns)
    Yet another Scythe Harvest ship is being produced. (5 turns)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    We have not come across any TPN remnants as of yet in our travels. Curiously though we've found the demolished remains of a fleet of the Polarian race. If your history has been retained you may know the formidable forces that were faced by the last star system Trantimir inhabited. We're currently working on reproducing the metals that were used to place on our ships.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    hohohohoho, dmaster, don't underestimate my fleet just because of their size. This is gonna be fun.

Declare.

Edit: Damn, this new system of AP and FP is really makes first strikes OP.

"Vermin ey? Well this "vermin"s got one hell of a bite!

As this is a direct threat to the TPN, and they cannot risk another surprise attack like with their previous enemy, the ships get ready for battle.

CLOAK ENGAGED

"ALL SHIPS, FIRE!"

Most of the Necron ships are covered in a hail of nuclear shells, whilst the middle ship is taken out directly by the TYPE-938OM's main cannon.
    (Sorry man, but the according to the stats, all of your ships got destroyed.)

Meanwhile, the secret project appears. It is a grand and extremely powe- wait a second... It's just a trade station? Bollocks.

Alright people, me and Ragamuffin have thought of a new gameplay aspect. Trading.

Basically, how trading works is like this:

There must be a station built. These stations take a minimum of 5 turns, cannot be captured, and do not count as anyone's planet.
    For every planet connected to the station via trade routes, starting from a minimum of 2 planets, there will be a -1 in build- and research time for everything which takes 5 turns or more.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    Intercepted a message sir, there are aggressive civilizations in this system. The TPN ship has been threatened.

We're in no shape to do anything yet, when our fleet is strengthened we can intervene if necessary. For now we're hailing the TPN.
    Hailing TPN, this is the TNS command. We are interested in a possible alliance and can offer help with your...Necron problem. Respond.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Wow, I'll admit, that system makes first strikes a tad overpowered. Not much to do now other than wait out turns to build more, I guess.

Declare.

Turn 32

The explosions clear, and visibility returns. The destroyed ships have disappeared, and return to whatever strange dimension they came from. The Overlord contacts the TPN fleet commander.

"Congratulations. It appears I underestimated the power of your race. Yet, victory will not come so easiliy, we Necrons will rise again and you will pay for this disgrace against us. Immortality has its benefits, and we will be back..."

Advancements:
    Noticing the threat of the enemy fleet in the vicinity, the Overlord orders the teleportation of a large ship. (Ship to Planet Warfare- 4 turns)
    Yet another Scythe Harvest ship is being produced. (4 turns)
    2 more Scythe Harvest ships are being teleported. (10 turns)
    4 Shroud Cruisers are being teleported in. (4 turns)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Wow, I'll admit, that system makes first strikes a tad overpowered. Not much to do now other than wait out turns to build more, I guess.
    Yeah, sorry man. That was a real unfair fight, and we should come up with a better system.
    Basicaly, you can now take a ship with minimal armor, and win in every battle as long as you get a first strike. But again, sorry.

TNS command, this is TPN Com central, over. We agree to an alliance, We will need all the help we can get. We can also offer access to trading station delta, since you are our allies.
    Edited:

Also, I'll declare and implement my own trade route, you guys can add yours when you want to.

Edit: oh oops, declare after next person to declare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    The first strike capability can be easily countered by a shield as well.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Yeah, sorry man. That was a real unfair fight, and we should come up with a better system.
    Basicaly, you can now take a ship with minimal armor, and win in every battle as long as you get a first strike. But again, sorry.
    This is true, but it's okay. It is a new system and there are to be a few...kinks. I'll simply rebuild again, hopefully the next time our fleets meet there will be a fix to that. No hard feelings.

The first strike capability can be easily countered by a shield as well.
    Shields? I was unaware we could use those. I don't know, with the turn based capabilities, we can't really pull up a shield and just cancel out a turn someone worked hard on.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

Maybe we could just make the ships have a set amount of armor and damage? Say...

Heavy:
    40 AP
    20 FP

Medium:
    20 AP
    10 FP

Small:
    10 AP
    5 FP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,336 Posts
    This is true, but it's okay. It is a new system and there are to be a few...kinks. I'll simply rebuild again, hopefully the next time our fleets meet there will be a fix to that. No hard feelings.

Shields? I was unaware we could use those. I don't know, with the turn based capabilities, we can't really pull up a shield and just cancel out a turn someone worked hard on.
    Yeah, we've always been able to have a sort of shield that can take a certain amount of punishment.

They don't cancel out the turn. It just goes into the system.

I'd say that shields can take one volley from the main weapon before they break. Secondary weapons wouldn't break it unless the secondary weapons fired consistently.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Yeah, we've always been able to have a sort of shield that can take a certain amount of punishment.

They don't cancel out the turn. It just goes into the system.

I'd say that shields can take one volley from the main weapon before they break. Secondary weapons wouldn't break it unless the secondary weapons fired consistently.
    We'd still have first strike then, I fire at shielded ships, he doesn't die, he fires at my unshielded ships, I die.

Or if we both are shielded: I fire at him and he fire's at me until the one that got shot first's shield breaks and gets destroyed instantly.

Take a look at the post above yours, maybe that will work?

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    I think greg has a good idea with the set amounts. I mean, it takes away customization options, but it prevents expensive ships from getting popped instantly.