1. Post #1161
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    God, if I'd have known the Doctor was on that planet, I would have sent ships to destroy it immediately.

Godammit, Now he's going to fuck our shit up with his TARDIS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    declare

Edited:

A second orbital bombardment begins on [REDACTED] and a broadcast is sent across the planet, adressing the rebels.

"You can either lay down your arms peacefully or die, we will not hesitate to wipe this planet off of the map if you do not cooperate."

The ships move into a tighter formation by Cartesia as the large scale battle wages to the west in a defensive fashion. Research into spontaneous interdimensional travel is being researched but is going relatively slow due to all of the conflict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Erm, spontanious interdimensional travel? That sounds almost like rift-tech.
    If you want, you could just message the TPN and request the tech.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1164
    a cervine
    May 2008
    6,716 Posts
    You skipped my worm hole. :c Was this intentional?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    A dirty Shisno did, probably not on purpose. You can just add it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1166
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    Erm, spontanious interdimensional travel? That sounds almost like rift-tech.
    If you want, you could just message the TPN and request the tech.
    I'm not quite sure what rift-tech is, it was supposed to be something like skipping in and out of the dimension in a defensive or offensive fashion. Like skipping above a ship, launching missiles and then skipping out again - hit and run tactics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1167
    a cervine
    May 2008
    6,716 Posts
    Declare~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1168
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Basically. It's been the TPN's most prized tech since the beginning, and it has multiple functions.

It can be used for quick transportation, via opening a rift to specific "gateway" dimensions, but it can also open rifts to other dimensions, where, per example, weapons fire can be redirected into (Well, only the GCS-Crusader can do that, since it requires massive amounts of energy to keep a rift open long enough for that.).

And yeah, it can be used in hit and run tactics.

9. Post #1169
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,679 Posts
    One of my ships will soon be able to use Temporal Shielding, which works slightly differently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1170
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Btw, I think every faction should have their own specific technology.
    Mine being rift tech, milk's being shielding against everything (seriously), and the other half of the TPN's being █████████.

11. Post #1171
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Tau specific technology is gravitic drives which can be used for warp speed and gravitic sheathes that function as shields. As I mentioned before, Tau messengers also have advanced tracking technology that forms powerful locks on specific targets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,679 Posts
    Arcturan specific technology is temporal shielding and plasma projection.
    Temporal Shielding is a very experimental technology only used on Dreadnaughts and Capital ships. It creates a field around the ship that is basically a random time-space portal. It'll send incoming weaponsfire either backwards or fowards in time. Originally intended for time-ships, but when discovered that a set location in time can not be set, time-ships were decommisioned. Can not be used for too long.
    Plasma Projection is basically creating massive beams of plasma held in a magnetic field, for example the superweapon I used earlier. Ridicolously powerful as a weapon but also requires the full power of the ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Rift tech is used in conjunction with localized gravitational fields (To redirect weapons fire into rifts), but does not use it to the extent of shielding ships with it. Other than that, the GCS-Crusader is the only weapon to use localized gravitational fields, and uses it to "fling" objects at enormous speeds, as well as being able to tear things apart using it.

14. Post #1174
    a cervine
    May 2008
    6,716 Posts

A signal appears on radars through the galaxy - the sound is unclear, and sounds really badly translated, but it still can be somewhat understood.
    S.O.S - S.O.S Need assistance - please offer your support. We managed to launch our emergency blast to create a vortex to an unknown location. Our planet has been conquered by a soldier race, they promised to let us have two years time to evacuate- but they attacked only after 6 months and as our emergency ships left they started chasing us with missiles and lasers. We were worried about losing our planet and resources, but we wouldn't have expected to lose our loved ones, family, and friends. We are offering our eternal gratitude and support for whoever who promises to help us.

15. Post #1175
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    If I had to choose a specific tech it wouldn't be the spontaneous warp thing because that would be way too similar to Greg's. I had an idea of ships being able to scatter into individual particles to quickly travel to places, patch up holes, dodge weapon fire or weaponise scrap ships.

Sort of like how I imagined teleporters to work, deconstructing the molecular structure of everything in the ship and then reconstructing it elsewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1176
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Yeah, but you'd be killing the entire crew, philosophically speaking.

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    declare
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Hah, I left a lone messenger in the corner on my declare. Going to fix it when face is done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1179
    April 2012
    1,370 Posts
    Don't everyone think instant warp technology, wether by wormhole or not, Is a tad unfair?
    You know, you could transport a giant fleet to a defenseless planet and destroy It In no time.

We could use a distance limit wich the ships can travel.
    We can also use a fuel/energy/shipendurancetoproducehighamountsofenergyfromgodli kecrystals system to prevent endless raids, like the one happening at [REDACTED].
    But to countermeasure this, a structure could provide the ships more "fuel".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,454 Posts
    Hey Raga, why did you void the ravine? Its not like it was random or anything either, if you look back you'll see that they have been building up around the landmass. Please don't void it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts

The two interlocked fleets again warp out of the system, this time through a temporary rift.

The rift is cleaned up for this image.

The fleets arrive in the Milky Way at the Sol System. The TNSC is on the verge of victory at this point, having taken out one ship's bridge, two ships' engines, and currently firing on another's bridge and weapons systems. The final ship is still putting up a fight, it seems to be attempting to fire up its warp drives for a short jump.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #1182
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    866 Posts
    Going to fix images, no one declare yet.

Main.

Our solar system.

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts

Random ass Intergalactic warping
    How the hell do you expect for two fleets locked in battle to travel trillions of light years and thousands of astronomical units to get to another galaxy INSIDE a specific system which is a secure sector, and as your fleets lack the technology (I stated Intergalactic Warp drives are something The Terrans hold dearly to themselves, and they themselves can't even travel between galaxies that fast.)

And of course Rift technology is Greg's thing, and even HE HAS A LIMITED RANGE.

Whatever.

Declare
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    How the hell do you expect for two fleets locked in battle to travel trillions of light years and thousands of astronomical units to get to another galaxy INSIDE a specific system which is a secure sector, and as your fleets lack the technology (I stated Intergalactic Warp drives are something The Terrans hold dearly to themselves, and they themselves can't even travel between galaxies that fast.)

Whatever.

Declare
    You don't get to exclusively control things anyway, calm your tits.

I didn't feel like making five images of the fleets travelling towards that damned warpgate and through it, felt it was simpler to have a temporal rift occur.

Then you decide to get all pissy because your idea of pure dominance with your race was discarded.

25. Post #1185
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Then you should have stated they went into the Warp gate instead of breaking other peoples' technologies.

The fleets are alerted of a disturbance in the lower right corner of the system. In interest of time, The Terran fleets decline any extra fleets being deployed. The furthest fleet near Jupiter sends the other fleet on its way, and activates warp drives to get to the battle.

The fleets surround the ships, and hail both ends.

Imperial High Command posted:
    This is Is The Terran Imperial High Command. You have committed an act of war against the Terran Empire and her people by entering this system and discharging weapons, as of article 678a. Leave immediately or prepare to be engaged!

The Tumbrians start to rebuild their fleet in full. This will take 16 turns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    Then you should have stated they went into the Warp gate instead of breaking other peoples' technologies.
    Calm the fuck down, you're being an asshole over nothing.

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    How exactly did he break other peoples' technologies? I myself transported a planet-sized space station with an accompanying fleet from another galaxy. Did that "break" the Terran inter-galactic warp drives?

And I'm not going to argue with any of you any further. Calm down Ogre.
    I wasn't arguing and I'm not mad. I was just pointing that out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1188
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Well, that was more or less a bad choice of words. In time I'll find the words to explain it without making everyone grumpy.

If you really want to do all that jazz Face we can all use rifts and warp in and out places and such.

But no, Greg wants his technology for himself and I want mine if that's fine with you.

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    TNSC High Command: We are dealing with a Class 5 threat in this system, you could very well wreak havoc on Earth if you fire upon us or them. Any further hails will be ignored due to the need to focus on preventing an attack on the home-planet.

We can talk after the battle, I have some queries anyway.

30. Post #1190
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    Drama Alert.

De-clare.

Code:
    The Leader has sent three small ships up in to space in response to the distress signal.
    Merter Ship Z-1996B posted:
    We represent Planet Merter.

We have received your distress signal.

Identify yourselves.
    Code:
    Only two more declares to go until the defence-laser is finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Declare after Sickly.

Damnit Sickly you had to declare right before I was going to >.<

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    Well, that was more or less a bad choice of words. In time I'll find the words to explain it without making everyone grumpy.

If you really want to do all that jazz Face we can all use rifts and warp in and out places and such.

But no, Greg wants his technology for himself and I want mine if that's fine with you.

That sounds to me like you're saying that there's an impossibility that anything could ever have similar technology.

Which is entirely unreasonable.

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Not precisely, and I apologize for my nitpicking, but at least find another creative way of doing it.

Perhaps you can perform certain functions the Rifts cannot, but cannot perform certain functions Rifts can.

34. Post #1194
    April 2012
    1,370 Posts
    ... Not one, but 4, NO, SEVEN...

Holy fucking god, THIRTEEN MEDIUM BATTLESHIPS.

So If he can, why my alien force couldn't?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    Not precisely, and I apologize for my nitpicking, but at least find another creative way of doing it.

Perhaps you can perform certain functions the Rifts cannot, but cannot perform certain functions Rifts can.
    That makes no sense to me, why should I have to think up some other, most likely inefficient way of traveling when this is the most obvious and simple way of traveling.

I wouldn't call that mass-relay up there creative either, considering it is almost an exact replica of the Mass Effect Mass-Relay.

In essence I'm taking a more Half-Life 2 approach, using a portal to travel through dimensions.

Edited:

... Not one, but 4, NO, SEVEN...

Holy fucking god, THIRTEEN MEDIUM BATTLESHIPS.

So If he can, why my alien force couldn't?
    Who does this refer to, both Milk and I have a total of 13 ships.

Not counting the Oecestians that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #1196
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    Declare after Sickly.

Damnit Sickly you had to declare right before I was going to >.<
    Gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo gogogogogogogogo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #1197
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    What in the fuck...did I just witness.

38. Post #1198
    April 2012
    1,370 Posts
    Fuck, there wasn't a ship limi--

The fuck?

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,343 Posts
    That's certainly one way to derail a conversation/thread.

40. Post #1200
    April 2012
    1,370 Posts
    Well, anyway...

There wasn't a ship limit?!