1. Post #41
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    fpmobile is based on phonegap, so you basically just create a base phonegap app and throw the fpmobile files in there and build the app, throw it on itunes for us to distribute. i think there may be a few iOS specific fixes and things hexxeh had going, but iirc he pushed them anyway so it should work fine.

2. Post #42
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,133 Posts
    fpmobile is based on phonegap, so you basically just create a base phonegap app and throw the fpmobile files in there and build the app, throw it on itunes for us to distribute. i think there may be a few iOS specific fixes and things hexxeh had going, but iirc he pushed them anyway so it should work fine.
    I can build it, just that I don't have a mac lying around.

its doable, but it would have to wait until like tuesday maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    I'd absolutely love a Facepunch App for iOS, I hope you guys get it finished and published on the App Store!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    December 2008
    18,133 Posts
    I can build it, just that I don't have a mac lying around.

its doable, but it would have to wait until like tuesday maybe.
    Is this planned to have updates or will they be handled on the backend?

5. Post #45
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    updates would need to be repackaged and uploaded, FPMobile doesn't download new versions on it's own, but now that you've mentioned it i'll look into doing that

i've been trying to keep the project active among other stuff i have to do, it's usable and i think at the very least, despite the iframe and pre bugs it'll be more than usable for the iOS dudes who dont even have an app, so i'd like to try getting it packaged and released so iOS people don't need to keep waiting.

also @crypto the app will be free so if you want to try getting it going add me on steam and let me see that you have a working version and i'll endorse it.

6. Post #46
    December 2008
    18,133 Posts
    ok ill see if i can build it tomorrow
    if i can and you have a ios device i'll throw it your way on testflight to show you

Edited:

wait holy what

i can build right now

Edited:

ugh, i dont have access to the mac that controls our development cert

i can thereotically build it though, already forked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,855 Posts
    This looks promising, I was wandering whether there was an ios facepunch viewer after seeing an android screenshot. I'm very intrested in testing this if you need any ios testers.

8. Post #48
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    FWIW I switched to Android last week and so I care less about iOS.

But I'll crack out a build for iOS this weekend see if your changes fixed things up. No guarantees Apple will approve it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,855 Posts

But I'll crack out a build for iOS this weekend see if your changes fixed things up. No guarantees Apple will approve it though.
    If apple don't aprove it, can I still have a copy of the .ipa?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    I paid $1 and all got was an STD
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts

Put it on cydia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,855 Posts
    any news on apples approval?

12. Post #52
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    Yes, please tell me their is some news on this because I have seen these projects get so close then die out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,201 Posts
    I'm no programmer, but if anyone needs graphics to be done I would be willing to help, I'm in need of a project to do so I thought this would be a good place to start

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,855 Posts
    Bump because I'm really intrested in this and it seems to have died with no reason from the devs

15. Post #55
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    I've been too busy with work to have time to do this I'm afraid.

Edit: You know what, fuck that, I need a good example of using Facepunch API, let's make this happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    project started up again, hexxeh is packaging for ios via cydia, we'll release some beta builds and iron out the bugs then go for a big boy release

Edited:

feel free to do my work for me and fix the bugs or work through the todo list, its open source for a reason

Edited:

if you have design mockups please post them or just get in touch with me and we'll work on the aesthetics of the app as well.

17. Post #57
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Just trying the Android version of this out now, it's pretty sweet...

It's coping really nicely with my shitty 3G connection on CalTrain too.

18. Post #58
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    Glad to see this is back.
    Good luck guys!

19. Post #59
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,018 Posts
    project started up again, hexxeh is packaging for ios via cydia, we'll release some beta builds and iron out the bugs then go for a big boy release

Edited:

feel free to do my work for me and fix the bugs or work through the todo list, its open source for a reason

Edited:

if you have design mockups please post them or just get in touch with me and we'll work on the aesthetics of the app as well.
    is there a specific repo i'll need to add to install it?

20. Post #60
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    Just put it on the Big Boss

21. Post #61
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Since we want to be update this as and when we like, we'll be hosting our own Cydia repo.

URL will be published once Kopimi is ready, he has the details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    Since we want to be update this as and when we like, we'll be hosting our own Cydia repo.

URL will be published once Kopimi is ready, he has the details.
    Once you get it on Cydia, still try to get it approved by apple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,931 Posts
    Will this be published on the AppStore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,201 Posts
    the FP app for windows phone was in a pretty good track, but Horsedrowner stopped developing it. maybe you could build up from it, I was helping him with the UI and stuff.

Also, I have a WP device, I have an apphub account (so I can publish apps in the marketplace) and I can deploy to my WP. I also have knowledge with UI design (specially on Metro design language) and I'm currently developing an app with some oter guy.

Screens of the current state of the FP WP app:

I'm not very good with programming at all, but I'm willing to help out to bring a wp7 app to the light

even if it means I have to learn so suddenly, I just need something to work on

25. Post #65
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    I am getting paranoid. Hopefully this will get released.

26. Post #66
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    I'm not sure if Kopimi is waiting for me to repackage, if not then he can release when he likes, since he knows the repo details.

If he is, then I'll repackage when I get home at the weekend. Travelling for the rest of this week so I won't get chance (San Francisco -> Paris -> Manchester).

27. Post #67
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    yeah i'm finishing a small update and then hexxeh can repackage

ie any delays are my fault not hexxehs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

28. Post #68
    This looks very promising

29. Post #69
    October 2007
    1,772 Posts
    Hopefully in a few days, we will be able to test it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    So here's the rough first build we have. Report issues to https://github.com/kopimi/FPMobile/issues.

Known issues:

Default icon and splash screen (I have icons, but I'm missing the splash images so far)

You can install by adding the following Cydia repo: http://cydia.facepun.ch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    So here's the rough first build we have. Report issues to https://github.com/kopimi/FPMobile/issues.

Known issues:

Default icon and splash screen (I have icons, but I'm missing the splash images so far)

You can install by adding the following Cydia repo: http://cydia.facepun.ch
    Just a straight crash to OS half a second after tapping it, for me anyway.

32. Post #72
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Just a straight crash to OS half a second after tapping it, for me anyway.
    What version of iOS? Any unusual jailbreak mods? What kind of device?

33. Post #73
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    What version of iOS? Any unusual jailbreak mods? What kind of device?
    iOS 5.1.1, iPhone 4. Nothing unusual installed except a Siri rip from the 4S which is somewhat unstable. But that shouldnt affect the FP App I wouldn't think. I also have BrowserChanger installed if that makes a difference too.

34. Post #74
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    BrowserChanger is probably the issue, FPMobile uses PhoneGap which is built (on iOS) to work with the default iPhone browser. disable BrowserChanger and it should work correctly

35. Post #75
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    BrowserChanger is probably the issue, FPMobile uses PhoneGap which is built (on iOS) to work with the default iPhone browser. disable BrowserChanger and it should work correctly
    Completely uninstalled it, to no help. As a bit more info, it will attempt to load for about 0.5 seconds before crash, then following attempts crash in less than 0.2 seconds. It's not an issue where it loads and finds a problem an crashes; it's just literally "iOS can you open this app" "NOPE."

I've also only re-springed a few times, shall I try a full reboot?

36. Post #76
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    may as well try a full reboot just in case BrowserChanger's settings are sticking around waiting for it

37. Post #77
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    may as well try a full reboot just in case BrowserChanger's settings are sticking around waiting for it
    Still nothing :c.

Do be aware though that my phone can be pretty crashy at times, the default mail app doesn't even work properly anymore. I'd wait till more people read this thread and try it out, and see if this issue is just me.

Even though I've yet to test it, great work Kopimi and Hexxeh <3.

38. Post #78
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,018 Posts
    I'm having the same issue

iPod Touch 2G 4.2.1 jailbroken, disabled BrowserChanger

39. Post #79
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Hmm, I can't reproduce this on my iPhone 4S, can you send me crash logs?

You can use these instructions to retrieve them: https://culturedcode.com/things/wiki...od_touch_(FAQ)

40. Post #80
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,295 Posts
    Hmm, I can't reproduce this on my iPhone 4S, can you send me crash logs?

You can use these instructions to retrieve them: https://culturedcode.com/things/wiki...od_touch_(FAQ)
    I'll send you them when I get home in about 6-7 hours, unless there's a way to access them via iFile or something?