1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    I finally am on the verge of getting a new gaming computer after years of waiting and need help. I have been advised on here before to just build it myself but due to my technical skills I do not feel that would be the best of ideas. Instead I am going to purchase a premade pc on newegg but I really have no sense of what pc to get or what to add on. I will like as much bang for my buck that I can get for 900$. This is really my only source for trustworthy pc advise so I will be purchasing whatever suggestion on here seems the best.

http://www.newegg.com/

2. Post #2
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,844 Posts
    For $900 you'd get a reasonably good custom built PC, I believe newegg have tutorials on their website and youtube for putting together a PC, it's not as hard as you think.

3. Post #3

January 2012
    99 Posts
    For $900 you'd get a reasonably good custom built PC, I believe newegg have tutorials on their website and youtube for putting together a PC, it's not as hard as you think.
    900 can get you a great PC, especially if you get a few used parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    I would prefer to try and get a good premade one first. I understand that it might not be too hard to put one together but I really would like to advoid that if I can.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,602 Posts
    I would prefer to try and get a good premade one first. I understand that it might not be too hard to put one together but I really would like to advoid that if I can.
    And end up paying up the ass for a worse computer?

Really, building your own is the best way to go. All it takes to build a computer is screwing things in, plug cables in and slot things in.

Basically, if you can use Lego, you can build a computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts

Really, building your own is the best way to go. All it takes to build a computer is screwing things in, plug cables in and slot things in.

Basically, if you can use Lego, you can build a computer.
    I know, I know, I have been told so before. Newegg seems to have reasonable prices on their premade ones and was hoping that someone could find and customize one so It would be pretty decent.

7. Post #7

January 2012
    25 Posts

Basically, if you can use Lego, you can build a computer
    While I would definitely advocate building over buying, I would note that most prebuilt PCs from retailers such as Cyberpower or iBuyPower are quite competitively priced.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    Nevermind guys I talked with a friend and ordered one. I appreciate the help though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)