1. Post #161
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    declare

Edited:

Cartesia decide on a sudden and mysterious change of lighting inside their ships from a dim purple to a vibrant green. Nobody knows why. Research on a super weapon is beginning (1/10) and the ships move into a more defensive position, whilst the small ships shoot off into the night to recon on their necron enemies.

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 56.

One of two of the Scythe Harvest ships teleport into fleet formation.

Advancements:
    Scythe Class Harvest Ship (1 turn)
    Large Ship (1 turn)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Eh, dmaster, you have too many meds

It's 4 small, 2 med and one big starting, and either 4 small, 2 med or one big per captured planet. (Can also be switched around with the latter, like having 1 med and 2 small per capped planet.)

Also, sorry about my previous declare. Internet decided to punch me in the face.

Edited:

Also declare.

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Eh, dmaster, you have too many meds

It's 4 small, 2 med and one big starting, and either 4 small, 2 med or one big per captured planet. (Can also be switched around with the latter, like having 1 med and 2 small per capped planet.)

Also, sorry about my previous declare. Internet decided to punch me in the face.
    I guess I could swap out my small ships for the next medium, I guess.

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Or you could just cap an planet, and continue to build those ships.

You know what? I'll add a planet near you.
    Near you as in NEAR you.
    It will be a small challenge, but you'll at least have a well defend-able planet.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Or you could just cap an planet, and continue to build those ships.

You know what? I'll add a planet near you.
    Near you as in NEAR you.
    It will be a small challenge, but you'll at least have a well defend-able planet.
    Awesome. That could spice things up.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Alright, I have the sprites done. I hope you like drones.

A Narxeminos hive scout drops out of rift-space. It seems as though it's rift-drives were destroyed, and most of the drones have disappeared.

It starts producing drones, sensing a nearby threat.
    It will only be able to slow them down, but if it manages to hold out, mothers may come to save it.

(Gameplay note: This is the second-smallest Narxeminos ship, the smallest being the drones. It is currently stranded, and can be disabled to be used as a manufacturing base, or in other words; a planet.
    It is recommended to disable or destroy it as soon as possible, or players may find themselves facing the motherships, which are the largest and most powerful ships the Narxeminos have.
    It is very difficult for a ship to fight a swam of drones. The Narxeminos scout may be heavily shielded, but there is always a weakness...)

Meanwhile, the ship above Terra Magna rejoins the fleet, and construction on the super-weapon begins... (10 turns)

A message is also sent to Carthesia:
    Carthesia com central, come in. We have received reports of a largely metallic planet entering ST-2's orbit. We think you should be the ones to take it.

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 58

(Moved surplus medium ships into reserve, they will be added when there is more room in the fleet.)

The Cairn Class Tombship teleports into the fleet formation.

Information: A ship rarely seen in the Necron fleet, the Cairn Class Tombship houses thousands of Necron militia and equipped with a huge array of gauss weaponry and particle whips. Like all Necron ships, it's hull is comprised of Living Metal, a strange substance that works to repair severely damaged parts of ships in a matter of seconds. It is advised that an enemy fleet engaged in combat with the Necrons to take them out before the ships can make repairs.

The territorial Necrons attack the new threat with a flurry of gauss weaponry and particle whips. Most of the drones are severely damaged or destroyed. The Necrons will dispatch units to the inside of the station via teleportation so that they can take over the station as well as put a stop to the homing signal it is producing.

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Hey oskutin, as you may see I used the sprite you used for the Schwarze sonne ships, I hope you don't mind, if you do, I'll remove them.

Also declare.

Silly Necrons. Did they really think that firing conventional weapons at small, fast and AI controlled drones would do any real damage?

The tightly packed drone formations spread out, covering 3 ships. This is a continuous attack, and will only be able to destroy the ships over extended periods of exposure.

The Narxeminos scout is amused by the Necrons' attempts to teleport units inside. They can't get past the shields, and there aren't even any interiors inside that aren't full of drones!

(By the way, they might seem OP to you, but I already stated that conventional means wont cut it this time!
    Also uhh, I have to go now. Any chance we can continue this conflict tomorrow?)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    (Hey uhh, I have to go now. Any chance we can continue this conflict tomorrow?)
    I wouldn't necessarily call Necron Gauss weaponry conventional, but okay. And sure, no problem.

I also realized my mistake when I attacked them because I read into what these drones were about after the fact. But hey, a little action never hurt.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    I wouldn't necessarily call Necron Gauss weaponry conventional, but okay. And sure, no problem.
    Yeah, I didn't mean that they did not do any damage, but more that the way you are fighting them is inefficient, and will cause more losses than necessary.

Edited:

Anyway, good night y'all.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,464 Posts
    Turn 13

The AGU Responds to the threat by raising its shields and dispatching a series automated Turret Stations.

[RADIO] Greetings, this is Admiral Typhoid. We request that you do not fire upon us, what happend at Terra Magna was a reactor accident and will not happen again. However we must condemn the murder of the survivors. [RADIO END]

Meanwhile Space Channel 5 Gets a new paintjob.

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,189 Posts
    The Arregythian control becomes slightly smaller in the Nordic lands.
    The Ostrigian Barbarians spead further west of their original spot on the Nordic land.

The Fortigoths spread out, crushing any Arregythian resistance (Which there is little of in their region where there are only rural villages containing pseudo-legionnaire militia)

Cornelius Ferrus, the Emperor of the Ferrus Tyranny of Arregyth pleads innocence, claiming his soldiers had declared him the rightful emperor. The Empire declines his innocence. He has no worth of proving so.

The Ferrus Tyranny sets out on a conquest against the Cenanbran Tyranny

The Cenanbran Tyranny attacks the eastern province of the true Empire.

The Khanate of the Silver Horde spreads eastward.

Current established factions on Terra Magna:

Ostrigian Tribes
    The Malamesh Empire
    Arregythian Empire
    Khanate the Silver Horde
    The Fortigoths
    The Julippian Tyranny
    The Alydian Tyranny
    The Ferrus Tyranny
    The Cenanbran Tyranny
    The Lyussian Tyranny

Current top faction:
    The Fortigoths

14. Post #174
    April 2012
    1,393 Posts
    [Turn 1]
    Declare.

Quick background-like thing:

A once earth-like planet called Aerthia emerges from the dark annals of this space sector...
    While hostile beasts roams It's wastelands, the Planetary Monarchy of Kirk (The P.M.K.), safe In It's high tech 'underworld', prepares for It's great planet colonization odissey.
    ... An ambitious people that fought for life against beasts from deep the dark ages, they will colonize other planets In search of a better home...
    ... Or die trying

'Dunno If there's anything wrong, I just know that I have a sprite sheet with plentiful ships.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,464 Posts
    Declare
    Turn 14

The AGU HQ Begins to power up its Quantum Wormhole generator, it will take one more turn to fully power up. Once it starts up it will emit an EMP Blast that can vaporize electronics at a Quantum level so it would be wise to retreat further.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Erm, you didn't really research a superweapon, or make one.
    I'm fine with the drones, it's a station, of course it has them. But a superweapon out of nowhere? Nope.

Declare.

AGU station.
    We rescued you from a horrible death in the cold of space, and you have rewarded this with countless acts of idiocy, threats, and plain neglect of the warnings we have given.
    This is your final warning.
    Power down your weapons and shields, recall your ships, and surrender. Otherwise, you will be annihilated.
    The ships charge their weapons, and set their rift-drives to jump out the moment the enemy weapon fires.

(Think about it, Diago. Do you really want to be enemies with the same forces that struck down the Necrons, which are and were stronger than you, plus two of their allies?)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Actually, I'm fine with you having a superweapon. Just don't expect my ships to be sitting ducks.

Edited:

my automerge

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Gotta admit, greg has a point. That station was looking like a mighty fine place to attack, to be honest.

Declare.

Turn 63

The Necrons continue their assault. Except, rather than ineffectively firing at the drones, they deduce that the station must be controlling them with some form of master AI and turn their attacks onto the station. A flurry of particle whips and gauss weaponry impact the station, attempting to damage the structure beyond repair or destroy it, if need be.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

The scout notices the enemy's attack on it self, and responds by shutting down all non essential processing and broadcasting systems in the arms, strengthening it's shields.
    As a result of this heavy shielding, signals will not be able to come through, so one spot is opened, allowing for the drone signals to continue broadcasting.

The drones manage to destroy the small ships that were swarmed the heaviest. Meanwhile, small explosions occur on the other ones, it appears as though they will be defeated some time soon.

(Sorry Dmaster, you were so close! Just wanted to let you know that if you figured it out earlier, none of your ships would have been destroyed.
    The weak spot should be obvious by now, so I wouldn't worry too much about losing more ships. Plus, if you manage to find it, you may be able to disable, instead of destroying, the station!)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 65

The Tomb Ship isolates the source of the signal, and focuses it's array of weaponry on that point, attempting to disable the ship.

Advancements:
    The "destroyed" small ships shift out of the dimension to repair themselves, and will teleport back into Varaiyah's orbit. (3 turns)
    (A.k.a. new small ships are being made, but I'm a stickler for Necron lore.)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Good job!
    Quick declare, for closure.

The primary attack and defense processors of the scout get overloaded.
    As a last ditch effort, the scout disintegrates all important tech, such as the drones and rift-drives, and fires its "consciousness" out of the system, hoping to be recollected by a mothership.

__________________________________________________ ___________

YOU ARE A WINNER
    Good job! You have successfully disabled your first Narxeminos scout craft!
    The Narxeminos scout craft may now be colonized, and be used as a
    manufacturing station, or in other words, a planet. You are allowed
    to create a new sprite for the station, as long as you keep the general
    shape, size, and gist of it. Enjoy your new planet! - with love,
    Annoying god-child.

PS: You may skip use the picture of the ship first arriving to fix the map.

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 67.

The Necrons secure the perimeter of the ship. They intend to incorporate this strange technology into their planetary defense system.

Advancements:
    Capturing the ship. (2 turns, the medium ships in reserve will arrive once it is captured)
    Arrival of 3 small ships. (2 turns left)
    A super-weapon is being developed. (10 turns)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Grats on your new planet Dmaster!
    But uhh, are you going to use it as a super-weapon or as a planet (or both)?

Also, you have a bit more freedom than that, in regards of a new sprite. (That is, if you want to change it more.)

Picture-less declare.
    The TPN's superweapon is almost finished! (2 turns, it's actually less than that, but I CBA to have to implement it now.)
    A heavy ship is being built for reserve. (5 turns)

Also, I think I might be implementing these scout stations more, as a small objective/challenge for newer and/or smaller fleets. (Not that yours was small, just that it would be more challenging (yet rewarding) if you had less ships.)

Edited:

Oh, look at what time it is. Good night y'all!

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Grats on your new planet Dmaster!
    But uhh, are you going to use it as a super-weapon or as a planet (or both)?

Also, you have a bit more freedom than that, in regards of a new sprite. (That is, if you want to change it more.)

Also, I think I might be implementing these scout stations more, as a small objective/challenge for newer and/or smaller fleets. (Not that yours was small, just that it would be more challenging (yet rewarding) if you had less ships.)
    The ship is serving as a planetary defense system. However, the technology used to transform it into a planetary defense will be the same technology used to make my super weapon. So no, it's more of a planet with guns. The super-weapon will be mobile and attached to my Tomb Ship.

Don't worry, the ship is in the process of being "upgraded" and I'm going to add a bit more to the sprite when it's done being captured.

As for more scout stations, that sounds great, that was pretty fun and it could help other players to get more space in their fleets.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,464 Posts
    Declare
    Turn 15

As soon as the Wormhole Generator fires up the AGU HQ Heads through it in an instant and is transported to a new location. Much of their technology is fried thus they will have to begin their research all over again.

26. Post #186
    April 2012
    1,393 Posts
    [Turn 2]
    Pictureless declare.

The PMA's Observatories quickly spotted an enormous space station deep withing Aerthia's "territory", thus triggering the research for planetary defense.
    With a hystorical step on their attempt to find a new home, The Planetary Monarchy of Aerthia developed Basic Ballistics Weaponry.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Declare.

Turn 70.

The ship is overtaken with a strange eldritch energy. The technology is now modified with Necron technology, a glowing focus crystal replaces the weak point of the old ship. The defense system is now complete, capable of firing a large beam that can destroy a medium ship and noticeably damage a large ship.

The two medium ships arrive from reserve, as well as the repaired small ships. The Necron fleet moves into formation, ready to mobilize.

Advancements:
    Super-Weapon production. (8 turns left)

Also, Diago, I see what you did there with the teleportation. However, knowing the TPN, they won't be too happy and will label you as public enemy number one for not surrendering.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,401 Posts
    Pictureless declare
    "It seems the scout station has been overrun by the Necrons Sir." "Damn, I was banking on that scout ship surviving, now we know that the Necrons can develop their weapon. Get Admiral Henderson up here."
    Gameplay note: Trantimir has a council of five. Admiral Henderson is in charge of the scientific research wing.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,464 Posts
    (I won't be able to post for a bit but on the next Picture Declare could you remove the remnants of the AGU Wormhole? Thanks.)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare, also, haha. You're spot on, Dmaster. (Dmaster was defeated, but sticked to Necron RP, but you, Diago? You fled.)

By the way, Dmaster. Do the Necron have... Honor? Would they agree to a fair battle in mid-space, instead of one just surprise attacking the other when possible?
    Also, if we're going to make planetary defenses, let's make a rule that small ships can't be shot down? That way there's still a way to defeat it, when you're not willing to risk your bigger ships.

The superweapon is finished!
    It is being tested on SS13's former moon...

The moon is fired into the sun!
    (Next person please remove it.)

Meanwhile, fleet one heads to Taendra, and will soon colonize it.

The big ship is in reserve, and the TPN is researching planetary defense platforms.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,189 Posts
    The Malamesh Empire is gone.. Taken out by the Silver Horde, wiped from the face of the earth along with all that it may have been remembered by. An Empire an so old and with such a rich history, simply erased from the maps of great nations...

The Arregythian Empire's power is dwindling. The Fortigoths spread west towards the Ancient Arregythian capital of Arregio.

Left abandoned and alone on the Nordic lands, the Little province of The Arregythian Empire remaining there has a formed Goal-of-Survival De facto Mini-Empire, naming themselves after the people which live in their few towns, as well as after the Empire that brought these towns into existance:

These people now call themselves The Ostrigio-Arregythians; Ostrigio-Arregyth.

The Lyussian Tyranny, facing no repercussions from the true Empire successfully turns into its own sovereign; Lyussia.

The Ferrus Tyranny continues to consume the Cenanbran Tyranny's territory, the Cenanbran Tyranny having no real opposition due to their leader's lack of knowledge or experience - he only declared sovereign in lust for power, and is now paying the price. Nobody knows why the Ferrus Tyranny is doing this, however. They also tear into the Alydian Tyranny, which barely had any territory compared to the other Imperial Tyrannies, now holding a glorified excuse of 200 miles of land.

Ostrigian Tribes
    Arregythian Empire
    Khanate the Silver Horde
    The Fortigoths
    The Julippian Tyranny
    The Alydian Tyranny
    The Ferrus Tyranny
    The Cenanbran Tyranny
    The Lyussian Tyranny
    Ostrigio-Arregyth

Current top faction:
    The Ferrus Tyranny

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,464 Posts
    Pictureless Declare :
    T16,
    SS13 Sits Idle not far from Aerthia, resting.. Recharging..

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Milkdairy, mind giving some descriptions on the non-Arregythian empires? (By that I mean no tyrannies,
    since I assume they're still the same as the Arregythian empire.)

Also declare.

Edited:

Actually, undeclare, got nothing to do.

34. Post #194
    April 2012
    1,393 Posts
    [Turn 3]
    Pictureless declare.

The PMA continues It's long range observation at the AGU HQ, It wasn't looking like a planet nor anything good to conquest. Still, this only make the Aerthians curious and curious speeding up one of their long waited and most important technology research In their history...
    The PMA Air Force developed Basic Space Flight.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Pictureless declare.

The PMA continues It's long range observation at the AGU HQ, It wasn't looking like a planet nor anything good to conquest. Still, this only make the Aerthians curious and curious speeding up one of their long waited and most important technology research In their history...
    The PMA Air Force developed Basic Space Flight.
    Hey man, we're not using that system anymore. We use the common sense rule now, see OP for rules.

36. Post #196
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,268 Posts
    The Malamesh Empire is gone.. Taken out by the Silver Horde, wiped from the face of the earth along with all that it may have been remembered by. An Empire an so old and with such a rich history, simply erased from the maps of great nations...

The Arregythian Empire's power is dwindling. The Fortigoths spread west towards the Ancient Arregythian capital of Arregio.

Left abandoned and alone on the Nordic lands, the Little province of The Arregythian Empire remaining there has a formed Goal-of-Survival De facto Mini-Empire, naming themselves after the people which live in their few towns, as well as after the Empire that brought these towns into existance:

These people now call themselves The Ostrigio-Arregythians; Ostrigio-Arregyth.

The Lyussian Tyranny, facing no repercussions from the true Empire successfully turns into its own sovereign; Lyussia.

The Ferrus Tyranny continues to consume the Cenanbran Tyranny's territory, the Cenanbran Tyranny having no real opposition due to their leader's lack of knowledge or experience - he only declared sovereign in lust for power, and is now paying the price. Nobody knows why the Ferrus Tyranny is doing this, however. They also tear into the Alydian Tyranny, which barely had any territory compared to the other Imperial Tyrannies, now holding a glorified excuse of 200 miles of land.

Ostrigian Tribes
    Arregythian Empire
    Khanate the Silver Horde
    The Fortigoths
    The Julippian Tyranny
    The Alydian Tyranny
    The Ferrus Tyranny
    The Cenanbran Tyranny
    The Lyussian Tyranny
    Ostrigio-Arregyth

Current top faction:
    The Ferrus Tyranny

200 meters?
    Shouldn't it be 200km? or 2000 km?

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,189 Posts
    The Arregyth Empire itself resembles Rome, including armies and tactics.

The Tyrannies are basically in the same design, but maybe slightly different tactics, and superiority. Typically they are NOW superior due to a mass of the Trie Empire's forces being defeated by Fortigoth hordes.

The Ostrigian tribes are not a true united faction. I just treat them like so as to denote where the different tribes are apparent and control. As for the others, they resemble typical Eastern empires in the classical age (except the silver horde which kind of resembles the Huns/Mongols)

Oh and sorry about the M deontion. That's meant to mean miles.

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    873 Posts
    Necrons do have honor.

Actually, they have their own special codes of battle. They give their enemies the option to withdraw before they make an attack, and will usually capture enemy commanders for whatever reason. They won't do that unless victory is ensured. Yet, they won't just do random surprise attacks.

Declare.

Turn 74

The Necron fleet moves out of orbit and advances into unclaimed space.

Advancements:

Super-weapon. (4 turns left)

I have mentioned that all Necron ships have Living Metal, and I figured that I would explain how I might handle that rule. For every ship that is extremely damaged or destroyed, I will roll a die. On a 5 or higher, the ship will repair damage, if the ship in question is a large ship, it will come back slightly damaged to prevent it from being overpowered.

In a sense, this will work as a shield, and I think it would be rather interesting to try out. Basically it's a shield that has a very low chance of working, if you want to think of it that way.

39. Post #199
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    declare

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Btw Ragamuffin, TPN said a while back that you could have the mineral planet.
    (The white one in between us.)

Edited:

Also, now that I think about it, planetary defense platforms shouldn't count as planets.
    A defense platform that is very strong? Mhhh, okay.
    A defense platform that is very strong, and gives you the ability to get even more ships for a fleet? No.

Then there's also the fact that it's right next to you, that was already a major advantage you were given, an easily defendable planet.

As I previously said, an evacuated Narxeminos station is almost nothing more than a shell suitable for refurbishing into a station, not a weapon.

Edited:

By the way, here's a new planet that's roughly based upon Trantimir.