1. Post #121
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    pictureless:

"As per our agreement with the planet Omni, we are obliged to inform the AGU Research Facility that if you do proceed with your plan in 'uplifting' Terra Magna, we will have to respond with full and deadly force."

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    It is probably a good idea not to contact them, ESPECIALLY in their time period.

It's really the wrong time, since the fact that they would most likely label you gods, or angels of death (and most likely angels of death, if you attempt to influence Good Ol' arrogant Arregyth)

____

Although the Shalmagann horde is strong in numbers and soldier training, they are not strong in leaders
    The Shalmagann horde falls apart, obliging to the weight of their leader's death.

The Arregythian Empire destroys the Ikhemesh remnants, and the Malamesh empire feels it has accomplished enough territory...

The world is finally at peace, and Arregyth has created a vast empire ranging from east to west.

Current established factions on Terra Magna:

Ostrigian Tribes
    The Malamesh Empire
    Arregythian Empire

Current top faction:
    Arregythian Empire

(I forgot to update the key on the picture, but the Shalmagann Horde and the Ikhmesh Remnants are gone.)

P.S. Next declare I'll initiate that great plan.

P.S.S. Greg and Ragamuffin are awesome

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    The TPN ships activate Rift-drive...

This is it everyone!
    ALL SHIPS, OPEN FIRE!

The ships open fire, and manage to destroy the two medium ships, and three of the small ships.

(Excuse the shitty explosion effects that I made, I had to use regular MS paint brushes, since I'm not good with anything else.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    A message is sent to the last remaining ship:

"This is your final warning, you are to maintain a military of no stronger than 1 small-class frigate and must comply to our demands or face destruction. If you co-operate you may just see freedom yet."

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Well, I guess I'm out then, between getting killed by two fleets with no chance of getting back to where I was and the fact that I have no way to defend myself with this system, I guess that's that.

Good game, guys. Feel free to blow up the planet or whatever.

6. Post #126
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    I feel bad now, because that totally wasn't fair and this combat system sucks balls. Maybe we should use the common sense system after all, it's a lot easier. Feel free to make a few of your ships survive and fight back or something - seems a LOT fairer.

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    I feel bad now, because that totally wasn't fair and this combat system sucks balls. Maybe we should use the common sense system after all, it's a lot easier. Feel free to make a few of your ships survive and fight back or something - seems a LOT fairer.
    Maybe, you don't need to feel bad, though. Even if a few of my ships survive I would still have to fight the incredibly huge fleet. So, I'm kind of sunk either way.

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,466 Posts
    Declare.
    Turn 10

The small Research Station activates its FTL Drive as soon as the battle starts and arrives just outside Terra Magna's atmosphere.

Incoming Signal from AGU HQ :
    [RADIO] Greetings, although we will take your advice not the uplift them at this stage we can assure you that we only wish to observe how they evolve and We assure you we will have no impact what so ever. We don't work for big Governments. We work for Science. [RADIO END]

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    Well, That eased the lump in my throat.

P.S., I don't think these stat rules are working very well. Face doesn't even like them, and it's leading to stat stocking where the first guy to join the game wins.

I think there should be a Horde option where: You come in with a pre-built Fleet, that may be strong, and you conflict the current powers. Once you gain a Planet, or some form of regional territory, your fleet disbands and you must proceed to build a normal fleet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    I think there should be a Horde option where: You come in with a pre-built Fleet, that may be strong, and you conflict the current powers. Once you gain a Planet, or some form of regional territory, your fleet disbands and you must proceed to build a normal fleet.
    The stats are currently terrible in the sense that I built/was building a fleet twice and they get blown up entirely within one turn. I'd still like to stay in the game, but building and upgrading everything all over again just to get it blown up in one turn is not very rewarding.

This horde option seems like a decent idea, my planet/fleet has been blown up twice and I would actually like to do some fighting rather than sit in orbit and try to build a decent fleet.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,466 Posts
    I'm afraid I'll get blown out of the sky any minute.

12. Post #132
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    I think the stat option should just be thrown out the window entirely, and the research too. It just seems too limiting, and wheres the fun in battles if you 1-hit a guy due to you having higher stats. I'd be happy for dmaster to bring in a fleet and have a fun battle based on common sense and decency instead of restrictive stats.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,401 Posts
    I say we bring back the idea of letting the one who was attacked decide the outcome as long as it's fair.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    I say we bring back the idea of letting the one who was attacked decide the outcome as long as it's fair.
    That and the common sense sound good, personally, I'd like a re-do of that battle or be able to start with a decent fleet, considering I'm outnumbered and out-gunned.

15. Post #135
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,277 Posts
    Omni seems to be new IC

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Omni seems to be new IC
    Eh? I don't really get what you mean by that.

17. Post #137
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    Alright I guess remove our attack on your fleet and we'll let you build up a bit more - this is about telling a story, not winning - right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Alright I guess remove our attack on your fleet and we'll let you build up a bit more - this is about telling a story, not winning - right?
    Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Losing an entire fleet isn't a problem so much as taking 30+ turns to build it all over again. I thank you for the kindness. Let's hope a better system is implemented next time we fight.

It's honestly about the fights, not the victor. But when a fight ends in 1 turn and the loser's fleet is wiped out, that's just ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Hey Dmaster, I agree, it was an unfair fight, and you shouldn't have to take another 30 turns to build everything again.
    But there is one thing bugging me.
    You knowingly threatened a force that was stronger than you, and that clearly were not willing to risk their demise in any way, and yet you still did it. When your planet "relocated" instead of being destroyed,
    it felt like a punch in the face. You basically had a second chance, you still hated us, and you were probably going to focus attacks on us, yet somehow, I should feel bad for my enemy.

I am more than fine with a reverse, but I strongly disagree with the fact that previous relations still exist.
    I will not focus attacks on you, unless provoked, if you do the same.
    (And with focused, I mean that you and I should not specifically send fleets out to destroy each other at any given moment, until aggression between our factions have been re-established.)

Also, I think the combat system is fine. If ships focus fire on specific target to maximize damage, it should be able to destroy them.
    The bigger fleet will always win, there's almost no going around that. This is also why I think the battle between our forces was not unfair in terms of us being able to destroy you.
    The other system bananafoam made makes first strikes from same- to same ships OP, and the common sense never really worked THAT well if I remember correctly.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Actually greg, I mainly relocated away to get out of being between you two guys, because I knew you two would attack me at once. Directly attacking you wasn't really a priority, and I honestly made the choice of being hostile because you were the one who made first contact, so yeah.

The threat was mainly to speed up things, because this thread has honestly been moving slow. I'm perfectly fine with getting my entire fleet blown up, it's just that it takes forever to get back to where you once were, and now the amount of turns has slowed down considerably, making it even worse.

My problem with this system is that the fights are too fast, if I build a fleet in the process of 30 turns, I want to use it. Even if I am outnumbered or outmatched, I'd still like to get something done, rather than my entire fleet exploding in one turn. I can't really argue with the entire fleet exploding- the stats don't lie, and you did have a stronger force. But to me, it really wasn't fulfilling, and it wasn't a fight, just a fly-bly, really. I should at least be able to take down a few of the small ships in your fleet. I really don't care who wins, or if my planet gets conquered or blown up (could always make another), but when the fights only last a turn and everything I took many turns to build gets wiped out, that's lame.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Alright, You make a very good point on the combat, and the common sense system should then be used, but the relocation thing still stands.

You had not "researched" any planet teleportation thing at all, and you basically said they did it to avoid the planet's destruction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're allowed to restart (With no research, like you did), and this definitely was supposed to have been a restart.
    But it wasn't. It was a second chance, one that you did not have the technology for.

That said, do you agree with the "No focused aggression until re-established" thing?

Also, I say we just go back to the normal rules, and just use common sense for everything. I guess it actually did work well in the previous threads, reading back on it.

Edit: Just noticed the part you edited in; Of course my fleet made first contact, there is an unknown faction near them that is in the process of making an impressive fleet, it's natural that they made contact.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Well, the teleportation thing was more of a story aspect if anything. Game rules, yes, you destroyed the planet and that was that. I do admit that I rushed the research a bit, because like I said, the thread was moving slow, and I knew you guys would be coming to attack.

The teleportation wasn't really a technology/research thing. It was just me not wanting to create a second planet for story reasons, and I did want to start back at square one to keep things fair. I will admit that I skimped out on that, because I personally thought things were moving a bit slow. So, I just rushed the research and whatnot to prepare for you guys, in all honesty I wasn't going to attack anyone for a long while.

At any rate, I can agree to the "no focused aggression until re-established" because I wasn't going to attack anyone until the fleet had a considerably large size. I figured this thread was for amazing ship battles, and I honestly prefer to build a force before attacking people.

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Well, the teleportation thing was more of a story aspect if anything. Game rules, yes, you destroyed the planet and that was that. I do admit that I rushed the research a bit, because like I said, the thread was moving slow, and I knew you guys would be coming to attack.

The teleportation wasn't really a technology/research thing. It was just me not wanting to create a second planet for story reasons, and I did want to start back at square one to keep things fair. I will admit that I skimped out on that, because I personally thought things were moving a bit slow. So, I just rushed the research and whatnot to prepare for you guys, in all honesty I wasn't going to attack anyone for a long while.

At any rate, I can agree to the "no focused aggression until re-established" because I wasn't going to attack anyone until the fleet had a considerably large size. I figured this thread was for amazing ship battles, and I honestly prefer to build a force before attacking people.
    Alright then, let's bring on the reverse!
    (Declare-ish, just posting the latest image.)

The old rules, reposted together with the ship sizes:

1. Compressed JPEG images or low quality images are considered invalid and ignored, Save as .PNG!
    2. Use a reliable image host that doesn't compress the image, doesn't change the format, doesn't re size it, and can be seen by everyone. (I recommend www.cubeupload.com)DO NOT USE IMGUR OR TINYIMG. If you use imageshack, make sure to disable picture resizing.

3. If an image is 3 second crap It can be voted to be ignored. So take time on it. (Rating Agree for keep it/Disagree for discard it.)
    4. Big leaps in technology and Overpowering Weapons/Vehicles are not allowed, you can't start having two giant ships that can erase the universe by pressing a button.
    5. You are always allowed to make a planet, Unless absolutely necessary, nothing above 128x128 pixels If you really need to, increase the canvas size after adding the planet.
    6. Declare. Declare is "Getting in line" to post an update on the "universe". If you see a post that says "Declare" but doesn't have an update on the universe image yet, do not post until you see the image in that post or posted later by the same user. Then Post "Declare" and everyone should wait for you to finish before posting another update.

7.Do NOT Declare Stack past 2. Ever.
    8. Planets can have moons, but only make moons if you are actually going to use them for something.
    9. Shit like Warp Gates, Black Holes, Worm Holes, or Teleporter Orpheuses, are allowed, but you can't just start with them/make them in your second turn. You first need to research and discover that technology, then you have to build what you want, and you need a good reason for it.

10. Do not post a planet, then leave. This is NOT Create a Planet. This is Create a Planet and Invade Others. That means you have to stay and defend your planet. Or it will be destroyed.
    11. Name Your Planet.
    12. Do NOT cry and argue if your planet is destroyed. If it is destroyed, simply make another one, It Can even Be the Same Planet with a different name!
    13. It is recommended you color code/number/differentiate between your similar looking ships to help combat confusion.
    14. Always post a brief explanation of what happened in your update at the bottom or top of the image.
    15. You are allowed to omit details in your explanation to maintain a stealth technique, but be kind and perhaps leave a clue.]16. Any P2P Message sent from planet to planet on this thread IS hackable. If you want an unhackable message, use the Private Message System Facepunch provides.

17. Don't make giant moves in a single turn. That is considered godmoding and if you do it your post will be ignored.
    18. If, for any reason, you disagree with any of these rules, let me know your point and I'll consider changing it.
    19.Planets shall have a space of 2 planets between each other, to prevent a clusterfuck.
    20. A max limit of 4 small ships, 2 medium and 1 big with the option to trade a medium for four small or a big for two medium. Alternately if you have one type of ship you can have eight of those. (Other than things that cannot damage enemy ships. Like Construction Drones.) You may add 1 big, 2 medium, or 4 small after conquering and occupying another planet. A big ship can destroy a small ship in one turn but, depending on weapons systems and defenses, may not be able to destroy a medium ship in one, a big ship against a big ship should come down to a smaller group boarding it.
    (Space Stations count, but they must be about as big as a normal planet, and should be built very slowly.)

21. If you use a terraformer/Planet creator ship to create planets, an 8 turn Occupation time must be set to allow for others to have the chance of contesting your occupation of the new planet.

22. The maximum ship sizes and descriptions are as followed:
    Small
    A small vessel is mainly any frigate or gunboat in your military. The vessel can be anywhere from 4*4 pixels to around 20*20 pixels (And NO larger).

Medium
    The MAXIMUM size for a medium class ship is 60*30. This makes the ship more lengthy, as is tradition in most sci-fi spacey stuff.

Large
    Large ships are the heavy hitters. They have a MAXIMUM of 100*50.
    Edited:

Actualy, I have to edit in the AGU probe, gimme a sec.

Edited:

Done.

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Just to clarify, the research tree still remains, correct?

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Not sure. Let's have a vote.

Agree- Keep the research tree.
    Disagree- Remove it, and use common sense to determine the time to research things. (No more researching for anything in research tree, just researching special stuff.)
    Zing- Different option, post it, if it has more people agreeing on it than on one of the above choices, we use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Not sure. Let's have a vote.

Agree- Keep the research tree.
    Disagree- Remove it, and use common sense to determine the time to research things. (No more researching for anything in research tree, just researching special stuff.)
    Zing- Different option, post it, if it has more people agreeing on it than on one of the above choices, we use it.
    I disagree to the tree because it requires researching upgrades that you may/may not have a use for to build certain ships.

Although, I do like the system, but I find it a bit too restrictive, and so long as you aren't building large ships or super-weapons in 1-4 turns, things should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    If anyone cares at all Depending on the major faction that comes out during the modern age will determine Terra Magna's main military specs. Typically, if Arregyth comes out on top it'd be mostly heavy-hulled ballistic ships with much more capability to take really bad punishment rather than use overwhelming weaponry. If a desert faction comes out at top (unlikely), it would likely be light blitz craft utilizing high precision plasma weaponry (basically highly mobile plasma cannons with a 2-man control room and ship engines.)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,466 Posts
    Declare
    Turn 11

The AGU Probe sends a small probe down to the surface of Terra Magna. It lands close to a populated area in the Desert Region.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    877 Posts
    Declare.
    I'm guessing we're using common sense for combat and research now, let's get this back on track.

Turn 51 (Just a guesstimate, restarting on what I was researching.)

Advancements:
    2 Scythe Class Harvest Ships are being built. (3 turns each/6 turns)
    A large ship is being built. (6 turns)

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    (It's time. Shit's about to go down.)

Years of conquering, and overall peace, times have changed... The fall of the Arregythian Empire was long foreseen, but none thought it would come so soon.

Dozens of regional Governers spontaneously declare themselves rightful Emperors of the Arregythian Empire, separating from the empire itself.

A sudden resurgence of the Ostrigian barbaric tribes sends greater control over the Nordic isle, driving the Arregythians far back to the edge of the land where their only competent port to the mainland lies, any remaining territorial control between abandoned.

The Malamesh Empire itself is in some trouble, as the unrelenting momentum of The Silver Horde sets in to eat up the Empire.

Current established factions on Terra Magna:

Ostrigian Tribes
    The Malamesh Empire
    Arregythian Empire
    Khanate the Silver Horde
    The Fortigoths
    The Julippian Tyranny
    The Alydian Tyranny
    The Ferrus Tyranny
    The Cenanbran Tyranny
    The Lyussian Tyranny

Current top faction:
    Khanate of The Silver Horde

(As a side note, the probe is damaged beyond contact due to merciless war being waged in those areas, as well as overpopulation and horrible conditions in the desert region cities at current. The best option would probably be precision satellite imagery/direct feed from space.)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,466 Posts
    Declare

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Erm, sorry about that. My internet failed, uploading my declare now.

The TPN ship approaches, and enables cloak.

AGU station, we must warn you again that if you interfere with the primitives in any way that might advance their technology, or make them aware of us, we will be forced to remove you from this sector.

If you must send probes down, make sure that they at least have a M221-Stealth drive. Are we clear?

Meanwhile, a planet consisting mostly minerals enters the system.
    It is unknown if it has any inhabitants.
    (Tip: A new player may start on this planet, and maybe improve it's sprite. This planet is also FFA to capture, unless a player starts on it.)

Edited:

oh shit, lemme edit out his ship

Edited:

done

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,466 Posts
    Turn 12

The AGU Probe Station does not respond. Instead its Life Pods begin to detach and fly off but to no avail. A huge blinding blue light causes the Station to implode and send out a massive EMP Blast knocking out power to any nearby Ships or Technological Planets. The AGU Hub deploys a series of Refuge Ships to rescue any stranded Personnel, AGU Or otherwise.

MEANWHILE : The AGU Hub celebrates the opening of its Galactic News Studio, 'Space Channel 5'. More on this at six.

IN CONCLUSION : A Large dense field of unknown blue gas hovers around the previous site of the Probe Station, it appears to have a dense center and can be seen from the surface of Terra Magna.

35. Post #155
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Pictureless Declare:
    basic space travel & basic ballistic weaponry complete.
    started research into basic ship construction.

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

The ship that was caught in the EMP manages to regain primary defense functions.
    Primarily, engineering, the reactor core and it's functions, and the bridge.

Sir, we've been hit by an EMP!
    Fire the pacification shield!
    But sir, what about the primitives?
    We can't risk this being an attack, FIRE!!

The ship fires its pacification field. This is used in emergency to kill all lifeforms in the immediate area of the ship, and can be sustained as a shield.

This might be what some poor desert astronomer saw;

Com sergeant, inform the fleet of what has happened. It appears there has been an accident.
    I can't sir, all secondary systems are out.

Meanwhile, at TPN Com Central;
    Fleet captains, report in. We've received reports that the AGU have attacked one of our ships above Terra magna.
    Orders are to immediately go to AGU station, be battle-ready in case of resistance.

The ships move into maximum firing range, and enable shields, which are now set to withstand EMP and energy weapons.

AGU STATION, THIS IS A CLASS-279 OVERTAKING. YOU ARE TO STAND DOWN AND RECALL ALL SHIPS.
    IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY TO OUR ORDERS, YOU WILL BE DECIMATED.

EXPLAIN YOUR ACTIONS AT TERRA MAGNA, NOW!

Meanwhile, the ship at Terra magna starts repairing.
    The research for the experimental super-weapon will be done in 3 turns.

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    Quick declare:

The desert astronomers cannot comprehend what they have seen in the night sky, but they believe that the shining red and white entity is an angel descending from the heavens somewhere. They dare not pursue it.

(By the way, should I take not on the fact that the TPN ships looks suspiciously like my old ICSU faction's ships? (Although better looking)

Reference:

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    I did always like the way you added windows on your ships, unlike some others, but other than that I really don't see any resemblance.

Declare.

39. Post #159
    April 2012
    1,399 Posts
    Umm, excuse me, but...
    Can I join? If so, can someone explain a bit more of It? I think I misinterpreted the rules.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,190 Posts
    Create a planet, build ships, do whatever you want with them (as long as it adheres to the rules).

AnyOne can join.