1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    The evidence of his guilt is he had sex with her and she doesn't remember any of it, she woke up naked in a hotel room with no idea what had happened, and he said he had sex with her, along with a friend of him joining in. And she consented under heavy use of alcohol (which may have been spiked with a drug), meaning it really wasn't her consenting, but the alcohol/drugs making her want to in her addled state of mind.
    Okay.
    It's the alcohol making her consent right?
    And she drank it of her free will. Alot.
    And somehow the male is guilty? What the fuck does that bitch have absolutely no fucking sense of self control or something?

What next we gonna jail everyone who has sex with their girlfriends because it was not the girls saying yes cause it was the hormones consenting not the girl or something?

Edited:

Brb driving drunk cause it's the alcohol driving not me gonna jail heneken for drunk driving
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    I'm aware this is fairly far back, but this point is so spectacularly wrong, and the misconception so rampant, that it requires addressing.

In most western nations, including both the US and the UK, everything up to legally enforceable contracts can be consented to while intoxicated, the only issue being whether the intoxication was inflicted upon you by another party or not. "I was drunk" is meaningless.

Put another way, think of how absurd what you're saying is when put into abstract terms. "I did not legally give consent because I was in a state of mind I put myself in of my own volition." Suddenly, you can argue you consented to nothing, ever. Oh, that care loan? I was sleep deprived when I signed the contract.

Unless there's some massive bit of the article missing, the basic statutory requirements for a rape conviction were not met, and this is a fucking travesty.
    except that this is false and contracts are dismiss able if the other party is knowledgeable about your state - because it can be used to their advantage. Kinda like this, huh? Guy using girls state of drunkenness to have sex with her? Hmm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,288 Posts
    except that this is false and contracts are dismiss able if the other party is knowledgeable about your state - because it can be used to their advantage. Kinda like this, huh? Guy using girls state of drunkenness to have sex with her? Hmm...
    If a girl can say that she was too drunk to know what she was doing, then so should the drunk guy having sex with her.

edit: hoodoo456 is dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #364
    You know this has massive implications, right? Drunk driving and killing someone is going to be massively different than just a regular run-over. And just when exactly is the man supposed to know that the woman (or vice-versa) is too drunk? And if we can excuse people's behavior for alcohol clouding their judgement, why should we isolate that? What about crimes of passion, committed under the influence of extreme anger provoked by an external agent?
    This is a step forward to erasing "guilt" from law and leaving utilitarianism only (which I support entirely).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #365
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    If a girl can say that she was too drunk to know what she was doing, then so should the drunk guy having sex with her.

edit: hoodoo456 is dumb
    And they can. He didn't. How is this relevant?

6. Post #366
    beep
    January 2006
    7,768 Posts
    I thought they normally called what they did a one night stand, not rape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Okay.
    It's the alcohol making her consent right?
    And she drank it of her free will. Alot.
    And somehow the male is guilty? What the fuck does that bitch have absolutely no fucking sense of self control or something?

What next we gonna jail everyone who has sex with their girlfriends because it was not the girls saying yes cause it was the hormones consenting not the girl or something?

Edited:

Brb driving drunk cause it's the alcohol driving not me gonna jail heneken for drunk driving
    When you go into an alley at 4 Am in a guetto covered in gold, you still did that out of your own free will, but that doesnt' excuse the muggers who shanked your ass for the jewels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,288 Posts
    And they can. He didn't. How is this relevant?
    If a drunk girl and a drunk guy have sex, and the girl regret it afterwards and calls rape, can the guy also say he regrets it and get away because he was drunk as well?

9. Post #369
    When you go into an alley at 4 Am in a guetto covered in gold, you still did that out of your own free will, but that doesnt' excuse the muggers who shanked your ass for the jewels.
    When you go into the alley and scream "Rob me I have gold" it's a different case. Oh no I did not consent, I was high on gold.

Edited:

If a drunk girl and a drunk guy have sex, and the girl regret it afterwards and calls rape, can the guy also say he regrets it and get away because he was drunk as well?
    No
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Except he didn't consent to being robbed, he just put himself in the situation. Even if he knew that it could probably happen, it doesn't excuse it. Hell, even if it's for sure that it's going to happen.

If a friend of mine is getting beaten up by 3 strongman competition members and I go and help him to get my ass beat too (and I know this is going to happen), does that mean that I can't press charges?

You get punished/reformed/whatever for doing something wrong. Running over someone is wrong if they're in the sidewalk, why should it be right when they're in the middle of the road playing rock paper scissors?

You just have to correct both people's behavior instead of just the aggressor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    You're belittling this. It's not a regret, she does not remember how she got there. She was raped. I really don't get what's so hard to understand about this. Person 1 is out to get sex. Person 2 doesn't want to have sex. Person 2 drinks too much and becomes vulnerable. Person 1 sees vulnerable person 2 and has sex with them. This is rape.

If you're saying she remembers but just regrets it, you should really just stop and think for a while as to why you feel that way.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,788 Posts
    Nailing drunk girls is rape now?

Fuck, the police are now at the doors of half the Irish population.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,185 Posts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-17677969

He then took the woman, whom he had seen fall over in a kebab shop, to the Premier Inn hotel as he called someone on his phone to say he had "got a girl".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-17689346

The woman said she did not remember leaving, but had a "vague recollection of being in a kebab shop".
    I think other things simply must have happened in the courtroom that the BBC didn't report. I don't know. This case is horrible.

Edited:

We still have no idea why one guy was charged and the other wasn't.

Oh yeah, the other thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-1779187...medium=twitter

The receptionist's testimony was that the woman was slurring her words and struggling to stay upright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Well that shines a new light
    still girl isf ucking retarded. 19 year old should know how to fucking drink
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

15. Post #375
    You're belittling this. It's not a regret, she does not remember how she got there. She was raped. I really don't get what's so hard to understand about this. Person 1 is out to get sex. Person 2 doesn't want to have sex. Person 2 drinks too much and becomes vulnerable. Person 1 sees vulnerable person 2 and has sex with them. This is rape.

If you're saying she remembers but just regrets it, you should really just stop and think for a while as to why you feel that way.
    Again, to accept this, you need to accept a lot more. Regardless of what affected her, it was she who did it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    Actually... you should be able to drink as much as you'd like without fear of being raped.

Edited:

Again, to accept this, you need to accept a lot more. Regardless of what affected her, it was she who did it.
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    Fuck you.

Edited:

Why is it that every time we get a story about a women being raped people instantly thinks she is lying?
    because it actually happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Nice victim blaming.
    You might as well complain about how she was asking for it wearing such slutty clothes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    Actually... you should be able to drink as much as you'd like without fear of being raped.
    If a drunk girl makes sexual advances toward a drunk man and they bang, should the woman be charged with rape because she "initiated sex without consent"? Or does this white knight crap only seem ridiculous when you try to apply it to women as well as men?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    because it actually happens.
    Obviously, but it's not exclusive to rape cases. People lie all the time, yet we rarely see people being overly skeptic when it's about other kinds of crimes.

Edited:

If a drunk girl makes sexual advances toward a drunk man and they bang, should the woman be charged with rape because she "initiated sex without consent"? Or does this white knight crap only seem ridiculous when you try to apply it to women as well as men?
    If they guy is very drunk and unable to say no, then yes, it's rape. Guys can't really get hard when they're that drunk though, so it rarely happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Only men can rape, only men can be pedos. Only men are perverts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

22. Post #382

Edited:

no
    Great bloody argument, chap. Now, do say why "yourself" is only yourself when you aren't on alcohol. Why do the chemicals that control anger or lust or whatever aren't included in this? She made a decision, she fucked up. the reason you don't hold her accountable is the same reason you don't excuse a pedophile with a 6-year-old's consent. They aren't aware of the issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Only men can rape, only men can be pedos. Only men are perverts.
    Yeah, men are the real victims of society...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts
    These arguments

Edit:
    Because women are right? This isn't medieval england.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #386
    December 2009
    4,610 Posts
    And this, my friends, is someone colloquially known as "the problem".
    "This isn't medieval england, therefore large-scale sexism and unfairness doesn't exist anymore"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    If they guy is very drunk and unable to say no, then yes, it's rape. Guys can't really get hard when they're that drunk though, so it rarely happens.
    At what point does "drunk" become "too drunk" and how exactly is the other person supposed to know of this separation if they are also drunk?

These arguments

Edit:

Thank you for contributing a shitpost to the thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    And this, my friends, is someone colloquially known as "the problem".
    "This isn't medieval england, therefore large-scale sexism and unfairness doesn't exist anymore"
    Yes it does, but it goes both ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    Obviously, but it's not exclusive to rape cases. People lie all the time, yet we rarely see people being overly skeptic when it's about other kinds of crimes.

Edited:

I know, I was just pointing out that it still happens regardless, but its not an excuse for people to be misogynists.

30. Post #390
    December 2009
    4,610 Posts
    I know, I was just pointing out that it still happens regardless, but its not an excuse for people to be misogynists.
    Okay, that's more reasonable. Your previous post made it seem like you were saying it happened much more often.

As opposed to 1 out of 14 cases according to the best US report, and 1 out of 40 according to the most comprehensive report of all. With an average of about 5 or 6 %, so about 1 out of 16 to 1 out of 20. Even the report with the most false accusations only has it at 1 out of 10. That's horrible, but nowhere near a majority. That's still 90% of cases where the person isn't outright lying. The scale of reports goes from 2% to 10%, so it's much more likely to be much lower.

Not the whole "half" or "third" or whatever bullshit people are using these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Regardless, that number is much lower for other crimes.

Edited:

The number of false rape accusations is two to three times higher than for any other crime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #392
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    Regardless, that number is much lower for other crimes.

Edited:

The number of false rape accusations is two to three times higher than for any other crime.
    which hole in your body was this removed from?
    oh I misunderstood, you're saying there's 2/3x more false rape accusations compared to false other crime accusations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    I still don't understand how this is rape.

The only time that it should be rape just because the person is drunk is when that person is so drunk that they can't even choose. That would pretty much mean being unconcious or not realising that you are having sex. Unless the article is missing some evidence which proves she was unable to do so then I don't see how this is rape, especially since she apparently said yes she wanted to have sex with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,159 Posts
    oh god so many boxes

can't we just agree that the info we have is far too limited to make a fully informed judgement as to who is lying, if anybody even is? I mean jail isn't a particularly nice place so you want to know everything before you decide who goes in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,580 Posts
    i don't get it, this seems to be her argument

"i drank till i couldn't feel feelings anymore and did something i regret, i'm going to bring it to court for loads of emone"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    It genuinely baffles me that someone with access to the internet can be this uneducated.

Edited:

oh god so many boxes

can't we just agree that the info we have is far too limited to make a fully informed judgement as to who is lying, if anybody even is? I mean jail isn't a particularly nice place so you want to know everything before you decide who goes in
    That's why we have judges.

Edited:

i don't get it, this seems to be her argument

"i drank till i couldn't feel feelings anymore and did something i regret, i'm going to bring it to court for loads of emone"
    It's more like:
    "I got too drunk and someone raped me because I could barely stand up and had no idea what was going on."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,951 Posts
    so from what I read the girl was basically near paralytic drunk and a guy saw a easy opportunity.

38. Post #398
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Wait so driving while drunk makes a person a criminal, but having sex while drunk makes you a rape victim? This makes no fucking sense at all.
    Exactly what I thought when I started reading the comments here.

But nope you're not allowed to voice that opinion because that makes you a misogynist!! You think she deserved it and she's just a fucking whore dont you buddy? dont you!? Fuck you!

How bout you retards just take a breather for a moment and realize all anyone wants to see is more evidence before two men get convicted for a portion of their lives.

Edited:

Also if the white knights of FP think there hasn't ever been a case of rape claim against high profile (read: rich) people before in an attempt to blackmail money out of the defense, you're pretty fucking nieve

And yes, you should be mad about shit like that, because it leads people to doubt the claims of the real rape victims
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #399
    Prime Minister of Australia
    June 2008
    7,175 Posts
    Exactly what I thought when I started reading the comments here.

But nope you're not allowed to voice that opinion because that makes you a misogynist!! You think she deserved it and she's just a fucking whore dont you buddy? dont you!? Fuck you!

How bout you retards just take a breather for a moment and realize all anyone wants to see is more evidence before two men get convicted for a portion of their lives.

Edited:

Also if the white knights of FP think there hasn't ever been a case of rape claim against high profile (read: rich) people before in an attempt to blackmail money out of the defense, you're pretty fucking nieve

And yes, you should be mad about shit like that, because it leads people to doubt the claims of the real rape victims
    What "more evidence"? This guy was found guilty in a court of law. I'm pretty sure they know more about this shit than you do.

She was intoxicated. You can't consent when you're drunk. It's as simple as that.

Edited:

Also, calling everyone retards and "white knights" just makes you lose what little credibility you had in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    which hole in your body was this removed from?
    oh I misunderstood, you're saying there's 2/3x more false rape accusations compared to false other crime accusations.
    Yes, that's what I'm saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)