1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    Pretty simple, I need a workout program and I also need to know what I can and cant eat. I'm homeschooled so I'm home all day and I don't start homework till about 8:00 AM. I want to join the marines when I turn 18, I am 15 right now so that gives me 3 years to get in amazing shape. I have access to weight machines, a running trail, more weights, etc.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    Do SS (Starting Strength).
    If you're skinny, eat a lot (3000 calories at least (count your calories)). Lots of protein (1 g per lb of bodyweight per day).
    If you're fat, eat lots of protein (still 1 g per lb of bodyweight per day), but eat little of everything else.
    High protein food is stuff like meat, fish and beans.

3. Post #3

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,233 Posts
    Pretty simple, I need a workout program and I also need to know what I can and cant eat. I'm homeschooled so I'm home all day and I don't start homework till about 8:00 AM. I want to join the marines when I turn 18, I am 15 right now so that gives me 3 years to get in amazing shape. I have access to weight machines, a running trail, more weights, etc.
    Unless you are a total retard, don't join the marines. You can do the same in the Air Force or Navy, get better benefits, better deployments, and not have to deal with all the bullshit.

Im air force and in my barracks we have marines on the 1st floor. They get drug dogged monthly and are constantly having to make up for the lack of intelligence of others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,139 Posts
    I bet you my left testicle you will change your mind about this by the time you're 18.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2010
    3,141 Posts
    I bet you my left testicle you will change your mind about this by the time you're 18.
    op, after reading this, plz change your mind about this by the time you are 18 so perf will lose half his manhood

kthxbai
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    73 Posts
    Joining the marines is not something you can do half hearted, so you will soon find out by yourself if your really going to to give it your all. Anyway the best advice i can give you is running! lots of it! That's why they have the nickname "bootnecks".

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    op, after reading this, plz change your mind about this by the time you are 18 so perf will lose half his manhood

kthxbai
    That's not how betting works???

We would have to not change his mind by the time he's 18.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    I'm dedicated to join the marines, nobody will change my mind or convince me otherwise. And I guess I'll just keep running every morning and work on more pushups and situps and just lift some more weights, With eating I'll have to tell my mom to start buying some more protein stuff.

10. Post #10
    December 2011
    2,248 Posts
    This is what I do for running, and right now I'm at about a 5:40 mile and 19:30 5k.

Monday: Pace changing workout
    -Mile warm up erryday (VERY SLOW)

-30s hard 30s easy (or 60 60) repeated 8 times

-Hills
    Either 8 15 second hills, two sets of 1 x 30s 1 x 60s 1 x 90s, or 5 50 step hills

-Cool down
    1 - 2 miles. This is very important, like the warm up, and should be VERY SLOW.

---

Tuesday: LSD (Long slow distance, not Lysergic acid diethylamide)
    3 - 8 miles at a slow pace. Warm up and cool down are included in the work out, so no need to worry about that.

-Strides
    Pick somewhere flat around 50m long, and run from end to end 4 - 8 times starting at a jog and ending at a sprint

-Downhill accelerations
    Run down a hill, pretty simple. To help your leg turnover. 4 - 6 of these.
    ---

Wednesday: 400s, 800s, 1200s or Mile repeats (Polish relays if you have 2 friends with you)
    -Warm up

-For 400s, do two sets of 4 - 5 at a fast pace with 1 minute rest between.
    -For 800s, do 4 with a minute or two of rest between.
    -For 1200s, do 4 with 2 minutes rest between
    -For Mile repeats, do 3 with 2 minutes rest between

(Polish relays: Pick a 400m course, and send one person to the 200 mark (middle). Then, have two people at the start. Each person runs 200 to the other person, and your rest is how ever long it takes for you to get tagged. Repeat until everyone has done 16 200s

Diagram-ish thing:
    1 runs to 2, 2 runs to 3, 3 runs to 1, etc.
    13--------------------

This is a bitch of a work out, so don't go all out in the first few 200s)

-Hills

-Cool down

---

Thursday: LSD

-Distance should be about a mile longer than tuesday

-Strides
    -Downhill accelerations

---

Friday: Time trial
    -Warm up
    -Time trial (Just time your mile, to see your improvement. Don't do this everyday, only Fridays)
    -Something short, because you should've just ran a hard mile. 4 x 400s maybe.
    -Cool down

---
    Saturday: SSD
    Just run 2 miles or so. A recovery type day.

---

Sunday: Rest

---

And repeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    41 Posts
    Go for it dude. I think you can do anything if you put your time and mind to it. After seeing some comments, dont let anyone pull you down or tell you otherwise. Running and strength training would be the way to go... but you'll want to do more running though... protein and vegetables and more protein and you should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    Really late bump but I found this workout on bodybuilding and was wondering if it was any good http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw34.htm

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts
    Bro, I'm in the Marine Corps and you really don't need to be in great shape to join. If you can pass the IST you'll be fine. Any area that you are deficient in will be, uhh... "corrected" in boot camp.

That being said, you should seriously change your mind. It's not what it's cracked up to be, you're not gonna be doing bad ass shit all the time like they show you in those videos at the recruiters office. It's like 90% cleaning shit, getting fucked with, and standing in formations for hours on end... and it really is for retards. If you have the intellectual capacity of a 13 year old you'd be right at home. You can talk about dicks and fags as much as you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    Bro, I'm in the Marine Corps and you really don't need to be in great shape to join. If you can pass the IST you'll be fine. Any area that you are deficient in will be, uhh... "corrected" in boot camp.

That being said, you should seriously change your mind. It's not what it's cracked up to be, you're not gonna be doing bad ass shit all the time like they show you in those videos at the recruiters office. It's like 90% cleaning shit, getting fucked with, and standing in formations for hours on end... and it really is for retards. If you have the intellectual capacity 13 year old you'd be right at home. You can talk about dicks and fags as much as you want.
    My grandfather has talked to me about it and I know what there is to do and I know its going to suck but I want to be part of the most elite fighting force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2007
    1,879 Posts
    lmao bro your not gonna be part of the most elite fight force.

Your best bet would be to join armys with an 11x contract and try and go to ranger school, they at least have intelligence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts
    My grandfather has talked to me about it and I know what there is to do and I know its going to suck but I want to be part of the most elite fighting force.
    Your grandfather was probably in a long time ago. Things have changed, a lot. In all honesty there's not much that sets us apart from the Army anymore. We just get in trouble more often. (The whole 13-yr old intellect thing plays heavily in this)

Edited:

Oh and less funding, shitty gear comprised mostly of Army hand-me-downs, and just shittier quality of life.

I get that you want it to be hard, that's what I signed up for originally. I wanted something that would kick my ass, it did, and I liked it, at first. But 4 years is a long fucking time, a lot longer than you probably realize at your age.

Edited:

and you learn to replace half of your vocabulary with "shit" and "fuck"

17. Post #17
    April 2012
    3,359 Posts
    elite fighting force.......

oh man, it's funny. Looking at your youtube, you are clearly interested in airsoft and what not which is probably one of your inspirations, but with the way things are headed, the last thing the "elite fighting force" wants is more recruits with downsizing.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    Airsoft is just a hobby of mine, and maybe I'll reconsider joining the marines... I've still got 3 years to go before I make my decision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2012
    3,359 Posts
    Airsoft is just a hobby of mine, and maybe I'll reconsider joining the marines... I've still got 3 years to go before I make my decision.
    Hobbies can have a strong pull to what one intends to do with life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,508 Posts
    Since you appear to be willing to work hard, look at becoming a Navy SEAL. Now that is something that requires you to be in shape before you go to training. Secretive missions, small groups, killing machines, etc.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    I was going to join the navy but then I thought the marines we totally bad ass and what not and then my grandfather told me about the marines and then I thought that would be good and I heard about Force Recon and now I'm just confused as fuck.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,434 Posts
    you thought the marines were more badass than the navy seals?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Navy Seals, Marines, all got their own prejudice bullshit going on. Everything's the same; you'll complain just as much in the marines as you would in the navy seals. Pick your hell.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    you thought the marines were more badass than the navy seals?
    I thought Marine force recon would be more bad ass. I've still got 3 years to decide so I'll just get in good shape and pick when the time is right.

25. Post #25
    April 2012
    3,359 Posts
    I thought Marine force recon would be more bad ass. I've still got 3 years to decide so I'll just get in good shape and pick when the time is right.
    Joining any part of the military because they are "badass" is a bad life decision imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,780 Posts
    Joining any part of the military because they are "badass" is a bad life decision imo.
    Well I wasnt joining just to be bad ass but I was going to pick the more badass branch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    "Badass" because they're the first ones sent in? AKA: the most expendable ones? There's a reason why the pawns are in front on a chess board.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2011
    45 Posts
    Dear Friend, I am joining the British Army, and recently passed my mental tests, I need to send of my medical history and do my fitness and I'm good to go, and I've been following this poster with a 4 week programme on it, it really has gotten me in AMAZING shape already, and it's been almost 4 weeks, so from there you can kind of extend it if you want, if you want it.. I will E-mail a picture of it, or if you live in the UK I can post it to you?

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,956 Posts