1. Post #1
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Looking to find someone who can actually build a decent Garry's Mod map. I've had someone previously worked on it but something happened and he had to stop. If anyone is interested PLEASE feel free to add me on
    steam breno_16 so i can see if your any good for the job.

Requirements
    Can make a good quality map
    Can follow required instructions and task for the map
    and hopefully wont take forever to make it! :)

More info will be given by me via steam :)

Thanks again
    Brent (Jinx)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,508 Posts
    I might be able to help you once I get back home, depending on how big a project this is. Add me on Steam.

Here are some examples of my maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #3
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,850 Posts
    my name kruma, hire me, me good mapper, etc etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Hey, added you then. map size will be roughly medium-large as it will be a RP map but nothing like a huge city haha. ill talk to you on steam about it when your free

Edited:

my name kruma, hire me, me good mapper, etc etc.
    Add me :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Kruma r good mapr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2011
    591 Posts
    This should've been posted in the request section, yah know!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

7. Post #7
    September 2009
    949 Posts
    Hey Jinx, I sent you a message with everything I've worked on recently.

Hope to see from you soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    Smoothest request thread ever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Lol sorry if it's in the wrong place just thought it be good in map section and I didn't think the pic mattered. As you can see I did sign up here today and I don't use forums much, just seemed like a good idea to find someone for a gmod map. Ok...
    And thank you all for your interest, I'll get back to you all soon :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2012
    7 Posts
    I'm a very good mapper, I haven't publish anything and I'm not realy planing of doing so. But I got like a 1000+ -hours or so in sdk, and I have only finish 3 maps, those are my 3 first maps haha... <.<
    Anyways... My point is, I'm bored and I want to do something except playing HoN all days. And I would really like to help out on whatever you're plaing to import to the map. I sorta joined this forum just to help people out with hammer-editor, I'm plaing to post tutorials some day in the future. However, if you want help or a halfmade map just contact me and I will be pleased to help you. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2011
    591 Posts
    I'm a very good mapper, I haven't publish anything and I'm not realy planing of doing so. But I got like a 1000+ -hours or so in sdk, and I have only finish 3 maps, those are my 3 first maps haha... <.<
    Anyways... My point is, I'm bored and I want to do something except playing HoN all days. And I would really like to help out on whatever you're plaing to import to the map. I sorta joined this forum just to help people out with hammer-editor, I'm plaing to post tutorials some day in the future. However, if you want help or a halfmade map just contact me and I will be pleased to help you. :)
    First of all, get off the high horse. Your three first maps will never truly be good, you're simply not experienced enough to make such a map. You have to fail at a few maps in order to learn. Secondly 1000+ hours in Source SDK does not mean you have mapped for 1000 hours. Most people leave Source SDK open even though they're not mapping by accident. You've probably only mapped for 300-500 hours in total.

Oh and trust me, on Facepunch there are a lot of mapper I guarantee are better than you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2010
    1,062 Posts
    First of all, get off the high horse. Your three first maps will never truly be good, you're simply not experienced enough to make such a map. You have to fail at a few maps in order to learn. Secondly 1000+ hours in Source SDK does not mean you have mapped for 1000 hours. Most people leave Source SDK open even though they're not mapping by accident. You've probably only mapped for 300-500 hours in total.

Oh and trust me, on Facepunch there are a lot of mapper I guarantee are better than you.
    No need to be like that though. It's not like he did anything wrong. I'm sure he's not too bad of a mapper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts

I have 2529.4 hours, and i'm not saying im a very good mapper...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2012
    7 Posts

Dude, I never said that my three first map were good, they are awful, that was somesort of a badjoke, just... Forget it. And I literally 1000+ strait hours in sdk and probably even more if I count in how many hours I have in a offline mode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a newfag saying he is beter then everybody here, but I ain't a unexperience mapper, I PROBABLY know more about mapping then alot of the people here. I haven't seen anything here that have blown my mind... (But it most exist haha) And btw... The reason I said that I had about 1000 hours is beacause I have no picture to show that I am viable a mapper. I thought that nummber would tell people wich level of experiance I am on. BTW the very last thing, Boom: I did not come to this post just to boast about how "good" I am with mapping, I came here to get something to do. Read my F***ing comment before you complaing about it tough guy... -.-'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Dude, I never said that my three first map were good, they are awful, that was somesort of a badjoke, just... Forget it. And I literally 1000+ strait hours in sdk and probably even more if I count in how many hours I have in a offline mode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a newfag saying he is beter then everybody here, but I ain't a unexperience mapper, I PROBABLY know more about mapping then alot of the people here. I haven't seen anything here that have blown my mind... (It but it most exist haha) And btw... The reason I said that I had about 1000 hours is beacause I have no picture to show that I am viable a mapper. I thought that nummber would tell people wich level of experiance I am on. BTW the very last thing, Boom: I did not come to this post just to boast about how "good" I am with mapping, I came here to get something to do. Read my F***ing comment before you complaing about it tough guy... -.-'
    I have like 480 hours in source sdk, about 400 of those are mapping. You have to have idled some time. You come off as an asshole, and annoying. Quit with the emoticons and saying, " lol newfag so gay." The truth is, if you want to show us you are a good mapper, show us some of the shit you have made. Oh yah, and don't censor your cuss words. Makes you look like you are 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2012
    7 Posts
    I have like 480 hours in source sdk, about 400 of those are mapping. You have to have idled some time. You come off as an asshole, and annoying. Quit with the emoticons and saying, " lol newfag so gay." The truth is, if you want to show us you are a good mapper, show us some of the shit you have made. Oh yah, and don't censor your cuss words. Makes you look like you are 10
    Okey, I had faith in this community. I might just go back to another shittyforum like 4chan etcetc. "Come off as an asshole, annoying" Wtf? Is everybody here this stupid? I mean realy? Have any one read my comment? How can I show that I am a viable mapper if I have nothing to show, yeah IN TIME SPENT OF IT... Wow... -.-'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

17. Post #17
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,816 Posts
    Dude, I never said that my three first map were good, they are awful, that was somesort of a badjoke, just... Forget it. And I literally 1000+ strait hours in sdk and probably even more if I count in how many hours I have in a offline mode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a newfag saying he is beter then everybody here, but I ain't a unexperience mapper, I PROBABLY know more about mapping then alot of the people here. I haven't seen anything here that have blown my mind... (But it most exist haha) And btw... The reason I said that I had about 1000 hours is beacause I have no picture to show that I am viable a mapper. I thought that nummber would tell people wich level of experiance I am on. BTW the very last thing, Boom: I did not come to this post just to boast about how "good" I am with mapping, I came here to get something to do. Read my F***ing comment before you complaing about it tough guy... -.-'
    Show some pics of your best works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

18. Post #18
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Okey, I had faith in this community. I might just go back to another shittyforum like 4chan etcetc. "Come off as an asshole, annoying" Wtf? Is everybody here this stupid? I mean realy? Have any one read my comment? How can I show that I am a viable mapper if I have nothing to show, yeah IN TIME SPENT OF IT... Wow... -.-'
    that explains everything

Why exactly am I stupid? You are coming off as an asshole calling everyone in this community dumb, and then saying shit like, "how i show good map" For all we know you could have spent 1000 hours making blocks and using carve tools to make buildings. It's pretty simple, take a screenshot of your map and then show it to us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2012
    7 Posts
    Show some pics of your best works.
    Like I sorta said, I never finish stuff... Never... Most of my things are just test for other mappers and my self, like ex lightning. But fine, I found a map that I were planing to publish at the "Portal 2 mapper contest" in the summer of 2011 I think, the first portal 2 mapping contest. I never finsh I'm like 10% done with it. But I can show how it's look like now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    It doesn't matter if it's finished, why don't you get that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    April 2012
    7 Posts
    that explains everything

Why exactly am I stupid? You are coming off as an asshole calling everyone in this community dumb, and then saying shit like, "how i show good map" For all we know you could have spent 1000 hours making blocks and using carve tools to make buildings. It's pretty simple, take a screenshot of your map and then show it to us.
    What ever you say is inrelevant to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Why bother replying then? I said before post a picture of what you have made, and apparently that is too hard.

23. Post #23
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Some people make great maps with a short amount of time in hammer, some people can't make maps even with loads of practice. Hours don't mean shit, images do.

We are brutally honest here. If you want a forum that praises your fullbrght boxes, this is not the forum for you. If you think we will assume you are a great mapper on time spent, think again. You earn respect here, and it helps if you can roll with the punches.

Release content, show us what you can do, have a sense of humour, and keep calling GoldPlatinum "mr. tf2 scammer", and you might fit in. Or just go back to 4chan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2012
    7 Posts
    Fuck you all. http://froggymcnasty.imgur.com/all/ 10% of a map, haven't the rest of the source games instaled so I couldn't take my time instaling it and show ingame footage of CS:S maps. Had a friend told me that people we're cleaver here. Mopman999 can't even fucking read so fuck this shit I'm back in a month.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming. Back in a month" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Quality poster. I can read, apparently you can't. Hopefully you are at least 13 when you get back.

And no, no one here is a cleaver, so don't get intimidated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Fuck you all. http://froggymcnasty.imgur.com/all/ 10% of a map, haven't the rest of the source games instaled so I couldn't take my time instaling it and show ingame footage of CS:S maps. Had a friend told me that people we're cleaver here. Mopman999 can't even fucking read so fuck this shit I'm back in a month.
    10% of a map? None of your images are publically availible.

Also...although i only for a c in gcse english, i can at least type properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    July 2007
    7,850 Posts
    Oh wow, this Froggy jackass is totally up in own fucking ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    1,062 Posts
    I take back what I said earlier and agree with sphinxa, mopman, and IronPhoenix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    I love how he thinks that in a month we will have forgotten what a dick he is.

*gives paul a huggable whale
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    Good example is how long the kruma joke has gone on

31. Post #31
    July 2007
    7,850 Posts
    Good example is how long the kruma joke has gone on
    I am Kruma 2.0 do not underestimate me little poster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #32
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,415 Posts
    overusing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,974 Posts
    ok here's 50 dollars give map now

34. Post #34
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,415 Posts
    Like I sorta said, I never finish stuff... Never... Most of my things are just test for other mappers and my self, like ex lightning. But fine, I found a map that I were planing to publish at the "Portal 2 mapper contest" in the summer of 2011 I think, the first portal 2 mapping contest. I never finsh I'm like 10% done with it. But I can show how it's look like now.
    If you don't have something to show because you didn't finish it means that you're probably not best fit for this job.

Edited:

Again, you're clearly not fit for this job from that attitude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    Wow, what a downturn for a thread that started off so nicely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    HASHTAG!
    January 2012
    551 Posts
    I have 2529.4 hours, and i'm not saying im a very good mapper...
    I got just over 2600 If I remember correctly, not mapped in ages.

No, I ain't boasting or anything.. you're probably a better mapper than I am but yeah some people learn quick, and some don't.. it's just the way that it is. I mean, I have 2600+ Hours and no doubt someone with like half that would still be a better mapper. As I said, some learn quick and some don't.. It doesn't make us bad people <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,908 Posts
    hey man

1000+ hours

+

3 maps

=

horrible work ethic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,502 Posts
    hey man

1000+ hours

+

3 maps

=

horrible work ethic
    If you think HIS is bad I have nearly the same amount of hours
    1907.2 hrs

and only completed about 2 maps. the rest I lost in Hard Drive issues.

COMPLETED!

As you can see, I utterly fail at mapping. I don't even have the vmfs to some of these maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    2,573 Posts
    4500+ SDK Hours master race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Wow guys keep on the f... Topic would yas? It doesn't matter how many hours you've done because I really don't care. Someone could have a whole load of hours but can be totally crap because they don't push themselves to learn more... Fact is you guys are interested in making a map and helping me out. I appreciate it as well. So cut the bull and fighting ok And stiffy360 nice work :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)